Wix Reviews

About Wix

Wix is a cloud-based landing page solution that helps users create and manage websites. The solution provides multiple templates with video backgrounds, fonts and animation. It allows users to customize the website with their own...

4.2
4.2

Browse Wix Reviews

9,469 of 9,469 reviews
Frank
Frank

Reviewed on 15/07/2021

The only way to be a full stack developer without coding.

If you want to become a Full Stack web developer without learning HTML, CSS, PHP and JavaScript then WIX is the best CMS for you to choose. I've introduced a lot of friends to use WIX and they really enjoy it. I am now part of the WIX family.

Pros

After some few years in the web development world, I wanted the best CMS with more features that can help me design my websites without stressing on too much coding. Wix was there to rescue me. With Wix I can develop tons of websites within a week without CODING. This is so far the best CMS for every web developer. It is also easy for everyone to learn, customer and use.

Cons

I need more feature in Wix CMS because I'm stack and I won't use any CMS except. I don't have any problem with the price. It is very cool.

WordPress and Joomla

Reasons for Choosing Wix

I also wanted a CMS that comes with a lot of features and also very simple for everyone to use.

Drupal and Joomla

Reasons for Switching to Wix

Very simple to use and customize. I always do magic anytime I use WIX.
Laura

Reviewed on 06/05/2024

Best website platform for DIY/beginners!

amazing customer service, user friendly and intuitive.

Pros

Wix hands down has the best customer service of any website platform Ive ever used. I've never had an issues that didn't get fixed the same day, and even their lowest level of support is incredibly knowledgable.

Cons

I don't really have any cons! Wix is a great platform for salons/beauty industry pros.

WordPress and Squarespace

Reasons for Switching to Wix

Ease of use, top tier customer service!!
Brit
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 19/04/2024

If you know what you're doing you'll be fine. If not budget more time.

Affordable and excruciatingly slow, but the customer service is available when you purchase a premium plan and they're genuinely good folks.

Pros

All three customer service reps that helped me via live chat today and tonight have been gracious, kind and knowledgeable.

I've been working on a host of problems for 8 hours now and finally resolved 80 percent of them. The other two the staff are looking into and will get back to me.

Cons

I have a hard time waiting for what seems like dial up speeds while editing. It is table flipping, laptop yeetingly frustrating. Also its not 100% intuitive. I have been trying to get the offshoots of various website links to match my "brand" just in terms of font and its been a nightmare so far.

Top Wix Alternatives

WordPress Portal

SeoSamba WordPress Enterprise

Gregor
  • Industry: Photography

Reviewed on 09/02/2024

Is very nice for basic use

I tried to set it up and use it for some months only until I gave up and changed for word press that has much more add-ons and its much better supported and offers much more customization

Pros

The basic templates are easy to use and have a very good look and feel

Cons

When it comes to intermediate and advance features, it is very limited and hard to customize

Reasons for Choosing Wix

They promised more options compared to what Google sites have to offer

Reasons for Switching to Wix

cost, look and promised customization and ease of use
KATRINA

Reviewed on 25/03/2024

User-Friendly Experience Building and Navigating

Great experience overall I have built over 10 website through Wix and will continue recommending for my media clients

Pros

I really enjoy how easy it is to build, edit, and publish my site with how much change we experience in my business. I also love that they have the trendiest and most useful features to choose from.

Cons

I wish there was a membership/booking option on the WIX POS

Anil

Reviewed on 23/04/2024

Wix Insight by Drupal Developer

Pros

Wix gives me the ability to develop and design websites easily via drag and drop functionality which doesn’t involve coding.

Cons

I must integrate with Calendaring tools, but that’s a simple task.

Christina
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 30/04/2024

For simple websites

Pros

It was easy to setup and meets most of our needs in terms of landing pages and quick event registration pages.

Cons

It is a mess in terms of code and tends to be slightly laggy and hard to upscale.

Joy

Reviewed on 18/03/2024

Wix is a lifesaver

Pros

As a digital marketing college student, we had to make websites every month or so and wix was a major life changer. It’s so easy to navigate and you can get a website set up in less than an hour!

Cons

I have no issues with it at all! I found it so quick and easy

Muhammad

Reviewed on 25/03/2024

Wix, your go to scheduling system.

Pros

Wix Bookings is an easy-to-use scheduling system for small to medium sized businesses

Cons

Customizability is an issue along with most of these type of products, unable to select custom appointment length.

Nomusa
Nomusa
  • Industry: Design
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 10/05/2024

Try WIX for your ecommerce

My experience was not so favorable. Wix offers a free plan, advanced features, custom domains, e-commerce capabilities, and ad-free options that require a paid subscription, which may not be cost-effective for some users.

Pros

Wix offers a drag-and-drop editor that makes it easy for beginners to create and customize websites without needing coding skills

Cons

Wix offers extensive customization options, but users may encounter limitations in achieving highly complex or unique design layouts compared to coding-based platforms.

Arran
Arran

Reviewed on 10/04/2020

Reviewing Wix

My Overall view is that Wix do give a great service and its very easy to use and to get a great site up and going in a few days if not in one day ! Only thing id say is that they are dragging their heals in updating the back end of the shop to make it better but the costs of Millions seems to be putting them off !! Bite the Bullet Wix !!

Pros

Great Platform, Never Crashes and fast to upload, Great information on how to use Wix and you dont have to be an Expert to use and to make a great website

Cons

No Cons,ive found over the years its always up and going 24/7 so never no down time, i find it very hard to dislike anything about the Wix platform

Shopify

Reasons for Choosing Wix

Wix has a stronger and faster platform and it dont crash as much as Yola did.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

the price is cheaper and theres not much difference in the platform compared to Wix Vs Shopify
WENDY
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 02/12/2020

User Friendly Website Builder

Overall , I am a happy Wix user so far.
Everything in WIX is a no-brainer. Even if you do, there's always a friendly help support team to ask around with. So, go ahead and try it out. Building a website wouldn't be a headache with WIX ;)

Pros

I really like how versatile WIX is. You can basically be as creative as you want in building your own website. Even if you are not as creative , the beautiful templates given are enough to make you choose the perfect design. Or you can even let WIX to do the site building job for you as they have a very convenient and intelligent . Just answer a few questions and let Wix to start building your website. You just need to make some personal touch and that will be guided by Wix as well.

I love the fact that there is a cropping tool which can really cut off your time if you're not a photoshop user. The tool gives you the simplest way to crop out background and saving you lots of time.

Also, another thing to love is that how simple it is to integrate other software into wix . Even if you are from a zero coding background, integration becomes easy as ABC and that's no joke.

Cons

I have to say that I didn't like the fact that most widgets added in Wix are some add on feature which require you sign up and pay. I have to say as convenient they are, the usage is quite limited and the price is somewhat expensive. For example, there is a limit for the forms and subscribers name lists .
Hence, as a user, we have required to use 3rd party software to be integrated such as Zapier and Hubspot.
I just realized that by using Wix as a website, it means that you are bound to use it for the rest of your life as you cannot transfer your site to some other site builders.
It wouldnt be much of a big deal if you have already done it as the features in Wix are quite comprehensive and useful.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

I have heard how Wordpress is easily hacked by others so I decided to choose Wix in the end because so far, I have only heard good security about Wix.
  • Industry: Sports

Reviewed on 03/06/2021

Fast and Easy

My overall experience with Wix has been extremely positive. My sites are put up and edited quickly, and can be completely overhauled and changed at any time. The drop and drag features make it a snap for novice users.

Pros

I have three sites up and they are simple to build and edit. The software is terrific for small businesses that don't have an "IT" person on staff and need to get things updated quickly. There are plenty of options in terms of templates, fonts, buttons, graphics, and more.

Cons

The only negative thing is having to purchase multiple custom emails. It's a bit pricey for small businesses. It would be nice if you received three emails as the standard purchase.

GoDaddy Website Builder

Reasons for Choosing Wix

Price and quality- Wix was better in both areas.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

I chose Wix because of the ease of use and the sites look more professional.
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 04/08/2021

A solid no to low-code offering, with frequent new enhancements

Very positive for our studio's needs, where presentation and design are on par with utility. Wis is not going to work for those who are hard-core, coder-only types.

Pros

Truly a no-code option for those needing that, and a low-code option being brought up to speed with the new Velo offering. Ascend Marketing platform add-on is a good value for the faeture set. Support is almost always exceptional.

Cons

Not pleased with some of the awkward interface issues with Velo, the coding aspect of the platform. It has a ways to go before I would consider it mature and offerting some of the same parity on CMS features.

Alfredo
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 03/03/2022

Great easy to use platform but be wary of its "Low Cost", most additional basic features will...

If you're coming from another platform such as wordpress or creating your first website for your business or personal use, this is a god send. Just be careful to understand all the right features for you, what you need, so you don't end up with a plan that is 5x what you would've planned initially. It gets out of control really fast. Other than that, it's a pretty reliable platform for novice users and want a site that looks more professional.

Pros

I found the whole wix platform and ecosystem easy to use, tightly integrated and with a simple user experience. Setting up a website, modifying it and publishing is quite straightforward. There are a vast number of templates, and the editing features are very easy to use for non coders or non graphic designer. You can move around elements and change sizes with ease.

Cons

Pretty much any additional and sometimes necessary feature needs an upgrade, so it can become easily a "not so cheap" option. It's really a trade off but not the one you enjoy doing.
The customer support is lacking to non existant, so if you never run into any questions or problems, you're going to be fine. But the moment you have a problem that needs an answer, it's not an enjoyable experience. They do have a quite robust FAQ and help guide, but in my experience it doesn't cover a lot of ground on average issues that may arise.

Webflow

Reasons for Choosing Wix

Updating anything on wordpress is a design nightmare, changing templates is impossible since it'll misconfigure anything, and then you have the extra cost of having to pay for a server. I just don't think wordpress is a friendly solution for noncoders and nondesigners, it's not for your average joe

Price
Justin
Justin
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 02/04/2022

Wix is the Easiest Website Builder on the the Internet

Wix was able to solve my hosting and website design issues in a user friendly website builder that solved some of my biggest hurdles on the internet. It allowed me to focus on other things that I was not able to tend to and freed up a lot of my time.

Pros

I am not really a web designer. I have spent thousands of dollars attempting to build "the perfect website."
However, I was never really happy with any of my websites and continued to search on the internet for other options. After seeing numerous commercials on TV and also raving reviews from my friends, who are also not web designers, I decided to give Wix a chance. It really changed the game for me. I was able to build my website in one day and fine tune it over time. I also love the fact that it includes free hosting. That was really something that popped out at me.

Cons

I would like to see more 3rd party integrations. I also would like to see more tutorials on how to use the deeper functions and connect all the dots. I feel like the pricing is kind of steep but I understand that it is costly to build a website. However, since the hosting was included, I felt like it was a worth while investment to do the yearly plan.

BigCommerce and Shopify

Reasons for Choosing Wix

It was waaaay too complicated and I needed something super simple and easy to work with. I was tired of having to learn complicated features and it was too technical.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

BigCommerce REALLLLLLY sucks. There was no easy way to navigate it and the 3rd party integrations totally sucked. Shopify took too much commission on sales and that deterred me away from using it.
shakeel
shakeel

Reviewed on 20/07/2022

Wix: world easiest drag-drop website builder

My overall experience with Wix has been positive. My expertise in website building is limited, but Wix made it easy for me. There are a lot of features I love about Wix, including e-commerce, multiple payment gateways integrations, and automation emails.

Pros

Wix is best tool for quick starting web designing without coding. If you are an entrepreneur or a small business owner, you can build a website on a budget. Wix also offers paid and free plans with a lot of feathers, built-in templates, and SEO tools. There are all the features you need to build a simple, customizable, and pleasing website at first glance with this tool.
Probably, the biggest reason people prefer Wix is the speed at which they can build a website and the ease at which they can update it.

Cons

Compared to other platforms, Wix websites can sometimes appear less professional. Your website's user experience will be diminished when you build it with a DIY site builder, which can lead to lost customers and revenue. It is not good to use the free version of this platform because it contains a watermark.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

I was looking for something simple and fast at the time, and Wix provided exactly that. It was less expensive and more customizable.
Michelle

Reviewed on 29/11/2023

Wix Enterprise is Best Bang for Buck

I've been using Wix for the past 10 years. I've used it to create sites for clients as well as in my full time job. I love the flexibility it gives the client to make changes after my project is complete.

Pros

I love the ease of creating a new site. All the options are fabulous and I learn new features almost daily.

Cons

I don't have any complaints. The product is absolutely wonderful to work with. I am a graphic designer so the wysiwyg is perfect....and I don't need to know html coding.

WordPress and GoDaddy Website Builder

Reasons for Choosing Wix

The platform is too finicky. I had to figure out an easy solution for all my clients.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

First off, Wordpress sucks. GoDaddy doesn't have the easy features found with WIX.
Erik
  • Industry: Music

Reviewed on 03/08/2019

Great for artists and start-ups

I keep coming back to Wix over Squarespace is because the pros outweigh the cons. It’s a lot of work to get things looking and functioning exactly as you want it to, but once it does then I can genuinely say it pays off in the end.

Pros

After years of coding my own sites, I took the plunge into Wix. At first it was to create a quick site for a musical we were producing and we got a deal for starting up. I must admit I was expecting a lot of limitations in design and not enough features to make it worth a full web campaign. I was surprised to find out how well Wix worked on many levels. Design: I have always felt boxed in with templates like Wordpress, but Wix allowed a lot of freedom in creating the look and feel I wanted. SEO: Wix had quickly established itself as a solid and reliable web creation platform that our search rankings were immediately higher than I’ve ever had.

Cons

My biggest dislike is with the mobile layout function and layout. I do like control of what you can see on mobile verses desktop, but I wish there could be more options. Also, because it’s not a dynamic template, you need to create two different layouts (desktop and mobile) which doubles the work time. Some may prefer this, but where it hits me is when you make a change in the desktop, any edits you thought you locked in on the mobile side are lost and you have to spend time making fixes. I wish there was a dynamic option that allowed for just one layout, but I guess that’s why there’s Squarespace.

Summer
  • Industry: Import & Export
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 02/10/2019

Its great for people who are not software developers but want to do it themselves

Overall I would recommend WIX and I have used it for 2 different businesses. One was a pet boarding facility and one a ladies salon. That shows how versatile the site is! I have only had a positive experience with it. I suspect if you needed a website that had sales and inventory you probably couldn't use this one (as far as I know, but again, I didn't actually pursue that).
The other thing was that it is very easy to modify and those modifications take effect very quickly.

Pros

The best thing is that it is EASY TO USE. I have no software experience but I was able to create 2 very professional looking websites (the first one, years ago; kittyritzq8.com and the second more recently eclipsesalonkwt.com) Both I was able to do entirely on my own. This is because the software is easy to use, is versatile and you can create multiple pages on the website easily.
Both websites I migrated from a different platform that had been done for me. The kittyritz one was difficult to migrate and I had to call the help desk. They were amazing and walked me through it... mind you this was years ago.
The templates were good ( I think there could have been more to choose from) but to be honest, both websites, I was able to do for purpose and both look good. The former I took down as I no longer have that business and the latter is still up and running, the new salon owner kept it (though she has changed it a tiny bit).
I was even able to add a blog page to the site.
If someone messaged from the site it got through.
In any case, the most attractive thing about wix and the reason I always recommend it is that it is easy to set up your own website. AND it is not expensive.
To be honest, if I set up a website for my current biz, I would use wix. It makes me totally self reliant. And on a tight budget that is what you need.

Cons

If I was going to fault something I would say more variability in templates.
There were a few things I could not do with it. But honestly I cant recall what it was. Probably more fancy things. I think I was not able to upload video (though I cant be sure if that was the software or me)

Chloe
Chloe
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 06/02/2020

Nice Basic Way to Start Out Making Websites, but Only Covers the Basics

Wix is great for first-time website designers and people who don't want to spend much time putting up their website. The cons are that it does look less nice than websites made on other platforms, there are fewer features you can customize to your website, and their customer service is subpar.

Pros

Wix is a very easy tool to use to develop your website, especially if you don't want to pay for a domain name then you can create a free website under their company it will just start with www.wix.com/(your website title). It is great for beginners just wanting to get their feet wet in website designing, which is exactly how I started using it.

Cons

Other Softwares like Wordpress are much more user-friendly, many more themes and free add-ons to make your website much more customizable. The biggest con for me is their customer service. Instead of BlueHost, Wordpress, and many other website developing platforms that provide you a number to directly contact their customer service whenever you want, for Wix you have to fill out an online form and go through all the hurdles of them showing you "is this what you were looking for" to the basic questions before you get to schedule a time when Wix can call you. This might be fine if most the issues users had were very basic (like I said this software is for beginner website designers) but anything more complex than "how do I make a new page" quickly turns into a whole ordeal of jumping through the hoops and waiting for them to call you back. Additionally, if you try to move your website to another website platform (like WordPress) they give you even more problems. Personally, when I tried to move my website out of Wix because I wanted more features, I scheduled a time for Wix to call me to assist and they never even called. I ended up having to have the company I was switching the website into to help me!

Nephi
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 19/12/2021

The pro's and con's of using Wix as your website builder.

Decision: Is Wix A Good Buy?

I think when you've arrived at this point, it will maybe be certain that I feel Wix that as a web designer, Wix is very great. It ticks off a ton of the right actually look at encloses its essential capacity (the versatile site manager is an incredible touch) and it is feasible to use to foster locales rapidly.

What's more, there is extraordinary worth add too, with the additional elements and showcasing apparatuses. This is the sort of thing that would empower new site proprietors to broaden the range of their site further without managing an excess of specialized information or extra assets.

Pros

Usability: Is it easy to use Wix?

The Pro's

Amazing drag and drop supervisor which is versatile to your degree of tech aptitude and web improvement information. The work process is exceptionally smooth and no coding abilities are required.

Wix has a broad rundown of components permitting you to make changes, add or eliminate text boxes, lightboxes, buttons, recordings, and the sky is the limit from there – inside a couple of snaps. Very natural interface.

Extra facilitating and space library administrations are given inside the Wix stage, making it an across-the-board answer for site creation.

North of 180 million clients, from 80 nations, use Wix to develop their business for its exceptional effortlessness and usefulness.

Cons

The Con's to using Wix.

Premium Plans Are Single-Site Only

Assuming you felt that paying an exceptional arrangement month-to-month expense would permit you unlimited admittance to Wix for every one of your destinations, reconsider. The superior highlights aren't adaptable, which means you purchase it for one site and it stays there!

Envision what a bummer that would be, assuming all you needed was to connect Google Analytics? Something more to bite on.

Plan & Pricing

With five paid arrangement forms besides the free arrangement, it appears as though Wix has something for everybody. However, assuming that you're a major business and need something huge I propose you look carefully into the fine print before becoming tied up with the top-level arrangement.

What I can't comprehend is that for every one of the apparatuses and elements Wix incorporates for nothing, it attempts to value itself similar as a web host does – by extra room, transfer speed, etc.

• Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 26/12/2022

easy-to-use, intuitive drag-and-drop editor, but expensive

Overall, using WIX has been positive. Designing our website was easy and straightforward. However, the price is high, and we decided to look for alternatives.

Pros

While Wix's drag-and-drop editor is easy to use, editing can be slow at times due to the web browser’s inability to process data quickly. You can also create your own themes from scratch or choose from their existing ones if you prefer not to do so yourself. There are templates for specific industries like there are for Squarespace or Weebly, but this may be less necessary since you can design your own site as needed using Wix’s tools instead of relying on premade layouts designed by others who specialize in those fields.The site builder is easy to use and can help you create a professional-looking website in no time. Wix’s blog editor is easy to navigate, and there are many templates available for different types of blogs.

Cons

-Wix is expensive, especially if you end up needing more than one site.-The Wix App Market is not as robust as the WordPress Marketplace, but plenty of apps are still available.Additional email accounts are expensive, and you can only have one free domain. Wix’s website builder is the most popular but has drawbacks. The free version of Wix allows you to create a basic website with a handful of templates, but if you want to add more than one page to your site or use any of their premium features,

Weebly and Webnode

Reasons for Choosing Wix

WIX is more user-friendly and faster too.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

For its popularity and ease of use.

Reviewed on 05/06/2018

Wix is a fantastic and clean website creator

I've used a number of website development software, and this is easily my favorite. I've looked into website creation as a side gig, and if that took off, Wix would likely be my go to for creating clean, modern, and effective websites.

Pros

Wix makes designing websites super easy for anybody of any skill level. If you're new to designing websites with software, you and use the AI to create a website for you, and then you just have to go in and edit specific information. If you want to have a little more control, you can disable the AI and go to a regular editor where you have a lot more control over minute details. Wix also has a vast selection of apps to integrate into your website, many of them free and others will usually have free versions or trials. Some of the apps are created by Wix, but most are third party, though they also have a review system so you can see what other users think of the apps. Also, when I say there's a large variety, I mean there are a number of apps for pretty much anything you can think of. Need to schedule appointments? Got it. Want to keep track of analytics? Probably dozens of apps to choose from. Need to create a menu? Easy. Social media integration, newsletters, just about anything.

They also have a number of different plans, depending on your needs. They range from very inexpensive to very affordable for a small business, depending on if you're ok with Wix displaying their logo on the site, how much bandwidth you need, if you want to have an online store (surprisingly affordable with Wix, by the way), if you want Google Ad Credits, etc.

Cons

Being so customizable, some things that feel like they should be intuitive, aren't. Disabling the AI that created the website (if you chose that path) is a little difficult, but it's necessary if you want control over customization. Setting up a store is a little tedious, as you have to enter a lot of information for each individual item; I'd love to see them find a way to ease this process. I'd also love to see the shipping options expanded a little, like options for delivering products if the client/customer is in the same town or within X miles of your location.

Christine
Christine

Reviewed on 03/03/2021

My go-to website development tool for clients

I’ve used Wix for over 11 years and have had 100% client satisfaction. The templates have given me light speed in turnaround time for completing an entire website and warp speed when executing any requests for changes and updates from clients. It all boils down to providing excellent customer service to my clients and this web development tool makes it that much easier for me.

Pros

More often do my clients want a website that they can easily modify and manage on their own after it’s been developed and published. When I know this to be on their wishlist for their site, I go to Wix. Not only can I quickly design a site for them without the obligation of purchasing the web hosting, they can walkthrough the product and use it before committing to it. Their platform is easy to use with plenty of opportunities to modify templates and the apps to enhance the features and functions of the site are low-cost and also easy to use.

Cons

There are certainly some design limitations with the interface. The changes I make on desktop version doesn’t automatically take effect on the mobile version (requiring more time and effort when designing). While I do love the unstructured editor which allows me more freedom in my design, I’ve found myself just learning shortcuts and workarounds with the bugs I encounter. But for clients who aren’t as familiar with the interface, it can be a struggle.

Squarespace