About Fishbowl

Fishbowl is a hybrid manufacturing and warehouse management solution designed for small and midsize companies. Key features include inventory control, material requirements planning (MRP), job shop floor control, work order...

Browse Fishbowl Reviews

Louis C. Louis C.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 18/07/2020

Fishbowl Manufacturing Software has proven an invaluable inventory management tool for our...

Fishbowl Management software has offered our team a complete supply chain management and physical sales tracking system in one convenient system . In this time especially , we understand that organization and efficiency are paramount to surviving let alone prospering and we are thankful to Fishbowl for helping.

Pros

Our team found both these ease of use and relative ease of integration to be among the most attractive components of Fishbowl. The variety of modules allow close monitoring of essentially every aspect of
physical asset tracking . With Fishbowl we can organize warehouse parts inventory , print labels,and
organize purchase orders which organizes our supply side. Fishbowl's sales side module allows for effective tracking of lead times as well as sales item forecasting so we are never behind on available inventory .

Cons

Fishbowl Manufacturing software at this time time requires the use of a server which we had to supply .
In exchange for all other features , we see this as a nominal and not inconvenient requirement as at the time we were adding new computer assets. This requirement may not suit all smaller companies.

kintone and Finale Inventory

Reasons for Switching to Fishbowl

We selected Fishbowl Inventory Management software over alternatives for its comprehensive module options which allow for a complete organization of our office and warehouse now optimized with a primary consideration to sales output and production. We could not ask for more in this area of business operations.

Response from Fishbowl

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review, Louis. We appreciate your business and are happy to know that your experience has been satisfactory.

Replied 07/10/2021
Gary M. Gary M.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Reviewed on 13/12/2017

Overall my experience with Fishbowl has been positive, it has evolved a lot since we started...

Pros

From an administrator standpoint it is very easy to implement and maintain. From a end user standpoint it is very easy to train new Fishbowl users, all modules are designed with the end users ease of use in mind. Technical Support personnel are very knowledgeable and usually isolate and fix and issues quickly.

Cons

I wish the reporting side of Fishbowl was more robust, Home Care Industries is a manufacturer they rely heavily on making sure raw materials are on hand or on order to meet customer orders. Having a true MPS or MRP as part of Fishbowl with be a great enhancement.

Christy C. Christy C.

Reviewed on 18/07/2016

Using Fishbowl for a year

I've been using Fishbowl for the past year. I bought it for a few reasons. One of the biggest reasons for me was because it can allow me to save credit card information for clients who continually order through our company. Another reason I liked it, is because I could place orders from anywhere using one of the plug ins. But the biggest reason I purchased it is because of it's accuracy in inventory, and because of the depth of the software features, I know that when I expand and have more than one location, a warehouse full of vases, ribbon, and potentially open a wholesale location for a facet of the industry in addition to the flowers, I'm not going to outgrow the software. I'm not even using all the features right now, but I can't wait until my small flower shop is big enough to have 3-4 locations, and use the reorder points! I know that sounds silly, but the software has been so nice because I can scale it for what I need now, and grow into it. And it's PAID for. That always feels nice :)

Pros

Encrypted credit card capture to charge recurring clients
Stores pictures of the products that we sell
Easy to add parts and products
Lots and lots and lots of reports--- I don't think I've even opened half of them yet!
I like how many features it has even though I don't use them all... it makes me think "When I get that far, then I can use this software to {fill in the blank} it's nice to know I literally have no limitations

Cons

I haven't found anything yet!

Top Fishbowl Alternatives

Ron D. Ron D.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 09/10/2018

Fishbowl Inventory. Thank you Support

When I purchased Fishbowl there were many issues and I was very frustrated. After several attempts I met one of the CSR and can I say what a breath of fresh air he was and is. It is nice to meet someone who has your concerns on his mind when he approaches you and the way he handles matters is the way any company owner appreciates. He has been above the call of duty every time he handles my concerns.

I must say my hand goes out to him and would shake his hand any time he is the room and give a smile and acknowledge him with the same respect he gives to me as a business owner running a company smoother thanks to his help and encouragement.

As a business owner we are challenged every day and with the daily grind you feel at times lost and alone. After meeting him and having a person in your corner with you striving to ensure you have little challenges is beyond a relief it is a dream instead of a nightmare.

Thanks for being part of LEW and making me feel like I have support instead of pressure!

Pros

Inventory Tracking is the biggest thing. Easy of use with Sales Order and Purchase Orders. It sends my accounting info to Quickbooks automatically at the end of the day.

Cons

Set up was a little time consuming. It took some effort to get everything in properly and just adapting to the new software functionality.

Terry O. Terry O.
  • Industry: Chemicals

Reviewed on 13/12/2016

Flexible, but not perfect...

Downloaded the demo (most current version) and found most feature impressive and easily configurable. Minor little things bothered me, such as a non-standard DB, no easily accessible hooks, and limited printer support (we use BarTender Labels, and wanted to tap into printing them within FB, but had no luck). For me, this is a not a show stopper, but I've been spoiled with other ERPS, LIMS, PIMS, and MRPs.
Overall - it works with QuickBooks - which is great if you have to use Quickbooks, and it covers about 90% of your business rules out of the box. Again, flexible, but not perfect.

Pros

The interface is slick and looks fun to use. The dashboards will keep even your most attention-deficit workers accountable with the easy to understand graphical display. For the price, it will get your small to medium sized business working with proper ISO practices without too many issues. I love that it's all encompassing and covers all the areas needed to properly control your finances within the manufacturing sector. Not too big, not too small. Comfortable.

Cons

Understand that I've been doing informatics systems for a few years, so I'm used to having 'options', or at least access to an SDK so that I find some ways to trigger events. I'm also a Microsoft fan, so foreign databases and java scripts leave me a little intimidated. I'm also a cheap SOB, so if I can't do it, I'll be damned to pay a consultant to make my reports for me. That being said, if you like the generic reports and labels, this is a no-brainer, but if you're picky, it's slightly annoying.

Morton D. Morton D.

Reviewed on 08/12/2017

Materials Manager

One thing that I am most grateful for is that we chose a software package that is actively being improved... constantly... that is a real plus.

Pros

The company is continuously improving the product. They listen to their customer's suggestions... and also keep abreast of changing ways in which businesses function in our changing world. When they detect 'bugs'... they fix them!

Cons

As with most all software packages... the reports are not the most robust... However, there are 3rd party programmers who partner with Fishbowl. I run our entire business relying on reports that I have designed and then paid the 3rd party programmers to produce... the cost is very reasonable. This isn't really a 'con'... as almost all software has generic reports due to the fact that there is such a diverse user group.

Al A. Al A.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 07/02/2017

Fantastic Software with Unlimited Tools and A Very Knowledgeable and Helpful Customer Support...

Overall the Software is extremely user friendly and can work with a multitude of different size and types of companies. Fishbowl offers the ability to break free with the sophistication and automation it brings. The best part is the customer support. The support staff is knowledgeable and helpful beyond request. I can honestly say one of my best experiences with a support team in the history of my business has been with the Fishbowl team. They have helped us with integration in places that we had no knowledge about, this is truly the value add. I recently had a great experience with a team member of fishbowl, Jason, who literally helped me all the way through an issue I was having internally.... and then he even followed up with me a few days after just to check in and make sure all was still well! My honest opinion, Fishbowl is the best you can buy.

Pros

User friendly
Multi-functional for many different types of sales and locations
Advanced ability to automate procedure
Works with current business model and also allows for advancement in years to come

Vinko B. Vinko B.
2.5

Reviewed on 25/09/2016

Could be a good fit/value for some with a few significant caveats

Pros

We run FB 2016.11 with QuickBooks Premier 2015. FB handles quoting, sales orders, your basic pick/pack/ship, purchase orders and inventory. It has BOM capability but we find this limited. The price was right for us, esp. compared to our previous Sage software. Prepare to spend 3 to 4x the cost of the software in customization, support and initial set-up. Find other companies doing what you do (or more importantly the way you do it) and see FB in action. The software continues to have limitations and I have continued reservations about that. Some previous reviews bring this up: one's requests aren't really acknowledged or their sort of pooh-poohed. That doesn't make for a good feeling. Despite all the frustrations, limitations, and problems, Fishbowl has helped us. We'd purchase it again. We're at a point where we are again growing, and I think FB can grow with us.

Cons

I read through all the reviews (at this time 126 of them) and agree with the many that indicate that support is very difficult to get a hold of. I also echo the complaints about the need for A LOT of custom reports for simple things. And the fact that the software has bugs and that you WILL be resetting your server to complete end-of-day export to Quickbooks. Maybe more often if you export more frequently. But it is getting BETTER with every release. Still, there is no "user accountability" (again, to echo another review) with SO, PO, etc. Nor is there accountability with inventory entry. You simply have very few opportunities to have documented the ways in which your users interact with Fishbowl. And this lack is serious and can have consequences for your business.

Further: be prepared for the result of the lack of customer support: Fishbowl relies on a network of consultants. You've got to get a good one to help you with bugs, problems, fixes, custom reports. And that can be expensive. There's some good consultants and bad consultants. The best consultants I've worked with admit Fishbowl's shortcomings but see the *potential*

I can understand the criticisms of FB's sales staff in previous reviews. But these have to be put into context. I guess it's like a lot of sales people who promise you things. But what I would add is the sales people at the beginning of the process are so attentive than when you arrive to the post-sale status, it's just a little jarring how non-attentive the customer support staff are. So that might be the source of that criticism. From what I understand, you've got a lot of sales people, very few support people, and a lot of earnest, hardworking (and overworked) developers and programmers. I think they want to do good work and make a good product. I could speculate why the difficulties are present here but I don't have a full enough understanding to say anything more useful beyond my initial impressions and conversations with Fishbowl people.

Finally: speaking of *potential*, I really do think Fishbowl has been good us and has the potential to be even better. But the number one problem may be the corporate culture. And I think I'm being fair in my assessment here. For the culture is a circle-the-wagons mentality. And it lacks transparency. Sure, there are customers who express their frustrations, but one must put those frustrations and the way the users express them into *context*. I think to its own detriment, Fishbowl does not do this.

I'm not sure if I were purchasing today (and without having had the experience with Fishbowl that I now do and seeing what I now see it can do for us) that I would purchase it. One small example: Fishbowl used to have a user support forum where users could interact and sometimes FB employees would participate. That forum allowed us to see ways in which people were using Fishbowl. Apparently, some people were badmouthing the company (sometimes rightly), so FB canned the forum. (I think you can still see a google cache of it). I can think of dozens of user support forums from big (Apple) to small (smaller software) where users proffer all sorts of opinions. This doesn't stop them from allowing the community a voice. Or from users helping one another and building a supporting (and supportive) community that can benefit users. But again, the corporate culture is such that transparency appears to have little value. Perhaps FB wants to "control their narrative" from a centralized place. Many of its users would, I'm sure, defend Fishbowl from silly or inane comments and yet let the substantive comments stand as beneficial. For example: case studies. It's important for the potential buyer to get a full view of what and how FB is serving a particular customer with particular needs. That can influence a purchasing decision. You're not going to get serious help with understanding whether FB is right for you with these with facile, superficial "case studies" not generated by real users themselves but rather downloaded from the company website. These types of things often lack substance. They are more marketing material and than informed aids for purchasing decisions. We were approached to participate in such a study and we said no. In that context, we didn't think it wasn't the right thing to do and it didn't feel like a good fit with our values.

Randy M. Randy M.
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Reviewed on 25/05/2017

Fishbowl Rocks

Pros

The software is very powerful, yet easy to use. There are many simple things that make it easy to use. For instance, after you are done inputting information, you just hit enter to search. With other software, you often have to take you hand of the keyboard and move your mouse to click on something to search. Blows Quickbooks multi-inventory away.

Cons

The main screens of the customer and vendor modules have the contact information greyed out because you can't edit them from that screen. The greyed out areas are difficult to read.

Craig C. Craig C.
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Reviewed on 15/11/2017

Very Helpful Manufacturing and Inventory Control Software!

This software has continually gotten better!

Pros

There is unlimited Vendor Part Numbers per part numbers. There is unlimited Bill Of Material Levels. Custom reporting is awesome once learned how to do do them. Service has been excellent!

Cons

Exporting to QuickBooks has had errors at times but the service team has been quick to resolve the issues. Custom reporting requires a lot of learning and more the more difficult a report is but what software does not have a learning curve.

Amanda V. Amanda V.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 06/02/2018

Great, we

Stream lining our pick pack and ship process, keeping track of inventory.

Pros

Easy to use, it is always growing with our company. This software is always evolving. This is our main database. Customer Service has always been great.

Cons

We would love if we could make our own reports and labels with out using ireport. Unless you have knowledge of crystal reports, its not easy. The ability to change how our invoices look and add more information our pick reports from the sales order.

Phil B. Phil B.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 21/09/2016

The most comprehensive 'off-the-shelf' software I've ever used!

Pros

Fishbowl is an extremely intuitive program that is easy to learn without any formal training.

The Wiki is great and I've been able to find the solution to 90% of my questions in there, but when the Wiki doesn't help the Fishbowl team have been fantastic! They react very quickly and do't give up until the problem is resolved.

The guys behind Fishbowl clearly have a lot of experience and a great understanding of what users of all types need from a WMS because the program contains everything that I have ever needed, and more...

Cons

The only thing I could criticize is the software designed to work on Mobile platforms called Lilypad. I purchased a licence but quickly found it didn't represent the quality of the rest of Fishbowl program so no longer use it.

Note: this is not to be confused with the software that works on handheld scanner devices, that is Fishbowl software and works very well

Steve V. Steve V.

Reviewed on 01/10/2018

Flexible ERP tool for companies committed to using QuickBooks

Pros

Fully capable ERP system. Accommodates a good deal of complexity in both manufacturing processes and pricing structures. Works really well for our business.

Cons

Have had a few issues with the plug-ins but nothing major. There's a good news / bad news aspect to the number of software updates, which are close to monthly. It gets new capabilities out quickly, but it can be a lot of updates to keep up with.

Vanyty E. Vanyty E.

Reviewed on 18/01/2018

pretty good system. helps keep track of incoming items, outgoing, returns, stagnant . I like it

It helps keep track of your items. Whether incoming, outgoing, returning. You know who sold what to whom and when and for how much. That is awesome

Pros

easy to use
helps keep track of all items by the IMEI and vendor/seller
easy to get reports from and add purchasing vs. selling price

Cons

freezes out of no where
requires great attention to details
customer service is not the best out there

Joseph B. Joseph B.
  • Industry: Warehousing

Reviewed on 07/11/2018

Great Economical Inventory management system

It is a great inventory management system for small-medium sized companies, especially ones that don't have a ton of SKU's and have fairly simple reporting requirements. We have outgrown it and need an ERP, but that is to be expected :)

Pros

It does most of what we've needed it to do.

Cons

It can be sluggish, slow, and is very difficult to get custom reporting without having a jasper reports coder on staff

Andrew H. Andrew H.
  • Industry: Shipbuilding

Reviewed on 09/01/2019

Fish Bowl Reports Support

I have noticed over the past several months that FB is making many change to be more available to users that are having issues.

Pros

Fishbowls Reports division is a huge asset to Fishbowl user. Recently I had an issue with a FB report and Rep. from the reports team provided me with multiple creative solutions to my problem. I am out of the office a lot but rep. persistently followed up with me until we had a solution.

Cons

That the software doesn’t come with free Netflix subscription for life including multiple users....

Josh S. Josh S.
  • Industry: Chemicals

Reviewed on 31/08/2018

Amazing product with Killer support

Pros

This is an amazing product, it can do almost everything from basic inventory to full on manufacturing and shipping. Their support is amazing, I recently worked with rep via chat support and phone support on a plugin problem over 4 days. Rep was patient and very helpful, Stuck with me until the problem was corrected.

Cons

The only con I can note is when the software itself updates the plugins need updates that will require some TLC from the user. However the support is amazing.

Jolene M. Jolene M.

Reviewed on 28/08/2017

Easy program to learn

Pros

Easy to learn and mostly user friendly. Fishbowl support is friendly and easy to work with. Any issues they address and correct immediately.

Cons

Several versions have glitches that require lots of communication between us and fishbowl support but they are always able to correct the problem. Our next update should fix those problems.

Robert A. Robert A.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 24/07/2018

Fishbowl changed how we run our business. Great product

Finally got a handle on our inventory

Pros

Ease of use and setup. Love the visual aids in identifying status of orders. Integration with Quickbooks is excellent and seamless

Cons

Nothing comes to mind. If I had to include something here I would say could use some minor improvement on import/export functions

David R. David R.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 23/01/2018

Works very well

Travis in support was very helpful on the phone.

Pros

Great interface and a very intuitive organization of features. Things seem to make a lot of sense to new people we train.

Cons

Can be picky about certain things and there's not a great deal of customization in certain areas, but there's ways around that.

Kristian M. Kristian M.

Reviewed on 16/12/2019

fishbowl review

Pros

straight forward interface. intuitive to use

Cons

hard to fix problems without having to talk to fishbowl. but they are usually very responsive when i have a problem

Response from Fishbowl

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, Kristian. We appreciate the feedback and are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your experience.

Replied 07/10/2021
Trisha R. Trisha R.
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Reviewed on 13/11/2017

Fishbowl covers it all!

Pros

Everything is in real time, the basics of fishbowl are very user friendly, lots of useful reports, great support team.

Cons

There is so much the software can do, but its hard to utilize everything it offers. I definitely suggest more training hours or on site options that cost a little less.

Kim K. Kim K.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Reviewed on 20/09/2018

Fishbowl Enterprise Review

Started out bad - now it is very good.

Pros

Fishbowl is easy to use and links to quickbooks.

Cons

Originally I gave Fishbowl a bad review as the customer service was lacking (lack of resources, long wait times, no call backs). However, in the last year - they have improved imensely.

• Industry: Public Safety

Reviewed on 26/04/2019

Unstable, unreliable and inefficient

Very poor overall experience.

We were sold on a promise that one year later, has yet to be delivered, and has caused a lot of damage to the company.

Would not recommend this software

Pros

Part and product searchability is excellent for companies with lots of sku's
POS functionality is OK, but not super.

Cons

Instability: Crashes several times a week - usually have to have a call with support at least once a week
Poor accounting integration - QB integration is not as seamless as advertised.

Very inefficient: Simple tasks take a long time. all the needed information on a part/product is stored in three separate tabs. For example: you cannot find, List price, cost price, and current inventory in one place.

Quirky errors all over the place - discounts disappearing, invoice dollar amounts changing after being posted to QB.

Issued orders randomly deleted from the system

required items don't show up in the Auto-PO reports

Reporting functionality is exceptionally rigid and often unhelpful

lack of drill-down information

huge wait times for technical support

Mistakes cannot be corrected after posted to FB

Page I. Page I.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 31/10/2017

Awesome support team!

Pros

Software is easy to learn to use. The customer support team is amazing! I call/e-mail the support team regularly and they are always super prompt at getting back to me. Very friendly and helpful. Chandler is awesome to work with! Thank you!

Cons

Can't edit orders after they've been "fulfilled", glitches pop up every now and then (but the support team is very helpful and always gets the problem fixed quickly!)