Smartsheet Reviews

About Smartsheet

Smartsheet is a work execution platform and collaboration tool with a familiar spreadsheet-like interface that helps teams plan, track, and manage projects in real-time. Smartsheet features include a range of project management...

Browse Smartsheet Reviews

3,252 of 3,252 reviews
Marianela
Marianela
  • Industry: Chemicals

Reviewed on 29/01/2023

Smartsheet platform, designed for dynamic and collaborative work in project monitoring.

Smartsheet is a modern and flexible tool for managing activities related to a project of any size and degree of complexity. Its implementation of automated workflows is based on a philosophy oriented towards simplicity, making repetitive processes free through code that generates value for the user, in addition to incorporating mechanisms for sending alerts, managing requests for approvals and updates, configuring recurring workflows such as service requests, daily deadline reminders, and much more.

Pros

One of the most important characteristics of Smartsheet is the ability to manage any type of project without having to adapt to the tool itself, but rather the opposite, Smartsheet adapts to the client's needs, with the multiplicity of templates that we can take advantage of to generate effective, collaborative planning and perform real-time monitoring, in addition to having a fairly complete dashboard to have the reports that are really needed.Its simplicity in the designed architecture and usability allows the learning curve to be very fast and end users have no problem being part of the team that contributes and generates value.

Cons

Smartsheet may be an underrated platform with some interesting third-party integration opportunities, but its usefulness in tracking projects of any kind has proven effective.It adapts to the needs of the organization and our clients, with a multitude of templates that we can use to generate real planning, and that connect with the management of resources, both human and material for comprehensive monitoring.

Stephanie
Stephanie

Reviewed on 20/11/2023

Efficient Project Management with Smartsheet

My overall experience with Smartsheet has been positive. It has significantly improved project visibility and collaboration within our team. The platform's flexibility adapts to various project types, from simple task tracking to complex project timelines.

Pros

Smartsheet is a versatile project management tool that combines the simplicity of a spreadsheet with powerful project management features. The ability to create dynamic and collaborative workspaces using familiar spreadsheet interfaces is a standout feature. The automated workflows and customizable templates streamline project planning and execution. Real-time collaboration and update notifications keep the team aligned and on track, fostering productivity.

Cons

The learning curve for more advanced features can be steep. Customization options, while powerful, may be overwhelming for new users. Improved onboarding resources could mitigate this challenge.

Linda

Reviewed on 03/06/2024

Powerful Collaboration Tool

Pros

Amazing SaaS product for work management and collaboration. It offers a user friendly interface and provides a smooth user experience to the end users. I like the most the versatility of Smartsheet and ability to use their various add-ons for different use cases. Their forms are simple yet powerful, their automated workflows are flawless, and their dashboards are very aesthetically appealing.

Cons

As any product has its pros and cons, Smartsheet also has different areas of opportunities. The biggest area of opportunity has been data limitations within the sheets; however, I know they are actively working on this enhancement and are supposed to be rolling it out shortly (I think the second half of 2024).

Top Smartsheet Alternatives

Jira Workflow Steps for Slack

Patrick

Reviewed on 15/12/2020

Solid software for quick and easy spreadsheets & Gantt charts

While I prefer Smartsheet for Gantt charts, or quick and simple spreadsheets due to its ease of use, I have been disappointed with all of the other marketed features, and would recommend Google Sheets in general, since it is similarly collaborative, has better options for in-depth formulas, customizing of sheets and automated emailing with query's and G-script, and is free.

Pros

Smartsheet is my preferred software for Gantt charts, and for quick & simple spreadsheets. The formatting features are especially effective, such as easy indenting and quick checkbox options that can be used with formulas. Gantt charts on Smartsheet are quick and intuitive with all the options I would like to have. Dashboards can be a nice way to have an overview with links to different sheets if you have a project with several documents, and are willing to spend the extra time and money to set it up.

Cons

The big Con with Smartsheet is that it lacks the in-depth features of similar spreadsheet software that is also usually freely available.
Conditional formatting the way you would like it to work can take a surprisingly long time, as it can take many conditions (often one per column per action) to accomplish what you would think would take a handful.
Automatic email sending from sheets sounds great but is still not very fleshed out, and options are pretty limited.
Complex formulas usually need to be done in several hidden columns or they can end up taking large paragraphs of hard-to-edit text and numbers due to lack of formula options. This can also make complicated spreadsheets pretty slow.
Bugs occur infrequently, but make me prefer to double check important sheets.

Jonathan

Reviewed on 04/03/2024

Smartsheet Essential Project Management Tool

Smartsheet is essential for our account/project management and PMO/SMO operations. This has become one of the cornerstone to our business operations and porcesses. Smartsheet seems to always be improving its features and there is a very good community of smartsheet developers on the forums.

Pros

I like that smartsheet allows for deep customisation for solutions. Using the various premium smartsheet tools, allows you to integrate your processes within smartsheet quite easily.

Cons

I dont like the fact that some of the formulas are very long winded compared to the same formula being very short and simple in excel.

Simpro

Reasons for Switching to Smartsheet

Smartsheet is much more customisable that simpro
Obhioze
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 01/05/2024

Smartsheet Filled Survey

Pros

It combines a wide range of features from team collaboration, file sharing to PPM.

Cons

I do not come across any challenge when using Smartsheet on my end.

LiquidPlanner , ClickUp , Wrike and Asana
Ross
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 06/05/2024

Smartsheet: Best Project Management tool

Pros

I like how Smartsheets is an excellent tool for fostering collaboration across our department and beyond. It facilitates tracking progress and serves as a platform for disseminating information to multiple departments within our organization.

Cons

Honestly there is nothing to highlight as a dislike.

Euler
  • Industry: Farming

Reviewed on 20/05/2024

My go for tool-Smartsheet

Pros

I like the layouts and its simplicity,the fact that it has an option to create forms and use it offline in mobile app is awesome plus maintaining large data is easy as sheets can be shared with multiple members of our team.

Cons

Smartsheet has no option to add notes to specific cells.

Joseph
  • Industry: Farming

Reviewed on 24/05/2024

Smartsheet: ROBUST TOOL FOR PPM

File sharing, project management and business meetings scheduling are the main benefits that I realize with Smartsheet.

Pros

Smartsheet makes it super easy to plan, track and manage projects automatically.

Cons

Ever since I started using Smartsheet back in 2014, I have never experienced any flaw.

Lisa

Reviewed on 12/06/2024

Great Collaboration Tool

Pros

I really enjoy the feature of being able to be working in the same document as other colleagues. Many of our team members work remote and having the ability to be in a document making updates or changes at the same time is a huge time saver! I can also see the status of projects and important deadlines.

Cons

I really like Smartsheet but when I was first introduced to it, I had a bit of a learning curve to get over. It wasn't very intuitive and took some time to learn but my team members helped me and now that I use it daily, I am very comfortable.

Ryan
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 08/10/2019

Smartsheet is a great Project Scheduling tool, and so much more

I love Smartsheet! It has become an indispensable tool in organizing and visualizing the work we do everyday!

Pros

Smartsheet is much easier to use for Project Managemen than the classic Microsoft Project software I was originally trained on. It allows people to manage work with the intelligence of a project scheduling tool, but with an easy to understand and use spreadsheet interface. Since Smartsheet is a cloud product, each Smartsheet is available from any computer by just logging into the website, or even from their mobile app. Another great Project Management benefits is that the Project Manager can share a Smartsheet with their whole team to collaborate together.

We also use the Smartsheet for Jira Connector which allows us to sync information back and forth between the two systems. Jira can be complicated to navigate, and the dashboarding can be really frustrating. This connector allows us to keep track of individual tickets associated with a project, and even lets us import massive data sets for analysis.

Finally, we have ended up using Smartsheet as a dashboarding tool. It's actually surprisingly good as a Business Intelligence visualization tool for keeping track of our projects, and for displaying Jira dashboarding.

Cons

Like any software there are small quirks I'd like to see changed, or hotkeys added, but overall I'm impressed with the constant cadence of feature updates and enhancements.

Adobe Workfront and Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Choosing Smartsheet

Smartsheet is easier to use, is cloud-hosted, and has online collaborative features to engage the project team and stakeholders.

Reasons for Switching to Smartsheet

Better collaborative and cloud-hosted options and a cheaper price point.
Andrea

Reviewed on 14/07/2020

Best thing since sliced bread

This software makes everything we do so streamlined and easy. We literally load all of our projects into smartsheet so that we can all manage them. I don't think that I could do my job as efficiently without it. There is s certain project we do once a year where we update pricing on all website items with all of our suppliers. Being able to keep this data in SS, then send our suppliers update requests to load in the data has been a life saver! Keeping track of work along with managing the project has become a breeze.

Pros

The thing I like the most is the transparency or the collaboration. To be able to easily see what others are doing and manage them together, set reminders and send update requests is what makes our company run well.

Cons

I think there have been a few times that we have maxed out on number of lines. I don't know why that there is a throttle there, but that's probably my only complaint is that some of our sheets get large and max out!

Aaron
Aaron
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 19/04/2021

Good For Value, Limits in Scale

Generally a good experience. Trouble only came when trying to do more advanced data analysis, and workflows.

Pros

Very good with basic project management features. Kanban is great, and you can view data multiple ways (kanban, gantt, table). The workspaces tool is cool, it's a good way to organize reports and data. Reports are great for showing users only the data they need, and keeps them out of source data tables. There is also good cross sheet functions like you would see in excel.

Smartsheet is also one of the most widely available tools to be integrated with. Tools like Zapier make it easy to integrate with, and you can also upgrade to a live data connector to visualize your data in a tool like tableau.

Cons

Features can be way behind. They just introduced features like pivot, and group to analyze data. Their internal workflow tools are behind what's commonly available in the marketplace. And if you want to use a separate workflow tool like Zapier, you will pay to use it. Their row limit just went up from 5,000 to 20,000 in a sheet in 2020, which was always a limit of how much we could scale the tool.

Quickbase and Microsoft Excel

Zoho Projects

Reasons for Switching to Smartsheet

Smartsheet is cost effective, and has better control rules and UI than spreadsheets.
Swati

Reviewed on 20/07/2022

Smartsheet Your Next Level Spreadsheet!

I will consider myself as one of the satisfied user of Smartsheet.I have used this software for small as well as huge projects and it came handy in both. But I would recommended that you can have another software if you are going for small projects and the budget is not so high because this platform is quite expensive and complicated in comparison to other Spreadsheet software available in the market.But if you are dealing with a bulky projects and team members are more than three then definitely use this software as your work will becomes very easy ,it will also help you to save a good amount of time and effort.

Pros

Smart sheet is so far one of the best spreadsheet software that I have came across for project management. The best thing about Smartsheet is it's data View structure and ease of use. It's easy to create tasks in your project ;you can definitely edit, delete or update your main Tasks and subtasks without any inconvenience and to track the whole status of the project you can just have a view of the dashboard . You can also combine any number of spreadsheet so, that when you share your work with your team decisions making for that project becomes easy. Adding Automations to any sheet in Smartsheet is very easy and definitely time saving, there are some common suggestions in the automation menu but you can definitely create your own workflow with ease.

Cons

With Smartsheet my overall experience was really good I was able to deliver my projects on time and maintained to have a good growth but everything is not so great about it and the first thing is the cost that I had to bear for using some of the important tools present within Smartsheet Like if you are working on multiple projects it's expensive.As well as there are numerous tools which are quite complicated to learn so, for a beginner it's quite time taking.

Gulshan
Gulshan

Reviewed on 01/04/2023

A Complete Package for all your Project Management needs

Effective workflow management and project handling is a big plus and since we switched to this tool I have saved hundred of hours due to its ease to use and automations. I would highly recommend this to handle your projects and work flow.

Pros

The overall user experience is very simple yet covers all the project management aspects along with adaptive to fit the very specific requirements of different tasks and teams. Highly customizable and powerful tool to improve efficiency and simplifies the project work flow. Workflow Automation is time saving which is the most required in my daily work routine allows me to focus more on other things and I can rely on the tool.

Cons

I would not list any cons. Its just there are still some features which needs to be improved more to make it a complete package such as text formatting and the real time update feature can also be improved/tweaked to make sure the other users/team gets up to date information. There were some projects where sheets size limits was an issue but that could be managed

Trello and ClickUp

Reasons for Switching to Smartsheet

Better features and reliable with good customer support.
Julie
Julie

Reviewed on 15/08/2023

Smartsheet is a highly effective tool for project management

Smartsheet's greatest strength lies in the fact that it provides a unified hub for all of our data, communications, and project management needs. It has simplified the procedure and eliminated any ambiguity.

Pros

Smartsheet can be used to facilitate efficient project management. Using automation, we were able to pinpoint resource-intensive workflows and make adjustments there. Smartsheet's user-friendliness and lack of steep learning curve make it a natural choice for us to transition from our previous solutions. The technologies' applicability extends far beyond the realm of project management.

Cons

There is nothing about Smartsheet that I find wanting. By utilizing this system, we have been able to save numerous hours of work time for our staff. For a company of our size, purchasing licenses for everyone who needs them is a major financial burden.

• Industry: Philanthropy

Reviewed on 01/02/2019

Smartsheet - Functionality and Communities make this an indispensable application

Overall, my experience with Smartsheet has been wonderful. The extremely active Community has made all the difference in the world, answering questions within an hour or two. The staff are also active in the Community and you can see their passion for the application and truly helping their customers. Smartsheet is highly worth the investment.

Pros

Smartsheet has so much going for it. It truly fits the new technological world that we live in by providing more than just the basics. Being a cloud-based application (SaaS), and compatible with mobile devices, makes it more functional across the board. It mostly touts itself as a project management tool, which is very true. Most project managers utilize certain applications that require the project to be saved down to a file, which is not easily shareable. Smartsheet can handle the same project management tools and live in cyberspace that can be utilized by numerous people, which different levels of access (viewing, editing, administering) and different views (tasks, gantt, kanban, etc.), and allow people to make comments, add attachments, and more. The most use I have made of Smartsheet within my organization is using it like a spreadsheet. I'm able to have numerous sheets for different departments where they have access to only their own sheets and update only what they need to update. Then I can create a new sheet that combines information from all of the sheets that will auto-update from the original sheets. I can also create reports and dashboards (with charts, metrics, etc.) based on information from all the different sheets. It's quite functional and utilizes much of the same fundamental logic that Excel provides. The Smartsheet website has an extremely detailed (and searchable) Help section and very active Community. Even includes videos to help guide!

Cons

Smartsheet does have some limitations. Most specifically, it isn't Excel and it isn't Project, so users shouldn't expect it to do everything those applications can do. However, there are times when it seems obvious that a particular functionality should be included that isn't. With that said, Smartsheet does a great job of listening to the Community and is constantly improving the application with enhancements to help the Community with its most voted on requests. Another thing that is frustrating is when an error pops up. More often than not, the error is written in a way that doesn't tell the user how to fix the error. Again, when this happens, I just reach out to the Community and get the answers I need.

Darrin
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 08/10/2019

Quick points

Pros

·Being able to share a spreadsheet with other users in real-time.
· Like that users can complete a form to populate a spreadsheet to include uploading documents and that update requests could be sent to that user if a correction needs to be made or additional info is needed. The user then make the change(s) to the cell requested.

Cons

·Recently a change was made whereas a non-licensed user can no longer send update requests. We use Smartsheet to have student teachers complete some info pursuant to state law. When the student makes an error, we used to send an update request to have them correct a cell. Now only a licensed user can send those notifications, so we most likely will utilize regular emails for these changes or not use Smartsheet for this work.
·As of Monday (9.30.19), how the system used "comments" changed from a pop-up box that let you enter into a field, save that info and now click anywhere and that pop-up box disappeared. Now it opens "Conversations" which now blocks the right side of the spreadsheet and you must now click on the X to close it out. It also holds all of the comments made to the entire sheet which is more info that I need. Typically if a comment is added to a row, I just click on the comment bubble to that row instead of viewing all of the comments to the sheet.
·When an update request is sent and the person makes the correction, this information is not clearly discernible when viewing the sheet. Turning on notifications turns on too many notifications so this was not an option. The workaround is, I add a "note sent"column that I check when an update request is sent. I then review the sheet and look for rows that have "note sent" checked and now no longer have the pending update icon to look for corrections.
·Need better form controls (field limits, date fields, etc.).

Carissa
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 10/12/2019

Very robust collaboration tool

We have used Smartsheet for quite a few years to help manage projects, day-to-day items, operational calendars, and other items at our higher ed institution. This tool has been a tremendous help with making it easier to collaborate with other companies, as well as increase the efficiency with certain tasks among our department and other departments at our institution. Smartsheet is a very easy tool to learn and use and provides a great amount of functionality in one place to collaborate across groups. I would highly recommend this product to companies, large or small, if they have multiple projects that they need to manage frequently. The ROI for this product is good if you use it all of the time. If you don't, it can end up being an expensive tool for collaboration while there are many alternative competitors out there that may be a better option financially.

Pros

Smartsheet provides a very robust collaboration tool among teams and teams from other companies. The ability to show timelines, comments, attachments, and dates - all in one place - make it very easy to stay on track with projects. This tool also provides a very nice mobile and app platform to work off of while out on the go. We utilize the professional (paid) version to encompass all of the features that we need and are no longer offered in the free version, such as the ability to email directly from the sheet, send for updates, and utilize the reminder functions. Emailing directly from the sheet is a great feature since it allows you to send the comments, attachments, and info from the line all in one easy-to-read email. You can also cc yourself on the email so that you know that it was sent.

Cons

One of the things about Smartsheet that could be updated is the ability to copy info from one sheet and create a new sheet. For example, my team utilizes this tool for registration for certain programs at our university. The ability to copy the entire sheet (with all of the info and attachments) onto a new sheet and update the dates, or minimal information, would be a great function to have. The other option would be to allow more functionality in the free version (which was previously there). The update to only allowing email sends from a single line in the professional (paid) version now is a bit challenging when we only budgeted for a certain amount of licenses for the academic year (and we all know how stingy higher ed budgets are right now)

Michaela
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 07/07/2021

The Software That Helps Me Create

Pros

I use Smartsheet for a wide variety of projects that are so different in nature it's stunning it can all be done on one platform. I have one sheet for a list of plants I want to buy for my garden, complete with growing conditions and pictures. It does miracles as I stand in a gardening store wondering about the right varieties. I have another for managing my freelance work, budgets, timelines, tasks. Another sheet is a massive collection of ideas for my video channel and blog posts. Then there is the sheet with information about art prints and products I sell - sizes, prices, thumnails. I also organized my husband's secret Birthday party using a contact-based Smartsheet shared with accomplices. We went to our favorite town for "a trip" just to keep meeting over twenty friends from 4 countries who secretly arrived as well. Oh, and did I say that I'm writing a book using a Smartsheet? An unlikely use, given that it's not a text editor, but my chapter segments are short and the key is in organizing them into the right sequence, so, they ended up as cells in a spreadsheet too. The way Smartsheet allows me to attach files, images, notes and comments but still keep it all on the same line is fantastic. It helps me think. The was a mind map opens our brain to possibilities and ideas, Smartsheet nails them down. I use it every time I need to get a sense of structure and organization. It's become my go-to tool for making stuff happen.

Cons

I don't like the fact that I can't easily copy and paste cells from Excel. I don't like to import entire files. Sometimes I just need a section of a sheet to be added. Even if the paste wouldn't be perfect, it should be possible to paste from an Excel sheet or a simple text document where each line would appear in the next row.

Shannon

Reviewed on 23/09/2021

Smartsheet is like Excel & PowerPoint had a child

Pros

Smartsheet is a great option for middle of the road users that don't need the powerhouse complexity of excel, but need more standardization and features to organize tasks than simple task management like Trello. Its user friendly and has the capability to move data from one team to another through automations, reports, messaging, and data display. The more users, the data, or the moving parts the more difficult Smartsheet is to use, but in my experience most people don't run into those complexities.

Cons

Smartsheet is new compared to a lot of other project management software and they're developing new features all the time. In some ways this is wonderful because they take customer feedback seriously and implement changes relatively quickly. However, I feel that it doesn't quite know what its going to be yet and there are limitations around data display that require time consuming work arounds or out of the box thinking. For example. I can aggregate data into a report but I can't display portions of a report on a dashboard in a chart. There are pivot table add ons that are not as simple as say an excel pivot so I essentially have to make my own pivot using formulas to chart data. It works, but its round-about and features that might improve this process are extra.

Nour

Reviewed on 02/03/2022

the most effective tool for coordinating team efforts and keeping track of projects

Smartsheet For anyone who wants to apply project management practically and scientifically he must invest in this application, as the formation of a work team that adopts the approach of cooperation and information sharing to achieve the goals will have a significant impact on the establishment of that organization and achieving impressive results.

Pros

Smartsheet is an application with innovative ideas and advanced project management methodologies. The program assists organizations in completing projects by keeping all members of the organization informed of project updates, allowing them to accomplish assignments and activities on time. And it's all done in a straightforward technique that everyone can use. After everyone completes the updates, project management, and stakeholders will be able to extract status reports and determine if the work is progressing ahead or behind schedule. Many hours were saved by eliminating meetings and interviews to learn something new or update the work schedule, where everyone may share presentations and live chat with all members. With Smartsheet, everyone knows their assignments, deadlines, and most importantly, the reality of the project work. Smartsheet addressed the requirement to locate an integrated project archive that comprised all phases and to which it was returned, especially if a claim or time extension request was required, saving a lot of time and work.

Cons

There is nothing impractical in the Smartsheet, it is easy to use, it has a great interface, all the commands are well-defined.

Prajjwal

Reviewed on 10/05/2023

When it comes to efficient and effective project management, Smartsheet is your best friend!

Because of the platform's ability to help us efficiently organize and track our data, we can improve the efficacy of our decision-making processes, which is just one of the many benefits we reap when we learn to utilize each of Smartsheet's many tools properly. Our team members' workload has unquestionably increased.

Pros

When it comes to effective project management and data analysis, Smartsheete is the platform that has it all. We appreciate how this platform has freed up our time and effort to concentrate on other projects, ultimately boosting our company's efficiency from the inside out. Smartsheet's collaboration features are among the most flexible, allowing team members to easily share ideas, assign tasks, and set due dates in real-time. In contrast to other platforms we tried, where it took too long to solve inconveniences while waiting for a response from the support, it has excellent support because they attended to all the requests we made for inconveniences presented to us in the process of adapting to it.

Cons

We have no significant complaints; the issues we encountered at the outset were resolved in subsequent updates. If anything, I would point out that the Smartsheet platform has a steep learning curve, which is to be expected given the breadth of its project management features, which ultimately streamline and accelerate the company's internal operations.

Sherry
Sherry
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Reviewed on 23/06/2023

Smartsheet is So Easy and Effective, you Must Have it!

I started my current job with 0 Smartsheet experience, and my boss got me an Admin license (only her and I have this license type on our team). She then provided me with a 1-2 slide deck on each project she wanted me to work on. I struggled a little, and found the forum, and continued to go back. I still need help on every project, but each project I need different help. My latest project had one bad issue an "account number" had to be typed/pasted into every parent row (then 5 child rows). This was not user friendly. I had the idea to have a new sheet with the numbers and formulas to them (INDEX/MATCH). Back to the forum, how do I count "parent rows" on a sheet containing only formulas? Well with the assistance of a few helper columns and one text field that indicates Parent or Child, I made the miracle happen. And this sheet feels into a "single line" sheet, which feeds into the dashboard. Bringing projects like these to the next level makes me a better analyst! And when I am not up to my eyeballs in projects, I make time to actively read the Smartsheet Community posts.

Pros

Smartsheet is easy to learn. The company has webinars, "university" a Community (forum for questions and announcements). The formulas and "nuances" are very similar (and some the same) to Excel, making learning Smartsheet very easy. The Community (forum) is outstanding, I am a regular visitor. Sometimes, I just cannot get something to work, so I post my problem with my formulas and screenshot into the forum and answers come quickly, they are always happy to help, which is appreciated.

Cons

There are some features of Excel, that are not incorporated into Smartsheet. For example, VLOOKUP exists, however it can cause issues if columns are moved or inserted, or if you need to lookup to the left. To solve this issue in Excel, I would use XLOOPUP, but in Smartsheet, I must still use INDEX/MATCH. But this list is small, it is only because I am an Excel girl.

Nathan
Nathan

Reviewed on 19/07/2019

SmartSheet - A different approach to project management tools

Project management is a very important part of any Business operation and as such, its important to explore options. Smartsheet appeals to us because we have a strong background with Microsoft Excel and adopting it has been easy.

Our goal is finding a project management solution that works for our teams and ensuring that they actually use it. While everyone has their personal preference, SmartSheet was a better fit as a lot of our teams already use Excel extensively.

Pros

SmartSheet is a good project management tool that has an interface similar to Excel.
Pros:

1. Multiple Project Views - Project managers will appreciate the multiple viewing options such as Gannt and Kanban, standard spreadsheet and even a calendar view. Many options for different managers.

2. If Spreadsheets are your thing, SmartSheet is worth a try - If you and your team use spreadsheets a lot, you may appreciate that SmartSheet is based off the concept of spreadsheets, you can adopt and add different sheets for a variety of projects. So whether basic or advanced, a host of users can easily adapt to Smartsheet if they know how to use a spreadsheet, even to the point of adding formulas and formatting of cells. This is a huge selling point which makes SmartSheet a good option.

3. As Good as Project Management tools get - As a project management tool Smartsheet covers the basics. You get milestones, task management, comments, collaboration and project management and as mentioned before the view options.

4. You can add collaborators to a project for free - A good thing is that you can add multiple “users” to access Smartsheets without paying extra. If you do need to give them more privileges, there are options to set them up.

5. Support for Smartsheet is stellar - There is a thriving community of users and help guides and videos if you ever find yourself stuck and not sure what to do.

6. Smartsheet also integrates well with Microsoft Office 365.

Cons

There is not a lot to gripe about SmartSheets other than on occasion, the app can lag or suffer an error and finding what error it is and how to fix it can be a little frustrating.

There is a limitation with exporting reports. If you want to display data in a visual way, you may need to manually extract the data and then add it into another application. If the reports feature could be improved and maybe export in a usable format it would be a solid winner.