Time Tracker Reviews

About Time Tracker

Time Tracker is an employee time and attendance tracking solution designed to simplify employee tracking and reduce administration using automation functionality. With Time Tracker, businesses are able to examine and track...

4.2

Browse Time Tracker Reviews

2,996 of 2,996 reviews
Martin
Martin

Reviewed on 30/09/2019

Expenses and Invoices are better tracked by Time Tracker.

All of our invoices, receivable payments and our expenses can easily manage without ant effort. It also allow me to create and make the best templates of expenses and recurrent invoices with also manage them properly. I can better track the time of billing and expenses and then receive the payments online. The invoices options and billing designs are so flexible by Time Tracker.

Pros

With the help of Time Tracker software, it is so easy for us to better manage all of our invoices by tracking the time billing and to create the customize invoices to get the payment transaction online in faster manner. It is a fully accounting and invoices software because it automatically manage our bank accounts and bank balance sheets assets. We are also able to send all of our invoices with payments to our customers. By Time Tracker, the scheduling of our payments with invoices and expenses are so great because we have a lot of controls about the information of our invoices. So, it is very easy to set up our operations, sales and inventory payments by this efficient software. The dashboards features really told me about my accounts conditions with excellent invoices and billing. If you receive your payment and send within a second, then you must need Time Tracker software.

Cons

The main drawback of Time Tracker software is that it does not have the ability to remind about the pending payments, sending invoices and receiving payments. It also does not provide the records of all the previous payments, contacts and store invoices but it has the ability to store the customer information for upcoming invoices, payments and accounts schedules.

Mfundo
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 09/06/2023

Best to keep track on everything

my experience with time tracker has been nothing but the change in my life and how i get to track my time to do some errands of the day, time track to focus on clients things and it help with my our personal things when it comes to my work outs and time with family as well

Pros

Well i all honesty i have used time tracker way back before i started working, as a professional Fashion Model and Fashion Designer. for me i always say time is money and if you waste it it becomes a problem for me and my business hence i keep my time on track and everyday and that makes things very easy for me.

Cons

i would not say i least liked it at all. it has shows much improvement with my time management

Diana

Reviewed on 16/07/2018

Simple, easy to use.

A remote entry time sheet from each employee that syncs easily with Quick Books. It's simple and easy to use.

Pros

It links very easily to Quick Books. Their customer support has improved over the last year. They provide mobile access and links to Outlook.

Cons

Initially their customer support was terrible, but they have improved over the last several months.
You can't set the order in which the service items appear. The largest issue, and reason we are seeking other time sheet services: employees enter their time on the honor system and in a lump sum. Ebillity provides the option of the employee 'clocking in and out' but it's cumbersome: you can't switch service items or projects easily - you have to log out of the current one and then log back in. Ebillity doesn't allow for a time sheet approval process. And you can't specify limits of access to certain employee time sheets, (that would provide a supervisor access to the time sheets of their subordinates). Trying to print a particular time sheet is difficult and the layout is undesirable: large font that turns a single time sheet into several pages.

Response from eBillity

Hi Diana!

Thanks for the great review! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy that Time Tracker has been a good fit for your company!

We are happy to let you know that a lot of the features that you said you wanted which we don't have, such as an approval process or access permissions, we do actually have! We would love to help you out and teach you how to use these features! Please feel free to reach out to our support team at [email protected] or call us at (800) 851-0992 for free support regarding this issue or anything else that you have questions about.

-Alex from eBillity

Replied 24/07/2018

Top Time Tracker Alternatives

Jyoti
Jyoti

Reviewed on 20/11/2023

Come by extra perception into our team's overall performance

Before it turned into hard for me to mirror all of the time I labored in making plans and collecting data for a project, with time tracker I can remember it and display it

Pros

I honestly like all of the alternatives it has and the manner this time tracker organizes all of our data and information, it lets in me to visualise my work and be capable of arrange it in better way. I can mirror all of the hours labored and on this manner I could make invoices extra actual to my clients. By seeing all of the time of all of the responsibilities I can pick out wherein I waste time and wherein I need to be extra productive. My every day work improves and tasks run quicker than earlier than through delegating small non-critical responsibilities to different workers. It could be very beneficial to providing awareness on what's important for the further task

Cons

Hardly ever the software program will time out and I will need to recalculate time spent on unique tasks. It additionally can be hard to apply on smartphone screens, and therefore researchers out within side the area needed to create a paper model in their work time. Otherwise it provides valuable survice.

Brian
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 17/01/2023

A Well rounded Time tracking and Invoicing software

Overall it has been a very successful product and has handled our needs quite well.

Pros

Time tracking and being able to tie the time entries to a specific client and project is crucial in our business as an IT support and web-design company. Then add in Invoicing and it allows me to have reduced the time it takes to produce payroll reports and monthly invoicing

Cons

The inability for us to customise reports beyond the options currently presented.

ADP Workforce Now, Payworks and Wave Accounting

Reasons for Choosing Time Tracker

Very time consuming to get the invoices ready as our primary billable is the time taken for fixes and to build a new website etc.

Wave Accounting

Reasons for Switching to Time Tracker

Timers to track time spent and the easier tieing of those entries to invoicing
Mohammad

Reviewed on 04/03/2023

Time Tracker is the HR solution for time-keeping for your staff members.

A good idea and what it gives is great. Used it and will still use it. Cost vs what it does is really wonderful.

Pros

It does not only apply to your employees only yet it applies to other jobs like doctors and lawyers. This is a great benefit one can use.

Cons

You cannot tailor reports in this application which could be an advantage for future updates.

My Hours and Deputy

Reasons for Choosing Time Tracker

They give you a free period to try it at the beginning which is really good. This way you have the advantage not to lose money.

Paymo

Reasons for Switching to Time Tracker

This one allowed us a free time to test before we can decide to pay like other applications and this is considered a great advantage.
Youngsook

Reviewed on 08/04/2023

My Time Tracker Review

Its user-friendly interface, reporting capabilities, and seamless integration make it a valuable tool for businesses and individuals alike.

Pros

Time Tracker has such an user-friendly interface. Im personally using it for its time track features mostly. But also its robust reporting tools enable users to view their time usage, set project budgets, and export data in various formats. The mobile app also so smooth.

Cons

Some of our coworkers has found it complex to navigate, particularly when setting up integrations. Additionally, the app's limited integration options may make it less effective for businesses that rely on multiple tools for time management.

Reviewed on 14/06/2022

Has helped us manage tracking our employees

Very happy with my service

Pros

Has helped us manage tracking our employees time very seamlessly this past few months. It is a good tool that can auto track and manually input time so it's easiest for contractors and employees to have an accurate time table

Cons

Could be a little more intuitive and do calculations a bit more seamlessly with less data

Response from eBillity

Hello, thank you so much for sharing how eBillity helped you manage your employee's time. Please feel free to reach out to https://support.ebillity.com/hc/en-us/requests/new with any further comments, concerns, or suggestions you wish to share.

Replied 23/06/2022
Blesslove
  • Industry: Information Services
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 30/04/2023

Time is money

They have to do something about the data base

Pros

Very helpful in life just make you know your time

Cons

It very easy to use and also quick reminder

JANE
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 26/02/2024

TIME TRACKER

easy to navigate, easy to track employees or team productions

Pros

Easy to navigate and track employees productions.

Cons

nothing- it was easy to track employees productions

Elizabeth
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Reviewed on 03/07/2019

Time Tracker for Quickbooks LEDES invoicing

I haven't had a horrible experience, because the customer service is good. And, typically we can work through the issues. They are able to go right in and see the problem. Developers have fixed things I have caught and got them working. And, it does sync well and work well once you get used to the issues.

Pros

I liked most that it combined capturing receipt images for creating expenses, and time entries, and created invoices that sync with QuickBooks and allows for LEDES export. It allowed us to do away with separate expense and time entry apps, and provide LEDES for clients that required that. While allowing us to keep using QuickBooks desktop as our primary bookkeeping software.

Cons

This software has been developed with a lot of bugs or inconsistencies. Many things have not been tested, and are not working properly or in the same manner across the app. It is learned by trial and error. Some of the ways things flow makes little sense.

Wala
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 23/09/2022

Excellent Time management Tool

Pros

Time Tracker is indeed one of the smartest tools for timekeeping and saving. It is such a fast and easy to use App. It did help researchers and employees in various sites keep track of the time they are taking to complete research-related tasks, specifically when engaged with one-on-one research participants. It thus helped us define and allocate research targets more appropriately.

Cons

Very seldomly the software will time out and you will have to recalculate time spent on different tasks. It also could be a bit difficult to use on phone screens, and thus researchers out in the field had to create a paper version of their work time, and re-enter it in the app once they are back at the office

Jeff

Reviewed on 23/01/2023

Time Tracker and use with Quickbooks accounting integration

Very good and steady. Not a lot of problems over the years. It just works which is good. Convenient to setting up users with 'allowed' billing client accounts by using user permissions. It would cause us a major disruption if it were to have issues, or a break in usage, as we have become reliant on its good features and straightforward use.

Pros

Time Tracker is setup to be very convenient for Quickbooks users. It tracks employee time on a weekly basis for us, and has the Customers, Projects, and client class categories already loaded so the employees can put their time to each client. Then it integrates back, so that once a month or so, I as the administrator can update my Quickbooks through the web connection to get all employee time loaded back into Quickbooks. Very Very convenient, and has been rock solid over many years and even Quickbooks updates/new versions.

Cons

A little tricky to setup initially, needed help from the support group. 2 things - one, it was initially connected by a different means (more manual), but then shifted to the Quickbooks Web Connect means, and that has been good. The user for the Admin also had to be different (at least initially) that users entering time, and that created some angst. So when I set it up, my login was NOT my company email. Then its a little hard to reset that - and I don't really want to at this point. So it remains a little odd that it is using my personal email as the account owner/admin :)

Arthur
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 16/10/2018

Good Product and concept WHEN it works but POOR Customer service when it doesnt!

If I cant create invoices then it is useless to me. Fix your software and get appropriate support.

Pros

The software is good for time tracking and then it syncs with Xero so that I do not have to do any double entries. I am a single freelance user and it saves me time WHEN it works. When there are issues, and there will be, trying to fix them is time consuming. Customer service is practically non existent.

Cons

Poor customer support - When there are issues, and there will be, trying to fix them is time-consuming. I am currently on hold to the telephone support and have been for 23 minutes now. I have been called one (yes 1) in the queue for all that time. Seems they have no one on the support desk to actually take the phone call. Also waiting for the online support person to answer my question for the last 20 minutes as well.
Trying to create an invoice for a client. Have over $1,500 in work to bill out but the create invoice function seems to only be picking up the last two entries and wants to create an invoice for only $39. Can't figure out why. All the entries are approved and fall within the selected date range. Last time I tried to an create invoice I had the same issue and support couldn't figure out why and just created the invoice for me but never fixed the issue. Guess what, the very next invoice I tried to create I have the same issue. Now its been 30 minutes and still on hold. Also, the online chat function disconnected "because it was idle for too long" while I waited patiently for a representative to respond. The representatives are probably overworked and handling too many issues at once I suspect.

Response from eBillity

Hello Arthur.

Thank you for leaving your feedback here on Capterra. I apologize for the lack of proper customer support. We are better than that and there is no excuse. We are available Monday through Friday, beginning at 10am. Feel free to contact me directly at 800-851-0992 Ext 108 .

Replied 25/10/2018

Reliable, easy-to-use

Pros

It's easy to use; I just start the timer when I arrive at work, figure out what I'm working on, and go to work. When I switch tasks, I either start a new timer or make a note at where the timer is at. Then at the end of the day, I take a moment to review what I worked on and how much time was spent on each job. And at the end of each week or pay period, it's super easy to just submit the time to our controller and she pulls it into her payroll interface. Also, I really like the feature of copying tasks and times from the previous week into the current week. It saves some time in listing the multiple jobs that I work on from week to week.

Cons

Occasionally, the software will "time-out" and I'll lose what tasks/time I had entered for the day up to that point in time. It's not a big deal to re-enter my time if I've only been working on 1 or 2 jobs. If I've been jumping around to multiple jobs, I just have to guestimate how much time I spent on each job and fill it in. This isn't the most accurate way to do it, but it only happens occasionally.
Also, I wonder if there's a phone app that could be used in conjunction with the computer desktop application. If I'm on a site visit or traveling for business and not at my desk in the office, it'd be nice to be able to track my time on my phone app.

Patrick

Reviewed on 29/01/2021

Simple time tracking with a few power-user shortcomings

While the hour entry interface isn't perfect for power users who want to tab through fields quickly & efficiently, it's as good as if not better than competitors. This is more than made up for by the features & ease of use of the product and its price.

Pros

Time Tracker is dead simple to setup and use for tracking time. Works great for consultants and contractors keeping track of time worked for multiple customers. Reports are simple to execute and offer a reasonable variety of types.

Cons

It is difficult to navigate the hours input screen with a keyboard, i.e., tab between fields. It requires use of the mouse for optimum navigation. This is time consuming for power users making bulk entries.

Harvest and Clockify

Reasons for Choosing Time Tracker

Time Tracker integrates perfectly with quickbooks online and our other reporting systems.

price, simplicity
Teri
Teri
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

it's glitchy, but it's easy for my employees to use

I have less data entry work to do because my employees are responsible to enter their time sheets. We used to have hand-written time reports that I had to enter into Quickbooks daily. No more!

Pros

my staff often works on the same projects over the span of several weeks. the ability to copy their previous time sheet and then make amendments as needed is a real time saver for them and makes them more likely to get their time in by deadline with very little follow-up (prodding) from me.

Cons

Any changes that I make to the timesheets do not sync back to the cloud; client jobs that are closed still show up on the app that my employees see and that confuses them

Response from eBillity

Hi Teri!
Thanks for the great review. We really appreciate your feedback, as we are always trying to make improvements to our product.

Please feel free to check out our new and improved mobile app: IOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ebillity-time-tracker-for/id468586078?ls=1&mt=8 Andriod: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cg.android.ebillitytimetracker Please feel free to reach out to our support team at [email protected] or call us at (800) 851-0992 for free support regarding this issue or anything else that you have questions about. We would love to help!

-Alex from eBillity

Replied 16/08/2018
Blake
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 31/10/2023

Could be more user friendly.

Time tracker has been great for most of my employees to track their hours accurately, as well as give me a way to double check those hours using the mapping feature.

Pros

Time Tracker was great for being a simple to use, easy to learn app for employees to track their hours.

Cons

Some of my employees experienced difficulties with the user-interface depending on what type of phone they used (iPhone vs. Android). Android users had difficulties seeing all of the buttons that would need to be clicked to produce an accurate timesheet.

QuickBooks Time

Reviewed on 29/10/2019

Basic usage with no issues for many years

The tracker does simply work and I've never had problems with fearfully entering in hours because it was always possible to reach out to our payments person and have them revert our latest submissions in order to fix them.

Pros

The interface is rather straight forward and because we have many different buckets of things that we can bill to, we are able to make our weekly breakdowns as complicated or as simple to read and bill the clients for as we want. This makes it so that people record time the way that best suits them and their level of detail.

Cons

It's minor, but the comment boxes where I put in all of my time descriptions are rather small and are word limited. This is annoying because it forces me to be needlessly terse or enter in many more rows than I would like to in order to fit everything I did in a week in. Also not necessarily a minus but I found very little need to use the timer that they provide as there are so many times that I would start and stop a task's timer because I was distracted or something more important came up that it was a hassle to maintain.

Reviewed on 31/07/2018

Simple and intuitive interface; easily track time on computer or phone.

Pros

Its simple and intuitive interface are my favorite aspect. I find that the actual actions of setting a running timer or filling in the times after the fact are both easy to do because the interface is designed in a way that one would predict it should be. The ability to carry over hours on the same task into the next day is very helpful as well due to the fact that as an attorney, often my tasks go way past midnight. This leads to greater clarity for the customer as to what she is being charged for which task that was done when.

Cons

What I like least about Ebillity is the fact that it is very difficult to reconfigure the size of the columns in the Timesheets view. there is often not enough room for me to see the entire task description at one glance. Further, there is no way to set up standard task descriptions that could be more speedily added from a dropdown menue. Furthermore, if non-administrators could have access to viewing current billing and invoices without actually being able to change any data that would be a tremendous plus. In small firms, the billing administrator is not always around when clients have questions regarding their bills.

• Industry: Biotechnology

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

A great solution for employers with employees all over the place! Great Customer Service!

Ability to have employees worldwide enter their time quickly and easily to keep A/R as current as possible.

Pros

I like the fact that you can have employees scattered all over the country or even all over the world for that matter and they can simply login and enter their time and submit it easily using eBillity and their easy to use GUI.

Cons

I would like it to have better software for smartphones. I feel the app needs to be developed further and needs a better GUI. I think that most of the employees would use the app but it's hard enough to get them to enter their time let alone learning a new GUI. They need a simple easy to use interface that is bug freee.

Response from eBillity

Hi Daniel!

Replied 16/08/2018
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 05/06/2023

Streamlining Project Management and Billing

solves business problems related to accurate time tracking, streamlined billing, project cost control, and efficient expense management. The benefits realized include improved productivity, accurate client billing, better project budgeting, and simplified financial processes.

Pros

Impactful Features: Accurate time tracking, real-time monitoring, and streamlined billing are the most impactful features of eBillity.User-Friendly: The product is designed to be easy to use, providing a user-friendly interface and intuitive functionalities.Seamless Integration: The integration process with other tools and systems is straightforward, ensuring a smooth experience for users.

Cons

Areas for Improvement: Customizable reporting, enhanced mobile app features, and expanded integrations could be areas for improvement in eBillity.Complex Aspects: Some advanced functionalities may have a learning curve, but overall, the product is user-friendly.Seamless Integration: The integration process is generally straightforward, making it easy to integrate with other tools and systems.

Reviewed on 29/03/2023

Best for time management and time tracking

Overall it is good to have a tool with an eye-appealing and easy-to-use user interface.

Pros

I like the time tracking and its integration with Jira and basecamp is top-tier because it allows me to keep track of which how much time I had spent on which task and which assignment so it's a good to have tool.

Cons

I do not dislike anything about the Time Tracker.

Sunitha
Sunitha
  • Industry: Program Development

Reviewed on 23/02/2023

Time Tracker review

The reports provided were very helpful and gave us a better understanding of how our time was being spent. Overall, I would highly recommend Time Tracker to anyone looking for a good way to track and manage their time

Pros

Time Tracker had many features that I found useful and enjoyable. I especially liked the ability to set up custom reminders and alerts. This allowed me to keep track of my tasks and deadlines and stay on top of my work. Additionally, the built-in reporting feature was a great way to monitor my progress and ensure I was staying on track. Lastly, I enjoyed the ability to share my progress with my supervisor or colleagues which made it easy to stay in sync and collaborate on projects.

Cons

Nothing dislike specifically, but I found the user experience could be improved. The navigation was a bit clunky and I found myself having to go back and forth between menus and screens to complete tasks. The interface also wasn't very intuitive and I had to spend a lot of time figuring out how to do different things.

Reviewed on 02/05/2019

It's fine. Probably room for improvement.

Timetracker is a piece of software that works for me, but I don't think of it is not without it's flaws for my needs. Your mileage may vary.

Pros

It's reasonably easy to enter time in the weekly format. The autosave is a nice feature and addition. It plays nicely with my bookkeepers software to allow the employees to log time that is transferred over to her system. It's a web app so it works well that our office, which is both Macs and PCs can use it.

Cons

There are occasional glitches where time is pushed through and it ends up getting corrupt of wonky. I routinely keep a screenshot every time I fill in time to have it as a backup. Things don't go wrong all that often, but enough of the time that I don't trust it to retain everything without a visual backup. I think there is room for improvement in the user experience, speed, and graphics—although all have improved over time and are better than what they used to be.