About NetSuite

As the first cloud ERP system, NetSuite helps more than 24,000 customers gain the visibility, control and agility to build and run a successful business. With an integrated system that includes ERP, financials, commerce,...

Browse NetSuite Reviews

Cody M.
  • Industry: Online Media

Reviewed on 05/06/2021

#1 ERP After Evaluating Many

Very positive, I personally hope to only use NetSuite going forward, as the new releases continue to iterate on features and gets better each year.

Pros

I have implemented NetSuite at 2 companies, as well as participated in a redesign. In all cases, the ability to customize to unique business needs, far beyond something like Quickbooks or Microsoft Dynamics, is fantastic. I especially like the ability to connect nearly any software to NetSuite via bundles and APIs. We have integrated most of our softwares such as ADP, Salesforce, Databricks, etc. into NetSuite to form a tight web.

Cons

NetSuite is not particularly intuitive for first-time users, and I have seen many companies implement it incorrectly due to just not understanding what to do. Because it is so highly customizable, this can be a downside for companies that become fatigued by too many decisions and possibilities. A company desiring a complete out-of-the-box ERP may be better served elsewhere.

• Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 09/07/2015

Too Complicated for Daily Use

Netsuite was chosen by our company around 9 months ago and has been in use since January 2015. Implementation was long process and was expensive. Costs include the purchase of main licence, an expensive per-person licence, paying a consulting firm to run the implementation project and having a dedicated in-house employee as "admin" to support the other users.
Netsuite has brought some great changes to our company and improved our record keeping hugely. It has also brought transparency to many of the processes and highlighted bottlenecks.
There are many downsides however, we have run into a plethora of technical problems with logic and programming along the way, while error messages abound (much to the annoyance and over-work of the consultant's team). All of the glitches have been worked out and customer service from the NS themselves has been extremely fast and professional.
Adding to the downsides, Netsuite is probably the LEAST intuitive system I have used since the 90s. It really seems like it is stuck in the past. There are hardly any icons, no drag and drop and navigation is inconsistent. Additionally, as a general manager, I need to extract information and data quickly and easily, but I cannot. Every time I want to extract data I have to go to our in-house admin for her to "write a search" in a logic/language that took her months to learn. Nobody else has time to learn that, so nobody else can do it. To my knowledge, NS has poor graphing capabilities and is very rigid in that I cannot easily change the way data is displayed once it is graphed. Usually, if I want data and I have not got time to wait for the admin to write the search pattern for me, I just export a large amount of data with a predefined/standard search and filter it and graph it with Excel - but this always begs the question, why are we paying through the nose for a program (NS) that is so difficult to use that it forces me to use another program (Excel) to make up for its inadequacies?
I could go on with the downsides of how unusable it is from a manger's point of view - there is a lot to say, but I think you get the picture.
The biggest downfall of Netsuite for me is that it is so hard to use that staff really do not want to use it. This is particularly evident in the sales department. They will only really use it for what they really have to use it for: making quotes, so we lose out. Customer data does not get sufficiently recorded, project details are lacking, contacts are hard to look up, customer account history is never recorded (we can't even find the field to put that in). Other systems we used before, e.g. Zoho CRM, Pipedrive and even Excel, are easy to use and therefore get used by the staff. A system such as Netsuite might have a beautifully coded backend, but if it discourages use through extreme user-unfriendliness, it becomes an almost useless system.

Pros

Solid back end
Keeps excellent and accurate records that are easily audited
Brings transparency to processes

Cons

Too difficult to use and therefore staff refrain from using it for all but the most essential tasks
Requires an in-house expert to help run the system
Requires months of repeated training to get staff up to speed
Poor for tracking customer account history
Extremely difficult to extract and graph the data that you need from it
Rigid and hard to change display and parameters of any data displays
Very expensive

Mariana V.
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Reviewed on 23/06/2020

Pros and Cons - Don't fall for their sale pitch

- The implementation has been extremely frustrating and disappointing. The sales team pushes for a sale that does not include all the client's needs, resulting in the need for change orders which causes delays.

-The implementation team is friendly and proactive but inexperienced/ with little supervision - I can tell they are working hard to find solutions for me, but they seem to be scrambling to figure things out without proper help/ and experienced person in the team.

- They have a tendency to promise things they are not able to deliver - for example, they sold me a 3-way match solution that they were not able to deliver it. Their excuse is that it wasn't working because of the partial receipt feature we need. Still, to me it is a very serious issue if they are selling things they can't deliver.

- Lastly, as it relates to reviews that you can't customize NetSuites, the truth is, you might be able to, but it will most likely be out of your scope. Although the change order may not be extremely pricey, the delays on the project may be extensive. And I'm not talking about 'unique customization' - I would think blanket POs/ partial receipts, 3-way match would be included in the original sales of a client that made extremely clear that the Procure to Pay module was the most important module to them.

Pros

- The software allows for some visual customization of the home page based on each role that is easy to do without the help of a programmer. For example, customize the views for each roles, set up alerts, etc.
- The search bar within the software works extremely well, which makes it easier to navigate;
- The use of the software is intuitive and easy to follow/ learn;
- The SuiteAnswers articles are very helpful in answering questions/ showing how to do anything one may need in the system.

Cons

Before selecting this software, I read several reviews saying the biggest issue was the how difficult it was to customize the software. Here are some actual examples:

1. If you want a new field (which they call segment) to be tracked for reporting purposes, you need to create a costume segment, which wont be part of the basic product the sales team sells to you. Also, just found out that it can not created as a mandatory field.

2. All NetSuite modules are standard/ out of the box. Even though we emphasized that Procure to Pay was the absolutely most important module to us, the sales team pushed the basic procure to pay module, which did not include Blanket POs or 3-way match. The thing is the sales team pushes the basic solutions to close the sale, but then later you are stuck having to process change orders, which although are not very expensive, each take about 2 weeks to process, delaying the project.

3. After delaying our project to include 3-way match and blanket POs (2-week delay), the implementation issues begun. It turns out that the 3-way match that they sold to us does NOT work. What the system was able to do is a 2-way match. Also, the system does not allow for an approval flow for releases of blanked POs. Lastly, the costume segment can not be a mandatory field as it doesn't work on blanket PO releases.

In Summary - The sales team will push their most simple out of the box version, upgrades result in delays.

Adeoye A.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 29/08/2019

Great Cloud Based System

It just made everything faster and more efficient. Purchase Orders, Invoices, reports could all be done electronically and without much effort. There was a system log to hold people accountable. Anything late, altered, changed, etc could be seen and noted(date, person, and time down to the second). Departments no longer had to wait for a meeting to know their budgets. They could log in and see the numbers in real time. The customer service team always responded fast and helped me with the problems I had. We could also store invoices and check copies onto their secured server. So basically this helped the office become more efficient while going green.

Pros

That it is cloud based. This helped me solve a lot of problems when I was not physically in my office. If I was sick, on vacation, or away from the office at night I could still answer questions. I didn't need to drive in and log into the software that was on the company server.

Cons

There is a lot to the system. While it can most likely do everything you need it to, there is also a learning curb that comes with it. Some of it can be self taught, while others can be covered via a youtube video. For other issues you need help on you would need to contact the customer service team. So basically the thing I liked least was that there is so much that sometimes it is hard to find what you need.

Reviewed on 30/09/2019

Powerful but complex

Overall we can invoice customers, pay bills, and report on finances - so it works well.
I do feel like I needs more in-depth training now that I've had more time in the system. We also just use a fraction of what I believe it's capable of.

Pros

It's so intricate and complex that I know I could set it up to do whatever I wanted or needed to report on...

Implementation team was very thorough trying to understand how our business processes work.
Integration with Salesforce (via Celigo) is useful.
Keeping track of orders, what's been invoiced and what's been paid, etc. is straight forward.

Cons

... but it's so complex that even making minor adjustments (I.E. edit the invoice template) that it takes a lot of time to research how to do it. There is a Help site, but it's not very useful.

You can buy different levels of Support - which I disagree with. Since we only have the minimal option (only help if something is broken), I have to search online forums to figure out how to make even the minor tweaks. I wish there had been more training on how to make overall setup adjustments.

Our implementation ended before some of the smaller/minor parts were setup. We would need to purchase more hours to finish.

Francisco D.
  • Industry: Plastics

Reviewed on 27/08/2019

NetSuite SPI

Pros

Customization of forms, printed forms, reports, workflows, searches, filters, financials, and user interface.

Cons

limitations on reports, searches, and hard coded functionalities.

Kimberly G.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 06/03/2019

The sky is clear in the cloud

We have been using NetSuite for roughly a year. There were a lot of growing pains. People did not like change. However it is getting better. We are constantly learning new things about the system.

Pros

It is more user friendly. We were previously on PeopleSoft Financials for approximately 20 years. It was highly customized and there were a lot of system limitations as far as reports and queries. More of our users are able to run system reports for themselves such as the AR Aging Report.

NetSuite offers more flexibility.

It communicates better with other systems that we use.

I like being able to access NetSuite from any computer since it is in the cloud. With our previous software, we had to access the system through a VPN if we were outside of the office.

I like the global search box

Cons

There are still limitations on some of the saved searches as far as how it pulls in information. For instance, for an AP Report, it can pull in invoice numbers with the vendor, date, amount. If I want it to pull in the check number, this will cause additional lines on the report.

I don't like the journal upload process works. If there are multiple errors in a journal that is being uploaded, only the first error is identified. You have to go through multiple attempts in order to find all the lines with errors. This is time consuming.

Steve B.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 06/05/2021

Very good ERP software

This software has helped us more with inventory management more than anything else. We are able to track incoming raw materials all the way thru the system until the final product is shipped to the customer.

Pros

The product is excellent in handling inventory control, AP, AR, reporting, and invoicing. Once you learn the navigation it is a very powerful software to use.

Cons

The CRM part of the software is too cumbersome to use. All our sales reps would stop using it because none of the customer management features would flow.

Meagan D.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 26/08/2019

Benefits of NetSuite

NetSuite has helped us generate great insight into our business.

Pros

The ability to customize and build reports is very useful. There are several things that come standard but everything can be customized for your specific way of business.

Cons

NetSuite can be very intimidating when first learning the software.

Taylor R.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 23/09/2019

Netsuite is great for manageability.

I have had an overall decent experience with NetSuite. We switched from ACT to NetSuite, and I must say the transition was hard. There is a lot more moving parts with this system than there was with Act. But, I do like the fact that since netsuite is a website, when my guys are out in the field they can still log into and view files on NetSuite.

Pros

I like that I can store all of the companies information in one place
I like that our customers are easy to find
I like the ease at which you can edit contact information

Cons

Its a bit tricky to navigate
It takes a few months to fully train someone how to use
It can be very slow at times

John M.
  • Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 16/04/2020

Light manufacturing, distribution business

Implementing across multiple locations with remote users easy to deploy. Can add new locations/ operations easily.

Pros

NetSuite is very easy to use and configure. Customizable views, dashboards, reports & searches. Easy to add/modify with UDFs. Internal controls and workflow easy to use. Interface with other add-ons prevalent for all types of solutions, including ecommerce, shipping, taxation, banking, etc. Also able to easily offload data for BI warehousing. Used a number of pricing options, flexible to design and implement. Very easy to set up all business forms. Integrates with all major online banking. Consolidations and data visibility accross entities easy to use.

Cons

Could do a little better on procurement/supply chain tracking. Didn't go with full WMS as our operations were not complex manufacturing.

• Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 20/08/2020

NetSuite is extremely robust but is expensive and may be difficult to get used to

As an implementer I think the software can be extremely strong and be a massive time saver if the implementation is done correctly and users are accepting to change and trained well. I found it very easy to use NetSuite from the beginning but I have worked with numerous software applications in the past.

Pros

The software has endless feature and functionality. The software is always being updated with new features twice a year. The out-of-the-box software is robust but additional modules may need to be purchased for specific workflows. NetSuite is a cloud based software allowing for easy access to the NetSuite environment as long as you have internet. Easy to allow users to work from home because it is cloud based.

Cons

The software can be expensive especially if you need to purchase additional modules. Implementation teams at NetSuite are poor, leading to increased costs to find a NetSuite implementation partner. The software can be difficult for new users to get used to because there are so many functionalities and different ways to do things inside the system.

Jennifer R.

Reviewed on 25/10/2019

Great Customer Service

Pros

Honestly the best thing I like about NetSuite is how easy it is to contact Customer Service and how helpful they are. The user/admin guides are also very detailed and the patch notes they include with updates keep us well informed.

Cons

I wish NSPOS had more modules, everything seems to require customizations.

Steven L.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 03/04/2020

Maybe a capable ERP solution, BUT horrible implementation and business practice

We signed up for Netsuite ERP last Sept/Oct. We planned to go live on December, before our peak season in January. It's a nightmare after we signed the contract, the implementation goes on for 6 month, we had to hire outside consultant to help us.
NS inside implementation team doesn't has enough knowledge to help us successfully implement the system. Our NS implementation team only asked us to go to learning portal and learn ourselves, and go to them when we have questions. But when we ask the implementation staff simple questions such as if we should implement merchandise hierarchy or what's the best way to set up the classification for our business. She doesn't have a clue how to answer that, or she will tell us that's a phase II question (more money). 4 months in, we were so frustrated because we were no where near go live. So I told my accountant manager to move onto phase II, because obviously we wasted 4 months of subscription on a incompetent team. Our old account manger called a meeting with senior support in the company to help us set up our NS implementation for phase II. The quote we got was twice the amount of our annual subscription fee.
Here's my conclusion, they signed us up on the price agreed on and once we are in the contract, they don't care about our business success, get us frustrated, so they can upsell. If I have to start again, I will NOT go with Netsuite
***My experience is based on 6 months into the system implementation,**

Pros

Customization and compatibility, you can customize to any you want it to work in regards to reporting.

Cons

NS inside implementation team doesn't have enough knowledge to successfully implement the software, account manager only cares about upselling instead of helping our business to succeed.

Nina N.

Reviewed on 26/08/2019

Love Netsuite so easy

Pros

It is very easy to use and can be used from anywhere in the world on any device

Cons

The price is higher than other software programs

David P.

Reviewed on 22/02/2019

Netsuite Review

So far our experience of NetSuite has been pretty good. It is easy to get going with its interface and you can drag and drop forms and reports. There are occasional performance issues and bugs, but the support provision deals with these fairly quickly. In short it is powerful, and customisable, and recommended.

Pros

A cloud-based ERP system, NetSuite suites companies looking for security and reliability, combined with a solid feature set and frequent upgrades. The UI includes a powerful search tool, and it is easy find what you need and move around in the system.

Cons

It is a relatively expensive solution, which also requires a lot of your own development time to customise forms and functions for your business. There is a limited amount of cloud storage included, and the cost to increase this is eye watering.

Brad K.

Reviewed on 15/03/2018

One of the most scalable systems out there.

NetSuite ERP is a cloud ERP solution and provides proven financial management and ERP that easily integrates with your broader sales and service processes

Pros

I have administrated/implemented Oracle + NetSuite for a couple of years and have found that is a very versatile product, that truly one of the most scalable ERP systems I've ever encountered. This product is always available to my users wherever and whenever they need access, designed for global commerce and the global supply chain. NetSuite can hold all of a companies accounting information including amortization schedules, journal entries, bills, vendor information, revenues, cost of sales, and so much more. Every single accounting function an organization does can run through Netsuite. Companies are able to upload directly to Adaptive Insights, which is a great tool to do forecasting and budgeting.

Cons

The only drawback of the system is that the UI is not as clean as other tools that we use like Salesforce and Adaptive. These tools have extremely intuitive, user-friendly, and graphically appealing UI's.

Joshua B.
  • Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 12/07/2019

Great manufacturing suite

Pros

Ease of use most employees during transition.

Cons

Lacks external work order functionality.

Kristine K.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 24/04/2018

NetSuite is a Charm

Pros

NetSuite is so flexible.
It can be customized using different ways like workflows, scripting, forms, fields, layouts.

Cons

There are a lot of supposed basic functionality that is not available in NetSuite. We have to build and pay for customization because NetSuite does not have the basic functionality.
Some controls in terms of permission is very loose. We have to make sure that all customization measures are checked to make sure that any settings we have built did not break these permissions. This is very hard to monitor as well for access reviews.

Kevin C.
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers

Reviewed on 12/07/2019

Helluva container uses Netsuite

We could not operated without this software. We treat it as a very essential part of our business and are continually tweaking it.

Pros

We love the ability to customize Netsuite to our business processes and the fact it is all in the cloud, our employees can be anywhere and log on.

Cons

The need to have a higher level of knowledge of programming in web design and java to run and customize some of Netsuite’s systems. Fortunately we have contracted with Netsuite certified firms to make changes we are not able to make.

Reviewed on 01/08/2018

excellent functionality, but clunky UI and prices

Pros

First, I think this software is one of the most robust ERP systems out there - it was heavily customizable for all our needs, especially analyzing the financial statements and using the search/query features. In addition, I found the customer service to be top notch. They were extremely responsive and helpful with our specific needs.

Finally, I think the the dashboard screen was helpful as an overview of the company and easy access to changes to be made.

Cons

While this is not about the software, Oracle has been hiking up prices for the past few years, to the point that it's gotten costly. It might be a relevant barrier for smaller companies. However, otherwise, I think the software itself requires a lot of training to use. In addition, integration with legacy software isn't as smooth as I would've liked.

Keenan G.
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 22/06/2018

Used by our sales department (AV distribution) for invoicing as well as CRM

Multiple tools in one

Pros

The best part of NetSuite is it's integration of both CRM and invoicing. Prior to utilizing, we were using two separate platforms for each.

Cons

NetSuite takes a bit of time to get used to - not super intuitive from the start. The more time you spend with it, however, the easier it becomes. We also had some questionable customer service with our initial rep at one point (in regards to scheduling/cancelling appointments on us).

Nicolas C.

Reviewed on 21/07/2017

Painful set up but robust software

The biggest business problem we are solving is the fact that we do not have critical business information in multiple systems anymore. We have been able to consolidate all of our operations and accounting information into one system.

Pros

Net suite ERP is a very robust piece of software. That is its biggest advantage. Also the fact that they have developed through their local representative companies, packages with accounting rules specific to each country. Additionally it looks a little bit more modern than other robust software similar in the industry.

Cons

I dislike the fact that setting it up is a real pain. The process takes months and if you do not hire a certified partner it's completely imposible to make it work. That's because of its robustness, but they should build more pre-packaged stuff into the system so this process can be more agile.

I also dislike the fact that the User Experience is a little bit complex. There are so many options in each view, that sometimes you just get lost in it.

Sarah M.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 25/02/2016

Great software with good flexibility

Pros

Everything you need is in one package & you can turn features on and off depending on the nature of your business. We've found that as our business changes, teams will have requests for additional fields, searches, etc - I can add it all in myself in very little time. And I'm not a programmer!

Support team is wonderful - 24 hours/day with very quick response. When I had problems changing the map over too Baidu maps, they worked with me and sent me new code to implement and filed it as an enhancement request.
Online help articles usually solve my questions.

Cons

People who grew up on Macs want more graphic interfaces like Pipedrive (for sales lead management) - they think the interface is too database-driven

Aaron E.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 25/04/2018

Netsuite is a great tool that is flexible and customizable to evolve and grow with our...

The continuous improvement to the product and investment is appreciated.

Pros

Custom fields and reporting that can be implemented by non-technical people. Very powerful to run all divisions and activity on a single platform.

Cons

dashboards need improvement but coming soon w/ pivots (hopefully). Need help with running pick tickets and inventory management for multi-location (4 physical versus several virtual locations within).