Slack Reviews

4.7

4.7

About Slack

Slack is a cloud-based project collaboration and team interaction tool designed to facilitate communication across organizations. The solution caters to various industries, including media, research, technology, education,...

Browse Slack Reviews

23,246 of 23,246 reviews
Frankline
Frankline
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 31/10/2020

PERFECT BRIDGE BETWEEN AGENCY AND WORKERS

Slack qualifies to be the best collaboration tool of our generation with users navigating the app with quite a lot of ease. The experience at large is very positive and with such competitive prices, indeed there lies infinite potential with slack. It offers several intergrations iclusive of outlook and zoom among other essential plugins.

Pros

As a messenger app, the basic functions enabling communications are on a perfect edge with a simple, precise interface very easy to navigate. The search option comes in as a plus as you are able to trace your target messaage on a long thread with simple typing of words on the search bar. With slack, we are able to share files with quite a lot of ease and now with the IRC style, we can separate the conversation threads in the presence of multiple members in a team to set up off-topic discussions.

Cons

When sharing your screen with another team or individual, you have to go back to the initial chat to send a message, I would prefer this being done from the same UI of the screen-share. Also the limitation to the number of users attending a video conference does not confer with large organisations such as ours.

Reviewed on 06/09/2023

Great tool for communicating with a remote team

It's become a fairly ciritcal tool in staying efficient and communicating

Pros

Slack makes it easy to communicate with my team and share files in real-time with my offshore team

Cons

I find it a bit hard to navigate at times and I probably don't use all of the functions to capacity. It can be confusing

Gmail

Reasons for Choosing Slack

I stil use Click-Up but its easier to communicate directly on slack

Reasons for Switching to Slack

It's what my team were already using so we went with it
Camille
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Reviewed on 11/06/2024

The perfect tool for communication and updates

Pros

Platform user friendly, working as a remote worker, my job is based on this tool, this is the best way to keep in touch with my colleague and work with them

Cons

We can be lost sometimes because of many channels created and spam by alerts

Top Slack Alternatives

Reviewed on 15/05/2019

Slack : A very quick review

Slack improves correspondence among colleagues.

In spite of the fact that it doesnot supplant the need of email yet yes it clearly reduces unnecessary inside messages

Slack stays a standout amongst the best group informing applications since it offers more than some other application in this classification.

For a variety of devices and platforms, Slack is available: mobile Mac, Windows, Linux, Web, Android, iOS, and Windows.
It is a cloud-based tool in real time, so you need an Internet connection to use it regardless of which app you have.

Pros

What I truly like is to discover individuals and ping them and begin a transformation.

Most significant, you can share records, photographs, URL, gifs (Very significant), in a solitary spot.
Making joint effort simple and something to appreciate.

at the point when significant data is imparted to other application it gets lost and there is no record of it.

With the slack channel, the data is put away and can be utilized as references

Slack makes it workable for its clients to have numerous alternatives of getting informed.

The best component, as I would see it, is the place somebody can "@" you in a message or a post.

Cons

Below are some points which I least like in Slack:

Video calls are just bolstered in the work area applications and Slack for web in the Chrome program.

In the event that you join a call from a cell phone, you get sound as it were.

So also, screen sharing just works from the work area applications,

what's more, sharing control of screen sharing just works in the Mac and Window work area applications (not Linux).

From the web application in Chrome, you can watch on the off chance that another person utilizes screen sharing, yet you can't start it.

There is also no option for downloading conversations to create a hard copy record (for minutes of meeting, etc.).

No File Preview: If you could preview a document without downloading it first, it would be nice. But Slack does'nt have this feature.

japhet
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 06/05/2024

The ultimate solution for remote work!

Slack allows me to organize my meetings and team interactions with professionalism. It serves as an excellent platform for file sharing, and the additional feature of screen sharing adds even more value.

Pros

Slack is intelligently designed for entrepreneurs, offering efficiency and timeliness. It's particularly beneficial for remote work, as it consolidates all tasks into one software, saving a significant amount of time.

Cons

Regarding drawbacks, I haven't encountered any significant ones yet. Slack is incredibly user-friendly, and I discover new features every day, enhancing its overall usability.

Nsereko
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 14/05/2024

Real-time Support Specialist

My overall experience is that am mind blown 🤯 with Slack real-time chats.

Pros

The real-time live chats that are easy to send and have instant feedbacks.

Cons

It has no disadvantages that are affecting me.

Oluwakemi

Reviewed on 23/06/2024

Slack at APL

Large file sharing and team collaboration.

Pros

Slack makes it a breeze to communicate via audio and video calls.

Cons

I have used Slack for quite long now, I do not experience any flaw at all.

azza
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 20/06/2024

the ease of slack use

Pros

What I liked most about Slack is its versatility in facilitating communication and collaboration among teams. The ability to create multiple channels for different projects or topics, along with direct messaging and threaded conversations, makes it easy to organize discussions and find information quickly. Integrations with a wide range of third-party tools and services enhance productivity by bringing notifications and updates directly into Slack, reducing the need to switch between applications. Additionally, features like file sharing, voice and video calls, and the ability to search through archives ensure that teams can work efficiently and effectively, whether they are co-located or distributed globally. Overall, Slack's user-friendly interface and robust feature set make it a valuable tool for enhancing teamwork and productivity in modern workplaces.

Kim
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Reviewed on 21/06/2024

My Slack Experience

Overall, my experience with Slack has been positive due to its seamless communication, collaboration features, and efficient integration with tools. Managing notifications effectively is important for maintaining productivity.

Pros

What I like most about Slack is its seamless communication and collaboration features, including real-time messaging, file sharing, and intuitive interface.

Cons

One drawback of Slack is the potential for message overload and notifications, which can sometimes lead to distraction.

Lajorin
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 11/06/2024

My Thoughts on Slack Usage

File sharing and team collaboration.

Video conferencing boost performance.

Pros

Slack allocates a wide range of features including BIM, video conferencing, file sharing and live chat in one place.

Cons

Everything works perfect for me when using Slack.

Sergei

Reviewed on 27/06/2019

The unbeaten king of communication tools.

I doubt I could ever use something that isn't Slack, probably due to the fact there is just nothing that even comes close to its balance of features and fun. Which is kind of sad as its clear Slack stopped innovating as soon as it noticed it pretty much had a monopoly on workplace communications.

Pros

Slack biggest achievement and PRO is making workplace chat fun, be it by fun emojis, gifs or reaction emojis to messages, or its sheer amount of customization options. Add to this the insane amount of project customization thanks to 3rd party integrations, and its clear why it's as of now still unbeaten. Also, the fact it has plenty of developer centric features such as syntax highlighting and impressive platform compatibility across OS just makes it even harder to compete against.

Cons

Slack's biggest problems are 2, performance, and price. Even on relatively powerful hardware, Slack is prone to having performance issues, probably due to the fact its built with web technologies which are great for compatibility reasons, not so much for performance. Also, their pricing model makes it pretty much impossible for small companies and groups to buy due to how expensive it is.

Eileen Moran
Eileen Moran

Reviewed on 28/08/2019

Slack is our go-to quick communication tool for our remote team

Before using Slack, we had to wait for people to answer emails or use text messages or chat apps. None of it was organized into a company-wide system where you can have multiple conversations with different people. Slack is the perfect solution for quick communication that doesn't need to be saved forever.

Pros

Slack is very simple to set up and use and allows us to quickly message our team members who all work remotely. It's a great tool for sharing links, getting answers to simple questions, and also sharing fun things in the Random and General Channels. We've got a few different Channels we use with our 21 users who are a combination of employees and contractors. We also use Google Drive, so that is integrated into Slack.

Cons

We've got the free plan, so we have messages that are now archived that we can't access. Considering it's free, it's not much of a con.

Flock

Reasons for Choosing Slack

We had just started using Flock when we found out that some of our team was already using Slack, so we switched over. It had nothing to do with Flock. We never really tested that out.

Flock

Reasons for Switching to Slack

Other team members were already using it.
Stephanie
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 19/10/2019

Robust and Efficient Communication on All Team Levels

Slack has been an entertaining way to keep my teams moving and communicating so much more than we would through email or text. The platform makes it easy to record and share ideas as they happen, and collaborate on the good ones to bring helpful and interesting ideas to fruition. We experience much less distraction as we all want to cover multiple topics, sometimes all at once. We are not limited to listening through long meetings where we discuss topics only relevant to 30% of the team - only team members directly related to a project have to engage in discussions, and the rest can listen in only if they are interested or find value. Stronger and more organized than emails or text threads, Slack has entirely changed the way we convey thoughts and communicate remotely (or from within the same room!) in my organization.

Pros

What I am most enthusiastic about in my use of this software, is how neatly organized every topic of discussion can be. Within an organization, there can be a LOT of topics, and one simple chatroom (text messages, other chat platforms) will absolutely not cut it. With Slack, each team can have their own space, each project can have its own space, and there can even be direct messages between team members. Replies can happen in the entire thread, or in direct response to a particular message - including emoji-only responses, for those so inclined! The added benefit of this discussion organization, means there's even a dedicated space for members to shoot the breeze and talk about lunch in #imhungry, without losing pace or focus of the financial evaluation happening in #budgetcrisis. Each chatroom, or "channel", can be as private or accessible as the individuals need. Members can join or leave as needed, or lurk in other's channels to keep track of other projects. An individual can even be a part of multiple Slack communities for different businesses or organizations - I personally have one for my Church, for my family business, as well as gaming and personal pursuits. Everything stays separate and organized, thanks to Slack.

Cons

This particularly applies to individuals who are using Slack for multiple organizations; the mobile app can be VERY confusing when you're not 100% familiar with Slack. Slack is already a bit of a learning curve, due to its robust functionality; that in itself is not a flaw, as I see it. It is efficiently designed. It's just a lot to take in day 1 and may not be intuitive to everyone, and the mobile app compounds the confusion!

I will note that the app has MUCH improved since I jumped in two or three years ago. But even now, I find myself having to pause and double-check I'm navigating channels correctly. The desktop version is much more understandable!

Telegram and Google Meet

Reasons for Choosing Slack

My company loved Hipchat. I loved Hipchat. But as Atlassian changed over the last 7 years, Hipchat fell to the wayside and, while it was still useful and enjoyable, our organization ultimately decided it was time to switch. Primarily, we switched due to the increasing functionality of Slack with other apps, including a list of integrations too long to measure. Secondly, more and more organizations were already on Slack or switching to Slack, and it's important that the lives of our team members are kept efficient; we wouldn't want them switching between several different platforms to accomplish the same thing. Lastly, Slack made sense because it simply became faster and more efficient in its actions than Hipchat; plus, on a truly shallow level, it was more visually appealing.

Reasons for Switching to Slack

While Discord was a close second to Slack, we generally found Slack to be the most robust and versatile platform out of all of our choices. We believed it would be best at allowing us to exist in a large variety of chat rooms without losing track of what each thread was for - Hangouts and Telegram would be a nightmare for how many threads we'd like to have going. Those options would also force us to either have people unable to drop in on conversations, or, have EVERYONE added to every single thread. Slack also has excellent notification settings that make it easy to mute certain threads, certain conversation types, or just mute all of Slack on a schedule. Hangouts and Telegram felt like another text app like the one native to your phone; Slack is a system. Discord is also an extremely helpful, robust, and versatile system; and I can't really say there were small details that pushed us over the edge to Slack versus Discord. Largely, we chose Slack as it carries a more professional tone, and would more likely seem businesslike/professional if we needed to bring in additional team members or temporary collaborators.
Heather

Reviewed on 24/11/2019

Connecting made easy

I have used many messaging platforms in my professional career and for me, Slack takes the cake! It is really modern and the features are very easy to use. I also like how Slack manages new feature release which you can always tell us based off of recent user feedback. Slack is extremely intuitive and my team team (even those who prefer to communicate less ) enjoy using it.

Pros

Slack is great for collaborating and communicating with your immediate team and across multi functional teams as well. Creating channels that are topic specific such as DevOps or functional area (product) specific allows people from across the organization to post questions, comments, share docs (slack has a larger file capacity that our email server), and subscribe to certain posts such as issue management. I really like the @all, channel, specific person functionality because of how it is linked to notification management. My other favorite slack feature is pinning certain threads which Slackbot can help remind you when new detail is published pertaining to the thread.

Cons

I wish that there was a history roll up available so I could check back maybe 4 moths or so to see who I talked to. For instance, I was recently troubleshooting a technical issue and knew I had spoken with someone before to resolve the same problem a few months back. However it was in a 1:1 direct message and for the life of me I could not remember their name! I wish there was some type of running history that could show me everyone I have corresponded with because there is only so much room in the section doe Direct Messages in the fixed Slack side bar/column. I also wish that I could get a daily roll up of direct message communications to my email because I like the notification I have setup for whenever a new Slack message comes accross.

• Industry: Program Development

Reviewed on 10/02/2020

Best Communication Tool Ever.

We had a lot of issues with communication using some Google options, we had used "Chat" and Hangouts for work purposes but we don't get at all the product.

So we decided to switch all our operations to Slack and we are amazed!

We integrate all our DevOps tools to slack and we are very productive, we are using Slack with Gitlab and other tools and we are very happy with this product.

Pros

Best ChatOps tool, Good price, high-quality product, compatible with a lot of tools for integrations, good order, good for agile teams and DevOps culture teams.

Cons

The unique problem that I had using Slack was with the "community edition" because you can lose your messages, but you can solve it buying the paid edition for $8 per user, It is really a good price and the tool is excellent.

Reasons for Choosing Slack

We decided to switch to Slack because we felt like Chat by Google doesn't feel like an agile or DevOps oriented product, with Slack we feel like a real DevOps team and we are doing integrations with other tools most of the days!

Google Chat

Reasons for Switching to Slack

Because of the integrations with other tools as Gitlab, Jira, and Clockify and because Slack is a DevOps oriented Chat tool.
Christopher
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 12/10/2020

Why We Use Slack For Our Start-Up

Slack has been a great addition to our daily work ethic. Being able to use it on a mobile device as well as desktop is key and it has become an integral part of splitting up our tasks. I really couldn't recommend it more.

Pros

The overall ease of this software is superb. Every one of our team members found it easy to use immediately.

Cons

The one thing that bugs me is the return button. If you are writing a message then if I want to use a new line by pressing return Slack actually sends the message. So I then have to go in and edit my message. Return in Slack is another key. You would think would be easy to remember but then every other product has the return key used as a new line so I'm always having to edit my messages of they are spaced out.

Eric R.
Eric R.
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 09/03/2021

Slack is the solution for internal communication and collaboration

Slack helps our team stay coordinated, interact in a timely manner, and track information in channels that provide context.

Pros

Slack's ease of use and understanding it paramount. While I find Teams to be over-extending itself into the Office world, Slack is just about making sure you can keep communication clear, timely and open. The ability to shift between private DMs, open channels, and private channels nicely delineates the way you can manage communication across a team. We use Slack for all internal communication, relegating email to external comms, which works really well.

Cons

The channels can overwhelm casual users at times. While the system tries to clean things up with suggestions, I think Slack should do more intentional hiding of under-used channels to keep it clean.

Microsoft Teams

Reasons for Choosing Slack

Slack is smarter and has all of these amazing plugins.

Reasons for Switching to Slack

Teams is too Microsofty, which is not a company we like much. Hipchat was too weak and got shut down eventually. Slack is the real deal - a key part of high-energy and performance work cultures. I cannot imagine startups running without it.
Ghazal
Ghazal
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Reviewed on 15/05/2022

New Age Communication Tool

Good, good, gooood. Thanks to Slack that enabled us to improve our communication and achieve our set goals. Instead of email, we communicate through Slack and it gets a better result.

Pros

I like the cool features and amazing functionality of Slack. It makes file sharing, meetings, and team collaboration so easy that anybody can do it without putting much effort. Since we started using Slack, we have shifted almost all of our daily communication to this one-in-solution. Our team members always get in touch with each other using the real-time chat feature. We have created different channels for different teams that helps us manage the work in a more organized way. File sharing is a big part of our work routine and Slack does it professionally. Integration with other applications such as Google Drive and Dropbox is another added feature. I have the PC version and also installed the phone application that helps me keep in contact with the team so effortlessly.

Cons

The contacts tab design can use some improvement. It's all cramped up. The drop-down arrows with the channel sometimes hide the contacts and that really annoys me. I wish there was a different user interface with more ease of use.

Brittany

Reviewed on 17/08/2022

Slack is a mainstay for my inter-connected teams and communities!

Pros

Slack is hands down my favorite way to keep productive up, communication lines between teams clear and more concise, and as a way of messaging back and forth in a pretty straight-forward, not super distracting way.

Cons

There is not really a complaint I can think of in regards to Slack. I have never had a real issue with it in my 8+ years of using the application.

Microsoft Viva Engage and Confluence

Reasons for Choosing Slack

Microsoft's product did not even compare to the ease-of-use and clarity, brevity of implementation and start-up.... Slack is just way easier to use and more people I have worked with and currently with work still enjoy it/rely on it for day-to-day communication and project update needs. ESPECIALLY in a newly, mostly remote work environment!
  • Industry: Internet
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 21/10/2022

Collaboration tool that has enabled unicorns across the globe

Indispensable tool that has made remote work a possibility across the globe.

Pros

I LOVE the digital workspace that Slack offers. I don't know how any company would be surviving in the pre-Slack era. Slack is extremely easy to use and has instant messaging, video calling, voice calling, screen sharing, file sharing and integration features that makes it a boss of professional digital workspaces of the remote future of work.

Cons

There is absolutely nothing to not like about Slack today.

Reasons for Choosing Slack

No product beats Slack in professional collaboration at scale.

WhatsApp and Gmail

Reasons for Switching to Slack

Engineering team loves Slack.
Adam
Adam
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 04/12/2018

Communication for (Cool) Professionals

We can definitely communicate with almost no exceptions. It takes the "where is this person" out of the equation as you can just send them a message and know when they come online and see it. The benefits to not just sitting and waiting on an answered email are endless.

Pros

I don't remember how my team communicated before Slack. It keeps my coworkers connected in and out of the office. It cuts down on our emails and makes communication easy. There are a lot of apps and integrations that can be added to automate processes. You can integrate project management tools, Google Docs, Spotify, Canto DAM, Giphy for some fun with coworkers and so many more.

I love that I can drag and drop files, images and videos into slack to share with my coworkers. In addition, slack allows free integration with many other tools out there. My peers who are software developers talk about how easy it is in the backend for integration.

Slack is easy to use and has great built in functions for notifications. It has really been extremely helpful to get multiple departments talking at times and keep each department informed while not in the same location. The ability to upload files makes it easy to share ideas.

Cons

The Screen sharing could be improved, along with mic recognizing.

When network connectivity is lost during screen sharing or calls, the reconnect feature doesn't seem to work really efficiently.

My biggest complaint is that Slack makes you way too available. You're expected to know whats going on whether you are at home sick or in the office working.

Sometimes the app on the phone won't clear your notifications even after reading or checking through them.

Charlie
Charlie

Reviewed on 01/03/2019

A new (and fun) way to communicate

When we started with Slack, the folks pushing it said, it will cut down significantly on your email. I didn't believe that it would but as more and more people started using it I saw a major decrease in my email. I love not having long confusing threads. If something is posted in a channel everyone in the channel gets to follow if they chose to do so. It makes work life so much easier.

Pros

Slack seems to have taken the lead in social media type business communication. We started using them a few years ago and have at times reviewed other systems but always came back to Slack having something that the others didn't. We started with one business unit and recently pushed it out to the whole company as our preferred method of internal communication.

The product is easy to use. People seem to pick it up and start up on it in hours rather than days or weeks. While some people have other tool preferences, most people seem to like working with it.

It is designed to be a fun tool. When you have read all your messages, it will say something silly like, "Your all done, here is a tractor" and show you a picture of a little tractor. Quotes will come up while it is loading although it loads so fast that you don't have time to read them - a good thing. Users can add their own quotes too. Generally it has a fun look and feel to it.

Finally customer support has been fantastic (at least from a user point of view - I am not in IT and therefore not involved in set up support) I have sent messages to them numerous times with questions or suggestions and have always received a fast response back. My questions have been answered and I have even seen a few of my suggestions appear in later releases.

Overall Slack is a strong, easy to use, fun product.

Cons

There are a few things I would like to see improved in Slack.

1. Slack gives you options to easily have private group conversations which is nice if you want to discuss something with just three or four people. Bringing another person into the group and letting them see the conversation history is not an option. I understand why they do this. They are supposed to be private messages but it is really frustrating.

2. I am a channel hoarder. I have lots of channels that I like to follow. It would be really nice to be able to organize the channels into folders so that I didn't have some many in front of me. It would also make the one channel I need easier to find. Our company didn't do a great job of setting naming standards so the channel I need is stuck somewhere in a meaningless alpha list of channels.

3. And finally, give us longer channel names! We are stuck with 22 character limit on names and no capitalization which makes Con #2 just a bit worse. People creating channels have to be creative about names which is one of the things that led to our naming standards falling apart.

Chaya
Chaya

Reviewed on 18/04/2019

Slack – Managing projects optimally

Slack is a tool which can be used as a project management tool for managing projects and also it can be used for internal communication inside a project group or a company. Each project group can have its own channels inside the company workspace. Communication through private and public channels has made Slack more popular among the users.

Pros

Slack can be considered as a project management tool. Slack provides both mobile version and desktop version applications where the mobile version is installed in the mobile phone so that whatever may be the situation user may not miss any important information about the project instantly. While the desktop version helps to transfer files of the working project easily while working on the project. Slack provides the facility to share the files, folders, audio and video clips, links. there are private and public channels in slack. Users can be added to these channels and if the users prefer they can have their own personal chats through slack. The emojis, stickers, GIF are also added In Slack to provide better user experience and attract the users with its familiar look to most of the social media or texting apps.

Cons

In order to use Slack users need to have a proper network connection. Without proper network coverage, Slack won’t work. Sometimes messages won’t be delivered to the other side after a selected time(10 PM). Unless the user sets his or her state into active user won’t receive notifications after 10 pm. If the state is away then the messages sent after 10 pm won’t be delivered till the next morning. Because of this sometimes users may miss some important messages. It is both an advantage and a disadvantage too. There is no mechanism to know whether the receiver read the message or not once a message is sent. The sender has to wait until other messages come from the receiver acknowledging that the receiver read the message.

Souhil
Souhil
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

The perfect Team Collaboration Tool

I really like Slack, and it saved me a lot of money and time because I have an online business and now I really don't need to have a real-life office to run my business and stay organized with the team I just use Slack with other tools Slack support and that's it, It's perfect for everyone especially small businesses like mine.
I use Slack daily and I will keep using it because I think it's the best tool for me and for my team and I really don't need to use another one because I can do everything I want with Slack and I know the team behind it is trying to do their best to improve it and add more useful and powerful features to help us stay organized.

Pros

It's a very cheap and easy to use tool with a friendly user interface and I can change it to a dark theme which I like a lot.
I like the chat option because I can send and receive real-time messages and chat with my team directly and the Slack messaging app is very powerful and amazing.
I also like the emojis and gifs in the chat because it brings a lot of fun to the workspace.
I feel very safe using Slack because they have a strong security system and I don't need to worry about the safety of my files when I share them.
It helped me to save a lot of time and to stay organized and have all my projects in just one place and I really don't need to use other tools to do this.
I really don't need to train my VA's to use Slack because some of them used it before and some they find it very easy to use and they get used to it in just a few days.
I improved my productivity and now I don't need to waste any time because Slack helped me and the Team to developed focused channels and to focus on what's important for the company and for the business in general.
I love the integration option Slack has because I can use it with multi-useful tools now for example Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Calendar, Zoom, Trello...etc.
Their support is amazing and they have a lot of videos and tutorials about these tools and I learned a lot from them.

Cons

They can improve the mobile app and add more cool features in the future.
They can Improve the search feature because sometimes It's really hard to find something especially if the workspace is big and there are many channels.
They can add a video chat feature to this tool because a lot of companies now are using the video option in other tools for better communication.

Grace
Grace
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 26/06/2018

If you are still using email to communicate at work, I feel bad for you.

Pros

Slack has totally innovated the way our team communicates and our productivity would not be the same without it.

Slack allows you to efficiently communicate with your team in a fun and enjoyable way. Unlike email, messages and files are easily searchable in one search box and slack also collects all of the attachments in your workspace together so they can be easily found.

Slack threads make it easy to organize discussions around certain topics and if the topic is important you can create a channel from the thread itself. You can also make these channels private if not everyone in the workspace should see the conversation.

Slack has incorporated really useful apps. I have taken advantage of the app to send polls to my team, and creating asana tasks right from a message. I also get a message from slack every day listing the events I have on my calendar for the day, and set up a way for students workers to clock-in right from slack. Recently slack has also integrated with Qualtrics, and you can have Qualtrics send slack message triggers which is awesome!

The slack app for ios is great. You can quickly answer co-workers on the go, and you can set your notifications to go on do not disturb during a certain time period each day if you do not want to receive push notifications out of work hours.

Cons

There really aren't many cons to slack although the app on the phone can be a bit buggy at times, but no real complaints and they seem to address any issues with a timely update.

Although slack has a multitude of apps, I do wish there were some apps they had. For instance, I would like the ability to create a google calendar event from a message or send a google calendar invite through slack. Although, they seem to be constantly innovating the platform, so hopefully this will be possible in the future.