About MineralTree Invoice-to-Pay

MineralTree Invoice-to-Pay is a cloud-based payment automation and invoicing solution that caters to small and midsize businesses. By integrating with NetSuite, Intacct, Microsoft Dynamics GP and QuickBooks, MineralTree allows...

Browse MineralTree Invoice-to-Pay Reviews

Jennifer (miki) T.

Reviewed on 27/03/2018

MineralTree has assisted me by allowing me to use email less & by tracking the history of...

Better time management and a faster way to get items approved so I may pay them quickly.

Pros

I like that I may use it with Intacct fairly efficiently. My emails have gone down exponentially since we added MineralTree last year. With so many people offsite, plus with certain in-house authorizers known to lose paperwork, digital was the way to go. However, by using email to send invoices and get the approvals back, I felt like all I did was babysit my A/P email all day, not to mention that I had to stalk some people who simply refused to address the emails. Now I can have most invoices sent by email to my invoice reader account, which drops into MineralTree. I can access it ASAP, or let it read it. If the vendor has one approver, that's set up too, hence cutting down a lot of time attempting to get a simple code and approve done. Truly a time saver.

Cons

There are times I get shuttled into places I didn't attempt to go to, so the system will begin filling in account codes, the wrong approver, etc. Other times I sit waiting for my screen to move, which takes away some of the efficiency I got back from moving things out of email. About 30% of the time, I have to kill the tab, sign back in, and start over. There are times it's my fault because I clicked on something too quickly, but sometimes it just "happens". Glitches are fairly frequent compared to Intacct.

Laura R.
  • Industry: Investment Management

Reviewed on 07/08/2020

Best paperless processing

During the recent pandemic, it was a huge plus that I could still pay anyone virtually, even if the vendor required a paper check. With everyone working remotely I am able to move everything through in a timely manner without seeing a single soul.

Pros

The software was a snap to set up and use with QBO. Approvals are tracked, many less emails, and best of all there is no longer a need to file any paper records. Not seeing the stacks of filing to be done is the best feeling in the world.

Cons

There were many glitches in the beginning as the Mineral Tree team learned what was needed from our end. I still have some open issues from 2 years ago that they cannot solve, so it has become a work around on my side. Not a deal breaker. Credit memo application cannot be done within this software so that is an extra step. If we were a larger company, I would be hesitant about how much time I would have to babysit the process as there are many places where invoices could become trapped and not paid in a timely manner.

Dustin J.

Reviewed on 27/03/2018

Best valued software we have added to our organization in a long time! it's so effecient

Comdata cash back
Increased efficiency
Increased transparency
cloud based operating system

Pros

Customer service is always a phone call away and willing to solve any problem that we run into. Also the software has created much needed transparency for our organization and allowed for our app process to be mobilized and no longer require executives in the office to execute. Not only does the software pay for itself we also have saved hundreds on postage!

Cons

The software has its moments where it is clunky and we are not allowed to make minor changes with completely locking or unlocking editing powers. Also it does not enable the end users to fully track their invoices with as much breath as we would hope. Then there are the little system quirks like having to constantly refresh the keys. With having multiple organizations this become quite the task when they start dropping connection. Then the other pain point would be the bathing to our GL system utilizing GP. Payment batches are delayed a day, and the invoices are all posted to one day instead of their invoice date which would be preferred. Posting at month end with two open periods is a nightmare!

Stuart W.
  • Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 09/07/2018

MineralTree has been a fantastic application for our company's AP processes.

Pros

MineralTree eliminated our paper check system.
The user interface is intuitive.
The dual authentication process ensures system security.
Invoice validation by responsible parties is quick and easy.
Invoice approval by department heads, executives and board members can be done remotely.
Invoice payments have short turnaround time when needed.
MineralTree has made changes based on customer feedback.
Integration with our accounting software has been streamlined without dual entry for AP.

Cons

The refresh process is slow when approving invoices for final payment.
Viewing multiple invoices for payment could have better navigation.
When paying invoices, I have to scroll to see the approvers (icon) for every invoice. Should be moved up to be visible without scrolling.

Vicky B.
  • Industry: Market Research

Reviewed on 13/03/2020

Working Remotely

Pros

Mineral Tree allows the A/P process to flow flawlessly regardless of the location of my team members.

Cons

Applying a credit is tricky. I found a work-around but the feature could be improved.

Ken H.

Reviewed on 29/06/2018

Mineral Tree has made our company's AP process much more efficient.

Pros

The automated capturing of the invoices, the time saved, and most importantly the customer service/MT team.

Cons

The inability to easily search for past vendor payments & invoices, from the invoice posting screen.

Ed M.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Reviewed on 23/11/2015

Easy check managaement!

Pros

Easy to use and a great value! Works well with my QuickBooks program.

Cons

Software updates are a little difficult like any other program changes.

Response from Lauren

Ed, thanks for the review! We are working to improve communication about software updates and make this as easy as possible going forward.

Paige K.

Reviewed on 15/11/2016

Easy to use, missing some features

Mineral Tree was easy to connect to Netsuite and I like the real time sync. Their reporting is a little limited, ie can't run a report on your own to see all invoices pending review by a certain employee. There have been a few bugs that need fixing, but Customer Service is always available to help.

Pros

Easy connection to Netsuite, bills sync in 10 min.

Cons

Still making improvements to the software, limited reporting.

Response from MineralTree

Paige, thanks so much for your review. Our Director of Customer Success will keep you informed as more functionality is rolled out!

• Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 30/07/2019

so easy

Pros

this makes my life so easy when it comes time for me to review and approve invoices. I love it.

Cons

it has a basic layout, but nothing major here.

Response from MineralTree

Thank you for sharing your experience with MineralTree. We're happy to hear our automated AP solution helped streamline your invoice review and approval process!

Replied 31/07/2019
Helen C.

Reviewed on 14/11/2016

Good AP software

Pretty easy to use, connected to Netsuite really quickly, which is a good feature when it comes to closing for the month.

Pros

Connected to Netsuite.

Cons

Needs more work on reporting.

Response from MineralTree

Helen, thanks for your review! Our Director of Customer Success will keep you informed as more functionality is rolled out.

Amanda G.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 07/10/2016

Mineral Tree has saved many a headache!!

I love Mineral Tree! I no longer have to chase paper around the office or remember to pay a certain vendor in the future. All of this means I only have to "touch" an invoice once; which means I have time to focus on other tasks I'm assigned. My managers have transparency with regard to payables.

Don N.

Reviewed on 27/07/2016

Love it, especially with some additional features

Pros

Easy to use, great customer support. The most beneficial part is not having to cut the checks

Cons

Lack of mobile support/responsiveness - Add this and you'll be a very competitive product.
Better User invoice approval process - Currently users have to submit an invoice, then approve. They should be able to submit and approve in the same step.

Response from Lauren

Thanks for your review, Don! We're working to expand our mobile support, and will keep you posted on our progress. We're also continually enhancing our invoice approval configurations, and the setting that you've suggested is high on the list.

Reviewed on 06/10/2017

Great Way to Eliminate Manual Bill Entry into your Accounting Software

Pros

The system captures almost all of pertinent invoice details and creates a journal entry for you. Additionally, it allows for level of QA and approval that was a much need control.

Cons

The system does not currently allow for Credit Memos to be synced with QuickBooks. Also the reporting has improved but could use some more refinement.

Response from MineralTree

Thank for for taking the time to submit a review for MineralTree Invoice-to-Pay. We are thrilled you no longer have to manually enter your bills into QuickBooks!

Replied 09/10/2017
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 11/07/2018

Seamless process for invoice processing

Pros

Mineral tree's alert system makes sure that all parties who need to submit expense reports or freelancer invoices are able to do so quickly, and can update those involved on the status of their claims/payments without bothering our finance team constantly to check status.

Cons

The user interface isn't great, but that is more about personal preference than any functionality issues.

Kelly S.

Reviewed on 15/11/2016

Mineral Tree Review

I like the connection to NetSuite and being able to view the invoice in NetSuite. I would like to see a reporting option in Mineral Tree which we could use to run reports for accrued expenses at month end.

Pros

NetSuite connection

Cons

No reports

Response from MineralTree

Thanks so much for reviewing MineralTree, Kelly! Our Director of Customer Success will keep you informed as more functionality is rolled out.

Ayushi M.

Reviewed on 12/04/2017

Easy to use accounting software

Invoice-to-pay has automated my accounts payable. It is easier to keep a check on due dates and the payment is done automatically. I recommend this software.

Mark P.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 05/10/2016

Great product

Saves time, provides powerful capabilities to small companies.

Pros

Time saving, makes us bigger and more capable without adding accounting resources

Kathleen L.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 05/08/2020

MineralTree Has Streamlined and Automated Our AP

Invoice-To-Pay has definitely sped up our invoice processing and allows us to spend more time to address
other job responsibilities. Having a paperless system has also allowed us to free up space in our office and cut down on lost invoices.

Pros

I love that MineralTree has allowed us to become a paperless system which also allows us to cut back on errors and missing invoices. We moved from NetSuite to MineralTree which also provided a faster way to process an invoice. With just a quick review and a few clicks the invoice is processed and ready for payment.

Cons

I don't like that the software adds purchase orders for a vendor that have been received but have nothing to do with the invoice. I also don't like that the software adds new purchase orders even if a purchase order is already assigned to the invoice.

• Industry: Philanthropy

Seamless AP automation

Reduced AP processing time about 80%.

Pros

Very much like that it integrates directly with our accounting system (we use Sage Intacct). We also wanted a solution with very accurate scanning / input of invoices and that directly supported multiple payment methods. We have been very happy with Mineraltree and believe it has reduced our AP proocessing time by about 80%.

Cons

Overall we have been very happy with the software. It would be nice if you could email a copy of invoice directly from application when you need to refer it to someone for a question but overall this is a minor issue.

Response from MineralTree

We appreciate you taking the time to provide a review for MineralTree. 80% reduction in accounts payable processing time is an excellent endorsement to validate just how effective automation is and it's great that you have benefited from MineralTree.

I would love the chance to thank you and have included my contact information here.

Replied 28/03/2018
Kristi D.

Reviewed on 21/06/2016

Slashing Time

We started using MineralTree hard and fast. We utilized the multiple review & approval process, the document capture and nearly every payment method possible. We saved time being able to pull documents for audit with the great search feature. This used to be time consuming searching in filing cabinets. The payment process saves time where we used to print manual checks, stuff the envelopes and then attach the bill stub to be filed. Now it is at the push of the button. So many of my vendors have commented how they appreciate the email remittance that is sent out with each payment. Then things amped-up when Invoice Automation rolled out. This cut processing time in half.

Pros

The ability to capture and retain documents for review and recovery has been a wonderful resource. Being able to streamline the review, approval, and payment process with such ease has made the accounts payable process mobile which works great with our company. Most of all the continued improvement of the software impresses me. MineralTree continues to strive to fill gaps and provided services that directly benefit the A/P process .

Cons

There is still an opportunity to solve the issue of vendors that require an additional document be included with a payment. These payments are currently still done manually outside of MineralTree.

Response from MineralTree

Thanks for taking the time to review MineralTree, Kristi! Later this year you will see enhancements to our vendor remittance emails allowing you to attach additional documentation.

Replied 13/07/2016
Julie H.

Reviewed on 30/03/2020

Great product! Amazing ROI

This product has changed AP for me personally. It's such a relief to not have to manually be cutting checks or initiating ACH payments. This makes remote AP possible and saves me and my entire team a ton of time. There are also great internal controls built in to decrease accidental mistakes and block fraud.

Pros

I think the very best part of this product is the support team. They have resolved absolutely every issue I've ever had quickly, if not immediately. They are patient, friendly, smart, and fast acting! They improvise and are able to deliver quickly on big requests. 10 out of 10 stars for them!

Cons

The bill credit process needs help. I also cannot get POs in Netsuite to close after I've entered a bill in MT.

Darla W.
  • Industry: Online Media

Reviewed on 14/10/2016

Mineral Tree helps streamline AP Processing for SMB

I've used Mineral Tree with two different software integrations for about 2 years now. I'm impressed with the stability and speed at which improvements and new functionality is introduced. The application provides separate approval workflows for the invoice as well as the payments. This is very valuable in the organizations that I work with as invoices are approved by the various department heads, but the payments are approved by the CFO. No other bill pay solution I've found provides this separation.

Pros

Solid internal control and separation of duties. Also speed at which new features and functionality are delivered.

Cons

Too many clicks to review the history and detail on a paid invoice.

Response from MineralTree

Darla, thanks so much for your review! We're glad you love our segregation of duties functionality.

Candice V.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 13/03/2020

Time Saver

Pros

It is very nice not to print out checks, wait for them to get signed then mail them out. It really has saved us time.

Cons

I wish we could attach a document to go with the check. Some of our Vendors expect a certain paper or report to go with their payment. I have to email that separately.

Elaine C.
  • Industry: Farming

Reviewed on 13/09/2016

Mineral Tree Time Saving

Pros

The ease of the initial installation of Mineral Tree.

Cons

The voice communication has some limitations. It takes a few times to reach a live person.

Julie O.

Reviewed on 30/06/2016

They send check so we don't have to

Pros

That it syncs to our financial systems and updates customer records.

Cons

Sometimes it isn't timely with the syncing between systems.

Response from Lauren

Thanks for taking the time to review MineralTree, Julie. You'll be happy to hear that we are releasing a product update next month that will speed up the time between sync cycles.