Tanda Reviews

About Tanda

Tanda caters to multiple industries including hospitality, education, manufacturing, medical, pharmacy, retail and warehousing. Primary features include employee onboarding, rostering, time clock attendance, leave management and...

4.2
4.1

Browse Tanda Reviews

Kevin

Reviewed on 13/03/2018

my Experience in a few words - sanity saving & so returning control back to the the employer

Sanity

Pros

Ease of use.
Worked times are self-calculating with the flexibility of different breaks included.
Allowing more accurate attendance tracking of our employees.
Links to Award conditions. Allows for automatic Public Holiday & other leave planning.
Allows interrogation of rosters and attendance data to plan finite resources and show the costs associated with proposed rosters.
Allows set-up of roster templates (memorised) to be used over and over.
Allows new employees to fill in their own details into the system. Clerical duties & responsibility back to employees.
No more missing timesheets or timesheets sitting on the desk of a manger awaiting approval.
No more 'the dog ate my timesheet' - Frustration and time-wasting just evaporates.
Allows SMS to be sent to manager and employee if clock-in or clock-out is missing. Gentle reminder that they have stuffed-up (again)..
Exporting capability of completed timesheets into Reckon & XERO - Priceless. Saves duplication & eliminates transposition errors. A huge time-saver.
Allows the attachment of approved leave forms (PH/AL/SL/LWOP) to the event, for full traceability/paper-trail.
Allows to add notes into the timesheet as part of the history of events, i.e. who authorised amended times and why & how this was relayed to payroll.
The thing I like most about TANDA is the feeling that rostering and payroll is NO longer a frustrating & time-wasting chore that has to be done. I feel in control of my function and my efficiency.

Cons

The two control buttons (Clock-in and Clock-out buttons) - even seasoned and reliable employees managed to clock-in (twice) when they were supposed to clock-out. A minor headache, but a redesign would improve the total reliability i.e. if the buttons were further apart or only one showing.

Response from Tanda

Thanks for the review Kevin. Great to hear Tanda is helping so much with your business.

Wes
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 09/07/2020

Paid for itself in the first week.

I’d throughly recommend TANDA to anyone. Having staff log in via a tablet, or via a GPS enabled remote app, means that I’m only paying for the hours staff are working, not from the time they wrote on a timesheet to cover up the early finish or late start. Rostering has gone from a 4 hour manual process to a 4 minute process using templates. The staff have embraced it and is now as much a part of our business as pay day.

Pros

Having been an employee in a business that used TANDA, adopting when I took a managers role inaother company was a no brainer. Having used it from both sides of the fence, its very simple for even the least tech savvy Neanderthal to use. From an employers point of view, rostering, managing leave, payroll, and now the simple method for onboarding new staff, makes this a key part of our business.

Cons

The upgrade from the previous version top the current version made this a much more flexible system, however some features were lost, such as having cost break downs and percentages at the top of the page when doing rosters.

Response from Tanda

Thanks for the review Wes. Great to hear Tanda is helping so much with your business.

Emma
  • Industry: Utilities

Reviewed on 07/06/2022

All good at the start but as time goes on who do you contact....

It has made life at work simpler but when there is a headache or a bump in the road there is a real bump in the road.
Not what I expected and not overall very happy with this software at all.
Communication needs to improve especially with a system that affects payroll. You should be able to get answers sported out in minutes not hrs on these matters.

Pros

Scheduling rosters, employees can create their own leave, qualifications

Cons

When issues with payroll it takes at least 5 hrs for them to get back to you mostly. Can only communicate through chat or email.
The only phone number is... you guessed it for sales and someone is always on the phone happy to take a call. another sale another $

Response from Tanda

Hi Emma,

We received your review on Capterra and we apologise to hear you've had a negative experience with us. Rest assured, we will get in touch with you to hear more of your feedback and make changes to these problems that are causing you difficulty with the product/team.

Thank you for sending us your thoughts. We always appreciate the honest feedback. Our priority is always knowing what the clients have to say above anything else.

The Tanda Team

Replied 16/02/2024

Top Tanda Alternatives

Greg

Reviewed on 18/06/2018

All good

Pros

Timekeeping, Award calculations, Onboarding, Interaction with Payroll

Cons

Late notifications by SMS are inconsistent. Cannot publish a roster without finishing times. Dashboard Weekly Planner cannot show wages costs with On Costs. Onboarding of any Super Fund is not possible

Response from Tanda

Thanks for the review and feedback Greg!

andrew
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 11/09/2019

Tanda Review

better records of absentee, sick leave, annual leave and time keeping

Pros

simple to use once you have set up the staff into the system with hourly rates, the roster can be created well in advance with ease of changes when required, the weekly reports transfer to Excel easily which helps payroll on either a daily or weekly or monthly basis, we use the system for all three variants of Pay cycles with no issues

Cons

only one thin I personally don't like is the auto approve function, this function doesn't allow for any small amounts of overtime ie if the roster was set up with the start and finish time and the employee was to stay back for a short period say 10 minutes to complete a task the auto approve automatically converts the time Back to the Planned working hours within the roster resulting in the employee missing out on the 10 minutes pay unless I double check all clock outs

Response from Tanda

Appreciate your review and feedback Andrew!

Richelle
Richelle

Reviewed on 22/08/2023

Very difficult to deal with.

Tanda is extremely difficult to work with, I requested a 5-minute phone conversation for a couple of issues that when I first signed up I would be able to solve. I don't work consistent hours as I'm currently looking after my children. But Tanda refused to speak to me, and instead told me to send screenshots because they do not call people (Except my accountant, who has had no problem having phone conversations) They could've taken the call and been done with it but instead, choose to make it as difficult as possible for me.

Pros

They have great features and originally were good at the beginning.

Cons

The limited contact, overall rudeness, and lacking accountability with the staff.

Dyllis

Reviewed on 21/03/2023

Employee Rostering and Time Managemetn

Not applicable

Pros

The most I like above Tanda that it is very easy to roster staff, reschedule due to unavailabilty and the time clocking which helps to track staff attendance , which reflects not on their pay cheque but also on performance management

Cons

At times we do have issues with the clocking system as well as the roster shows it is published but on the staff app it shows that the staff is not rostered. This has caused some issues trying to find some one at the last moment

ishbell

Reviewed on 04/07/2019

Tanda Software

Roster can be duplicated between weeks which is excellent as my staff have set rosters.

Timesheets can be updated and approved daily, which creates more efficient payroll processing at the end of the pay fortnight.

Pros

Ease of use, functionality, rostering system, helpfulness of Tanda staff during initial enquiry.

Cons

Can be occasional glitches when software is being updated but these have been resolved when we have contacted Tanda support

Response from Tanda

Thanks for the review Ishbell. Great to hear Tanda is helping so much with your business.

Claudine

Reviewed on 22/03/2023

Tanda

Excellent it has been a great time and cost saving measure

Pros

Rostering and timesheets has saved us a lot of time using manual spreadsheets and timesheets and is more accurate. Also assists us in costing our labour

Cons

Data sometimes imports into our payroll software incorrectly, need to make manual changes

Peta

Reviewed on 21/03/2023

Make life easier using Tanda for all your HR and Payroll Accounting needs

100% positive, recommended it to many individuals.

Pros

Functional, very easy to use. For many of our staff English is a second language, they find the system very straight forward to onboard and utilise to log their unavailability and clock on and off.

Cons

More indepth tailored hour costing reports would be great.

Ashani
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 02/04/2019

Not user friendly (Payroll perspective) for end user

No positive comments about it yet. Lot of improvements need to be done in the system. As I have use several T&A systems and compared to them this system is not that user friendly to the end user (payroll)

Pros

No positive comments about this system yet

Cons

1.Overall system is very slow
2.Cannot filter employee by employee codes in Timesheets
3.Leave pending list is very slow, cannot filter by employee code, store location or state
4.To search one employee to another you have to go back and forth to the main screen (No search bar for all the screen) or you have to open several TANDA screens
5.Employees can clock in with wrong pass codes which will lead them to use some one else's profile and timesheets( A good T&A system should come up with an error when some one use wrong passcode)

Response from Tanda

Hi Ashani,

If you have any more concerns, please give us a call at +61 300 859 117.

The Tanda Team

Rebecc
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 04/09/2019

Tanda is the best. Forget the rest.

It’s been a fantastic experience and I love the Tanda is growing, improving and getting better each month. I thought it was cool 10 months ago. And now it’s even cooler. The company is always looking at ways they can be the best!

Pros

It’s efficiency on time and practicality. Its a quick software to learn too!

Cons

When my team clocks on and off it sometimes won’t clock them off correctly. For example, clocking off but saying they are still clocked on? Could be my workers however not pressing correct buttons and not software?? But it seems to be re-occurring issue for my team.

Response from Tanda

Appreciate your review and feedback Rebecca!

Camellia

Reviewed on 06/07/2019

Excellent

It benefit me of saving time everything was so easy to use. The team was there if need it help.

Pros

Very easy to use. The team very helpful and friendly.

Cons

Nothing much to say! I have no negative or a least about this software

Response from Tanda

Thanks for the review Camellia. Great to hear Tanda is helping so much with your business.

Libbi
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 04/10/2021

We like TANDA!

Customer service is so so good!
I saw one review saying that they don’t care about that, and I can’t understand that. I feel like I gave customer service on tap, and we are only an organisation if 40 -50 it so.

Pros

It is so thrilling to set up and customise. It has loads of tutorials and features. You find more customisable options the longer you use TANDA. It keeps an organisation very compliant re Fair Work / Awards.

Cons

The need to make many award rules to override rules that are not necessary for our organisation. I wish you could simply click options within the staff profile that said - hours past 38 are volunteer if TOIL.
I wish each staff member was easier to customise. As we are a non profit, we can’t pay over time and things like that, and we have agreements in place for Toil / volunteer time.

Response from Tanda

Thanks for the review Libbi. Great to hear Tanda is helping so much with your organisation.

Brett
  • Industry: Veterinary

Reviewed on 15/06/2017

We use Tanda effectively for rostering and electronic time sheets

Effective rostering

Pros

Effective for rostering allows us to check staffing across the entire company at glance. The electronic time cards are also a great tool.

Cons

Still not integrated with Veterinary Award . without the integration it is difficult to combine with payroll. Once integrated we will save a lot of time and money.

Response from Tanda

Thanks for the review Brett. We very much appreciate your feedback.

Fiona
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 27/03/2019

Tanda Review

I am solving the issue of staff arriving late for their shift with Tanda - what gets clocked is what gets paid so there is a big i captive for them to be on time.

Pros

I love that my staff can enter leave requests direct into tanda which once approve show up on my roster each week. My staff love that they get a text each week and can easily see their rostered shifts

Cons

I have not found any cons with this software

Response from Tanda

Thanks for the review Fiona. Great to hear Tanda is helping so much with your business.

Lauren

Reviewed on 27/03/2019

Tanda Review

Overall our experience with Tanda and their teams has been positive. We've had the usual teething issues and times where things didn't work how we would like but Tanda have always been there to assist, listen and try to fix the issues.

Pros

- handled our complex award for costings
- reasonably easy to use
- good customer service/support
- constantly improving the product based on user feedback

Cons

- a few aspects it doesn't handle well

Response from Tanda

Appreciate your review and feedback Lauren!

Daisy

Reviewed on 27/02/2018

So straightforward to use - intuitive interface and incredibly helpful customer support!

Pros

How easy it is to use. Everything works exactly as it should do, and it takes no time at all to go in and sort timesheets or check who is in the office. I love that it takes pics when you use the clocking-in tablet so you can be extra certain that people don't check in on someone else's behalf.

Cons

It is definitely more suited to people who work shifts. It would be fab if there was an option when you set up a user to select either 'shift' or 'set hours' and then just put their hours in right from the start. It would also be great if you could download all of the photos that are taken, as we really wanted to turn these into a video at the end of the year :)

Response from Tanda

Thanks for the review Daisy. Great to hear Tanda is helping so much with your business.

Renaldo

Reviewed on 13/03/2018

I find Tanda very user-friendly. Great product and real value for money.

Accuracy has improved . There is no need to worry about complying to the specific Awards. Saving lots of time on payroll processing.

Pros

Very user-friendly. Very easy to set up . Various reports available. Very accurate and up to date with latest Awards.

Cons

Additional reports would ad value ,for example leave summary reports.

Response from Tanda

Thanks for the review Renaldo. Great to hear Tanda is helping so much with your business.

Doug
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 31/01/2019

A great looking and easy to use time clock!

Great product and great customer service!

Pros

User-friendly and nice looking graphic interface.

Cons

I have no complaints, to be truthfully honest.

Response from Tanda

Thanks for the review and feedback Doug!

Brianne
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 19/04/2019

Tanda made a huge difference for my company.

Before Tanda all my employees would simply text me their hours and at what job sites. We all know that isn't the most accurate way to keep track of hours. I can already tell I will be saving a lot of money having Tanda's easy time clock app.

Pros

The time-clock app makes it easy and accurate for my carpenters to clock in/out right on site with the click of a button. Its very simple to use and even my older employees caught on quickly.

Cons

So far nothing, the software has more to offer than I even need. The prices aren't bad either, before deciding on Tanda I researched several other apps and no prices compared.

Response from Tanda

Thanks for the review Brianne. Great to hear Tanda is helping so much with your business.

Christian
Christian

Reviewed on 25/04/2018

Excellent and easy

Pros

Software is quite easy to set up but more importantly quite easy to use for employees.
Product support and help is exceptional and the whiole team hasbeen very helpfull. I was guided through the steps and any queries were asked very promptly. Integration with QuickBooks & KOUNTA is a great feature.

Cons

The superannuation add on has to be seperatly activated due to privacy law requirements - I wish I had known this upfront as I started onboarding without it. Only a minor issue though as only two employees were affected.

Response from Tanda

Thanks for the review Christian. Great to hear Tanda is helping so much with your business.

Pankaj
Pankaj
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 03/08/2018

Tanda Review

Pros

Usability, Time clocks can be used at multiple location. Easy to manage hours in correct and efficient manner

Cons

Software is good. It should allow to send custom text messages or emails to employees.

Response from Tanda

Thanks for the review and feedback Pankaj!

• Industry: Medical Devices

Reviewed on 26/03/2019

Good time tracking service with Great Potential

Previously we had issues geolocking our employees to logging into their time cards on site, Tanda solves this with its use of the iPads at our workplace that require our employees to log in from those devices. Tanda then seamlessly imports over our time cards to our payroll service so that we can easily track and pay employees without any workarounds.

Pros

Customer Service and ease of use, was easy to get set up and at a very affordable price.

Cons

User interface and menus sometimes felt cluttered and could use a clean up. a More streamlined and focused homepage specifically.

Response from Tanda

Appreciate your review and feedback Chris!

Ivan

Reviewed on 03/09/2018

Great Platform

I love Tanda. If there is ever an issue, it's resolved quickly without a fuss. The constant upgrades to the platform shows that Tanda is keeping up with the times.

Pros

Love that all the hard work with payroll is taken care of by Tanda

Cons

A few more reporting features would be good, but time will sort those out

Response from Tanda

Thanks for the review Ivan. Great to hear Tanda is helping so much with your business.