Instapage Reviews

About Instapage

Instapage is a cloud-based landing page solution designed for marketers and businesses of all sizes and verticals. Without a developer, they can build sleek, mobile-responsive web pages that improve campaign results and ROI....

4.2

Browse Instapage Reviews

Mercedes
Mercedes

Reviewed on 06/02/2020

Time saver!!

Instapage gives our developer a break from small site projects and allows for the rest of our team to dive into creating landing pages and learning to customize mini-sites!

Pros

Instapage allows for our team to quickly and beautifully set up landing pages or mini-sites without having to get our developer involved! That alone is a huge win! I love the drag and drop feature that allows to easily incorporate different widgets, forms, text boxes, etc. Instapage offers a lot of customization features, making it easy to brand the page exactly how you'd like. Another feature I find useful is that you can optimize the page for mobile with one easy click.

Cons

I have yet to find any cons for InstaPage yet. It has performed well so far and offers exactly what we needed.

Vanessa Alejandra
Vanessa Alejandra

Reviewed on 22/09/2020

Easy way to create and manage landing pages

My experience with Instapage has been very good, it simplified me a lot when we design the landing pages of our company and allowed me to follow up with Google Analytics, Facebook and with Active Campaign (our CRM tool) and to be able to identify the leads we receive through the form.
I recommend it 100% for those people who are starting to manage their company.

Pros

What I most like about Instapage is the easy way to edite and create landing pages and to integrate the platform with Active Campaign, Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics and also for installing the Facebook pixel, wich allow us to track campaigns and traffic to the website.
Also the support is magnificent. All the times I contacted them requesting for help in my websites, they were very quick, agile and diligent.

Cons

The less that I like, is the responsive design, for mobile. They generate an automatic design but it doesn't have a good UX design. So, the changes are made on the landing page and are "duplicated" in the responsive design but you cannot edit text or images, they must be do it on the main design of the landing. The editing for mobile should be much more intuitive.

Aaron
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 18/02/2022

Predatory billing practices, shyster customer service department

First, the product did not deliver results. It's just not very good. But forget that for now.

Instapage wins the Olympic Gold medal for the single worst SaaS customer service experience I have ever encountered. They have this dirty practice where they quietly auto-renew your annual plan (for $2k), then give you 24 hours to notify them that you didn't want to be charged, after which their policy states they will not refund you. And, indeed, they do not.

Consider that this is a software product, so their cost of delivery is the cost of hosting a website with no traffic. In other words, negligible. Nearly everyone else in this industry offers money-back guarantees, whereas Instapage just tries to keep your money without delivering value.

Do not buy this product.

Pros

The design is pretty and they are good at selling you during your initial adoption curve.

Cons

The software is not worth the money, but worse yet, the company will find ways to charge you even if you are not using the product.

The fact is, the landing pages are slow and they have very poor SEO (meaning you need a different landing page builder for organic traffic, you'd be better off just using that one instead). The builder really isn't that good. Features like heatmaps really aren't that useful unless you're optimizing at the margin for super high-traffic pages, which, unless you're Amazon. probably isn't your use case.

Most important: If you want to cancel, you need to 1) remember when your annual renewal is and then 2) email them a month in advance. For a company that specializes in apparently easy user experiences, you can infer that they are deliberately making this as difficult as possible. This should tell you everything you need to know about Instapage's business ethos.

Top Instapage Alternatives

Garrett
Garrett

Reviewed on 03/08/2018

Fantastic way to build landing pages for PPC and other programs

I really enjoy building landing pages in Instapage. They look great and function really well. Again, I just wish they had a native integration with Pardot instead of just hoping people will use the terrible Zapier-Pardot integration as a workaround.

Pros

Instapage is so easy to use it's almost ridiculous. The pages look great and you can totally customize the mobile versions of each page as well to make sure that everything looks good. There are a ton of options for different "blocks" to place on your pages and you can fully customize anything within a block. I chose Instapage over Unbounce because it was slighly less expensive and I'd read that the featureset is a little more extensive.

Cons

The one thing that really irks me about Instapage (at the time of writing this review), is that it doesn't have a Pardot integration to directly pipe leads into our Marketing Automation platform. There is a Hubspot integration, but for some reason no Pardot one. I've found articles on setting up webhooks to push leads into a form handler but it doesn't seem to work. Using an HTML-embedded Pardot form doesn't work either as the form doesn't render. I'd give Instapage 5/5 across the board if they would add a native Pardot integration.

One other thing I've noticed is that sometimes when you make a large number of updates to a landing page, it can be a bit sluggish before the updates show up on the live page (an hour or more in some cases).

Eric
Eric
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 04/05/2015

Great Customer Service, Super Easy to Use. Has a few limitations

This site is awesome. Let me tell you its so easy to set up a landing page and their templates are amazing. The only problem is that its really built for a landing page only. As in one single page. Would be great to see it incorporate a few more pages so you could build out almost a complete site for an app. Since my product is an app i dont need a dense website but i do need navigation and maybe 5-10 pages. Would be awesome if i could do that on here. Its the only problem i have with the site

Fast to setup
Great looking templates
Awesome Customer Service

Cons

Hard to build multiple connecting pages (even if only a couple)
Really designed as a single page builder for one specific product
Hard to use if trying to build out a business site for an App.

Response from Instapage

Thank you so much for the review Eric!

Landing pages are generally focused on converting immediately so we didn't focus on gearing the system directly towards multiple page sites; however mini-sites are very useful and linking multiple pages in a funnel is always a great system to test.

It is very easy to create a menu system or a "multi-page site" site by simply linking a button, image, or text to another landing page or another URL.

We created a demo video for you here that shows you how to quickly do both options:

Also here is a 30 second video showing you how to redirect a form submission to another page or URL (thank you page):

All of our pages are now automatically mobile responsive as well so you don't have to design each page twice - you can quickly design 5 or even 10 pages and then link them all together and those links will automatically work the same on any device:

We hope this helped! Thank you again for your feedback :)

Replied 04/05/2015

Reviewed on 04/12/2018

The best landing page builder for agencies

Overall, if you're an agency, Instapage is the best option available. We've tried them all... trust me. :)

Pros

Instapage is the easiest, most scalable solution for agencies. The builder is super easy to learn, the integration with WordPress is seamless, and the ability to duplicate pages for scale and to collaborate with your team and/or clients is industry-leading.

Cons

There aren't too many cons, but I do wish there was more options for forms and lead notifications. Also, the pricing structure recently jumped up to enterprise-only level pricing which can put a strain on smaller agencies.

Carlos
Carlos

Reviewed on 26/05/2022

My tool of choice for landing page creation

Very good experience. I would recommend it to my colleagues.

Pros

It allows me to create professional-looking landing pages without coding. The integrations work great to track the performance of my campaigns. It's really easy to set up and use.

Cons

I wish it had better analytics.
Better control over conversion actions on the pages.
More design tools.
The price is a little high, but I think it's worth it.

Juan Carlos
Juan Carlos

Reviewed on 16/04/2018

One of the best landing page creators I have worked with.

Very easy to keep projects organized and therefore it saves me a lot of time when it comes to generating reports.

Pros

Easy to use, no coding required, easy to integrate with multiple platforms including, AdWords, Facebook, Analytics, Zapier, and many more. I love the fact that you can edit the Mobile version of each landing page. Instapage gives you full control and there is no limit as to what you can design. Very robust platform.

Cons

Some of the features are reserved for the higher plans but nonetheless, the basic plan works great.

Nicolás
Nicolás
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 23/04/2015

By far the best landing page drag and drop service out there.

As a digital marketing consultant and programmer, I used to build multiple landing pages for many of my clients. Back in the day, my process would go as follows:
-Design landing in Photoshop
-Code html/css
-Upload file to server/wp
(or worse)
-Build landing on services such as leadpages, that really constrain your options in terms of design

Then I discovered Instapage, which for me is the only true drag and drop service out there. Instapage allows me to drop anything, anywhere. It is like designing on photoshop and having the code churned straight out, and it's saving me HOURS!

Not only that, but it's A/B testing and analytics capabilities are out of this world. I would recommend Instapage to anyone: from programmers and designers looking to save time to business owners looking to save money in professional looking landing pages.

Their free trial is good enough for small business. Their first paid plan goes for 19$/mo which is a very competitive price for that amount of value.

Pros

-Fast
-Reliable
-In app analytics
-In app AB tests
-SEO optimization
-Fully customizable
-Best in class drag and drop landing pages
-Forms
-Full integration with google docs, mailchimp and a long etc

Cons

Being extremely picky:
-The way dragging items work was not intuitive for me: you can drag from inside the item, but not from the border.

Response from Instapage

This is a great breakdown, thanks so much!

Our pricing model is actually totally freemium! That means you don't have to stress over a free trial time limit or give away your credit card info before you know that the product works for you.

You can edit, build, and test 1 page for 100% free and upgrade only when you are ready!

Thanks again!

Replied 23/04/2015
Jorge
Jorge
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Reviewed on 19/05/2015

Simple and Powerful

I am constantly working in personal projects and experiments to test some theories or ideas I have about Digital. I started more active executing these experiments in 2007 (Symposier.com). After 8 years I had produced 6 different experiments and multiple versions of each one of them and for every initiative and every new version the need of updating and managing the micro-site or landing page, that introduced the concept to its audience, was a complex activity... not because the web is difficult, but because I needed just ONE PAGE a Landing Page and the alternative then and now are focus on more... Square Space looks great, but their landing pages are not efficient (for me); WordPress or hosted Drupal were way more vs what I needed and I needed up always asking a developer to build what I needed...until last week.

By accident, I landed on Instapage.com and since then I have been working on it by my self, adjusting my landing pages and campaigns in the must simple way and without compromising power or quality. The authoring tools are intuitive, the templates are attractive and the support was amazing the first time I needed.

I highly recommend it for small business, personal projects or experimental initiatives. I haven't explored any enterprise feature at Instapage, because I haven't had the need, but for all of the above looks like the right tool to create, publish and manage your marketing communications to multiple audiences.

Pros

Cons

haven't found an important issue. So far just adding fonts or advance customization require more coding and is not as automated as the rest of the app

Mathew
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Reviewed on 04/06/2022

Easy to use and very effective in lead generation and tracking!

We mostly use this for specific projects or products that we do not want to dedicate an entire webpage to, and that we want to keep specific track of. It makes it really easy to track who is interested in what and what needs more attention.

Pros

I like that you need no experience to figure out how to use this. It is so simple and straight forward! Additionally, it has a lot of easy integrations and things you can customize to fit your brand.

Cons

This product is great, but many other software/service providers offer free landing page software. (e.g. MailChimp) This makes it hard to justify the added expense.

Mailchimp
Graham

Reviewed on 07/06/2022

The best among all options (I've used them all)

Love using instapage. I wish there were more pages included with the subscription tier we're on (this is it's only weak point). The best usability. I love instapage.

Pros

Easy to navigate and set up, both from implementation through the later day-to-day use. Love the experimentation (A/B (even C/D/E...) testing) framework. Great integrations with CRMs and marketing automation that allows us to sync the systems. The absolute best design interface and usability, bar none. Usability is my favorite feature after using other tools like Unbounce, which is much harder to use and more limiting and less intuitive and intelligent.

Cons

Costlier than other options. The experimentation screen is new and, I think, could be improved a bit to streamline, but the core experimentation features are very strong.

Unbounce

Reasons for Switching to Instapage

features, usability

Reviewed on 01/05/2019

I can design and launch attractive landing pages in minutes!

In my experiences, Instapage really is a lifesaver when it comes to landing pages and I find myself constantly using the software for most of clients.

Pros

I love how easy it is to design great looking landing pages that convert visitors into customers. From a marketing perspective, I need landing pages that not only look good, they also need to perform well. Some clients need a very customized branding and look to their landing pages. Some clients need their landing pages to look like other pages on their websites. With Instapage I can quickly visualize our landing page design goals and get feedback on that design from clients in minutes.

Cons

I always appreciate seeing additional design templates.

Stephen

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

They just increase their price by 200%

I will not recommend this web site to anyone. They have the worst service ever. Many times our server and our domain was down without any action from the company.

Pros

It is easy software to use but they have worst business practices. Their software is OK. but they are very unprofessional

Cons

They just selected few of their clients and increase the price by 200%. This is not a professional business practice. They think they are the best . But there are so many other options out there. They want you to pay few thousands of dollar to capture your leads.

Response from Instapage

Hi Stephen. I am sorry for your negative experience with our service :(

We launched two new products because of the user feedback we've collected over the years and the state of the market at this point. There are indeed other landing page builders out there, but none offer the same post-click optimization for your ads the way our service does. Regarding the uptime, we have a 99.6% uptime in the last few months; you might have been unfortunate to hit that 0.4% time frame when the servers were down.

I hope you get some great results from your landing pages in the future!

Replied 07/01/2020
Madhusudan

Reviewed on 21/02/2023

Instapage offers excellent customer service.

It is assisting us in mass producing landing pages and speeding up client turnaround times. It has served as the centrepiece of each of our Google ad campaigns and has aided in raising client conversion rates.

Pros

Anyone may now easily create landing pages thanks to Instapage. Everyone on our team, from novices to experts, has been able to create beautiful pages that convert well and generate a high return on investment. Instapage's usability is straightforward, works well for the most fundamental requirements, and enables us to design pages according to our needs.

Cons

On the platform itself, the conversion tracking is not very analytical. Also inaccurate, or at least quite perplexing, are the "links on page." Another issue is that it would be fantastic if we could overlay text on top of images in terms of image features.

Nkululeko

Reviewed on 03/04/2020

Instapage review

It helps me and my team to be gives the best to our clients.

Pros

Most thing I like about Instapage it integrated easily with our existing CRM system.

For us, we're able to give our clients best and converting landing pages. It really requires much technical skills it has frequently user interface.

It allows us to create a variety of landing pages so that we can do Split test to find a convertible landing page.

If you really have no idea where to start Instapage gives you best templates that you can drag and drop and give them your personal touch.

They have a most outstanding customer support.

Cons

Mobile device- if you've been designing your landing page on your desktop on the mobile devices some it becomes something you were not expected or you like.

Charles

Reviewed on 03/06/2022

InstaPage is easy to get started and loved by marketers

The software works well and is reliable. The marketing team loves it. The price is on the higher end but it's the type of product that you don't have to think too much about once you've purchased it.

Pros

It's quick to set up, adding domains and sites is quick and painless, it is generally loved by the marketers

Cons

The billing process is difficult and doesn't work well with bursty traffic. Best to start off with a sales rep to explore all options

• Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 06/07/2023

Not a lot for what you pay - lots of glitches.

The product is quite limited for what you pay.Elementor on wordpress does more for 1/12th the cost. Canva nearly does all that instapage offers. Canva seems to be trending in this direction. Can't wait to jump ship.

Pros

A website landing page tool. I dont really know what is to like about it. So many ways for it to be better but it seems they are content in mediocrity.

Cons

- Glitchy drag and drop builder- Labourous building- Limited options and elements- Conversions arent trackable by type of button, link or callLanding pages look awful on modern wide screens or big monitors. Only reactive by pixels not percentages.html code can't be contained within blocks??The main part of Instapage is to measure leads and conversions yet it gives an awful layout of your analytics.

Ayesha
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 13/07/2022

Instapage review

Pros

I adored the freedom the developer gave us, but how brilliantly we could apply specific components across all presentation pages.

Cons

There was a period during which a few highlights were a piece buggy - like the text style would change naturally, without an explanation, when we were composing on the page. Or then again there were a few senseless impediments while setting pictures at the edges of the strip, yet other than that we generally had a great deal of adaptability

Reviewed on 03/10/2018

Instapage is fading

It's okay to start with as the simplicity keeps the user focused on making a bare-bones yet functional page or series of pages.

There are several other platforms that have much more to offer at the same price point which also matches the ease of use Instapage offers.

Pros

The platform is easy to use due to the drag and drop features.
This makes building an aesthetically pleasing webpage easy.

Cons

The mobile responsiveness was terrible and required a lot of tweaking and in some instances, I just turned it off completely.

Customizing forms is difficult as well. In order to incorporate some basic functions the user will need to have more than a basic understanding of html which is a drawback.

beverly

Reviewed on 02/06/2022

Essential tool for campaigns, easy to use

Positive experience. Works well and helps me get campaigns out quickly.

Pros

Ease of use, great customer support when I don't know how to do something

Cons

Price. Wish it cost less -- we're a heavy user so wish I got more pages for the $$$

junior
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 28/11/2022

positive review

the resource has helped me due to its dynamism and has contributed in several aspects to my work.

Pros

easy to use and that present a very good quality.

Cons

What I least liked is that some moments there is a limitation of some resources.

Mo

Reviewed on 03/06/2022

Great Customer Service

Pros

Customer service was very speedy and helpful.
Interface is easy to use and has all the integrations I need!

Cons

The user interface is easy to use but could be more aesthetically pleasing and more modern.

Bao

Reviewed on 04/05/2023

Great for AB testing but not good for creative building.

It's okay for me, but I'm happy with it overall due to how much testing we need to do.

Pros

Testing, analytic dashboard, easy to publish LPs.

Cons

Not user-friendly when it comes to different types of widgets. Cannot export all LPs' data at once. Lots of random bugs when new features are being introduced.

Victor

Reviewed on 19/07/2017

Simple to use. Does everything I need.

Pros

What I like most about the software is that it's very simple to use yet powerful. The templates provided are really great and setting up new landing pages is quick and easy.

Cons

After someone fills out a form there is a "Processing" screen the person sees before they are redirected to the next page. It would be nice to speed up the transition time and do away with the processing screen.