About AccountEdge

AccountEdge is an on-premise accounting and management solution compatible with both Mac and Windows operating systems. This solution is suitable for small businesses and helps users create and track sales and purchases, run...

Browse AccountEdge Reviews

• Industry: Photography

Reviewed on 11/09/2018

Longtime user. Could be better, but has been solid for us.

Generally good. Been using it for over a decade and it meets the needs of our publishing and consulting business just fine.

Pros

Fairly customizable to meet our unique needs. Love that payroll and inventory tracking are built in, not some extra service. Also tax forms (which are an additional fee), and credit card processing (but would be nice to use Stripe instead). Just added kits for inventory, which is long overdue. Basically it's one stop shop for us and meets all accounting, inventory, POS needs for phone sales.

Cons

That it is not an entirely online software solution so that we could easily (at no extra cost) access and work with data anywhere. That it does not integrate seamlessly with our ecommerce software (only works with Shopify, which is a more expensive and less flexible option than Bigcommerce). The tax form should integrate more seamlessly and be part of the monthly support fee.

Gary K.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 10/09/2018

So Easy Even I Can Do it!

Pros

AccountEdge Pro is so easy to work with. Although there is a small learning curve at the beginning, it is a simple system that allows me to handle all the accounting needs I have.

Cons

Hard to find any real issues with AccountEdge to complain about. I do have to give it thought when I change from one banking account to another.. I have to make sure that I'm using the correct checks.

very good overall

i believe the key word is "control" of the business finances through generally simple, user-friendly management of income, expenses, financial reports and tax preparations for the accounting firm.

Pros

generally user-friendly even for those like I who are not accounting-knowledgeable, good, patient, friendly accounting/tech support. although MYOB ownership and name has changed over the years, service quality, continuity and evolution has been smooth and positive.

Cons

a little expensive for a single person business and a couple of times there have been two situations where accounting support instructions to solution have not worked - albeit only twice over all these years.

Gary C.

Reviewed on 02/12/2016

Great Small Business Accounting Software

I love AccountEdge. AccountEdge I consider the best small and medium business software on the market.
Beyond AccountEdge, I have used and taught other people Peachtree, Sage, Quickbooks, and Simply Accounting. So I have experience with a lot of accounting software.
1 - AccountEdge has AR, AP, GL, Payroll, Time Billing, and Inventory all built in.
2 - Payroll processing and basic tax forms, can be done by yourself without having pay extra (They only charge to update tax tables)
3 - They have free iPhone and iPad apps
4 - The software does Retainers / Escrow / Trusts
5 - The software has UPS shipping integration built in for no extra charge
6 - Multiple Location Inventory Tracking for no extra charge
7 - The file is cross platform, its the same for both Mac and Windows
8 - You can get a free copy of program for your accountant
9 - You can import and export most the data
10-The feature set is equilivant to the higher end versions of Sage and Quickbooks.
11-Accountedge is a lot cheaper.

Pros

Ease of use for the number of features

Cons

Slow performance during some functions.

John L.

Reviewed on 09/01/2018

AccountEdge for Mac

AccountEdge is a solid Accounting System, however, the Paid support is lacking. The support Staff are not overly familiar with the product they are supposed to be supporting, and you are put on hold constantly why they "research" your issue.

Pros

AccountEdge for Mac is a solid Accounting Program. It allows me to keep track of everything financially related to my company. It also allows me to do my own Payroll, which is helpful.

Cons

The product does not support iOS devices very well. It has not updated its AccountEdge for iPhone application to keep up with its competitors. My Personal iBank iPhone application integrates seamlessly to my Desktop program, allowing me to keep track of my finances in real time, on the go.

Jamie G.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Great software

It's been great and will continue to use the software for many years.

Pros

I've been using Accountedge since it was MYOB. The software is easy to move around and learn even for someone who's never used an accounting program before.

Cons

No availability, like a competitor, to have access online especially when it would come to scanning and saving an invoice (online) so it doesn't use up your personal harddrive in the event of a crash as well.

Jeremy B.
  • Industry: Law Practice

AccountEdge Pro review

I have been very happy with AccountEdge Pro since moving from another piece of software that could not easily handle retainers. I run a law office and this feature is very important to keep track of clients deposits.

Pros

I enjoy the number of features, like the built in payroll option, custom invoices, and the ability to handle retainers.

Cons

The software can take some time to learn to use if you are not familiar with accounting rules.

Claudia G.
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 17/11/2016

A jewel for small/medium size business!

I started using AccountEdge in 2006 on my Mac. Soon I discovered that it has much better accounting options, it is user friendly, and better use of time with lesser chances of errors. I have not found to date any limitations. Customer service is outstanding. Lastly, my accountant loved the options for payroll that are included.

Pros

Easy to use and great support if needed.

Cons

CRM integration partners are pricey.

Michele W.

Reviewed on 10/09/2018

Great overall Accounting Software!

Overall very good accounting software. We've used it from the very beginning when it was MYOB. It's nice to see it keep getting better and better!

Pros

Great payroll tools and inventory management

Cons

Needs more in depth client management/contact. Also would like inventory ability to combine products for price breaks and more price break columns

George S.

Former Peachtree user

It is much easier to add accounts "on the fly" as our record keeping needs evolve.

Pros

I like having my program residing on my hard drive rather than having to "rent" the service forever.

Cons

I'm not sure that there are really any highly objectionable features. Accountedge does take a while to set up, but I feel that it is really under my supervision at every step of the process.

Robert M.

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

Great accounting software

Great program and we have been using it for over 6 years now.

Pros

Easy to use and great for running reports to track our numbers.

Cons

The apperance of the software is a little dated.

Natalie H.
  • Industry: Law Practice

I'm loving it.

AccountEdge Pro has everything you could possibly want in an accounting software and more. There is a bit of a learning curve to it, but the online tutorials and step-by-step help answers have walked me through almost every problem I've encountered thus far. Now that I'm using AccountEdge Pro regularly, I am able to look at my business' numbers and make financial decisions in an instant without having to guess about where we stand financially and what we can expect coming up.

Pros

AccountEdge Pro has everything I need and then some. No matter how big my business grows, I have confidence that AEPro will be able to accommodate me.

Cons

The learning curve can be steep. Some vocabulary is slightly different than what I'm used to using, so finding relevant answers in the help center sometimes takes a bit of creativity. Once the correct topic has been found, however, the answers are extremely easy to follow.

Chris S.
  • Industry: Philanthropy
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 26/07/2018

Fantastic Software for smaller companies

I used it since it was MYOB and it has never let me down.

Pros

Ease of use; Drill down capabilities; Multiple reports

This program is ideal for a "simple" operation. That is, one location, even if it has multiple services and products. It can handle multiple companies, but if you are a conglomerate with 3+ locations and require consolidated statements, this will not due. It's AR,AP, payroll and billing functions are sufficient and I've never had data corruption issues.

Cons

Nothing I have come across, but this is great software for a simple GL. You can have tons of accounts, but if you want departments or cost centres, it becomes a bit more tricky.

I will advise you can only keep 3 years of data on it Depending on what you do, you may prefer the ability to drill down 5-10 years in your history..

Susan R.
  • Industry: Farming

Reviewed on 24/09/2018

Using Account Edge

Pros

I started using your program years ago when it was called MYOB. Even though I don't use all of the features in the software I continue using it and keeping it updated. I have found that it is easy to navigate through and Tech support can always help me when I have a problem, which isn't that often.

Cons

When my customized forms don't transfer in the update .

Stephanie H.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 21/09/2018

Mac Accounting Program

I have had a good experience with this program.

Pros

I like that this program is extremely Mac friendly. I appreciate that the customer support is able to navigate questions.

Cons

There are so many features packed into this software; often some of the features can be hard to find.

Buddy F.
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 01/03/2019

Slowness of closing year

Pros

It is usable on MAC. Bank reconciliation is ok.

Cons

It has taken 5 hours for software to close a fiscal year.
Entering dates is very unfriendly.

Gary P.

Always Improving

Been using AccountEdge Pro for 12 years and I’m completely satisfied with this product.

Pros

Works great for us Mac users and the features improve with every upgrade.

Cons

Have to customize forms with every upgrade.

Response from Acclivity

Hi Gary,

Very happy to hear that AccountEdge is working well for your business.

We do offer an upgrade tool for your Customized Forms so you don't need to recreate them when you get a new version.

Here is a link to the support article to walk you through the process the next time you upgrade: http://support.accountedge.com/kb/upgrading/upgrading-company-file#FORMS2012

- AccountEdge Customer Care Team

Replied 11/09/2018
  • Industry: Medical Practice

AccountEdge Pro

See above

Pros

I bought the original software a long time ago because it was Mac based. I am only a Mac user.

Cons

I wish the decimal point floated. I know that that sounds silly but it would be nice. Plus, there needs to be a better way to put in "online" payments in check book. I only use checkbook and payroll. All the rest is a waste for me.

Karen S.

my program

it's great for custom reports, breaking down expenses for each job, setting up vendors and customers with custom pricing, discounts, shipping, and tax information as well as detailed contact information.

Pros

It is very easy to set up your company. It is very easy to navigate through the program. It has all the features that the big name overpriced software companies have and more. It works great for our air conditioning company with accounting that can be broken down by jobs. The payroll service is very easy to use and they keep it updated all the time. I think I have only called customer support 2 times and both times they had my questions answered right then. I would recommend this software to anyone needing to breakdown your accounting for custom reports, job tracking, employee handling.

Cons

The one pet peeve I have is that most of the payroll reports don't have totals you have to export them to excel and reconfigure them to get your totals or total everything by hand. Some of the reports they way they are laid out make it very hard to reconfigure them in excel. It doesn't let you access history more than two years so you have to look up on your back ups if you need to find something older.

Paul D.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 05/12/2016

Terrific accounting software for volunteer treasurer's

AccountEdge Pro and earlier products all the way back to earlier software products have provided a way for me to serve as a volunteer treasurer at my church, homeowners association and civic association over many years. AccountEdge Pro provides all the features needed in an easy to use, fully integrated, efficient package for the accounting needs of the organizations I've helped. Closing each year and moving on to the next is done in a matter of a few minutes. The reports can be customized so everyone can easily understand the financial situation of the organization. Each year the product has improved. I've only needed support a few times over the last 15 or so years, but each time the support was easy to get and those helping were pleasant and knowledgeable, unlike my experience with other product's support when trying to get help with that I use for my personal finances. When I've handed off my duties to others, moving from the Mac environment I use to the Windows environment others use has gone smoothly. I strongly recommend AccountEdge Pro for anyone needing a robust, complete, usable, multi-platform accounting solution made up of superb software, top-notch support, affordable cost, flexible reporting and great human engineering. AccountEdge allows me to do quickly and easily take care of my organization's accounting needs.

Pros

Flexibility, efficiency, ease of use, support, efficiency.

Cons

There are so many features that sometimes I get lost in the choices, especially the reporting choices.

Jill W.

Reviewed on 12/09/2018

Best accounting software out there!

I've used several different accounting programs and am forced to use two others right now at different clients, and AccountEdge wins hands down. I can do so much more, in a logical and intelligent way, than with the other programs: reports, searches, even simple transactions like checks, deposits, journal entries--they all make much more sense in AccountEdge.

Pros

It makes sense--the reports and searches are logical and easy to figure out. It's easy to find your way around. It can keep you from making stupid mistakes like duplicating a vendor or customer card, but if you do, you can merge the cards. The check and invoice forms are completely customizable.

Cons

I didn't like having to open old data files to get information from prior years, but now the program allows you to keep transactions from the last eight years, I believe. I still have to restore old files from time to time, though.

Brad W.

So many functions… and stable for 13 years use now

We are a software company with most of our business taking place online. I do regular reconciliation of hundreds of thousands of transactions… consolidating them into AccountEdge weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly. In addition we have lots of direct customers that pay by Purchase Order. We drop-ship a number of hardware products from various vendors.

Pros

They are constantly updating the software and I've only had one data "glitch" in the 13 years I've run the software (with hundreds of thousands of sales invoices/quotes/purchase orders/transactions… and that one problem was rectified by their support team very quickly.

Cons

I love that they add new features yearly, but typically I don't find the features as useful as I'd find others. They are always willing to take feedback however, and I look forward to some of my suggestions being implemented.

I also wish the network edition worked on Windows.

Neil H.

Reviewed on 22/12/2016

Best Accounting Package Out There!

I am a former QB for Mac user. After spending countless hours on the phone with customer support (from India), and not being able to under stand the tech or being able to get them to understand my software problem, I decided to look for a better accounting package.
I found it with AccountEdge Pro. The software is easy to set up! It works great! And customer support is FANTASTIC!
Whenever my company changes or I forget how to do something, I call customer support. If they are busy they will call me back. When I am on with customer support, they are english speaking from New Jersey. Lets just say they are "Made in America". They have always helped me with my problem.
I have been with AccountEdge Pro for several years. You can't go wrong with this software company. I love these guys.

Pros

It is easy to use and meets all of my needs.

Cons

Nothing

Glen S.
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 10/09/2018

AccountEdge Pro/The best ever!

I have had this software since early 90's when it was MYOB (Mind Your Own Business). Loved the name! I had already gotten Quicken and was lost from the start. I didn't even install it to my computer, it was so confusing. MYOB/AccountEdge was so easy to set up. It took me no time at all to be up and running. I waited a year or so to get the payroll module... what a mistake. I should have gotten it at the same time... again... easy , easy , easy. I was spending hours upon hours doing payroll, withholding, employee records...etc... got set up... now it only takes me minutes. Love it!

Pros

Easy to set up, easy to use, easy to understand, just plain easy.

Cons

It has too much? lol. I don't use a lot of the features that are available, but if I need something, it is there.

Sandra G.

Great Customer Support

Pros

I manager the office of a small company. We were using QuickBooks. Since their customer support was less than helpful and not based in the States, when we switched our computer system, I switched our accounting software to AccountEdge. The three big keys for me was that AccountEdge had customer service available here in the States that can be reached easily with a phone call, the price is reasonable, and they have a decent program.

Cons

Corrections and adjustments are more difficult to make.