FreshBooks Reviews

About FreshBooks

FreshBooks takes billing out of your hands and puts it on autopilot. Set up automated invoicing, online payment options (ACH and Credit Card), and late payment reminders to get paid 2x faster. Next, boost team productivity with...

Browse FreshBooks Reviews

4,402 of 4,402 reviews
Maddie
Maddie

Reviewed on 05/05/2022

FreshBooks made my day at work so much easier

Integration with customers' books, as well as the option to include team members in the layout, are all included. On the subject of Application Programming Interfaces. It appeals to me since it brings everything together in one convenient location. The entire software is so simple to use that anyone can learn how to use it.

Pros

I appreciate how user-friendly it is, as well as the appearance of the program, and that it has the essentials when it comes to monitoring money and sending invoices and proposals. It's a really amazing piece of software that provides quick alerts. Excels in the area of financial reporting. When it comes to bank reconciliation, the general ledger is really helpful. Excellent in regard to project accounting.

Cons

The absence of features like as email automation and scheduling, which are provided by applications such as Dubsado and Honeybook, would be an example. One thing I'd want the developers to improve on is making sure that updates are made at the very least within one hour and not much longer.

Paciello

Reviewed on 22/04/2024

FreshBooks Is an Exceptional Invoicing and Accounting Solution

Pros

I like the exceptional features of FreshBooks.
FreshBooks has been reliable.

Cons

I do not dislike FreshBooks.
FreshBooks has been so powerful.

EVA M.

Reviewed on 18/04/2024

Totally disappointed in FreshBooks

Overall Frustration and Disappointment
My experience with this billing software was overwhelmingly negative. It hindered rather than helped my business operations, causing unnecessary stress and frustration. Despite my efforts to make it work, the software's poor usability, unreliable features, and lackluster support left me with no choice but to seek out alternatives.

Pros

Nothing.
It has nothing that other billing software doesn't have.

Cons

If you want to attach a multi-page PDF to an Invoice, only the first page is attached, and the PDF is also blurry and of poor quality.

Team members must share a single signature on emails to send Invoices.
Customer service is terrible; they never answer calls.

The Invoice Details report does not include the reference field, which is one of the most critical information in an Invoice.

Response from FreshBooks

Hey Eva, thank you for taking the time to share your review of FreshBooks.

I have shared your feedback regarding PDF attachments and the Invoice Details report with our team. Our Support Team is here to assist however possible - I do apologize for the experience you've shared, and I have ensured to share your feedback with our team.

If you have not already shared your comment regarding email signatures with our team, please reach out via https://www.freshbooks.com/contact with further details so we can ensure to capture your suggestion in detail. ^DM

Replied 26/04/2024

Patriot Payroll

Lance
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Reviewed on 06/03/2024

Top notch basic account and payment processing for the small business

Pros

So easy to create recurring invoices and process them automatically against customer credit cards. This product revolutionized how we process recurring services.

Cons

it's relatively basic, it's missing some features of bigger/more expensive apps/services, but is great for the small business

Carter

Reviewed on 22/05/2024

Freshy fresh!

Pros

I loved the accounting assistance and ease of use of the platform! I was brought into a firm that was using it, and used it as a partnership forum to get everyone paid.

Cons

It took some onboarding help to get me up to speed, can be overwhelming in general to get a new system. Not really a “fresh books” issue though.

alessandro
  • Industry: Medical Practice
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 18/04/2024

freshbooks review

Pros

possibility to access through smartphone

Cons

not usefull and not possible to interface with italian legislation obligations

Response from FreshBooks

Hey Alessandro, thank you for taking the time to share your review of FreshBooks.

If there are specific features for tax or government requirements you'd like to see, or any other feature suggestions you may have, please reach out with further detail via https://www.freshbooks.com/contact. Our Support Team can ensure your feedback is shared with our team on your behalf. ^DM

Replied 26/04/2024
Danielle

Reviewed on 02/05/2024

Fresh book

Pros

What I like most is that it is easy to understand and use

Cons

What I like least is sometimes it can load slowly but that can also just be my connection

Prem
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 09/05/2024

Freshbooks is the Need for Businesses

Pros

It's Easibility of Use and Convenience.Interface was easy to learn and interesting

Cons

The key buttons could have had more options to use

• Used Monthly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 23/04/2024

Efficiency Unveiled

Experience is definitely good and Easy to understand and use .Using Fresh Books has truly transformed my financial management. Its intuitive interface made navigation a breeze, even for someone like me without extensive finance knowledge. The streamlined invoicing and expense tracking features were lifesavers, freeing up time and helping me keep my finances organized. Plus, being able to generate professional invoices and estimates quickly was a major bonus. With the mobile app, I could stay on top of my finances no matter where I was. Overall, Fresh Books has been an invaluable tool for me

Pros

FreshBooks is a user-friendly accounting solution that aids small businesses and freelancers in simplifying financial management tasks, saving time, and maintaining organization.

Cons

It is too costly for students to used , Honestly

• Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 10/06/2024

Freshbook review

Pros

- Attractive mobile app
- good customer service

Cons

- Extra costs for being team member.
- Unattractive Dashboard . So it's better to have improvements.

Reviewed on 05/08/2021

Don't Waist Your Money on Any Other Accounting Software

We struggled to find a solution that would allow us to easily track the time for multiple employees and make billing as simple as a couple of clicks. Most everything we used or tried required multiple systems that either didn't integrate at all or didn't integrate well, and required a lot of time to prep invoices and collect payments. Frehsbooks eliminated all of those issues and paid for itself in the first month.

Pros

It saves my team hours of time every month. It easy to manage clients, track subscriptions, track hours and send invoices. Oh and it makes taxes season a breeze! The milage tracking feature has saved me over thousands per year in taxes since they released it.

Cons

The only complaint I have with Freshbooks is the Expenses feature. It has the ability to connect to your bank account to automatically pull in your charges, however, it never stays connected to our bank and it becomes a hassle. But they are great about helping to resolve the issue when it happens.

Zoho Expense

Reasons for Choosing FreshBooks

We needed a system that was easier to use and required less management.

Reasons for Switching to FreshBooks

It was created by someone who was in the same industry and experienced the same problems I had, and because he built Freshbooks to solve those problems I knew it was the right solution for us.
Molly
Molly
  • Industry: Photography

Reviewed on 26/05/2022

FreshBooks as a Photographer (solo small business)

I have been using FreshBooks for over 2-years and am currently using it. I used FreshBooks a long time ago when they were new and more minimal. It has been great to see them grow up. The cost is a bit steep so I may not continue to use them -- I'm 50/50 at the moment. If they provided more value for the cost I would consider it a good investment, but paying for a CRM on top of that is expensive. Overall I do love the software!

Pros

I love the clean and friendly UX of FreshBooks! It is a pretty efficient piece of software that helps me get paid quickly and easily. I feel it has grown up so much over the years too. Invoicing is super easy and tracking expenses. Those are my primary base needs to run my business.

Cons

I do wish that entering client information was a bit more intuitive as I feel like I'm doing input for a client into my contacts, importing it to my CRM, and then hand inputting into FreshBooks again feels redundant. I would really really really love to see a Mac App to complete the mobility and desktop experience. I dislike having to open a web page to manage things on a daily basis.

QuickBooks Desktop

Reasons for Choosing FreshBooks

I switched over primarily because the invoicing in Moon Invoice was manual, they did not have a way for clients to make quick and easy payments. I would have to go into PayPal, and create a link with PayPal.me and copy/paste this with my emailed invoices, it was not efficient by any means. I had used FreshBooks previously and 17Hats a long time ago. I opted to try FreshBooks again and have been using it since. The cost of Moon Invoice is what really drew me in as it was $20/annually.

17hats and Moon Invoice

Reasons for Switching to FreshBooks

FreshBooks just seemed more intuitive. QuickBooks has a long history of being bulky and complicated and expensive software. I keep looking at Billings Pro because I use DayLite now so we will see. :) I think FreshBooks is more advanced.
Julia Maria
Julia Maria
  • Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 23/07/2022

It amply met my expectations and satisfies the company's needs.

When we implemented it, it was a lifesaver, as it makes day-to-day financial work easy and not at all intimidating, especially. It helped us save a lot of time, as we can focus on what we do and let Freshbooks do the rest. I especially like the professional look of the invoices without having to spend too much time designing or using design software. Anyone can create an attractive and professional invoice in minutes and I appreciate that.

Pros

I like how adaptable it is and how it can be used for any need. We have been using it in the company for a couple of years now, I already knew it from my freelance work and I can attest to the goodness and simplicity of the system. At the moment we have the Plus subscription and I find it very complete and affordable.

Cons

I would like the application to be more complete and useful because I would like to have a complete view of my invoices when I am not at my desk.

QuickBooks Online

Reasons for Choosing FreshBooks

One problem I often had when working with Quickbooks is that it sometimes took too long to load and was too slow; in fact, that was one of the reasons we switched to another platform (Freshbooks).

QuickBooks Desktop

Reasons for Switching to FreshBooks

We can use Freshbooks for business, integrating other applications, or tracking software for things like inventory.
Rachel

Reviewed on 22/09/2022

Freshbooks is the ultimate for a service-based business

It was a good onboarding experience. I didn't call support and had us rolling in about 2 hours. The things I miss from Quickbooks aren't here, but they are continuing to build out the system. Hopefully we can get some of those critical features sooner than later.

Pros

I used to love Quickbooks. It had an app, it had time tracking. Then everything I loved was taken away. Freshbooks is the choice we made because it was built for a small service-based business. Recurring billing, time tracking, payment processing, it's all built in and easy to use. It took me 2 hours to get setup completely and it was a great experience. It's great for an owner who needs to be able to just run their business.

Cons

This is a major miss on the accounting side of the house. If you came from Quickbooks, you know how important double-entry accounting is, in depth reporting with punchouts, a quick dashboard into profitability. This isn't the case with Freshbooks. You will need an accountant to help at the end of the year. Ours had to rebuild our system because it doesn't believe in a cash-based accounting system.

Robin
Robin

Reviewed on 27/04/2023

Accounting on rails

It just makes life simple. I just wanted to be able to find the easiest way possible to invoice clients in a professional way and manage the client accounts while minimising the work that I had to do or outsource.This solution really did tickle the boxes for me and saves me a lot of time from the manual system I was using previously.

Pros

It's really easy to get started. There has obviously been a lot of effort being put into making the initial process as easy as possible, from branding and colours on the invoicing, to integrating with payment processors et cetera.The daily process is also very easy to manage. It's a five minute job to set up a new client and send them an invoice straight from Freshbooks using existing products and services descriptions.The integrations save me a lot of time by allowing me to automate a lot of functions which would other boys have been done manually and would've required reminders et cetera. For these I used Zapier which connects really well, and I found the integration is to be very reliable over time.Even as a reasonably small user, the customer service was incredible. I don't just mean responses to questions from me, but proactive outreach from the support and sales team which I found to be really high quality.Clients also seemed to really respond well to the invoicing process, and found it easy to access and download the invoices, and payment via credit card was quite a popular option.I actually used the app for a number of different businesses and it was really useful to be able to switch between them in the same dashboard.

Cons

I had a certain amount of trouble with one client when I was trying to set up direct debit payments, and while I got really great support the process didn't seem that reliable in this particular case. This was the only occasion where I had any major difficulties though that weren't caused by myself for the client.

Invoicely

Reasons for Choosing FreshBooks

I was creating PDF invoices myself, sending out payment links by email, and entering all of the details into a spreadsheet all separately.This was very time-consuming and didn't look professional at all.

Reasons for Switching to FreshBooks

FreshBooks was recommended by a few colleagues, but mostly because the proactive support from the team, my experience on the evaluation seeing her professionally presented the business would be represented on the client side, and the availability of integrations.
Swati

Reviewed on 04/05/2023

Freshen up Your Finances with FreshBooks!

While FreshBooks is a useful accounting software for managing your business finances, its pricing may not be reasonable for some users. The starting cost of $15 per month is quite heavy, and additional features require extra payment. It's worth noting that the customer care service may not be satisfactory, as you may have long conversations with support staff without reaching a solution.

Pros

FreshBooks is a simple and user-friendly invoicing and accounting software that is especially useful for beginners. Whether you're running a small business or you're a freelancer with limited time to invest in managing your finances, FreshBooks is the solution you've been looking for. With a user-friendly interface and easy-to-use data uploading capabilities, FreshBooks has everything you need to simplify your financial management processes. One of the key features of FreshBooks is online invoicing, which makes it easy to generate invoices and even offers customizable templates for balance sheets. You can add your clients and billables, and the invoice will be sent directly to them via email. They can then pay you online, making it a hassle-free process. Plus, you can even use your camera to upload bills and keep track of your expenses.

Cons

FreshBook is an accounting software for managing the finace for your business but its pricing is somehow not resonable i guess it heavely charged starting from $15 and you also have to pay extra for additional features. i would like point put ts customer care which is not at stifactory they indulge in long conerstion and still you reach to the solutuon tyou are looking for.

Amy
Amy

Reviewed on 13/03/2023

FRESH ISNT ALWAYS QUICK ( or efficient)

Fresh books was recommended by a friend that utilizes it for her drop shipping business. She recommended it due to pricing, great for a small set up however, if u have one or more employees or accounts payable or receivables then don't bother it was a disappointment

Pros

What I liked most was pricing and ease of initial set up

Cons

What was least favored with this software was the amount of double to triple entry of data and ledgering had to be checked and rechecked due to inaccurate totaling and the taxes aren't even close to kept accurate here.

Response from FreshBooks

Hey Amy, thank you for taking the time to share your review of FreshBooks.

I have shared your feedback with our Product Team on your behalf. You can check out any changes and updates made in FreshBooks here: https://support.freshbooks.com/hc/en-us/articles/11925619511053-Changes-Updates-in-2023. If there's any other feedback you wish to share or if you need any assistance, please feel free to reach out to our Support Team: https://www.freshbooks.com/contact ^DM

Replied 17/03/2023
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Reviewed on 27/12/2018

Improvements need to keep coming ....

I've been a FreshBooks customer for YEARS and I do like them. I've ridden it out through all the changes and just dealt with how interfaces change and prices change. In the past few years there have been a lot more freelancer payment management systems that have come along. I've looked around, but I find myself staying with what is comfortable even though something else may be better. Fear of the unknown I guess, and not wanting to learn a new system while I'm busy working. I just think there could be some improvements made since the last major interface update. It was like a whole OS upgrade and then no new updates for the past few years -- other than pricing tier changes. There is no sense that FreshBooks is looking to improve and listen to their customers about what features they need or would like to see. Just my opinion and view. I could be very wrong. Thanks.

Pros

Over the years, FreshBooks has made efforts to improve its service and update the levels of programs. The latest change they made to the interface has improved some things but other parts have been left behind and I've personally not seen any updates or changes in the past few years. What I like MOST is what they started with years ago -- the ability to remind clients at the 30, 60, 90 day marks to pay their bills. However, the interface to set that feature up changed a few years ago with their major update and it's not as intuitive now.

Cons

I do NOT like the timer starting off before you even choose what project you are working on. This is a SIMPLE FIX. I asked about it years ago and was told that -- yah, basically you launch the timer and then click the pause button while you work out what project you are on -- then start the timer again. Not a good design.

I do NOT like setting up a new project and having a ton of task all added to this new project that I have to deselect -- about 20 or so that I have to remove each time -- and then add in the correct task for that project.

I do NOT like having to deal with setting default payment settings and reminders for each client I set-up. Can't that just be a universal default setting to turn on?

I do NOT like having service tiers change and being told the level I was previously on is changing and this new level will cost more -- and that's what I have to accept now. I'm a independent contractor and I have few clients -- I don't need the next level. But ... whatever.

Charles

Reviewed on 17/12/2019

The Worst online Invoicing System on the planet

Freshbooks is the worst company I have every dealt with. I had a legitimate complaint about the software duplicating, triplicating and some times four versions of the same transaction. They ignored my complaint for over a year and when I finally reached a VP to discuss, then cancelled my account in under 48 hours losing years of business information, including invoices, contacts etc. Freshbooks goal is to get your money and then destroy you business. To add insult to injury, 18 months after Freshbooks canceled and deleted my account, they charged my credit card for another year subscription.

Basically Freshbooks wants your money, prepared to sell you a horrible solution, will kick you off if you complaint too loudly and then charge you for another year with zero accountability.

Freshbooks should be facing fraud charges and or a Class Action lawsuit. I expect either very shortly in the future.

Pros

The software was easy to use and did allow me to set up a single customer with multiple email address (you can not do this on Quickbooks)

Cons

The software was horrible. It would duplicate, triplicate and sometimes four times recreate the same bank account or credit card entry. this made life for my book keeper a nightmare. You then complain about this oversight and Freshbooks would ignore your complaint, indicate it was a once only issue (which it never was) and eventually will kick you off their platform with less than 48 hours notice losing years worth of business information, including invoices, contacts etc. Freshbooks will go down in the Hall of Fame of worst business software platform ever.
My advise to all is avoid this platform at all cost and use another online solution. Freshbooks will screw you over the first chance they get.

Heidi
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 07/07/2020

Great for timekeeping and invoicing, but challenging for bookkeeping

Great for invoicing and timekeeping, but bookkeeping function requires a course in accounting or more in-depth training that I just didn't have time for.

Pros

As an attorney in solo practice, the timekeeping function is great. I can use my app or use the computer easily, and it tracks my time in a neat report for clients beautifully. I also find invoicing clients very simple, although I've found some difficulties with customization when it comes to my clients on retainer. Otherwise I've been very pleased.

Cons

I had a very difficult time using the bookkeeping software on the program. I couldn't customize taxes, and I found that because I have no background in accounting I was really messing up frequently. I ended up outsourcing bookkeeping to Bench, which has worked out fine but it's only been a couple of months. the difficulty using Freshbooks for bookkeeping made tax time very difficult and stressful because I had to completely redo what I had entered in the program.

QuickBooks Online

Reasons for Switching to FreshBooks

Because of the timekeeping function.

Response from FreshBooks

Hey Heidi, thank you for taking the time to share your review of FreshBooks!

I'm glad to hear that you've had an overall positive experience using FreshBooks, aside from the bookkeeping side of things. FreshBooks does aim to be an intuitive software so folks can manage their books effectively, but we're always welcome to hearing feedback about what could be improved.

You can provide that feedback directly to our Support Team, who can be reached at 1-866-303-6061 Monday through Friday, 8am-8pm EST or [email protected]. ^DM

Replied 10/07/2020
Salim
Salim
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 16/02/2023

Gain supremacy and rediscover accounting experience with FreshBooks, the best there is in the...

We make use of FreshBooks in our organization for accounting. More to just accounting, it has delivered us with top quality bookkeeping services which helps us keep all our financial books like receipts in an orderly and easy to access place. It gas also helped us create very effective invoices for customers, send them together with due payments reminders and also it allows us understand the position of our organization financial via the financial reports.

Pros

FreshBooks gives one a robust and unified accounting platform where you can perform all your accounting tasks efficiently without having to use multiple products for each task. With its functionalities in bookkeeping, billing, accounting, expenses tracking, financial reporting and much more, it always proves to be the most qualified tool for solving your accounting needs. It helps generate very detailed financial reports which are effective at giving accurate insights on the position of the business financially. This also helps by guiding one on how to make crucial decisions to help improve your business performance. It has a very user-friendly user interface which gives one easy time when navigating through it and making use of its features. Moreso, some of its functions like invoicing comes with ready-made invoice templates which guides you toward generating professionally looking invoices for your customers. FreshBooks has a very committed user support team which are always ready to offer any assistance you need or answer any questions you might be having.

Cons

FreshBooks is a very effective accounting tool and each of its features has proved to be very useful. It's easy to use, has a very supportive customer support team and i have never encountered any difficulties when using it.

• Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 24/03/2023

A nice experience with Freshbooks

I have found the platform to be very user-friendly and efficient. It has made my job of managing expenses, invoicing clients, and tracking time much easier and more streamlined. I particularly appreciate the ability to create and customize invoices quickly and easily, which has helped me to get paid more promptly and accurately.One of the things that I find particularly useful is the ability to access Freshbooks from anywhere, as it is cloud-based and accessible on multiple devices. This has made it easy for me to work remotely and stay up-to-date on my accounting tasks while on the go.Overall, my experience with Freshbooks has been very positive, and I would recommend it to other people who need to manage finances for their companies. While there are some areas where more customization options or integrations could be beneficial, the platform is generally reliable and efficient. I appreciate the value that Freshbooks provides, and it has become an essential tool for me in my job.

Pros

I can confidently say that the invoice creation feature is one of my favorite parts of the software. It's super user-friendly and allows me to create and customize professional-looking invoices with ease. I'm not an accounting expert, so the fact that I can navigate the software without feeling overwhelmed is a huge plus for me.I also appreciate that I can automate recurring invoices, which is a huge time-saver for me. It's great to know that Freshbooks can handle the invoicing while I can focus on other important aspects of my business.Sending invoices through Freshbooks is a breeze, too. I can easily send them through email and get notified when clients have opened and paid them. And with the option to accept online payments, my clients find it super convenient to pay their invoices.

Cons

One thing that can be frustrating is the lack of customization options for certain aspects of the platform. For example, while I appreciate the ability to customize invoices and estimates, there are some areas where I feel limited in what I can do.For instance, the dashboard and reporting features are not as customizable as I would like them to be. While I can view certain metrics and data points, I cannot always tailor them to my specific needs or preferences. This can make it difficult to get a comprehensive view of my business and make informed decisions based on the data.Additionally, there are some integrations that I would like to see available on the platform that are not currently offered. While Freshbooks does offer a decent selection of integrations, there are some key tools and apps that are not yet supported. This can be limiting in terms of workflow and efficiency.

Reviewed on 29/07/2018

Free accounting apps never worked for me. Finally bit the bullet and am in major LOVE w...

Pros

This might make me sound superficial but the first thing I loved about Freshbooks was the interface. The icons, the buttons, the way everything looks is so so appealing to me. And it made me want to use the trial version (I did this a little more than 1 year ago). Using it made me feel like I was getting my financial act together. Which it later did, btw.

The time tracker is the best... time saver for me. It records time and then adds everything together in a way that nothing else really did. It seems so obvious but nothing I was using before helped track my hours this way. This is the thing that used to drive me round the bend when it came time to invoicing clients. I used to delay invoicing (aka "getting paid") because my own system was terrible..and I could not find a better way until finally deciding that maybe I needed to pay for something to help me.

I like the notes section for the time entries. I like how flexible it is to shift recorded time entries around or update the text to better describe what work I actually did.

I also love the support from Freshbooks. They're super responsive and extremely helpful. They do not waste my time with a lot of blather I've experienced in so many other customer service situations (like repeating back to me the question I just proferred). They include screenshots and precise language to answer my questions.

Also: Expenses in FB. I now go out of my way to add in expenses as they come w/o avoiding them.

Cons

I recommended Freshbooks to a friend of mine who started using it right away. Then he had trouble with a really difficult client he'd billed using Freshbooks. This client (I subcontracted with the friend so am aware of what all happened) contested all of my friend's work and refused payment after paying the Freshbooks invoice. And Freshbooks allowed the chargeback to happen. I think other software does not allow this --- for example, my friend now uses Quickbooks as a result.

I have also experienced some quirks when it came to adding new jobs to repeat clients. This is likely my own error but it's not something I've cared to reach out to the support team to question.

I also have not downloaded a year's incoming and outgoing details to give to an accountant. So I don't know how well that all works. Again, my own thing, and not necessarily on them.

Reviewed on 10/12/2019

No Two-Factor Authentication - Very bad overall security

Freshbooks has been in business for years but does not have a basic Two-Factor Authentication feature to prevent hackers from gaining unauthorized access to customers' accounts. Not having this feature borders on negligence. This is a basic standard feature that other cloud accounting software XERO and Quickbooks have had for years.

Not having two-factor authentication is alarmingly bad because tens of thousands of Freshbooks customers are trusting Freshbooks with a ton sensitive company data about their finances, customers, bank information, credit card processor information, and prospects etc into Freshbooks. If hackers get a password, they can easily access this valuable information because there is no two-factor authentication to stop them from getting in.

Does Freshbooks take customer security seriously? Apparently not. I emailed them about this dangerous lack of basic security features and as of December 2019 Freshbooks says there is no plan to add two factor authentication in the future.

Their answer as the same as it was when I wrote them in 2018 about this problem. Their answer was that they would pass this suggestion along to their programmers so they can give it future consideration.

Pros

Ease of use and straightforward, simple interface. Easy invoicing.

Cons

Freshbooks lacks all of these industry standard security features:

No Two-Factor Authentication at login.

No IP address blocking to prevent certain IP addresses from logging in my account.

No log/audit showing when I last logged in and out of the account.

No forced internet timeout/log out when the account has been left untouched for a while.
This is standard on other online accounting software and is used by most banks as a security feature.

Response from FreshBooks

Hey there, thank you for taking the time to share your review of FreshBooks.

I certainly understand where you're coming from regarding features like two-factor authentication. While my colleague that you spoke with recently is correct that this isn't a feature we currently offer, I have flagged your feedback for our Product Team to review directly. This is a team we have a FreshBooks who reviews and gathers customer feedback for issues and concerns like what you've raised.

If there's any other feedback you wish to provide, please don't hesitate to reach our to our Support Team at 1-866-303-6061 Monday through Friday, 8am-8pm EST or [email protected]. ^DM

Replied 20/12/2019
Randal
Randal
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 28/10/2021

"New" Freshbooks has completely make this formerly amazing service...unusable & frustrating

Loved them for more than a decade, until the "New" version completely left us wondering what went wrong. Their support has been great, helping us to move to another platform, but again, the "New" version is making that transition even harder, although we haven't tried to export from "Classic", so I could be wrong.

Pros

The previous "Classic" edition was so easy to use, powerful in its simplicity and quick.

The only thing I can say about the "New" version is that it is pretty.

Cons

The "New" version might be pretty, but it has become pretty awful to use.

The platform is now so slow, we often wonder if we clicked on something...so we wait (e.g. create an invoice).

Navigation used to be simple, but that is no longer the case. It takes many more clicks to find the information I need. I've been using now for about 2 months, so I know where to go, but it takes so much longer now.

Invoicing & applying payment now prone to mistakes. The Credit card option will be ON/OFF for all subsequent invoices, so it's hard to make an exception (e.g. hardware) for one invoice. We have to constantly check a few options for every invoice, making the whole process much longer.

Billing for time is somewhat better. It now shows ONLY the clients that have unmilled time, but once you create an invoice, the client will stay in the list for a good 15 minutes, making this feature cool, but useless.

All in all, being moved to "New" has been an absolute nightmare and has caused us to completely lose faith in this company, which I have been using since its inception.

We are sad to say, the problems by far outweighs the pretty interface, and we find ourselves forced to use something functional.

Response from FreshBooks

Hey Randal, thank you for taking the time to share your review and raise these concerns.

I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced some issues when using FreshBooks - I have passed this feedback along to our team on your behalf. Feedback from customers like yourself is absolutely valuable for the changes and updates that are made to FreshBooks. You can keep up to date with all the changes and updates our team is making here: https://support.freshbooks.com/hc/en-us/articles/360054235012-Changes-Updates-in-2021.

If there are any questions or concerns our Support Team can assist with, our contact information can be found here: https://www.freshbooks.com/contact. ^DM

Replied 29/10/2021