Dropbox Business Reviews

About Dropbox Business

Dropbox is a cloud-based file sharing software system that caters to individuals and businesses of all sizes. This solution allows users to share files and send file requests to people even if they don’t have a Dropbox account....

Browse Dropbox Business Reviews

21,583 of 21,583 reviews
Marianela
Marianela

Reviewed on 04/12/2022

Dropbox, an incredible platform to protect and store documents, to share them with coworkers.

I have used Dropbox in both Windows and MacOS environments and its behavior is extremely stable. A learning curve is not required for its use, since it is quite intuitive, and frees us from worrying about the protection and correct storage of our documents, to deal with the most important thing, which is precisely the operation of our company.

Pros

One of the features that I have loved the most is selective synchronization, since it allows me to keep the documents that I work with regularly updated, and not occupy additional local space on my device for those directories that have documents that I am not working on. So, when I spend periods of time on my laptop without connecting and I decide to access Dropbox, the synchronization will be fast and effective.

Cons

There are great features in Dropbox that we learn as we use it or investigate how it works; for example: a blue folder with a person symbol is a shared folder, maybe with some difference for mobile apps or desktop app. In the same way, we have excellent icons that let us know when a folder is shared with others or that it has been shared with me instead. In general, it is very intuitive and its usability can be described as excellent.

Enrique
Enrique

Reviewed on 27/10/2022

It lacks some improvement, even so, I think Dropbox surpasses its competitors

To give a simple example. I recently implemented it in a company that depended on a server, with its access permissions to each folder based on windows permissions for each user. One less team to maintain in the company, it is not necessary to have a server on 24 hours a day, permission management is simplified, simultaneously you have everything with a backup in the cloud and also a catastrophe recovery system.The change has been almost transparent for the employees, who in an hour were already working at full capacity without appreciating changes in the way they work, and with the improvement of being able to work simultaneously on documents.

Pros

Let's start with the basics, it is a good backup system in the cloud, with version control and the ability to restore in case of any disaster.Let's continue with the fact that it is not linked to companies like Google or Microsoft, so it allows us to work with any type of document, integrating some complements in a very simple way.The management it makes of the use of documents that are only online (those that we rarely access) and those that we actually have on our computer for daily work is great, so for example, we can have 5TB in the cloud and that we only have 100GB on the computer, which allows us to use computers without much storage capacity or rely on external drives.And you can't miss being able to collaborate in the creation of documents, manage access permissions, share files or folders with third parties, transfer large files, be able to work from any device...

Cons

More permission control is missing, it leaves a lot of freedom of action to the team members and sometimes you have to act on the computer of each one of them so that everything is well managed.I would also need more folders, besides the basic system ones, to be able to be added to the backup when they cannot be located within the Dropbox folder.

OneDrive and Google Workspace

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox Business

It was complicated for a normal user to be able to manage the services, it required a server on 24/7, a backup and disaster recovery service that exceeded the cost of Dropbox itself, server maintenance, expanding its storage capacity over time and We cannot forget that at the moment the energy cost is very high.

Acronis Cyber Backup

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Business

More storage at a lower cost, and being able to work with Microsoft 365 or Google documents or any other type of document.
Aurimas

Recommendation of Dropbox

Pros

Dropbox gives the required tools for day-to-day activities within our team.

Cons

Sometimes it could be tricky to setup, but once it is done, you are good to go.

Top Dropbox Business Alternatives

Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage

Microsoft OneNote

• Industry: Investment Management

Reviewed on 04/03/2024

Dropbox business medium bussines

I had really had a good experience as a personal user but in the company when I implemented it the cost was very high so I had to reduce the users who really had access and who needed their information at hand.

Pros

I liked that we could store information from a computer and transfer it to a mobile phone without having to send emails and have the information from any computer linked to the user.

Cons

the cost of this platform per user was very expensive and if the user really used it for storage it could be profitable but if not it was too expensive to be an information channel.

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox Business

this product has other add-ons such as chat access and permissions are more limited.

OneDrive

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Business

I had a good experience in the past as a personal user and wanted to implement it in the company.
Adam

Reviewed on 26/01/2024

Online File storage

using it every day to store my design files makes it quick and easy and then I can access them from other locations if. i need to.

Pros

ease of deployment and the fact you can lock individuals out of sections/ files with access rights

Cons

cost per user is quite high, would like to see other package options for users and or storage cases - the tear storage is ok but does jump - a middle ground in both cost and storage would be good

Amazon S3 and OneDrive

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox Business

hit my limit for file upload space issues with syncing file

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Business

the ability to share access to other team members or clients simply
Vandana
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 15/04/2024

Reliable and Secure

Pros

It's the most recognisable global brands in file sharing and data storage.

Cons

Its security feature is so strong that sometimes it's a hassel to get past it if one has forgotten the password(Lol)

WeTransfer
elizabeth

Reviewed on 20/03/2024

Storage and sharing

It is a great tool for the day to day sharing and storing files regardless of whether they are images or docs, large or small files. Great tool to have

Pros

able to store and share files and pictures without having to change the files

Cons

I don't have any cons, it is a great tool.

Nischal
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Dropbox: For All, For us

Pros

The file sharing feature is outstanding where i share and store file with my workgroup easily.

Cons

I like file sharing and store facility most.

Leticia
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Dropbox Business safe Business

is a basic experience, as we have been using it for less than 3 months.

Pros

I like the speed and fluidity in uploading files.

Cons

I find the storage capacity to be poor value for money.

Kendra
  • Industry: Law Practice
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 28/03/2024

Dropbox Business

Pros

I like that I can quickly upload large files to share with others working on cases

Cons

The program regularly pops up prompts to "upgrade".

Greg

Reviewed on 19/01/2020

Dropbox Has Completely Changed the way we Share Work with Clients

The biggest business problem we are solving is the ability to share all of our office files in a single repository. This eliminates email requests and even Slack requests as everyone knows that all files are in the Dropbox and everyone has access. This saves our team quite a bit of time and keeps people locked in on creative projects without getting distracted with too many requests.

Pros

Our number one favorite feature in Dropbox is the ability to share a link to a file with clients and have them make comments right on the file. If we're sharing a video, they can comment at exact spots in the video, and they can markup graphic files. Additionally, Dropbox saves us an incredible amount of time in the office, as we no longer have to request files from various members of our design team. With our shared Dropbox folders, everyone can access everything, and with version control, nothing is ever lost.

Cons

Occassionally we've had issue with the "smart sync" feature downloading files to our machines when we didn't request to have that happen. It's a minor annoyance that we're hoping to see fixed in a future release.

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Business

Google Drive was a mess to use... required complex permissions and we are often signed into multiple google accounts throughout the day, so we found ourselves repeatedly having to request permission, sign out, sign in, sign back out, etc. It just didn't fit our workflow. Plus, Dropbox has a lot more features that really make it a superior product.
Jessie

Reviewed on 30/11/2020

Dropbox

Great product. I love it! Really expanded the Dropbox I love to use personally by Including a whole team

Pros

I’ve loved Dropbox and been using it for nearly 10 years. When our company was looking to get off of the old school server system Dropbox Business seemed like the natural choice especially because so many on the team had already used Dropbox personally. The amount of storage and options was super helpful for us and allowing us to get rid of remote access but still access our files was just what was needed.

Cons

It’s tough when employees have personal and business accounts. With people’s natural instinct to protect their own info it’s crucial for them to feel that they can use both accounts but toggling back and forth is not a feature that works well.

Microsoft SharePoint and Google Drive

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox Business

Too expensive to maintain an older physical server

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Business

Price and familiarity of the staff
Alicia

Reviewed on 08/04/2021

Dropbox is Secure and Affordable

Dropbox does what it is designed to do - securely store documents. I wish it offered encrypted email and better sharing features for my clients who don't have dropbox.

Pros

Dropbox makes it easy to understand how to use the software, sync specific folders to your computer, perform Admin duties, use Paper, etc.

Cons

I believe Dropbox is secure. I've never had any issues, but Dropbox has a reputation of not being secure with several people I've worked with in the Accounting industry. I don't know where this reputation comes from, but it makes it difficult for me to share documents when my peers don't trust the software.

OneDrive and Google Drive

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox Business

I felt ShareFile was complicated to setup. At the time, I was looking for the ease of setup like I found with Dropbox. Dropbox felt very intuitive, where ShareFile made me feel as if I need to dedicate several hours learning how to setup, share, administer.

ShareFile

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Business

I am a Microsoft user, so Google Drive wasn't something I was accustomed to using. I am using OneDrive more for my internal documents, but Dropbox was just easy to jump in and go.
Mahmudul islam
Mahmudul islam
  • Industry: Civil Engineering
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 30/09/2021

Must use storage option for official works.

I mainly use Dropbox for my office work, yo store all the docs in cloud as backup. Dropbox provide me choice to share files with specific user with full privacy option. Uploading is so fast and for larger files , sometimes takes much times.
Besides it provides 3rd party integration which gives us chance to accelarate our work.

Pros

Most important features Dropbox provides from my perspective is the automatic file backup option. Dropbox takes backup all my documents, helps me to work without fear of losing them. Beside dropbox have world-class security to protect our data..
I can store all my data in cloud and share to official documents for work purpose very easily. Organizations of my documents is very good in Dropbox business. Moreover uploading speed is very fast , I can able to store big files in cloud storage easily and able to track from anywhere.

Cons

Since we are using Dropbox for organizational work, it's fill like it's little bit expensive than other similar service provider, interface is easy but, sometimes need to know basic program knowledge and web client interface knowledge to get full benefit of Dropbox.

Eduardo

Reviewed on 28/12/2021

My personal experience using Dropbox

Dropbox is a simple cloud-based capacity administration and an application for various frameworks, makes it conceivable to get to information from numerous stages.
Offering documents to others is straightforward and simple since it permits both outer and inside gatherings to add to an information record that traverses organizations.
Picking which documents to save locally is straightforward and which are just accessible on the web, and it incorporates consistently with our Windows PCs.
Document, picture, and video synchronizing happen naturally, so we don't need to stress over it what Dropbox simplifies it to do this.

Pros

Dropbox offers includes that will interest both the individual and business client. For business, incorporated devices, for example, Google Docs and Microsoft Word take into account liquid work process and joint effort. Dropbox's choice to coordinate Office 365 and Google Workspace was an astute move, and should give clients certainty that they can flawlessly relocate to the stage.
Utilizing Google or Microsoft Office devices with Dropbox is basic. You can make new reports, share them with others and work together progressively, with alters reflected promptly across your group's Dropbox account.

Cons

Its very well may be more straightforward to switch between them either in the Dropbox OS application or inside the program.
Security and authorizations: I've thought that it is hard to oversee consents around stowed away organizers and security ordered progressions. It's not difficult to impart something to somebody to similar consents, however I've encountered occurrences where two individuals (myself included) have various names for a similar envelope yet can't get to one another's documents, without clarification for why the authorizations are unique

OneDrive and Google Drive

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox Business

The user interface is sometimes slow to respond. Limited editing and collaboration and storage functions.

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Business

Ability to make new reports, share them with others and work together progressively, with alters reflected promptly across your group's Dropbox account.
Nikki
  • Industry: Photography

Reviewed on 26/07/2022

Fast Syncing - Secure - Safe

As a photographer it did not work for me. I think it would be okay for a business that did not need to store a large volume of large files. I did use it for several months and during that time I was able to run my business with success, however I did not find any extra benefits from using Dropbox Business vs other cloud storage.

Pros

I like the compatibility with other software that I've used for a long time, I like the security aspect, dropbox business allows two factor authentication, single sign on, remote device wipe ( I already had to use that once, so glad I had it ) Long term file recovery is great to have.
Syncing files is fast across all devices, it's almost instant. Smart sync saves even more time.
I like the ability to organize files and folders in a way that works for me.

Cons

Large files can be slow on upload or download.
I wish the storage space given for the price was larger. It would be nice to have built in editing tools.

OneDrive, WeTransfer and pCloud Business

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox Business

I switched because I had already been looking for something a little better than Google drive and Dropbox Business caught my eye because of the added security.

Josaphat
Josaphat
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 21/06/2023

Years later, Dropbox still makes my life easier, both at work and at home.

Dropbox for Business does not offer security settings for subfolders. Data loss prevention measures can be implemented, but as third parties are involved, implementing this sharing system may take longer. This is time that some companies may not have.These pros and cons of Dropbox for Business show that this sharing system is designed to be comprehensive, but only when the product includes third-party functionality. This can increase costs.

Pros

Synchronization: Dropbox lets you effortlessly synchronize files once they've been uploaded to an account.A very user-friendly experienceThe ability to limit access to shared data

Cons

This is an expensive solution for the average small business owner.Sometimes it can be difficult to find folders or files.

Reviewed on 04/05/2019

Ahead of it's time when it came out, and now... not so much

Pros

For obvious reasons, this is the most well-known cloud storage platform available. It pioneered the category and has been incredibly useful and valuable to many personal users, small businesses and more. Selective Sync is a great feature (when it works properly) which allows users to select only certain files to sync to their device from a large folder, rather than the root folders themselves. Team collaboration and the desktop app for Windows and OSX are serviceable, for the most part.

Cons

I get headaches when I create the endless laundry list of ways that Dropbox has fallen to the wayside compared to newer offerings like Box and Google Drive. Specifically for medium-sized businesses, I would absolutely NEVER recommend using Dropbox for teams with storage bases larger than ~500GB. Selective Sync rarely works properly, and by default, LAN Sync is enabled in the desktop app. You might think, that sounds great! LAN connection has to be faster than regular internet syncing, right? Absolutely not the case if you have more than 4 computers in a general range of one another and an internet speed of >30mpbs (standard in most businesses nowadays).

Not just in my business, but in many friends/clients/colleague's cases, the same problem plagues us all: the "online-only" and active sync is absolute garbage, and is almost false advertising. Being the de facto IT person in our business, I can't count on two hands how many times the entire DB feed clogs sync, to sometimes ~30K+ files in a pending queue, which never resolves itself, even over the weekend. Atrociously slow download and upload speeds plague the platform, even on good internet connection speed environments, since Dropbox throttles upload and download speeds by default. Why on earth would you do that by default?

In short, don't walk, RUN away from using this program as fast as you can if you're a small-medium business looking for cloud storage. Use literally any alternative - Google Drive, Box, ANYTHING.

Karasinghe Arachchige
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 19/10/2019

Dropbox Business

In a nutshell, this software help to guarantee security satisfaction for sharing sensitive documents for connected stakeholders in the digital platform. Moreover, saves invaluable time for company operations when transferring sensitive data and information at the multinational level. Last but not least, reduce unnecessary courier fees to third-party companies to send vital files, therefore ensure maximum cost savings for companies while boosting the ROI for the company.

Pros

1. Ease of use to this software can be considered as one of the best features in this software because you just need to either do drag and drop or copy and paste.
2. Enable to link various devices through different platforms (Windows, Android, Mac)
3. Allow sharing massive files that cannot be shared through official Email communications like Microsoft Outlook.
4. Guaranteed security for sharing documents because the stakeholders are aware that unlike Emails; only connected people have access to view these items.
5. Ease of upload from Mobile phones is recognized as the best feature.
6. Any activity inside the Dropbox notifies at the same time between the connected parties. For Example, if someone deleted a file from one end, instantly sharing messages among other devices like PC and pop up as small notifications.
7. Allows the company to expand the storage space is an ultimate feature as it helps the company to reduce physical archives and renting spaces.
8. It can allow third parties to share the files despite them having Dropbox software; therefore help to reduce the work time and enhance operational efficiency.

Cons

1. Sometimes it takes time to upload the files despite a strong broadband facility available since some of the connected direct stakeholders in the loop had to wait to see the shared file for some time which I did by using my PC
2. For Mobile Dropbox users, not getting a pop-up notification when activity was done by using a PC
3. Not Experienced visible updates

Reviewed on 29/04/2022

Easy file management and cloud storage system

Dropbox has always been a reliable service for me and has saved me from accidental deletions of design files I've worked hours on. Mac sync app works well, though there have been times I've had to pause and restart sync to get files to download/upload. Sharing permissions have been helpful when working with others.

Pros

Great file synchronization to the cloud. Smart Sync has been a game changer for freeing up hard drive space while still having access to files stored in the cloud. Reliable storage and file management. File sharing has been seamless. 180 days to recover files has been sufficient, even 30 days on the plus plan is great.

Cons

The push to upgrade can be frustrating. Also the online interface could be updated, although I do mainly use the built in sync features on my Mac.

Google Drive and iCloud

Google Drive and iCloud
Tinomutenda Marshal

Reviewed on 12/06/2022

Faster file transfers and syncing

Dropbox does everything right, from its boundless capacity alternative to its long list of third-party integrative. Commerce clients have everything they require, but that comes at a cost. Dropbox’s family as a capacity supplier carries a tall cost tag. That cost is worth it, but depending on how numerous workers you've got, it still may be as well much. If you'll foot the charge, you’ll discover an fantastically easy-to-use capacity benefit, notwithstanding of your company estimate. Be that as it may, ease of utilize is favored over security, and in spite of the fact that it’s been nearly a decade since Dropbox’s information breach, we still have a few questions when it comes to protection

Pros

Whether it's sharing records for work or making robotized reinforcements for basic records so that you'll never lose them, Dropbox is fabulous as a multi-purpose stage. In the event that you're as of now utilizing it for cloud capacity, you'll also collaborate on docs and records along side other clients with ease. After you welcome them or receive an welcome, you'll co-edit docs. Dropbox record versions are put away in changelogs, which you'll be able browse to see the alters made, the title of the individual who made the edit, and the date and time. This makes a difference fix any changes that are superfluous or outlandish in hindsight without having to rework or alter the record physically. You'll essentially reload a past adaptation from the changelog and make another delicate duplicate to utilize as a base for future collaborations

Cons

Teamwork through Dropbox is a successful way to be more profitable and oversee your work. Through its Paper highlight, you'll be able make docs, sheets, slides, and more on your capacity. By moving them to the shared organizer, you'll permit others get to to them to alter on their possess or in a collaborative exertion. Concurrent altering with a marker speaking to each client makes it helpful to keep track of each user's alters and history. Comparable to forking stores, one can make delicate duplicates to their capacity from the shared folder for changes

Reviewed on 10/10/2022

I only wish…

Pros

Dropbox is my favorite file sharing solution. It’s easy to use, understand, and integrates with all my devices. Only problem is their marketing team over priced the product. They have a plan that is too small for most businesses, and a plan that is too big. If they made a couple of tiers in between many SMB’s such as myself would switch back to Dropbox. Right now it’s just too expensive compared toto Google. Other than the pricing issue, Dropbox is fantastic!

Cons

Plans are either too small in storage, or too large and expensive. They need in between plans for most SMB’s to use it happily and feel like they are getting a great value. Their marketing team priced me and about 5 companies I know about personally (friends of mine) to Google. Their sales philosophy is saving a nickel to lose a quarter. Really sad. Especially since they are a superior product to Google and Microsoft in my opinion.

SugarSync

SugarSync

• Industry: Furniture

Reviewed on 01/04/2018

Reliable and fast-syncing cloud storage app with fair pricing

Storing and syncing files I use frequently between my devices

Pros

To me, the best aspect of Dropbox is that it syncs very quickly and consistently. I never have to wonder if it did or didn't sync my files or folders, which is a problem I've encountered with other apps. That, and it is simple enough to use that even the most computer illiterate people can usually figure it out. Just about everyone knows about it and has seen/used a Dropbox link before, so it makes life easier when trying to share files. The Pro plan (what I use) isn't a bargain, but for the reliability I'd say it's fair enough and worth paying for if you have the budget. It has built in video players, document and image viewers and audio players so that the person you're sharing with doesn't need an external application to view your file.

Cons

For Dropbox to be such a big company, I expect more options for managing and sharing my files, especially in the mobile app. Sometimes, it is very frustrating trying to figure out how to carry out a certain action, or worse, realizing there's no built in feature for that action at all. I'm not sure if this is Dropbox's way of trying to "dumb down" the application to try and simplify things for its users, but it sure would be nice for them to figure out how to strike a balance between usability and functionality. Also, it used to be easier to get a decent amount of storage with their sharing promos, but now the amount of storage available on free is outclassed by several other cloud apps, making it less appealing. They need an option between the free version and the Pro version for people who don't need more than 10 GB but not 1 TB of cloud storage.

Atul

Reviewed on 02/02/2023

Most Recommended

Dropbox is a cloud-based file storage and collaboration platform that offers a range of features to help individuals and teams work together more efficiently. Its easy-to-use interface, reliable storage, and extensive collaboration tools make it a popular choice for businesses of all sizes. The mobile app and third-party integrations also add to its convenience. However, its cost and limited storage space compared to other solutions, as well as potential performance issues and privacy concerns, may be drawbacks for some users. Overall, Dropbox is a solid choice for those looking for a simple and accessible cloud storage solution, but it may not be the best fit for businesses with more demanding needs.

Pros

Easy to use: Dropbox Business is user-friendly and easy to set up, making it accessible to users of all technical levels.Cloud storage: Dropbox Business offers secure and reliable cloud storage, allowing employees to access important files and documents from anywhere in the world.Collaboration tools: Dropbox Business offers a range of collaboration tools, such as file sharing, comments, and version history, that make it easier for teams to work together on projects.Mobile app: The Dropbox Business mobile app allows users to access their files and documents on-the-go, making it a convenient option for remote workers.Integrations: Dropbox Business integrates with a range of third-party apps, such as Microsoft Office and Slack, to provide a more streamlined workflow.

Cons

Cost: Dropbox Business can be more expensive than other cloud storage solutions, making it a less accessible option for small businesses with limited budgets.Limited storage space: Dropbox Business provides limited storage space compared to other cloud storage solutions, which may not be enough for larger businesses with high storage requirements.Performance issues: Some users have reported performance issues with Dropbox Business, such as slow upload speeds and slow file transfer times.Limited administrative control: Dropbox Business has limited administrative control compared to other enterprise solutions, making it less suitable for large businesses with complex data governance needs.Privacy concerns: As a cloud storage solution, Dropbox Business may raise privacy concerns for some users, who are wary of storing sensitive data on third-party servers.

Reviewed on 05/10/2018

The king of online storage with some caveats

Pros

The core product of Dropbox is rock solid. It's an easy to use, fast, no nonsense online storage and file sharing service. Sharing content with a link is very good and easy to use, plus the option to receive comments on this content is very welcome for many professionals. Shared folders appear in your collaborators respective Dropbox and sync instantly. Nerdy things like delta-updates (meaning that if you change a single word to your file, it only uploads the difference and not the whole file again), LAN syncing (computers in the same local network don't have to download shared folders' content) are not just nice to have, but a core details that push Dropbox over the top.

Cons

Lately Dropbox has been trying to nickel and dime Plus users: their new file streaming functionality in reserved only for Pro (their mid tier). Additionally, they have been pushing heavily for either Free or Plus users to upgrade to more costly tiers, quite obtrusively. Also, they couldn't issue a business invoice for my Plus account, as this was only possible for Pro account -- although it's clearly a business expense for me.
So personally, after being a Plus customer for years, it made more sense to stick with the Free plan for some basic collaboration and storage, and switch to G Suite Google Drive, which doesn't have fancy things like delta-updates and isn't as straightforward as Dropbox, but what it does have is infinite storage and file streaming built-in.
All in all, you can decide what's best for you, but choose wisely because switching between these services can be quite a headache.