busybusy Reviews

About busybusy

busybusy is the #1 GPS Time Tracking and Job Costing Software for Construction. Accurately track field hours and reduce payroll time by 67%. Employees love this simple-to-use mobile time clock. Track employee timesheets and...

Browse busybusy Reviews

Melinda
Melinda

Reviewed on 23/05/2018

We use Busybusy both in the field and in the office. We love the flexibility & mobility it...

Access to real-time data and tracking and the ability for users to provide additional information by using descriptive fields.

Pros

It can be used anywhere. We have construction crews in the field and it's great that they can use it wherever they are and we can have real-time data without having to wait for the end of the week for paper timecards. It takes a lot of the burden off of our foremen and frees them up for more important work. Plus, their customer service is outstanding!

Cons

Limited reporting features. Their canned reports often provide either two little data, or too much data that their canned reports often provide either two little data, or too much data that nut then needs to be manipulated in Excel.

Response from busybusy

Hi Melinda,

Thank you for your review. We are happy your mobile crew can easily capture and send data from the field. It's a bummer to hear our reports are limited. I hope you've been able to submit the reports as feature request. If not, I'd be happy to jump on a shared screen meeting with you to further look at what reports you need.

Replied 30/07/2018
Ian

Reviewed on 07/07/2023

Love BusyBusy

Wrapped multiple paper processes into 1 app. The support has been fantastic.

Pros

Ability to wrap timecards, daily field reports, safety reports, and production tracking into 1 app.

Cons

The name....lol. I thought it was cheezy. Other than that, I think it's a new product and will continue to improve over time..

kristin

Reviewed on 02/08/2018

Its easy to use however, its functionality to save clocking in and out is an issue

Being able to clock in on my phone. Accessibility through phone and computer. Being able to view time cards and current hours in pay period. Checking and signing time cards makes it easier to be paid on time.

Pros

busybusy offers an app that has a simple design and easy to use interface. It also offers a website that has a simple but more in depth view if needed. The layout for the clocking system is cool and I like how it tracks your time. Viewing old time cards is a positive thing for me also.

Cons

The app and website have been unreliable at times to save punches, which makes it where employees have to remembers their times instead of what the app is suppose to be doing, which is tracking those punches. It wastes time for the administration staff to have to go back into time cards and fix multiple punches between multiple employees.

Response from busybusy

Hi Kristin,

Thank you for your review. We are happy you like how simple the design is. We are sorry to hear the app is not saving punches for your team. I would recommend giving the app a little time to sync with the server after clocking in or changing the status of the time clock. Please make sure the employees have the latest software downloaded on their apps and latest software too. I hope this helps.

Replied 03/08/2018

Top busybusy Alternatives

Jorge

Reviewed on 24/05/2018

it does what you needed for. but it gets stack or freezes without advise

What I mentioned on top, that it fulfills the DOT Requirements for the use of ELD Devices that reached a death line where now it is mandatory; I really wish it does the long Driver-logs for on the road too? may be it will be something you are working on and then it will be ideal? as per the price? I don't know how much you charge since i'm not the owner of company I used for .

Pros

THat it really does what the new rule of Driver Local will ask for as it applies to me as a Truck Driver Local within the 100 miles radius

Cons

it consumes your battery real fast and before you know you are out unless you inhabilitate the location. sometimes, it also don't save your entry as you did? you run the day thinking that it is tracking and at the end you find it that it still hanging on the save screen?

Response from busybusy

Thanks for the review. Our location services really only logs when you clock in. If you are not running your location services otherwise you will notice a change in the battery usage. This can be seen in your battery diagnostics within the app. Our recommendation is to disable the location services for other apps.
-DH

Replied 11/07/2018

Reviewed on 25/05/2018

Overall a good and simple way for me to track job costs and employee hours. Super easy to use

Pros

Clock in/clock out location function allows me to see who started on what job when. It takes no time to show a new employee how to use and work the app, and I can easily see employees hours and cost right when I need to

Cons

When I go to enter someone's time manually, as I enter their start time it automatically adjusts their end time and visa-versa. Not a huge issue but gets annoying

Response from busybusy

Hi There,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. I'm so glad you have had a good experience with the app!

Please reach out to us from the support button within the app or reach out to us (855) 287-9287 or email [email protected] we will be happy to help you.

-MMA

Replied 03/07/2018
Adam
Adam

Reviewed on 24/05/2018

ease of use, have all the feature for a great time capture system

saving on payroll processing

Pros

apps for phone and tablet
export to some accounting software
possibility to use cost codes
track equipment time

Cons

missing a scheduling function
app for phone is not totally stable all the time
could get a task manager function

Response from busybusy

Hi Adam,

thanks for taking the time to leave a review.
Love to hear that you've found cost codes and equipment easy to use and useful!

Thanks for the feedback regarding those features you'd like to see! I'll reach out to you directly for more information on what you'd like to see.

-ZL

Replied 09/07/2018
Jim

Reviewed on 22/09/2023

Busy Busy Review

Pros

I don't have to write out my time any more. It's really easy to use. I like the project information and can go right to an address

Cons

Not really sure. Never have used another app before

Taylor
Taylor
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 22/05/2018

So simple to use! Finally an app all my techs don't complain about!

Less headache when payday comes around!

Pros

The time card reports, they make doing payroll so much quicker! Easy to find, easy to read!! Also the break tracking feature. I'm not hunting down technicians anymore to ask them if they took a break, it's right there at my fingertips when I'm ready to process payroll :)

Cons

Very rarely, but its happened a couple of times, I've been logged out of my app on my phone. Nothing too frustrating, I log back in and I'm back in business!

Response from busybusy

Thanks so much for the kind words, Taylor. We are thrilled to hear that software is working for you so well.
-DH

Replied 15/08/2018
Payal

Reviewed on 09/08/2023

Great Service

very good

Pros

Customer service and friendly staff to help all the time.

Cons

needs improvement in time sheets printing process.

Ryan

Reviewed on 02/11/2023

Great tool

Pros

I like that it allows me to get notifications when you leave a job

Cons

It’s always a problem for me to sign my time card! Hardly ever comes up!

Tara

Reviewed on 11/03/2023

HN Excavation

There's really nothing negative in my mind. It's just a good, user friendly app for timekeeping and I don't think anyone could go wrong in adopting this program for their employees time keeping.

Pros

Ease of use/ user friendly Ease of teaching others how to useInformation available on my mobile device no matter where I amEasy to make changes Linked to our payroll company, which I love that they are familiar with it (they are the ones that started us using it). I really like that we are looking at the same thing.

Cons

I have not really learned any more about busybusy since we first started using it almost 2 years ago. I am not very tech savy, and so I have not done any self learning. I have reached out to my rep to go over new and interesting things but we just have not been able to connect. To be fair to busybusy, every day I log in, there is self learning updates right there at the top; I just have never looked at any of them because I don't know if it will apply to us or if it will even make sense to me.

Kyle
  • Industry: Furniture

Reviewed on 22/05/2018

Busybusy has taken away the headache from our old time card system

We were able to track our jobs and the hours our employees worked per job more accurately. It's also helped our employees be a little more responsible for their own time cards.

Pros

It was very easy for our employees to learn how to use the app on their phones. When they forget to clock in or out, it is possible for me to go in and edit their hours. I also like the reports that are available. It makes it easy when it comes to payday to see a report of each employee and double-check the hours they worked.

Cons

Some of the tasks take a few too many clicks to get through or are a little confusing. For example, finding an employees time card from a previous day takes 4 or 5 different menus. I've gotten used to it after using it for so long, but I remember it was confusing at first.

I also struggle with the little clock that pops up to choose an employees clock-in or clock-out time. I'd rather just type in the time than move the hour/minute hands on a clock.

I also wish there was a way to get notified when an employees scheduled time off is coming up. We let our employees schedule time off as far out as possible, but when the time comes, we've forgotten about it. We actually don't use this feature of the Busybusy software, but would if it was more helpful to us.

Response from busybusy

Great review and fair critiques. We are actively working on improving the navigation on our web and mobile experience, as well as a notification piece. Thanks for the great ratings!

Replied 20/08/2018
Craig
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 17/07/2023

Easy to Use and Great Customer Service

The feedback and responsiveness not only from the customer support but also the Dev. Team will keep us using this product until we can no more.

Pros

The ability to enable and disable almost every basic feature makes building out the system easy and quick. Allowing you to make it the exact way you would want it. With the room for growth into the application from a basic time and project tracking to full blown project management and profit tracking, the opportunity for you and this company are endless.

Cons

While there are a few niche things we were looking for, but couldn't get to work, Busy busy makes up for in their customer service and willingness to receive customer feedback for improvements.

Paycor

Reasons for Switching to busybusy

Cost, and overall functionality.
Amy

Reviewed on 04/04/2023

Easy answers to complex needs

With guys in construction it is great for them to clock in and out where ever they are. If they forget it is easy to fix. I get follow up calls now and then from busybusy to see if I am using what I need or if I need more access. Being able to choose which job they are at helps us code our workers comp class codes.

Pros

The ease of employees not needing training much for this app. It does so many things we don't use but would find valuable such as the gps and equipment used.

Cons

I do not have a complaint about busybusy.

Beverly

Reviewed on 25/07/2022

A good value for the buck

The problems we are solving involve employee hours. They can't sign in until they on site. That was our original purpose in signing up for this app. We have found other good uses such as seeing where the truck is when needed, and for me personally, I can see which employees are on the job and where they are.

Pros

I like how intuitive the program is. I like that, as the administrator, I can set the rules in the settings. I love the QuickBooks integration. It imports directly into the "Enter Time" part of QuickBooks. I like the customer support. They are quick to respond.

Cons

There are aspects of the software that I would never have noticed except via customer support like being able to sort by last name instead of first name, and payroll mapping. If I don't have everything correct, it won't import that employee hours.

Sukhdeep

Reviewed on 24/05/2018

We are using busy busy in our electrical company. Busy busy is fairly easy to use on PC and...

The exact time the employees worked onsite. I can track the break time and GPS location of employees.

Pros

I like the easy user interface of platform as it is simple to use on both computers and mobile phone. As an admin it gives me access to edit employees time cards if they made an mistake. The GPS feature is really great to find out where employees actually are when they log into busy busy. This way owner can check if employees are really onsite or not.

Cons

Only thing that bothers me is that software do not have 15 minutes time rounding feature. Everytime I got the timecards like 8:04 min and then have to adjust to 8 hours.

Response from busybusy

Hi Sukhdeep,

Thank you for your review. We are glad its easy to use and edit time entries. We also love the GPS feature. We actually do have a rounding feature that rounds time in 15 minute intervals. From your computer, go to Company Settings>>Time Keeping>>Change next to Rounding Time. You will need access to Company Settings to be able to turn on this feature.

I hope this helps,

Replied 05/07/2018
Klayton

Reviewed on 01/06/2018

Very user friendly

No messy time cards no waste of paper or book keeping

Pros

So easy to use , everything is titled with what you need to know and self explanatory to clock in and out easy to make adjustments when you forget to clock in and out or if you didn't take your brake

Cons

The bad things about the busy busy app were to start it's a great app I have nothing bad to say other then getting kicked off or out of the app but that may be the cell phone provider I use if I had to say one bad thing it would be to maybe make it were it's a little more user friendly to make adjustments to your time in the app other then the you could say you have A very happy user

Response from busybusy

Hi Klayton, We appreciate the feedback. Your glowing review makes us blush! Look out for our next releases as we improve the simplicity to edit time.
-David

Replied 06/06/2018
Brett

Reviewed on 17/07/2023

Great tool for job cost accounting

Pros

Busy Busy makes it very easy to switch between jobs and labor divisions. For a busy remodeling company with several open jobs, Busy Busy is invaluable for keeping our labor costs on the right track.

Cons

Busy Busy would be even easier to use if it had a widget or was able to work via voice commands on a phone or tablet. Text reminders to punch out when leaving a jobsite would be enhanced with text reminders to sign your timecard at the end of a given pay period.

Jeanell

Reviewed on 23/08/2022

BusyBusy Super User Friendly

Pros

We especially like the time keeping function of this software. The ease of use and mobile integration work very well together. We are able to train and have people up and running on it immediately. We love that you can clock in and out on breaks and the using the geo system has allowed us to use time management more effectively.

Cons

The time off requests are still a little cumbersome to work through. There needs to be some notification when requests are made and the reports seem to be limited.

Aron

Reviewed on 24/05/2018

Positive and has good features

Quick and accurate time reporting

Pros

The mobile platform for the guys. The geofencing is a good feature. I like the GPS clock in locations and the ability to have descriptions of what the guys were doing.

Cons

Reports are a little difficult, No sync between old Busybusy and new. I had a little difficulty logging onto the jobs at first but figured it out. I wish that there was ability to have more reporting on my iPhone rather than the computer.

Response from busybusy

Hi Aron,

thanks for taking the time to leave a review. I'm so glad to hear you like the geofencing, gps location, and descriptions!

We are constantly adding new features and have added reporting to the mobile device. If theres more you'd like to see we'd love to hear your feedback under our feature requests!

-ZL

Replied 11/07/2018
Jane
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 24/05/2018

BusyBusy has been amazing to use. It is easy to clock in and out from any device!

Not having to add up the hours on my own. The software does it on its own. I do not have to worry about printing my time card and delivering it to the right person. I just sign and I am done.

Pros

I love that my phone and computer sync up so I can clock in out my computer but when I am at an event or something and need to switch projects I can do that from my phone. This helps to cut down on wasted time going back and forth from sites.

Cons

There are times that my computer and phone don't show the same time. It is frustrating but is an easy fix. I also wish that I could sign my time card whenever I am done for the week. There are weeks in which I finish on a Thursday and I cannot sign my card until Sunday. This is something that I forget to do until the last minute. I wish we could fix this feature.

Response from busybusy

Hi Jane,

Thank you for the feedback. We are happy you love how easy it is for you to use both apps. I will add you to the feature request we have already. Customers have also expressed a desire to sign time cards early and not have to wait until the pay period closes.

Replied 13/07/2018
Miranda

Reviewed on 17/11/2022

Essential for construction site time management

Pros

We love how easy it is for not only administrators but also for employees to use. We use the geolocation and GPS to remind employees to clock in and out; which in turn, makes for more accurate time cards.

Cons

It wasn't hard for us to start using this program or even for us to integrate it into our time management. I admit we don't use all features and functions because upon initial signup we had specific needs and didn't look at the other functions. Now, I need to make the time to explore more than the few functions we use to see how we can benefit even more from this software.

Jason

Reviewed on 22/05/2018

Great overall! Saves us time and money in many aspects of our business.

Pros

Eliminates the paper time cards. Saves time running payroll. Easy to job cost from reports. Easily check and verify that employees are where they are when they say they are. Customer service is great and they are always willing to help out and do it quickly.

Cons

During our slow months we go back and do an in depth review of all the jobs including labor hours and materials and it would be nice to be able to better organize archived jobs in to years completed. The more years we use it the more complicated it will get.

Response from busybusy

Thanks for the review. Currently in your reporting, you can view the data by a given time range. This would help you see each year broken down.

Replied 20/08/2018
Mahala

Reviewed on 29/05/2018

We love the convenience the app offers us for reporting & our employees for clocking in/out...

Many benefits

Pros

Convenience to clock in/out from any location and the reminders when you leave the job-site. The ability to make sure our staff is entering the correct location on time by using the GPS location functions, project reporting is easy to export to Excel for project management.

Cons

Some of the time adjusting features are a little out dated; we would like to see a way to click on a project and to be able to view who is working at the project.

Response from busybusy

Hi Mahala, We appreciate the review. Happy to hear that you are benefiting from the features we have put so much time and effort in creating. Look for our ongoing updates to the app. I think you'll like what you find.
-DH

Replied 26/06/2018
Shannon

Reviewed on 06/09/2018

I would recommend Busybusy!

Pros

Some good things about this software is that they let you develop it how your specific company needs it. We made it match our accounting system so that was really nice. They've been really helpful to work with whenever we've had questions or any concerns. I work on busybusy and its so much easier for me to navigate through and fix problems that we have with payroll.

Cons

The only con I would say is that sometimes this software can be slow, even when your online. I had some employee's who have had a problem with their app and I just tell them to delete the app and put it back on their phone and then the app usually works for them again.

Response from busybusy

Hi Shannon,

Thank you for your review. We are happy you would recommend busybusy. So good to hear we were able to work with you for your accounting needs.

If you run into any issues like this, please have your team reach our support team within their app by going to support>>chat so we can troubleshoot further.

I hope this helps,