Campaign Monitor by Marigold Reviews

About Campaign Monitor by Marigold

Campaign Monitor by Marigold is a cloud-based email marketing solution that helps businesses manage new subscriptions, send email newsletters and generate reports. It caters to businesses of all sizes across various industry...

Browse Campaign Monitor by Marigold Reviews

Masturah
Masturah
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 14/08/2021

Very easy to use as a email service

Pros

Campaign Monitor is one of the very effective email marketing software that can be used even for a newcomer that has never use this kind of this software before. It can be configure to sent multiple type of email marketing to find the winning email for that set of audience list.

Cons

It lacks of tools to customized the email body, and not much design that we can create for our email marketing. We can only choose from the template design that provided by the software and not all the template design is fit with the email objective. I really hope they can add more design for the template.

Stephenie
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 15/11/2022

Best Email Marketing tool available

I enjoy using Campaign Monitor and will continue to use it for years to come. They are constantly adding new features and updating how things function as new technologies arise.

Pros

I have been using Campaign Monitor for almost 10 years now and I love the consistent updates available and that the software is always on the edge of what is trending in email marketing. I also love that it is super user-friendly and anyone can learn how to use it with very little training. My favorite feature is the fact that it takes the guesswork out of wondering whether your email will preview on a phone or tablet. The built-in mobile device/tablet view is fantastic and I use that every time I send an email out to make sure it looks good on desktop and mobile. I also like the reporting feature that lets you see who opened your email and who didn't and other useful stats.

Cons

As a designer, I wish I could customize the emails a little more and that CM provided more formatting options when creating the email, but I understand it has to meet the need of the masses more than my niche market.

Reviewed on 02/03/2018

Solid ESP that's like the Toyota of email solid, dependable, but not feature-rich.

It makes it easy for us to send emails to our list of 200,000+ subscribers. While the features are basic, and we want to see more advanced controls and segmentation features added, it's a stable system.

Pros

Extremely solid and reliable ESP. Doesn't go down often, and there are minimal issues with deliverability. The features are basic, but solid and there aren't many bugs.

Cons

There's a strong lack of features. For example, there are no simple ways to send emails to an unopened segment. There's also no way to easily clean/prune inactive email subscribers. And third, there are limitations on automation triggers.

Top Campaign Monitor by Marigold Alternatives

Marketo Engage

Emma by Marigold

Salesforce Marketing Cloud

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reviewed on 03/12/2020

The Best Email Service Provider on the Market!

Campaign Monitor is wonderful. I recommend it enthusiastically to anyone looking for a full service, easy to use email platform.

Pros

Excellent customer service -- a human picks up the phone when you call and works with you to creatively solve problems, if you use the Premier tier. Dashboards and analytics are all intuitive and easy to use. Automation journeys are easy to build and update. Drag and drop templates are easy to use.

Cons

I wish we could establish settings to automatically scrub emails after that were inactive over a certain period. These segments are already created automatically, but we have to export files and copy in email addresses to remove subscribers. I also wish it integrated with ZeroBounce, my preferred email deliverability tool.

I also sometimes wish I could edit the HTML on particular sends.

Reasons for Switching to Campaign Monitor by Marigold

It's the best point solution on the market, at its price point. And the customer service is glorious.
Svend Bertil
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 25/01/2023

Great Email Automation Tool: Campaign Monitor

Overall, my experience with Campaign Monitor has been very positive. It is an intuitive and user-friendly platform that allows me to easily create and send emails. The analytics and customer support are also helpful.

Pros

Campaign Monitor is an excellent email automation tool that is user-friendly and easy to use. It has an intuitive interface, great customer support, and comprehensive analytics. I appreciate that I can easily customize my emails and track their performance.

Cons

The only downside of Campaign Monitor is the cost. It is quite expensive compared to other solutions. Additionally, some features are limited, such as the ability to personalize emails based on customer segments.

Reviewed on 03/03/2022

Great site for designing custom or template marketing emails

We are able to reach many people sending out our digital campaigns. With the A and B versions available in each campaign, we can learn what to add to our next campaign to get better click through rates.

Pros

Even though Campaign Monitor has email templates to use for designs I design custom emails outside the website and upload the html, which is easy enough to do and enables you to see a preview and edit it real time on the site. We also find the option to have a text only version of the email convenient. The site has its own inbox and spam testing on several clients so we know how our email will look in people's inboxes and this helps avoid email display problems as well as it ending up in a spam folder. The option to send out A and B versions of our email campaigns has been invaluable. We can see what works and what doesn't with each email campaign.

Cons

I have nothing really negative to say about this software for what I use it for. When I first started using it, the location and functionality of things on the page was not intuitive but they have made huge improvements to the website that make it easier to navigate and set things up.

Reviewed on 25/07/2019

We've tried many, and this seems to lead the pack.

Overall, the best email marketing solution my team has worked with in the last year. Fair value for money i must say too.

Pros

- Great suggestive features such as email-body formatting tips

- Nice delivery and send-out time

- Extensive scenario handling for segmentations and optional blocks

- Great responsiveness of website across multiple form factors on devices(mobile, tablet, etc)

Cons

- Some features and configurations can be a bit hard to figure out without a fairly technical background

- Email builder templates felt a bit restrictive in terms of styling and formatting options

Zoho Mail and Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to Campaign Monitor by Marigold

Well, we kind of had to try all of them, and just stuck with Campaign Mon. because it just worked!

Reviewed on 29/06/2022

Best Email Marketing Platform Available

Campaign Monitor allows us to create email marketing templates, manage our subscriber lists, and send out our email communications to our customers and also analyze their interest in our content.

Pros

I have used many email marketing platforms and Campaign Monitor is above all the best and most functional. It is very easy to use and my emails look very professional.

Cons

There isn't anything I dislike about Campaign Monitor. It's truly the most functional email marketing software available.

Reasons for Switching to Campaign Monitor by Marigold

I have had issues with formatting emails in other email marketing platforms in the past. Campaign Monitor doesn't have those same issues so it speeds up my projects.
Asheton
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 04/02/2020

Nice Email Automation Tool

It was a good platform for email marketing, but wasn't a CRM solution.

Pros

I like how easy it was to set up email automation campaigns. We had a custom template and I thought Campaign Monitor worked pretty well with it. Organizing and segmenting our lists was also a breeze.

Cons

The main reason we left and switched to Hubspot was because Hubspot was an all-in-one CRM tool that connected to many of our other programs that we use.

Prudencia
Prudencia
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 26/03/2023

Campaign Monitor Review

My overall experience with Campaign Monitor has been positive. It is a great platform for creating and managing email campaigns. It is easy to use and user-friendly. It also has a lot of features that make it easy to customize and tailor your campaigns. The customer service is also great, with a helpful and knowledgeable team available to answer any questions I have had. and easy to use. The visual editor is simple and powerful, allowing users to quickly create and customize emails. The automation features make it easy to set up complex campaigns and the analytics tools provide useful insights into the performance of campaigns. The customer service team is also very helpful and responsive.

Pros

I really like the simplicity of Campaign Monitor. It is easy to use and understand. The drag-and-drop editor makes it really easy to create beautiful, responsive emails. I also appreciate the ability to segment and personalize emails to target different user groups. The reporting interface is also very helpful for tracking email performance. The customer service has been excellent. Whenever I have had any questions, the team has been quick to respond and very helpful.

Cons

Their templates were limited and customization of those templates was limited too. The design elements were not user-friendly and navigating the user interface was a hassle. Additionally, their support options were lacking and customer service was not always very helpful or knowledgeable. Furthermore, Campaign Monitor lacked in reporting and analytics capacities, making it difficult to measure the performance of campaigns and to make informed decisions based on the data.

Annie Guo
Annie Guo
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 16/08/2021

Similar to other e-mail marketing platforms but not as pretty

Recently, our subscriber list grew to over 10,000 so we had to increase into the next payment plan. I believe the costs are reasonable as we use Campaing Monitor on more than 10 different projects for the company.

Pros

Campaign Monitor is easy to use to create emails to send to a list of subscribers. What I like the most about the software is the ability to duplicate a previous email campaign so you don't have to recreate all of the content (e.g. you may have a monthly newsletter with the same banner/image or social media buttons). This option makes it easy to send out regular information without completely reformatting the content.

Cons

Campaign Monitor is similar to other platforms such as MailChimp and Constant Contact, but I think it is not as aesethically pleasing or quirky with the language it uses. Some of its functions are more limited, such as formating boxes or resizing photos. Often you just have to work with the formatting you are given and can't expect it to have the best design.

Constant Contact and Mailchimp
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 25/05/2023

Email Automation

Pros

Campaign Monitor offers a user-friendly interface that makes it easy for users, even those with limited technical expertise, to create and manage email campaigns.

Cons

While Campaign Monitor offers integrations with popular tools, the range of integrations may be more limited compared to other email marketing platforms.

Sunitha
Sunitha
  • Industry: Program Development

Reviewed on 24/02/2023

Campaign Monitor

They have a wide range of features and the user interface is very intuitive and easy to use. The reporting features are also very useful and the customer service team is always available to offer assistance. I have also found their prices to be competitive and their customer service to be excellent.

Pros

I'm really impressed with the features and functionality of Campaign Monitor. It's incredibly easy to use and offers a lot of flexibility. The drag-and-drop editor makes it simple to create great-looking emails and its ability to personalize each one with customer data allows me to send targeted messages.

Cons

One of my least favorite aspects of Campaign Monitor is that it does not offer an integrated analytics platform. This means that users have to use third-party tools such as Google Analytics to track the performance of campaigns.

Annie

Reviewed on 16/09/2021

Easy to use both with the email builder software and also uploading custom coded

So perfect for managing multiple clients, multiple campaigns, and multiple brands all in one place. Easy to upload email campaigns and set to different audience lists as well as different credit cards for payment purposes.

Pros

I love that this software lets you either upload your own custom coded emails OR you can use their email builder. We manage a lot of different clients and for some, we have our own, custom programmed email campaigns, and for others, we use the builder. The builder is a lot more customizable than one might think. sometimes you have to get creative with how to make it look a certain way, but it can be clean, minimal, and on-brand in minutes. I also love that when you upload your own coded emails, it checks to make sure all of the files add up and will tell you if there is an error.

Cons

Sometimes I wish the custom builder software was even MORE customizable, but I understand that in order for it to be that easy to use, you can't make it too much more complicated with customizing.

Gareth

Reviewed on 05/02/2020

Rock solid

We use Campaign Monitor to keep track of lists on course registrations. We've had the same code running for years and have never run into issues. The API is very stable and after 5 years we haven't had any issues, no breaking changes or anything related to it. I'm very happy with the services provided.

Pros

I liked the documentation, it's nice and easy to read as well as follow. Integrating with their API was also easy, I had no issues with that and works well. The responses are great and errors that you do get are easy to understand and resolve.

Cons

I can't fault Campaign Monitor on anything regarding our use case, it has fulfilled our desired use cases.

Reviewed on 13/01/2022

Easy to use with basic functionality

Pros

We've been using Campaign Monitor to send transactional and newsletter emails for over 7 years without any issues. Once things area set up, it's very easy to use.

Cons

It gets relatively expensive once your list size grows past a couple hundred thousand subscribers. Modern competitors (like Klaviyo) include the same basic functionality for similar price or cheaper, and then also include tons of additional features like abandoned shopping carts, realtime website integration for better segmentation, etc.

Alicia
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Reviewed on 06/01/2023

Reliable Email Marketing Tool

Overall this is an easy-to-use campaign manager and has many tools that help you with automation. I think this is my favorite email marketing software available that I have tried.

Pros

API is easy to interact with and set up. It integrates well with WordPress, google analytics, salesforce, and Unbounce which was helpful for what I needed. It has fairly good customer service as well which makes me feel confident using the service.

Cons

There were some limitations and delays with the setup, which put me back a couple of days but now that it is set up it is easy to use.

Reviewed on 07/05/2019

Great mid-level email marketing tool

Pros

Very easy to set up triggers and actions. You can get going in Campaign Monitor very quickly. Setting up email sequences based on complex user activities is a breeze. The live reporting feature...with a globe pinpointing exactly where the recipients of your email are opening your email...is super cool and valuable from a geo-marketing point of view. Basic personalization and transactional capabilities are decent as well.

Cons

The support was not the best. Hit and miss. Sometimes they answered questions/resolved issues in almost real-time...but other times it can take them up to 48 hours to get back to you.

• Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 17/06/2020

campaign monitor for email marketing

Managing your email marketing campaigns can be very hard if you don't have the right tools. We have alot of target mails we have to constantly engage meaningful content with, that is why we use campaign monitor to make the work more efficient. It integrates well with most CRM platforms including the one we use.

Pros

The templates helps with customisation for different kinds of customers. Its easy to use in most cases

Cons

Campaign monitor is on the expensive side, there are other tools that can offer similar results at less price.

Mailjet
Brendan

Reviewed on 12/02/2018

Campaign Monitor makes email marketing easy with it's easy to use interface and a ton of...

The biggest benefit was that I was able to get up to speed and learn the software quickly. It wasn't overwhelming and I felt like I could build great looking emails right away.

Pros

I like that it enables you to create great looking email without any prior experience or knowledge coding or building emails. They have a drag and drop email builder that allows you to quickly create beautiful, responsive, mobile-friendly emails in an easy to use interface. Their marketing automation features are also much easier to learn than some of their competitors.

Cons

For advanced email marketers with coding and development knowledge, Campaign Monitor is a little too simple. It really is geared to marketers who don't have a lot of development knowledge and lacks some of the features of Salesforce's Marketing Cloud.

Tim

Reviewed on 28/01/2022

Campaign Monitor Email Marketing Platform

Overall experience with campaign monitor is very good.

Pros

What I like most about Campaign Monitor is it's ease of use. Very easy to put together emails to go out to our data base.

Cons

Some time we have issues with Campaign Monitor because it freezes and you have to start over. Just make sure you save alot while working on a campaign.

Thomas
Thomas

Reviewed on 29/07/2019

Good email tool

Pros

The import function is pretty cool. Simply paste a list into a form and it figures it out by itself.

Cons

The workflow is not always intuitive. More choices should be available at any given time.

Reasons for Choosing Campaign Monitor by Marigold

ExactTarget was really horrible.
Kris

Reviewed on 28/06/2018

An expansive email marketing tool.

Pros

Campaign Monitor is a full-featured, high-quality email marketing tool. My business has found success using this tool for both internal and external audiences. I find the greatest value in the analytics features of the tool. This helps my marketing team use data to plan directed communications to employees and customers.

Cons

The customer service is non-transparent. Campaign Monitor makes many attempts to defer your help requests through pages of FAQs and making it difficult to find their email contact form. It looks like they have a call-in line for premium pay customers, however I did not have any issues I needed to contact them for while I had the premium account.

Brayan Agostinho
Brayan Agostinho
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 11/05/2018

very good email marketing application easy and convenient to use with many essential tools

Pros

If you want to highlight a good email so that your clients do not miss it, Campaign Monitor is ideal.
Campaign Monitor provides us with a large number of essential tools for an email marketing job.
It provides us with a large number of templates and a good form of easy and comfortable editing to create and develop beautiful web designs.
allows us to manage and take control to send emails. perfect for advertising campaigns with a marketing contact organization.
It also includes a tool that keeps us informed in real time and details about who opened the emails and who shared it.
a copañia very attentive to its users. offers us 24/7 attention

Cons

Campaign Monitor only offers us a free demo. I think you should give a free trial of your service for a limited time to get more customers and see everything that this application offers.
I think this application should be developed in more languages to keep growing

• Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 25/08/2023

Campaign Monitor Review

Pros

It’s straightforward to set up with templates and manage email lists. The automation feature is key for us.

Cons

The product somehow feels less intuitive than others I have used in the past.