About Bill4Time

Bill4Time is a cloud-based professional services system that offers time and expense tracking, billing and invoicing, and project management capabilities to many different industries. The system records billable and...

Browse Bill4Time Reviews

Francisco C.

Reviewed on 05/06/2020

Bill4Time got me started, helped me survive Hurricane Maria, and helped me survive covid-19

Awesome. My only thorn is what I wrote in the first "Con".

Pros

It is cloud-based, super user friendly (everyone's learning curve has been quite small), supports electronic billing, and gets the job done effectively and efficiently. If you have to follow billing guidelines that require a separate entry for every discreet task, the "batch" entry feature CANNOT be beat. Being cloud-based, I able to start working on getting my billing up to date within 48 hours of being hit by a CAT-5 hurricane. It has also let our team work remotely during the pandemic while having full access to our billing platform (my billing admin continues to work with us even though she moved out of state!). To put my review into context, after 25 years I opened my own law firm. My clients are mostly multi-national insurance companies that require I submit bills with ABA task and activity codes. I absolutely needed a billing platform, and I did not have the money to pay close to $10k in a server, "traditional software" (I grew up on one of the main legal billing programs out there) and IT setup. This costs me less per year that what such a program would cost, back-ups are taken care of, I can access from anywhere, and I don't have to cough up a pretty penny every five years to upgrade a server or the program. BTW- It has a very decent iOS app to boot (a proper app mind you; not browser based). I have no relation to Bill4Time; I'm just a very happy customer preaching its benefits as the practice of law evolves.

Cons

Even diamonds have flaws (at least most of them). I have only two items I yearn for, which I will share in order of importance:
1. When I look at a case and below I see all the time entries, I can see the activity code but I cannot see the ABA task code unless I click on the entry. It adds a step I would love to see erased when I am correcting our invoices. Not a dealbreaker for sure, but adding this small item would make a difference.
2. Much farther down the list: as far as I know, no Dropbox integration. I want to beg for it and did when I first subscribed to Bill4Time, but at present I am not sure I would even do much with it. Honestly, by now I don't even miss it.
Being cloud-based, your session can hiccup (it's rare but it does happen) and its a nuisance. This is not on Bill4Time; any platform you use via the internet is always subject to this. But the benefits of a cloud-based program (which I mentioned in the "Pros") exceedingly outweigh this, at least for me.

Robert K.

Reviewed on 27/04/2021

Bill4Time user for more than ten years-very happy with it

Excellent-vital and essential tool for my practice. Using it now for more than 13 years.

Pros

Ease of entry and reporting, including new dashboard

Cons

Bill set up a bit cumbersome but not really a problem.

Teri S.

Reviewed on 09/06/2020

I Enjoy Working With Bill4Time

I think Bill4Time is as easy or as complex as the user makes it. It fits those of us who are not really accounting types as well as those who are pros.

I am able to add users, clients, projects, activities, tasks, etc...quickly, and easily. That means a lot to our small business.

Pros

1. I like being able to associate budgets to clients. This is very helpful if it involves a fixed bid project. We don't want to go over budget or under. Running the Budget Report every few days keeps our projects inline with the client's expected investment.

2. I like the new dashboard. It's much more convenient and fun.

3. It's easy to add in contractors when needed. It's easy to give them the access I want them to have. It's also easy to set contractor's rates.

Cons

I would like to be able to include sub-projects (or phases) under a parent project. This would be very convenient.

I would like more control over the report formating. I've noticed that some really wide reports are generated on portrait layout PDFs.

Sometimes we have all hands on deck and are really busy. I would like the software to send out an alert when hours logged are within 10% (or a user-defined percentage) of the associated budget. This would keep us from accidentally going over budget.

William F.

Reviewed on 02/01/2020

Money Well Spent

The various report options help me to understand better what is happening with my case management and accounts receivable.

Pros

Bill4Time is easy to use and provides the features that I need for case management. Customer support is outstanding as well.

Cons

Sometimes it reorders the time that I have entered, but that is not a substantive problem.

Paul D.

Reviewed on 06/10/2020

How I increased my billing with Bill4Time

Customer support is great. Rarely do I need it, but there is always a human being on the phone to help me. Entering my billing is both quick and easy, and it has increased my billing in that I regularly bill my cases each day and add in the short phone calls, quick memos, etc.

Pros

It is so easy to use. At the end of each workday, I try to bill for all the cases handled that day. Bill4Time encouraged me to bill for even .25 hrs. because those phone calls add up. Without a billing system I would not even enter a short phone call into my files.

Cons

Not Applicable. I am a big fan of the software.

Melissa S.

Reviewed on 21/10/2020

A great billing program

I have been using bill for time for several years now. I would not continue to use it if it was not a great program to use.

Pros

I tried two or three different programs before finally deciding on Bill for time. It is very easy to learn for my staff . It's very professional looking. You can pull all the reports you need.I think what I love the best about it is being able to write a note copy and put it in the billing section and getting it all done at one step.

Cons

I guess the least thing I like about the program is on the notes I would like to be able to pull up all the notes on one client and print them all out at one time.

Reviewed on 09/08/2018

Billing is easier with this software!

Pros

We used Bill4time to charge our clients that are using our representation services. Personally, I mostly use it in the Iphone application that you can easily download in your appstore. This software allows you to keep tracking of the time you are investing in each client and it has a lot of descriptions and matters that you can use in order to describe it in your invoice to the client. The app is very easy to understand and is super practical for tracking the time. The software is very friendly in terms of its dashboard and the addition of clients to the database. I also use the function of internal time to track the time I invest in some managerial functions for our own Firm control in order to find ways to elevate our productivity.

Cons

There are some matters missing in the App and you need to use miscellaneous options in order to categorize it which takes you some time.

Carin Z.

Reviewed on 02/01/2020

Easy to use, essential tool

Our company counts on B4T for its time keeping and billing. If we would not have a tool like this, we would miss out on a lot of time not invoiced, or expenses not rebilled.

Pros

It's easy to use and web based. I can add users easily and set their access levels. I never had a problem so far, after working with it for 5 years. The website is never down.

Cons

Can't think of anything about the software, it works perfectly. It is not cheap, that is maybe the only thing.

Raychael U.

Reviewed on 24/05/2018

"Would highly recommend!"

Pros

" Bill4Time has been the only billing system our lawfirm uses that remains user friendly, simple and clear in its layout along with consistency in its formatting and processes. I would highly recommend this product! "

Cons

There are a few glitches when entering whole batches of entries that need to be addressed. For example, some settings don't always transfer through to the next row and it ends up costing valuable time having to go back and change settings on each entry within the batch.

Laurie R.

Reviewed on 03/09/2020

Great for small businesses!

My experience has been only good.

Pros

I have used Bill4Time since I started my solo law practice 3 years ago. It has all the features I need for maintaining my time records, creating invoices and monitoring my accounts receivable and receipts.
I set everything up on my own and have managed to easily use it with little need for support. And it is a great value!

Cons

There isn't anything that I don't like about the product.

Reviewed on 14/09/2018

Bill4Time: Less time on billing.

I have saved a lot of money by using this software, and I would have otherwise had to spend a lot of time and money.

Pros

The software has a very reasonable price for the number of users you are allowed, and the functionality. There are multiple configurations that each client can have depending on the fee structure, and I have never had a problem with creating a billing agreement that could not be expressed in this software.

Cons

It is difficult to finalize the invoices, and occasionally, the software will have issues selecting which client to finalize an invoice for.

Victoria K.

Reviewed on 05/11/2020

Easy to Use

I have been using B4T for over 12 years now and have always found it easy to use.

Pros

Easy to use, very intuitive. Love that I can do all my billing, invoicing and payment tracking in one location.

Cons

The latest app update was a huge improvement but more work is needed to improve efficiency & ease of use. Greater integration with lawpay would be good as well as use by solos.

Stephanie H.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Reviewed on 15/07/2020

Easy to use!

I am billing my time with my administrative and financial consulting services. Overall, I am so appreciative that the process is simple and allows a good tracking/reporting component when it comes to locating the expenses incurred for each client.

Pros

I really appreciate how easy it is to use this software. The set up is minimal and it is convenient to get started billing clients. I like that I can have a pop-out window of the client I am currently working on.

Cons

I don't have any real complaints about the software.

Rick C.
  • Industry: Utilities

Reviewed on 28/04/2021

It works!

It's been a great resource for years.

Pros

Tracking time is easy, and can be done anywhere. Created in the earliest days of software as a service, the cloud-enabled model is the way to go.

Cons

Reports can be challenging to get right...

Katie C.

Reviewed on 22/02/2021

Happy with B4T

Happy with B4T.

Pros

Easy of use, the app on my smart phone.

Cons

Running reports can be a challenge. LIkewise figuring out which report I need for a certain project or information.

Melissa B.

Reviewed on 22/02/2021

Bill4Time provides a great service at a reasonable price

Pros

Tracking time and creating invoices. Setting up clients.

Cons

It can be challenging to switch between hourly billing and per project billing.

Lynda R.

Reviewed on 05/10/2017

I've been a satisfied user for over 6 months.

Ease of use and ability to follow my time both on my phone and on my laptop. It does make my billing cycle so much easier.

Pros

I would mention the ease of use, ease of implementation, the cost is amazing.

Cons

Not very many difficulties and when there are, you can rely on great customer service. My only issue, it that I can customize many things but some are not possible so I have to make my own bills for my french speaking clients.

Excellent

Pros

The website is very user-friendly and the layout is great. It does all the math for me and am able to review my submissions.

Eugenie T.

Reviewed on 06/02/2018

Customer support was quick and useful.

It's a pleasure to use.

Pros

Clarity of interface, color scheme, customer support. That is really all I need to have in a time-keeping program.

Cons

The client/matter lookup is not flexible enough. I would like to be able to search that crosses both data pools.

Martin S.

Reviewed on 29/01/2021

General review

Good

Pros

Easy to use. Flexible. Lot of various options.

Cons

Still getting used to it.

Reviewed on 12/06/2020

B4T

Another item I like it the reporting that can be done. It helps to keep projects within budget.

Pros

I like that it's easy to enter time and view your time entered across the week. It makes it easy to ensure you have all your time entered.

Cons

The accounting tab can be pretty cluttered. It can be difficult to tell which invoices have been paid, and which haven't.

• Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 08/10/2017

since i am using bill4time its very amazing for me to creat monthly report which i am feeling...

Pros

I like the creating reports via bill4time which is very easy and i am not vesting my times every month i am creating reports very easy and professional

Cons

when i am going to enter my times to the bill4time its a little boring because it doesn't have check spelling

Jason H.

Reviewed on 05/10/2017

Clean, easy to use billing software

Its a billing program and is extremely effective at billing. I find no "cons" when comparing to other billing programs I've looked at. I'd love more practice management functionality--but I don't see that as the main purpose/use of this program.

Pros

The program is clean, simple, and available anywhere through the web and various applications for mobile devices. New users are easy to setup and manage. Reporting functions are easy to manage. Downtime is a non-issue. Reports are easy to run and provide the information we need to keep a pulse on our firm's billings, collections, and associated compensation models. There are also easy reports to provide for accountability of time keepers. Invoicing is easy as well and so is receiving payments. We also use the trust accounting functionality which helps us keep on top of retainers. Another popular billing program we looked at tried to charge us about 5 times the cost of our average user, merely because one report regarding collections was critical to our internal compensation model. We've used Bill4Time for our billing needs for over 5 years, and many of our attorneys used it before we formed our firm. Its solid, simple, and easy to use.

Reviewed on 15/07/2020

Great, easy to use software, simple invoicing

Great, very easy to use

Pros

The dashboard simplifies tracking and time entry. Invoicing is simple and I like the multiple ways to reconcile payment.

Cons

The price is a little steep for a small company, but the functionality is great!

Sharon L.

Reviewed on 09/01/2021

Great Billing Software

Great product and great customer service.

Pros

Setting up clients and matters is very simple to do, and it requires minimal steps and provides maximum flexibility. The time and expense entry, reporting, invoicing, and accounting features are all easy to use. It also includes a conflicts check feature which searches across multiple fields so is comprehensive. The simplicity and flexibility of the software is what we love. Customer and technical support is exceptional.

Cons

There are no "cons" to the software that we have experienced.