authorize.net Reviews

About authorize.net

Authorize.net helps makes it simple to accept electronic and credit card payments in person, online or over the phone. Get solutions that go to work for your business and let you focus on what you love best. Nearly 500,000...

Browse authorize.net Reviews

Sonny Tee Influencer
Sonny Tee Influencer

Reviewed on 21/05/2022

Simple and Easy To Deploy

Overall, after the initial phone calls and emailing documents, its been a pleasure using the service. No headaches and it just sits in the background doing what its supposed to be doing.

Pros

I like the ease of use. and ease of deployment of the service. my main reason for using it is because ITS not all the other providers out there. its a REAL merchant account.

Cons

The actual process to get approved is LONG and kind of a pain because it is a REAL merchant account, they also do a hard pull on your credit, which was less t Han ideal but a pessary evil to get the service.

• Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 18/05/2023

Great support, easy to manage.

Its been a breeze. Every time we have questions, their support staff is ready the help.

Pros

Price, support, API integration, Security settings, customization.

Cons

none. I don't have any cons to report.

Stripe

Reasons for Switching to authorize.net

Our company was already using Authorize.net so the users were already trained.
Carla

Reviewed on 21/04/2024

authorize.net: A Reliable Visa Solution

Pros

This visa solution has been reliable and easy to use.
authorize.net has great capabilities.

Cons

I like all the features of authorize.net.
No dislikes for authorize.net.

Top authorize.net Alternatives

Jay
Jay

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

Holds Funds like PayPal Does - Avoid.

I'm not saying that Authorize.net does not work for everybody. But the digital marketer is in particular I would steer clear because it has the same issues that PayPal exhibits were sometimes a hold your funds for no reason and you have to fight to get them. Youre flagged as high risk

I was a customer with Authorize.net for about three months and I was approved for ACH bank transfers by their credit team. I put two of them through and all of a sudden my bank transfer account was shut down and they didn't tell me why other than my account was deemed high-risk by their bank and no matter what I did it would never be reopened ever. To my knowledge the only thing that makes it high-risk is that I charged about $5k in two days - Which I told the underwriter team was my norm before I signed up. They knew how much money I would be processing each month. They also told me that my business model wasn't elibigile for bank transfers.

My clients couldn't even ask for a refund. All they could do was dispute the charges that were on hold and if they did that it would hurt my account and my credit. To this day they still have about $4400 of my money that I will not get until the end of January if my account is in good standing. Well I shut down the account and moved over to QuickBooks so hopefully I get paid.

Again I'm doing recurring bank transfers with my client so this might not be the case for everybody and this might be great for credit card transactions.

Pros

It was very easy to set up recurring payments and sync with my webmaster.

Cons

- The UI is extremely outdated and looks like it's from the early 2000s.
- Your invoices are not customizable and they look tacky
- Navigating around the menu is not user-friendly as finding where you're trying to go and can be difficult
- Customer support is not the greatest and sometimes I can't help you with your problems or get back to you in a timely matter

QuickBooks Online

I moved to QuickBooks.
Falak
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 25/03/2024

Very Convenient payment processing for customers and merchants

Pros

Payment processing is very streamlined as it is very easy for customers and merchants to manage payments and it sync very well with different accounting softwares

Cons

The Payment processing time is very long I think. It takes some time to post the payment, but this sometimes depends on banks as well.

Keith
Keith
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 29/11/2021

Payment Gateway But Not Exactly a Payment Processor

Although I liked the flexibility of a separate CC processor and gateway with Authorize.Net, I ultimately switched to a different provider that could provide full service payment processing and gateway services all together. I may be paying slightly higher processing fees, it is just easier to have it all together in one place.

Pros

At one time Authorize.Net was only one of a handful of payment gateways for small business. They do that well and have a feature-rich customer portal. They are also widely supported by the various eCommerce platforms.

Cons

Be aware that Authorize.Net is not a CC card processor but a payment gateway that can be paired with a CC processor. There are a many one-stop alternatives available today. You might be able to get a better discount rate with a CC processor/Authorize.Net combo, but it is certainly more hassle.

Braintree

Reasons for Switching to authorize.net

I ultimately switched to Braintree for CC processing, PayPal processing, and payment gateway all in one place.
Alexa
  • Industry: Textiles

Reviewed on 14/04/2022

Payment Processor Easy to Use

Pros

Easily connects to backend of websites. Stores credit cards as tokens and is safe and easy

Cons

Hard to find transactions, have to know the last 4 of the credit card and the date the credit card was processed.

PayPal and Stripe

Reasons for Switching to authorize.net

We use all payment options, but Authorize was the easiest to connect to our 3rd party platform.
Valerie

Reviewed on 07/12/2023

less expensive versions

it is okay, but possibly will be looking for less expensive options that might be mobile

Pros

very nice staff, always helpful when I need it.

Cons

small businesses need less expensive options, I do not have a credit card option to scan out in the common room, just my computer. The hand held unit that I was given years ago, never worked and [sensitive content hidden] never tried another option.

Vipul
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 18/08/2023

best way to manage eCommerce business on authorize.net

Nothing more one can ask for do ecommerce business on authorize.net platform.

Pros

reporting is the best features to check daily details of volume.

Cons

Nothing so far as most of the features used is getting the best result of data to work on for business strategies.

Micheal

Reviewed on 01/04/2024

authorize.net: An Easy to Deploy Billing Software

Pros

The capabilities of authorize.net are excellent.
authorize.net helps us automate our billing.
authorize.net is the best.

Cons

No dislikes for authorize.net.
authorize.net is the best.

• Industry: Think Tanks

Reviewed on 26/11/2018

It's been great for our business

Authorize.net has been super simple and straight forward to use. I've been able to cancel a charge that was made in error before it even hit a card. I get full details of who is purchasing and how much. I can look up transactions easily. It's been a great second backup system for us as far as credit card records. It's been very easy to implement on our website and we've been very happy.

Pros

I have loved using Authorize.net. Often I have to go back thru our credit card records to check how much was charged or how much was refunded. It's great to be able to look up via credit card number or names. Customer service has always been excellent whenever I've needed to contact them. I also like that I'm able to run reports of all of our transactions when I'm trying to compartmentalized different amounts and categories. It works well with our registration system.

Cons

I wish that we were able to issue refunds after the 3 month period. I know we can lose some of our security measures to allow our system to automatically refund but we don't want to do that. Instead we take the cc number and manually enter it into a different refund system for those return that are past 3 months. I think the security issue is a mandated issue and there is not much Authorize can do. I do wish the downloads went to a simpler to read excel format but I tend to take the CSV file and do what I need to do to make it work.

Katharine
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 21/08/2019

Authorize.net is a good standard for authorization terminals!

It allows for our business to run far more smoothly in contrast with our clunky patron CRM software. It's a solid product to use and while it has it's flaws, is nothing short of consistent. Less frills and smooth than Square but in many ways far more direct and clear.

Pros

- Very easy to use towards transactions, refunds and troubleshooting any and all patron issues within our site.
-Allows to run reports for settled transaction, dispute declined transactions and see where fraudulent purchased might occur.
- Has access to extended actions that allow us to void transactions, go into our accounts linked to the terminal and locate specific details we cannot always locate otherwise.

Cons

-Can be a bit slow with processing requests or locating specific transactions.
-Is temperamental with the variables (i.e. first, last name, zip code, etc.) when running reports. Have to be careful when entering data, must be exact or actions may not always be carried out clearly.
-Running reports will not show transactions within the last business day, setlled or unsettled.
-Processing refunds has a 90 day limit.

Katherine

Reviewed on 06/07/2021

Authorize is a Must for Fundraising

Authorize allows our office to be efficent in collecting payments for our campaigns and track donors. It also is a quick way to look up past payments in the transaction search-- a feature we use weekly!

Pros

Our office can do everything with Authorize.net...track payments, set up recuuring billing, recharge community members. Our favorite feature is how we get an email everytime someone uses the credit card form on our website so we do not have to go into Authroize.net to pull up information.

Cons

Our office would benefit from the last 4 digits of the credit card in the email that is sent to us after someone makes a payment.

allie
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 21/10/2019

Decent Merchant Services

As I mentioned above, it integrates well with our website and is easy to do transactions on the app. It's nice not to have to worry about merging systems.

Pros

I like that Authorize.net is easy to integrate into our website and other things that we use to accept money. It makes it seamless when needing to do event registration. They also have a great app you can download and use for transactions which I really like and has been a simple way for us to take money at events. Definitely recommend.

Cons

I haven't found anything with the software I don't like. It seems to be good for our needs and we don't plan to switch anytime.

Reviewed on 21/10/2019

Competent platform, but falling quickly out of date

We have had a successful number of years using authorize.net, and it has made a great alternative to other payment gateways that we've used. However in recent months we've been feeling the limitations of the platform, and so we're now looking at migrating.

Pros

Authorize.net have a great range of features such as subscription, storing customer data, email notifications for payments made. This suite of features is essential for the day to day running of our business. Vastly improved customer support.

Cons

Payments take a long time to clear. The UI of the authorize.net seems very dated and is clunky to use.

Reviewed on 13/03/2019

We've relied on Authorize.Net for over 10 years

We've used Authorize.Net with our website shopping cart for over 10 years. Along with that, we've used the virtual terminal for manually keying phone / mail orders. It is easier to use than PayPal Manager.

Pros

Authorize.Net provides good, helpful API documentation. Its web-based virtual terminal is also easy to use.

Cons

I would give their support a grade of B. Fortunately, it is rarely needed. A few years back, there were some rough patches where the service was down or unreliable for brief periods. We have not had reliability problems for the last few years.

• Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 07/02/2019

Straightforward payment processing!

Pros

Authorize is really easy to use. Some payment processing platforms can be difficult and frustrating to use. When processing a payment using Authorize, you simply fill out the necessary information and you're done. If the transaction is declined, it will even tell you why, which is helpful when people want to know why their payment didn't go through.

Cons

I like pretty much everything about the software... at least the functions that I use regularly and am familiar with.

Diane

Reviewed on 17/11/2020

Excellent customer service

Excellent. Whether I have a technical glitch or need an increase in a credit line, the customer service department has been great.

Pros

Ease of use. With minimal training, you are able to process credit cards and checks, check on transactions, credit back charges and run reports.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say about the product. I've used it for 10+ years and any issues I've had have been immediately handled via a phone call to customer service.

Reviewed on 26/01/2022

Basic processor

We have used AuthorizeNet for over 20 years for our business. The product is solid and stable.

Pros

The easy to navigate menus are very intuitive and simple. You can easily find what you need quickly plus it has a QuickBooks download feature.

Cons

In the transaction statistics report there are no hyperlinks to expand the report data. This is a minor thing, you just need to go to the Reports, but it's a feature some other processors have.

Sharon

Reviewed on 26/12/2020

Excellent for online bookings

A great tool that enables our business. We love it.

Pros

I love how simple the tool is to process payments online. Our customers often express their distrust in online systems when booking with credit card systems they don't trust. Authorize.net enables us to install that trust in our business and also enables us to process all types of card payments, reducing our churn figures that come with physical bookings.

Cons

Can be difficult to navigate, especially on mobile. We have also had some fraudulent transactions that the system did not notify us of.

• Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 20/03/2019

Apparel Website

Overall, Auth was reliable and accurate.

Pros

High visibility into transactional activity. Reports were thorough and I relied on them for my monthly finance reports.

Cons

Not sure if this still applies, but since it's a payment processor, you still need a second system to house all the bank data (like a Heartland, etc). This was important when dealing with chargebacks. Would be nice to have it all one system.

Heather

Reviewed on 10/06/2020

Authorize.Net

Great experience over all. It has run smoothly for us for years.

Pros

Easy awesome way to have your payments run through your merchant account. We have ours integrated with a billing system and it run's smoothly with virtually zero problems.

Cons

There is not a printable format for the eCheck monthly statement so that makes it cumbersome to enter the fees.

Rebecca
  • Industry: Fund-Raising

Reviewed on 13/11/2018

Wonderful Product

Very good experience and a very good product. Very rarely any issues whatsoever.

Pros

Ease of use and the capabilities it has. Nice easy sign on, very ease and useful search options.

Cons

I feel like the only issue I have is sometimes trying to look up a transaction by the cardholders last name causes confusion. Especially if they use a Jr. or a Sr. Other than that, no problems.

Brian
Brian

Reviewed on 14/04/2018

Used them for years. Fantastic!

Allows us to have solid ecommerce websites. Never fails us.

Pros

It is rock solid and very easy to implement. Their support team is fantastic and available 24 hours a day. Used them for many years for every e-commerce website we own, which is 4.

Cons

Honestly, do not know any. It is another great software company with a product that works as promised over and over again.

Margaret
  • Industry: Executive Office

Reviewed on 06/07/2021

There are better options

I dont like it as well as stripe, which we also use.

Pros

Timely processing and payment deposits. I also like that i can run a transaction manually very easily. It is also very easy to process refunds.

Cons

The challenge I always have with this software is that it is impossible to reconcile deposits to charges. There is not one good report that shows how fees are calculated.