About Google Pay

Android Pay is a cloud-based secure digital wallet application designed for processing payments using tablets and smartphone devices. Designed for Android devices, this application allows users to add their cards to an...

4.7
4.2

Browse Google Pay Reviews

Kevin

Reviewed on 12/07/2022

It's Google! Always on Top!

I have their POS separately, I wish it were included, and maybe it is and I am daft about it, but Google Pay is fantastic and goes on every single device I have. That is the best, because my tablet seems to not work with the competitor and I have only to use that on my phone. But Google Pay --- I have all their apps, all of them, has just been there whenever I wanted or needed it and it is terrific as I use Google for basically everything, even though I have other wallerts.

Pros

It is really simple and kind of works in the background knowing your habits and is like your best financial buddy! I can pay for games, apps, storage, and more, all of which I do, and I can pay gas, ride transit, and so much more.

Cons

Nothing at all. I have their POS app too. It would be nice to have it all in on.

Karel

Reviewed on 17/06/2022

My Experience with Google Pay

Would recommend Google Pay for quick mobile payments

Pros

A secure method of paying for items that you need or want.
User friendly
Can make payments quite easily and can store your information
Mobile access

Cons

Not available to use in multiple countries like other services such as PayPal
A lot of businesses do not accept this method of payment.

Alysia
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 10/06/2022

Complicated to use

Pros

It allows tap pay and bank accounts to be added

Cons

It’s way too difficult to figure out. There’s too many things to choose from and how to add and it makes things confusing

Top Google Pay Alternatives

Shaileshkumar

Reviewed on 16/04/2022

Digital Gateway of Payment I have ever Seen in My Life!

Google Pay appears to be counting on the convenience of having everything in one location. It's a big project with a lot of features to help you handle your money with ease and safety. If you want to have mobile payment, cards, and money management capabilities all in one app, Google Pay is a fantastic choice.

Pros

For my transactions, it is extremely safe and secure. Comparing various apps was quite beneficial. Multiple bank accounts can be added. By entering a secure PIN, we can check our account balance. You can avoid the trouble of having to carry your cards, passes, or tickets in your wallet, as well as searching through your wallet or handbag to find them. Once you've loaded a scanned copy onto your phone, you won't have to worry about leaving them at home. Your data will not be sold to third parties or shared with retailers, according to Google. The cash-back rewards are actual cash, and they will be deposited into your Google Pay account. If necessary, you can deposit the funds into your bank account. Really, i am enjoying this Google pay app for my running business.

Cons

Sometimes transactions are failed may be due to internet connectivity problem or mobile software internal problem, otherwise I like this Google pay app.

Paytm

Reasons for Choosing Google Pay

I had submitted my all the documents for the KYC. But they did not updated my details. So i switched from Paytm to Google Pay.

Paytm

Reasons for Switching to Google Pay

I had problem with Paytm app, updating my details. And, I heard about google pay from my friends. So i selected this Google Pay.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 23/06/2022

Google Pay! The best Payment System till date.

Overall I would say it is a excellent product. Deigned very well keeping in the mind the mass public and and their needs. Digital payments have become so much easier with the availability of Google Pay.

Pros

The best part about Google Pay is the the ease of use. Making and receiving payments has become so easy for both teenagers and adults. It is so easy to use that it took me just once to teach my mother how to use it. Google Pay also allows you to make bank transfers right from the convenience of your current location. No matter which bank or branch; all it takes is a clock of a button.

Cons

The only issue I have had with the soft is the inability to link multiple accounts or a non resident account. I work in a different country form my home country and as per the government guidelines I need to have a Non Resident account for all earnings made from a foreign country. However, once deposited in the Non Resident account the money is converted to my local currency. This account cannot be added on Google Pay. I also attempted to add another account which also belongs to me but there is no option to ad account details and Google Pay automatically attempts to search for the account via mobile number linked to the account. Even after having the same number linked to the account Google Pay can still not find my account.

Vasant
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Reviewed on 06/06/2022

Good for most cases but Rewards not as good as Amazon pay

Good, but can be made better with better rewards and bug fixes.

Pros

Ease of Use. Can use it to make payments at most locations.

Cons

1. Rewards not as good or frequent as Amazon Pay.
2. Sometimes, when payment gets made and is not updated at the biller's site, it shows as payment not made leading to confusion.
3. The app does not always give bank balance due to connectivity issues.
4. Crashes from time to time and does not link well with appa like Amazon Pay very well.

Rishabh

Reviewed on 29/06/2022

Reveiw that help while using Google pay

Pros

The Google pay is one of the best way to make payment, it is very easy to make payment with Google pay, I am from India, so I only about Indian version of Google pay, for using Google pay you need to have a bank account that is registered with your mobile number to use Google pay. You can send the money with secure manner. It also give many gifts and vouchers after successful payment, and your favourite contact on which you did a major payment are in the home screen so you have no need to search. It is very optimised and best way of payment.

Cons

The Google pay lacks some of the best feature, like it is mandatory to have bank account while using Google pay. I think Google pay should have Google pay wallet like Paytm or phone pay.

Udit

Reviewed on 14/07/2022

Payment facilities simplified

Great software, but can become better.

Pros

1. Very safe and secure, can be trusted for financial security.
2. Comes from the house of Google, hence optimised to work with minimal fuzz.
3. Availablity on almost all major platforms.

Cons

1. Sometimes, the app crashes and the payments can hang in a limbo.
2. Customer service leaves a lot to be desired.

Shanice
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 14/06/2022

Highly recommend

I love this app and the contactless pay feature for using your phone Incase your cards is not handy

Pros

I love that I can connect all my cards on one place and gift cards as well

Cons

I don't like that I can't transfer between connected email accounts but it's still worth it

Tanjirul
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Reviewed on 06/06/2022

Google Pay is the most convenient way to receive and send money.

In general, Google Pay has piqued my interest. It's the only way I can get money out of my Google Pay console wallet and into my wallet. It's easy to set up and use.

Pros

Google Pay is the best way to pay for things online, especially now that practically all retailers accept it. You can conveniently keep several cards and bank accounts on the same device, and Google is the program's source. As a result, there is no need for security compensation.

Cons

Customer service is terrible, and problems are not fixed swiftly. Google pay should grow its business because It is not yet available in some countries.

Ryan
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 15/10/2021

Easy to Pay, Easy to Get Paid

Overall, I have found Google Pay to be exceptionally easy to use to make payments on a purchase and to receive money (as a vendor myself).

Pros

Google Pay comes with any android phone or device. Its free to use. It is easy to use and almost anyone can quickly learn to at least add a payment method and make a purchase be it in person at a POS or online.
Making online payments is super easy, especially now that most vendors accept google pay.
Google pay can act as a bank or it can act as a wallet, storing multiple payment methods from giftcards to bank accounts and credit cards - all of which are securely stored virtually. It also lets you store and manage key-tag barcodes for grocery stores, gas stations and most stores.

Cons

So far, I have yet to find something I do not like about Google Pay. In its first iteration, it did lack some of the features it has today but since that has been addressed, I cant find anything I dislike about it.

Square Payments and Apple Pay

Reasons for Switching to Google Pay

The other products charge too much to the vendor for use. This has actually been why many stores have decided to stop accepting Apple Pay.
Pressilla
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 15/08/2021

A better way to manage my money

Google Pay is a great app. I love it. I can't wait for them to relaese the Plex bank account. I trust Google and love the Privacy and security their apps provide me. I already use a wide range of their products so integration is a no brainer. It's free to use, the transactions doesn't cost a penny and I couldn't ask for anything more in this app.

Pros

As an Android user, who partners with other Android users in our organization, Google pay has been a life saver. Let's explore the features I enjoy the most. Inside the app we can message each other back and forth in a chatroom. When it's time to share the bill on common supplies or order food, it's very easy to do. I just request the money, add a memo for what it's for so that everyone is on the same page- and the app allows us to split the bill. Receiving money is just as easy as sending. I can find people on the app in my contacts which makes sending payments to others really convenient. I also love that most restaurants that I eat at, allows me to pay with Google pay. I can order my food online, and it saves my transaction history so I can see exactly how much I've spent and where I've spent it. It even keeps track of the dates. I also use it to store different card accounts, that I can choose from to use at different times for different purchases. It also allows you to merge your accounts to see the bigger picture of your spending habits.

But my favorite feature of all is being able to search for specific transactions by name or dollar amount. It tells me exactly what card was used and what dates. This makes my life so much easier and helps me to keep track of my spending to solve disputes very easily. I don't have to worry about losing receipts anymore. Everything is right there in the app. They also offer rewards. I mean real cash back rewards. It's a win win for me.

Cons

The biggest draw back for me is that many small businesses don't accept it and I do try to support them as well. Many stores still have MST terminals and it doesn't work with it. The payment info is connected to my phone, so if I forget it- which I often don't, then of course, I can't use the features or payment methods right? But that's a given. The cons for me are minor, so I have to give Google props on this one.

Bernadette
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 13/09/2021

Google purchasing

They want to ditate what will do rather than listen to the users that uses their software.

Pros

I do enjoy using this software and what is available for users and business users. The different things anyone can use it for their staff. Gift cards or vouchers that can be spent with them and quick and easy transactions etc.

Cons

Can be a bit more user friendly for users that will find some of the things are looking for. They need to be more about their customers than about money making. ie in apps purchasing is more about the in apps software than their customers.

The options when wanting to claim a refund is rubbish and even when you give further information they tell you it doesn't meet the requirements etc.

They should be more for their users than in apps platforms as the users that use their software and services should come first because if a new software becomes available why would allot of their users should stay with them when another software will show they value their loyal users over in apps.

In apps do advertise but when their purchases are not what it states then listen to the users who uses it and they never seem to ask about the in apps purchases that users uses or when users are complaining about the in apps software that uses download and use.

Also finding a contact number for user is hard to find and only can email them. They need to learn that we are human and do require to be able to talk to someone also as their are other software like Apple and they have contact numbers.

Anoosha

Reviewed on 31/10/2017

Review of Android Pay Software:

Android Pay, like its many competitors, still have a lot of room to grow in terms of both users in general, along with the addition of more banks and international markets.

Pros

Android Pay is a secure digital wallet application designed for processing payments using tablets and smartphone devices.

Designed for Android devices, this application allows users to add their cards to an NFC-enabled Android device and use their mobile devices instead of credit cards to make payments in retail stores.

Over one million retail stores across United States have Android Pay enabled device readers.

Android Pay also serves as an alternative to Google Wallet. Users can make purchases through its Android app and make payments for other Android services, such as movies and music.

Rather than using bank account or card details, Android Pay uses virtual account numbers, thus adding another security layer to making payments.

Users who have a fingerprint-reader feature in their smartphones can authenticate their payments using their fingerprints.
Supported Operating System(s):
Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Mac OS, Linux, HP-UX, AIX, Solaris, Unix, IBM OS/400, Web browser (OS agnostic), Windows 2000, Windows 8, Windows 10

Cons

You can't use it everywhere

The biggest problem with mobile-payment apps: You can’t count on being able to use them. Which system you have access to depends on what phone you have, and you’re also limited by what stores will accept.

Apple Pay and Google Wallet are the most widely accepted right now. Theoretically you can use either at any retailer equipped with the latest contactless credit card terminal. By October, most stores will have to update their machines anyway in order to be compatible with new chip-enabled credit cards. So many stores will also buy terminals with the contactless technology. But just because a retailer can accept mobile payment doesn’t mean it will. With plans to launch their own payment system, Wal-Mart, CVS, and Target are among the large retailers blocking Apple Pay and Google Wallet on their terminals.

Raj
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Reviewed on 26/09/2021

Pay And Receive Money Securely

Google Pay streamlines your payments securely at any time and rewards you for regular use. You can control your finances and enjoy an easy-t-use interface for instant mobile payments.

Pros

1. It is backed by one of the world’s most successful companies. Google’s brand equity adds confidence amongst users about its safety.
2. The money is transferred to the desired user/s instantly.
3. You can keep track of different people, businesses, and bill payments.
4. Google Pay rewards you with cashback, promotions, discounts, offers, rewards, etc.
5. You can check the transaction history, view account balances, and set up regular payments for bills, recharges, and more.
6. You can invite friends to use Google Pay, and both of you get rewarded.
7. You can also chat with the user before and after the fund transfer to facilitate proper communication.
8. You can set up multiple bank accounts using UPI or add debit and credit cards.
9. You can lock the mobile app with a pattern or fingerprint.
10. It is straightforward and intuitive to use the app.

Cons

1. Sometimes, payment does not go through, and you are not sure whether it will be canceled or not.
2. It hangs pretty often. After you click the make payment button or when you open rewards.

• Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 24/07/2021

Google pay user review

My overall experience with this app is very good. I do all my bill payments through this app and also small transaction.

Pros

Google pay is very much user-friendly as compared to many other payment apps available in my country.
QR scanning is the most interesting feature I like in Google pay. During this Covid-19 period it is very much useful for contact-less payment.
We can easily transfer money to other by knowing their phone number provided they also use google pay.
Other payments like phone recharge, all kinds of bill payments can be done very simply using this app.
We can easily check our bank balance, transaction history etc. using this app.
Another exciting feature is that google pay will give us rewards(as cash itself), every time we transfer money.
We will get rewards if we invite other to use this app. That rewards are descent amounts.
It will give us remainder whenever the payments are due. For example when the phone recharge date is about to end the app will give a remainder notification.

Cons

The difficulty I felt with this app was when I check my bank balance, many a times the app failed to show the bank balance, mainly during the banking rush hours.
Few times the transaction failure occurred. Still don't know the reason.
We can't transfer money using the phone number if the receiver is not using this app.

MD Abu

Reviewed on 15/05/2022

A great payment method straight from Google

Overall, I am very satisfied with Google pay. It is the only platform through which I can get my money on my wallet from the google play console. Easy to setup & use. It will be great if it supports more countries.

Pros

The software comes directly from google. Therefore there are no questions about security compensation. It is very useful & easy to make payments with a native credit/debit card through Google pay. It has been a blessing while we set up our play console. Fast, secure & can be accessed from anywhere.

Cons

Available to very few countries & very currencies. Accept limited numbers of banks & cards for payment. International payment faces issues sometimes.

PayPal, Square Payments and Wild Apricot

Reasons for Choosing Google Pay

It is more easy & Convenient to use.
César
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Reviewed on 24/05/2022

A virtual wallet for everyone

My experience with Google Pay has been very good, it is a very safe and efficient service, with the support of Google behind it, I never felt that my money was in danger and very few services can offer that. Virtual wallets are the future and this is one of the main protagonists.

Pros

Google Pay gives you the security and confidence that Google always provides to its services, you know that you can only find quality products from Google. Google Pay offers a very fast and very extensive service, you can store many cards and bank accounts on the same device, which is great because it allows you to be more productive and efficient. The security methods are good, I have never felt that they are easy to beat. Google Pay is accepted by many locals which is great, plus it's accessible to any Android device with NFC, which is now part of the standard. It is a great service that will rarely fail you.

Cons

In some countries, it is not yet available. You should be able to use the service without having Wi-Fi because many times we are out of service or the place does not have Wi-Fi and you cannot pay.

Revanth
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 16/09/2021

An Excellent Software for Mobile payments

I don't need to have coins or changes to give any local shops to buy small goods, just few clicks using google pay and transaction in done either in bulk or just in coins. And with the security it gives us, it is trust able.

Pros

I have been using Google pay for long time now and i am highly satisfied with it. We can transfer money using phone to anyone and we can even chat with them, this is an amazing feature. I liked its Interface its simple yet advanced which includes every bit features required to do online money payments or money transactions.
We can transfer money to friends, local shops, online stores, buy tickets, pay many types of Bills, etc. There are lot more features that helps us to maintain our monthly expenses properly. Not only Google pay helps to maintain money payments but it even gives us Rewards. For me I use it daily to do online transactions, its easy and secure. I even got into few problems while transferring money, but i contacted their customer care, they helped me out in resolving the issue in no time. So Google pay is good to go as a Mobile payment Application.

Cons

I didn't saw anything missing or anything that need to improved

Jenny
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 26/04/2021

Must Have Software

Overall this has been a very pleasant experience with the Google Pay software! I highly recommend! Payments are easy to make and receive with this software and has a lot of great added features with customer support just a click away!

Pros

Making and Recieving payments is super easy and convient.There is so many features included with this software and navigation is a breeze.Plus perks for spending money as well! Clients can easily make payments to the shop with this software, more payment options the better for the buiseness! I would definitely recommend this software!

Cons

The initial set up of the software was not as user friendly as I would have liked it to be.Also the idenity verification process was very long and drawn out it seemed. I was not happy with that. Other than those two things I enjoy using this software!

marquita
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 29/04/2022

Love Google Pay, it saved me so many times when I forgot my purse or my outfit was too cute...

I swear by Google pay, I can say I dropped my other NFC pay apps for Google Pay

Pros

Love the ability to be able to pay by just holding my mobile device near the pos terminal, or even purchasing something inner app from my device. It's secure and I have never had any issues whilst using it.

Cons

This is really by know fault of Google Pay, but it would be so much more convenient if store clerks knew when they accepted it or not. Sometimes it will say and sometimes it won't so its a hit or miss.

Tina
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 11/08/2021

Couldn't do business without it!

Google Pay makes it easier for me, as a self employed business owner, to make purchases that I need quickly and efficiently.

Pros

The feature that is most useful for me while using Google Pay is the ability to pay with ease.

Cons

I feel that the ease of use could be a little more smooth of a transition but over all still worth the cost.

Samsung Pay

Reasons for Choosing Google Pay

I found it much easier to link my Google Pay to my existing accounts than Samsung Pay.

Samsung Pay

Reasons for Switching to Google Pay

The features and abilities of Google Pay sync with my Google accounts creating and ease of use that I must have.
LOUIS
  • Industry: Computer Hardware
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 31/01/2020

Android Pay offers a fluid and secured option for our team's company purchasing needs.

Android Pay allows our company and team an increased level of security as in how and when our company credit card is used. We believe that in the near future Android Pay will be more widely used as more optional and standard form of payment.

Pros

Android Pay's lightning fast transaction response at point of sale and its security encryption capability made its use most attractive to our team on company endorsed purchase activity. With Android Pay,
we have found that company supported credit card information is only required as a one time entry
and upload. This is most welcome in case there is a security breach our information is not lost or compromised.Our vital credit card information is protected as the physical card itself is not needed to complete the transaction.

Cons

What we found lacking in Android Pay was that there were a few key retailers that didn't recognize Android Pay as a form of payment . On balance we have found that many more retailers do except Android Pay and that many more are currently adopting Android Pay as a form of payment. On balance we are looking forward to its further adoption as retailers and service providers progress with this kind of technology.

Apple Pay and Samsung Pay

Reasons for Switching to Google Pay

We were attracted to the functionality of Android Pay across hardware platforms not limited by a manufacturer's version of Android OS since Android Pay is supported by Google itself.
Anish

Reviewed on 23/07/2021

Pay your bills anywhere in India with Google Pay (Tez)

I still use Google Pay to pay my all bills like; electricity bills, mobile recharge, cable TV, shopping bill, and many more, and I easily track my bank account with the help of transaction history and account balance features. So, I highly recommend it!

Pros

The interface of the app is simple, attractive, and user-friendly. The app provides security from banks and Google and the support team ensures your security. The payment process is very fast and simple with multiple payment options like;
a) Bank transfer
b) Phone number
c) UPI ID or QR code
d) Self-transfer
You get a reward with cash when you successfully invited your friend with your code.

Cons

Sometimes the transaction is failed but the amount got deducted from the bank account. Then in this situation, I have to wait for 3 business days to get money back in my bank account, and also, earlier I received mostly cashback as a reward but now mostly I receive gift cards and coupons as a reward.

• Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 23/04/2022

Most secure and trusted online payment application

I have been using google pay almost 4 years now and during this 4 years google pay is improved a lot. It is market leader in UPI payment processing. Due to it's high security and attractive cashback and referral program it become popular app among people. Some flaws are present in it which will be hopefully resolved in upcoming updates.

Pros

1. It is most secure UPI payment processing application.
2. Offers a variety of cashback offers and cashback directly credited to bank account.
3. Almost everyone has google pay installed so it is easy to transfer money via google pay.
4. Apart from payment transfer user can do lot of things such a pay electricity bill, book lpg cylinder, pay premium of loan & insurance etc.

Cons

1. It takes a long time for payment processing and most of time payment either fails or pending.
2. Due to added security it takes time to open and load application.
3. User can not check bank balance when google pay server not responding.