Adobe Connect Reviews

About Adobe Connect

Adobe Connect is a web conferencing software solution used by companies for conducting online meetings, webinars and training sessions. The solution is for adhoc collaboration as well as planned online meetings. The solution...

4.2
4.1

Browse Adobe Connect Reviews

Nathan
Nathan
  • Industry: Public Policy

Reviewed on 18/12/2018

Robust webinar platform

This platform saves us a ton of money vs. in-person meetings. It's good enough to provide an experience that can substitute for most in-person meetings. We also do numerous training sessions with this platform, record them, and make them available to our partners.

Pros

We probably don't use 30% of the features during any given meeting, but it's nice to have the flexibility of breakout sessions, whiteboards, video conferencing, etc. Most of our sessions are simple PowerPoints uploaded into the room, utilizing integrated telephony and chat for communication. But the system is robust, offering just about anything you could imagine doing in an online meeting. We record most of our sessions, and Adobe offers good tools for editing the recordings, which can then be shared right from Adobe's platform. The pods available in the room allow for document sharing during the meeting, the playing of audio and video files, polling and surveys, and of course screen sharing. The new HTML client means participants don't have to leave the browser to engage in meetings any more, and there is a mobile client for joining meetings via Android or iOS. The admin interface offers branding so you can ensure all the meetings have your company's logo and colors. All in all, it's a pretty slick package.

Cons

My biggest gripe with Adobe Connect is the necessity of engaging a third party in order to achieve integrated telephony. This should be included. To be clear, VOIP is included. I'm simply talking about the ability of participants to call in to a meeting using a regular phone requires a third party. While it's not enough to make me seek a different webinar platform, it is shocking that Adobe has not addressed this glaring issue. The only issue I have with the platform is playing long videos during meetings never seem to work, and it has forced us to all but exclude video from our presentations.

John Aries
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 07/12/2021

Great tool for an online training class

As a presenter, it is great to know that you will be the only one who can start the conference and there are not chitchats on the side while you are out. However, it will also be a downside since if the presenter is late then no other people can start the conference which can be a waste of time.

Pros

The software provides reporting capabilities on the timestamps of the attendees which makes the attendance reporting of a training class easier than to do it manually.

Cons

While the presenter can manage the microphone usage of the attendees, it is hard as a user to maintain a quiet background because as a user, I did not locate the noise cancellation option.

Microsoft Teams

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Connect

The reporting capabilities for attendance purposes.
Leanne
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 12/01/2020

Great for Online Learning but Large Groups are Difficult!

Overall, I have used this program on a daily basis for live, synchronous contact as well as creating recorded lessons. This is invaluable to my online teaching experience. However, I would like to see the functionality and features improved, as well as the ability to teach a greater number of students without delays or disturbances to the lesson.

Pros

I use this on a daily basis for online teaching and learning. Some of the features I found most useful are the different pods for students to respond in, providing interaction and collaboration. Students can draw on the whiteboard, chat in the chat pod, select from multiple choice questions created by the teacher, "raise their hand" using a button, and provide feedback by clicking the different status buttons (green check, red x, etc.). They can also turn on their microphones to answer questions. I am able to pull in videos, files, and presentations for teaching.

Cons

The program runs very slow as more students join. Large groups are not necessarily a problem unless you ask students to begin using microphones or the whiteboard. At that point, I have experienced delays and even crashes, although those are not as common as severe delays. In my experience, any group above 20 students delays the more interactive features (mainly the microphones and whiteboard). This is discouraging since interaction is important to effective teaching and learning. One feature that was taken away that I would like to see re-added is the entry message. When a student "knocks" at the door to enter the classroom, the teacher/user used to be able to save a message for the student to see, such as, "I am out of the office today." I think this feature must have been removed, but I found it extremely beneficial when needing to continue a lesson with one student and ask another to wait.

Top Adobe Connect Alternatives

Shivalay
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 22/02/2024

Perfect for everyone

Pros

This app helped me flawless attend my lectures without having to worry about connection issue. I particularly like the app, which means I can not worry about accidently closing a browser tab

Cons

I have seen a few, very rare glitches, which I have had to load in, but this has never been an issue

Cynthia
Cynthia
  • Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 08/11/2018

Adobe Connect and I

Adobe allows our company to work with work-at-home agents using the same materials and software as in a traditional training room or conference.

Pros

I was a bit hesitant about using Adobe Connect. I thought it would be a software that would be complex and non user friendly. I was surprised to discover the opposite is true. Adobe allowed my training class to be engaged with user friendly options to be apart of the classroom. You can raise your hand, ask a question, provide feedback and even express thoughts in the moment. It is equipped with a white board, chat and options for getting the instructors attention without disrupting the class. the interface is easy to use and appealing. It is secure and private and as a company we often have several training classes going at one time as well as conferences via the Adobe Connect.

Cons

I am very impressed with Adobe Connect and don't have many critiques as far as cons go. Visibility of icons are the common criticism. Once you get acclimated to where things are then the icons themselves are not an issue.

Gurpreet

Reviewed on 06/03/2020

Use of Adobe Connect

I liked using adobe connect, once you figure out all the nuances it is fairly easy to use. The only reason I stopped using it was because my employer would no longer support the use of it.

Pros

At the time when I used this service, it was completely free to use. This was the main reason I used it. Not terribly hard to use but there were some challenges.

Cons

At times it was difficult hearing everyone in the session. Sometimes I would have everyone in the session mute their microphones with the exception of the individual that was presenting.

Sueda

Reviewed on 02/05/2021

So..

Pros

I used adobe connect to join my online classes. Actually I don't like it at all. It looks like an old software and I don't like to use it. There is a lot of better options. So I would not use adobe connect again if I don't have to.

Cons

Absolutely the interface. I don't like it. It looks really old.

Ric
Ric

Reviewed on 24/11/2023

Get connected with Adobe

Enjoyed using it as it made employees who both work at home and in office available to access the same workbooks

Pros

Adobe connect is great for our hybrid work environment, when we have specific trainings that require workbooks now we can all be in one classroom setting and know that everyone is there and being attentive

Cons

Adobe connect does seem a bit dated compared to newer softwares and it’s UI shows that, doesn’t have the best video quality either which is why we use it to partner with zoom and open the connect separately

Rayna

Reviewed on 28/11/2023

Adobe connect is really a classic

Pros

I love how it’s easy to use and so simple to connect with minimal lagging.

Cons

I always feel like adobe connect can become more modernized by adding more color

Sahar
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 04/09/2023

Just another virtual meeting tool

Average. Nothing incredible

Pros

I didn’t find anything unusual about it. It’s just another meeting tool.

Cons

It’s not as popular as Zoom and Webex and when rest of the colleagues and stakeholders prefer Zoom, AdobeConnect has lost its worth and popularity.

Adrian
Adrian
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 05/09/2019

A No-Frills Online Meeting Tool

Overall Adobe Connect was an acceptable tool, but I preferred the look/feel of WebEx and GoToMeeting which seemed a bit more modern. For an individual account, I prefer Zoom but haven't experienced that as an enterprise tool so I don't truly know how it compares. The few times I did need user support as an admin for Connect, I had a heck of a time trying to track down a live human being - it was not easy getting help until we threatened to cancel our subscription. I probably wouldn't be quick to recommend this tool since there are so many alternatives out there these days.

Pros

Connect has a very simple structure of pods that can be turned on or off, depending upon the features you'd like to have available for your meeting. Some examples include chat, drawing, video, screen sharing, polling. The user interface is extremely easy to manage, and I used to train college faculty to use this for offering online classes and lectures - 95% of the time there were absolutely no issues. It is easy to learn, easy to use, and meetings/webinars can be recorded for later viewing.

Cons

From an administrator perspective, the admin console for this tool was very outdated. Each user had a folder, within each folder was a series of links for old meetings and recordings. It was complex enough that we opted to have admins manage meeting room creation for all users because it just wasn't very intuitive. The pod look was already a bit outdated when I stopped using the software a few years back, and there were some limits in terms of how many people could be sharing their webcams at once. Also, we found that if more than 2-3 people had their microphones active, there was a lot of feedback, so we always told people to mute everyone unless they absolutely needed to hear participants.

Reviewed on 06/07/2018

Very useful tool for hosting virtual meetings. Does have a few bugs and limitations!

This is a great software for hosting interactive virtual meetings and classes.

Pros

I have used Adobe Connect for hosting MANY meetings where some attendees could not be on campus. It works well for its purpose. It has just enough features to do everything that you need it to, but not so many features that it is overwhelming. I frequently use the recording feature to keep track of meetings and distribute them later to folks who couldn't attend (as well as go back and listen to some parts for note-taking purposes). It's also nice to be able to switch between meeting room formats so that you can share a separate screen, add notes during the webcast, upload files to share with other participants, etc.

Cons

Honestly, I feel that there are some better options available that have the same types of features. Adobe Connect tends to be quite buggy. I've had a lot of problems with people getting dropped or having bad connections. Sometimes audio or video freezes up while we are using it, especially when trying to share screens. Participants also have to be a bit tech-savvy when using the software, if they want a good experience. I found that many of the people tuning in did not have headphones which caused a lot of volume/feedback issues. I often end up having to put "tech support" shoes on while trying to run a meeting, in order to get everyone on the virtual end to be able to hear and see the meeting clearly.

Adelyn
Adelyn

Reviewed on 21/02/2019

Good purposes, needs more work on its execution

Pros

Leaders of the meeting can customize the layout of the Adobe Connect room which is very nice to have. You can have pods inside, like notes pods or certain buttons to click to let the instructor/leader/host know that you would like to raise your hand to speak, agree, disagree, step away from the meeting, ask them to speed up or slow down, etc.

Cons

The software constantly lags, uploads can be slow, and sometimes it kicks members out of the room (or even the host) for no reason. In principle this software is extremely useful, but could really use some user experience work. In my experience, our video conferences have been randomly frustrating when Adobe Connect acts up and we've had to switch to different modes of communication, which is difficult to work with when you want to rely on one source.

Faiyaz
Faiyaz
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 29/08/2020

An expensive option compared to others...

My overal experience with Adobe connect is cool but very expensive for me! So had no other choice but to migrate to a cheaper option...

Pros

Ideal for High end professionals who need to be under the hood of Adobe Ecosystem. Meetings and heavy files sharing are available. Adobe's smooth as well as attractive navigation and interface is just mindblowing! Slide Sharing and Audio recoring or Playback is Awesome! Screensharing, Whiteboard and lots of other exclusive features.

Cons

Expensive!!! 50$ a month! other than that the Cons are likely very less! But one of them is also major! It works Properly in Chrome Browser of Mac But not in PC. IE is to be used to solve the problem. Virtual Background is still not supported but its not a serious issue or just can be termed as a fancy one!

Brad
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 23/09/2020

Solid product

Pros

I like how reliable and easy to use Adobe Connect is as well as the many features that are available for collaboration.

Cons

It seems like Adobe is not investing much into the future of this product and I have started to use better more modern competitors.

Riyaz
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 02/11/2018

Adobe Connect for Meetings and Webinars

Adobe Connect is great when it works. When it does not, you have to deal with the reseller and Adobe. Both tend to point fingers at each other versus attempting to resolve the issue for you.

Pros

Adobe Connect is a versatile product that can very easily be used to host meetings and webinars. We use it for training sessions where we have attendees interact with various aspects of the program and with each other. The interaction keeps the attendees engaged and interested in the material being presented or taught.

Cons

The Adobe Connect reporting and dashboard capabilities are not intuitive. You really have to think and try out different scenarios before you find the format that works for you. We're also seeing latency when launchign the event catalog.

• Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 11/07/2018

Better for larger organizations than small biz owners or solopreneurs.

Pros

I first used Adobe Connect when I was doing training and professional development for a large non-profit. I used it quite literally everyday and found it essential to creating a quality learning environment. Now I use it sporadically for teaching my own courses and sometimes recommend it to clients and assist them in setting up their webinars/courses.

This is a true e-learning tool that's probably more than what most small biz owners will need. It's definitely intended for pros and people who do quite a bit of online teaching. (I.e., if you just need video conferencing, there are easier to use and less expensive options. But if you frequently need to create a professional and interactive virtual classroom, this is a great tool.) It has the expected functions: screensharing, PDF/document sharing, survey and Q&A capabilities, meeting recording, etc. Customer service is good, but I rarely needed it since they have some quality tutorials available.

Cons

The price is on the expensive side and the more functionalities you use, the glitchier it can get. However, I found that most of the glitches happened on the host side of things, not the end-user or student side.

Chandni

Reviewed on 21/04/2021

Sophisticated and Great Video Conferencing Tool

It is one of the best tools I have personally come across, even given its drawbacks. It helps maintain a consistency in the product delivery and by far, I have not faced any major problems. I would certainly recommend this over the competition.

Pros

The software stands out in comparison with competition as:
- Quickly connect with clients and co-workers inter large conferencing rooms with a password protection.
- You can chat and do video conferencing simultaneously - you can share links, and even upload documents
- Pods - the software allows us to upload files into the server which are organised or grouped together for easier downloads. These are highly customisable.
- Easy to do recording of sessions and has a special attendance (roll count) section for better customer use
- Has a great playback quality enabling better recollection for later.

Cons

Though a very straightforward software, it has its own challenges:
- It seems very cluttered to begin with. You have to do customised re-arrangement for better visual appearance.
- Sometimes it randomly removes people from the conference room. It was a major issue in the beginning but seems to be improving with time.
- There is a problem with uploading certain files like word document, while some like pdf documents need to be resized constantly.

Dinidu

Reviewed on 09/10/2019

The Best Web Conferencing Platform

It's the best tool of this kind on the market as it has all the features needed to organize and coordinate online projects. It's expensive, however, the annual subscription offers a good discount.

Pros

It is a premium product from a trusted brand. Features like dynamic participation and video recording make it a useful tool for any team that is looking for an all-inclusive web conferencing software.

Cons

It's an expensive product. It comes in three pricing plans with monthly and annual billing options. Fortunately, there is a 30-days free trial. The Meetings module is free for up to three participants.

Carolyn
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 08/10/2022

Adobe Connect

My overall experience using Adobe Connect has been very positive. The software is very reliable and offers features such as video conferencing, recording, presentation, and attendee management which are essential for online teaching and learning.

Pros

The features are most impactful are video conferencing, presentation feature and real-time chat. These features offer the opportunity for participants to feel more connected with co-workers and students.

Cons

The pricing is the least favorite part about this software.

Thomas
Thomas
  • Industry: Sports

Reviewed on 01/05/2018

Works great for hosting meetings

Pros

Adobe connect has a very robust set of tools for hosting meetings. It's easy to manage and switch between different tools and roles. Adobe makes it easy for clients to connect to meetings.

Cons

Broadcast quality leaves a lot to be desired. There's no way to set up crystal clear output for others to view and sharing pre-recorded video makes for enormous lag while it cuts in and out. It also seems to go offline fairly often, and customer service is very difficult to get a hold of to ask questions.

Alex

Reviewed on 20/02/2018

A good program, but were forced to refuse

Pros

We decided to use this solution because of its functionality. But they did not calculate that it would cost so much. Indeed, the product does not require the installation of additional software and has a wide cross-platform. All you need is access to the Internet. However, the price just killed. The cost of a package for 5 students with installation on the server of the company and technical support cost $ 30. Our need was to expand the package to at least 30 people. Here also consider.

Cons

The main disadvantage - the price. It is easy to find affordable solutions cheaper, albeit not so convenient.

Braden
  • Industry: Machinery
  • Used for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 24/06/2021

Solid for Classroom Environments

Overall Adobe Connect is a solid software, however I think that its application is geared more towards education than anything else. Although the plethora of dynamic features is nice, I'd say for the average small-medium sized business it would be overkill. Additionally, there are free solutions for virtual meetings that can accomplish the goal of putting you e-face-to-face with others if that's all you need.

Pros

Adobe Connect is packed with functionality. In comparison to some of its immediate competitors in the virtual meeting space, Adobe Connect provides a customizable layout plan that allows you to feature a lot more than just your screen or your face (or whatever is on your webcam). It's document share feature allows hosts and participants to share documents quickly between one another, and moreover you can actually have the system narrate a document if needed!

Cons

A big area for improvement is the mobile application. Adobe Connect's mobile app consistently has connectivity issues, which I have experienced both via a WiFi and Cellular connection. The connectivity issues have been both in just joining a meeting, and being unable to do so from the start; and also during a meeting.

Gabrielle

Reviewed on 16/08/2019

Remote work made easy

Pros

I’ve recently started a work from home poison and we heavily rely on this software for training and other facilitation needs. It’s great for sharing screens with multiple attendees. It also has clear video and audio function. My favorite function is the break out chat that can occur within meetings.

Cons

Sometimes (very rarely) the product can be glitchy when transitioning between screens. I was booted from the adobe room on two occasions but always able to Get back in. The layout is really simplistic. I would think a better use of the tool would be to make it more chic.

Gloria

Reviewed on 24/01/2021

Good chat program for Work at Home agents

It is very user friendly and pretty reliable source to connect to other agents that are working remotely. I like it a lot.

Pros

Very user friendly chat program. I work from home so by using this chat program where other work at home agents log in daily we can post questions to the team leads and feel connected.

Cons

Sometimes if the chat is too cluttered the team leads will "clear the chat" without any warning so if you just happened to post a question you are forced to have to repost as well as lose the opportunity to view previous posts by other agents.