ClickUp Reviews

About ClickUp

ClickUp is a cloud-based collaboration and project management tool suitable for businesses of all sizes and industries. Features include communication and collaboration tools, task assignments and statuses, alerts and a task...

Browse ClickUp Reviews

4,106 of 4,106 reviews
Ziva
Ziva

Reviewed on 30/04/2024

ClickUp allows us to efficiently collaborate and manage our sales projects.

ClickUp has really helped us improve on the management of our sakes projects. It allows us to work together as a team and collaborate on all the tasks we have. The experience with ClickUp has been super beneficial and it has allowed us to have smooth flow of operations during projects.

Pros

ClickUp offers us a team working platform that help us to work together and collaborate on each single stage of our sales projects. It makes our team communications very smooth and clear to everyone. It has super amazing work organization tools that help us plan and organize our work in a more productive way. It allows us to bring all necessary details about our projects under one space which promotes easy access to everyone on the team.

Cons

It has been a fantastic experience with ClickUp and nothing has been amiss. There has been nothing no to love about ClickUp.

Kevin

Reviewed on 06/05/2024

Excellent PM Toolkit

Great resources so was easy to learn and impliment. Really enjoying the experience.

Pros

Ease of setup and use, has all tools needed to complete multiple projects.

Cons

No cons yet, still early days, working really well.

Microsoft Project

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

Simplicity and cost, it ticked 99% of our criteria.

Reviewed on 05/10/2023

A Pleasant Surprise Over Jira

My journey from Jira to ClickUp has been unexpectedly positive. ClickUp offers a user-friendly experience and cost-effectiveness that we appreciate, even though it may not be as feature-rich as Jira.

Pros

I've been using Jira for quite some time, but recently, I decided to give ClickUp a try, and to my surprise, it's been a delightful experience. ClickUp's user interface is refreshingly simple and intuitive, making it easy for everyone on my team to get on board. One of its standout features is its affordability, which is a breath of fresh air, especially for smaller teams. ClickUp may not have all the bells and whistles of Jira, but it offers a solid set of project management features that are more than sufficient for our needs. The integration options are pretty decent too, allowing us to connect with the tools we rely on.

Cons

While ClickUp has been a pleasant surprise, it's not without its limitations. It may not match Jira's extensive project management capabilities, which can be a drawback for larger, more complex projects. Additionally, the reporting and analytics features aren't as robust as those in Jira, but they do get the job done. Integration with other tools, while adequate, lacks the seamless experience you'd find with Jira and its ecosystem.

Response from ClickUp

Hey, Chris! 👋

Thank you so much for taking the time to share details about your experience. We're thrilled to hear that your transition from Jira to ClickUp was simple and pleasant!

Our Support experts would love to learn more about the project management, reporting, and integration capabilities that you have been unable to accomplish in ClickUp compared to Jira. There may be some ClickUp features you haven't explored yet that can handle these needs, and they will be able to provide tips, tricks, and recommendations tailored to your unique use case!

We're growing 1% every day and look forward to providing you with even more value as we continue to develop. 🪴

Replied 31/10/2023

Top ClickUp Alternatives

Thomas
Thomas
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 01/02/2024

Great project management tool for a startup or small team

Very positive and would definitely use it again in my new startup.

Pros

Pricing was very attractive if you sign for a year and a pre-determined number of seats. It was also great to be able to import and export from our other tools into ClickUp.

Cons

The speed of loading is quite slow and the short-cuts are not as extensive as Confluence

Jira and monday.com

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

Price, features and ease of use. Also, we thought CLickup would be faster than the slow loading of Jira / Confluence, but it was just as bad.

Jira and YouTrack

Reviewed on 15/04/2024

Future of Project Management

Pros

I love automation and how you can make any project's workflow go seamlessly without having to build a custom solution.

Cons

Some of the employees did not know English, and the Spanish version was not available until recently, resulting in a lot of errors.

Notion

monday.com and Asana
Steve
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 08/04/2024

Podcast/E-Learning Production Awesome-ness

It's the program I was looking for, and I don't use a team (yet), which is where it's spending most of its development time (understandably). If/when I am prepared to expand my business, ClickUp will still be the tool.

Pros

GANTT charts and dependencies, timelines and warnings, reminders of steps and re-usable templates episode by episode, online lesson production to next, ClickUp does what I need it to. Anything else is a stand-alone spreadsheet in comparison.

Cons

The initial interface for a new user is truly intimidating, and it doesn't have to be. ClickUp University does a fair job of leading folks through (but it was incomplete when I began using it). So prepare for a period of time for learning its functional power and versatility--and definitely engage the user communities on social media who are very helpful. Recommendations: Design an onboarding experience that shows a more rudimentary interface that increases in complexity as the user gets comfortable and engages new options; right now, it's the opposite: showing everything and having users slim down what they don't need.

Adam
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 13/05/2024

Clickup is an ideal platform for project management.

I have had a very nice and great experience with Clickup. It has ton of features to use and it seamlessly integrates with other softwares such as Microsoft Outlook, Gmail etc.

Pros

I have been using Clickup for more than 6 years and it has been of great help. It is one of the best tool for project management and it allows you to engage and interact with coworkers. I like how it allows me to manage, organize and plan my daily tasks with ease.

Cons

Clickup is amazing, robust and exceptional. Only that for new users, Clickup can be a little bit confusing to get started.

Nomusa
Nomusa
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 10/05/2024

ClickUp for a better project management

ClickUp provides insights into project progress, team performance, and workload through customizable dashboards and reporting tools. This visibility allows stakeholders to make informed decisions and track key metrics.

Pros

ClickUp is accessible across devices, including web browsers, desktop applications, and mobile apps (iOS and Android).
ClickUp facilitates collaboration through features like comments, mentions, and real-time editing.

Cons

Some users may have concerns about storing sensitive information on a third-party platform.
Too much customization or complex workflows can lead to confusion or inefficiencies if not implemented thoughtfully

Rakesk
Rakesk

Reviewed on 07/05/2024

Quite Responsive Multiple Marketing Projects Management Tool.

Impressive project data management and easy project reporting solution which allows easy employees data management.

Pros

ClickUp is a very easy and friendly product on manipulation and on project workflow and task management and even the scheduling using this platform is productive. The teams can easily collaborate and share important marketing content through this package and version control functions are perfect.

Cons

I got absolutely nothing which i can dislike from this platform and also the features performance is nice.

Jing Feng
Jing Feng
  • Industry: Maritime

Reviewed on 19/04/2024

ClickUp Review

Overall I am having a really good experience with ClickUp and it really helps people from various fields work together on a project and view their tasks better.

Pros

I love the clean and intuitive UI of ClickUp. It's just so easy to view all of the tasks of various priorities, status and feature type at a glance. The beautiful UI makes it rewarding to use too. Despite having several "sprints" in my company, we are still able to find out the tasks which are completed in the past easily too.

Cons

Updates are frequent in ClickUp, and sometimes the UI temporarily becomes bad. Recently the filter row suddenly takes up a lot of space, making it difficult to view several tasks at once.

Fred
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 16/10/2019

A real boon for our planning and implementing activities

The real advantage for us has been the ability to keep track of what others are doing as well as individually having these reminders. What we still need to develop is our goal setting and tracking, something we plan to do as we plan for the next year.

Pros

We had been searching for a good planning and tasking software for some time now that can be used online. We have really appreciated being able to break down the tasks on different levels, of projects and lists. It keeps us on task with email reminders and we are able to supplement our communication with one another. We have really appreciated the repeating tasks. The basic setup and use is quite simple and easy to learn, yet there is a real depth of options as activities become more complex.

Cons

There is not much we don't like. Sometimes there are changes with newer versions, and features we had been using are gone or done differently. That is not unique to ClickUp, but it can still be slightly disruptive.

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

We liked Rukovoditel, but it really required setting up everything from scratch. That allowed us to really have just what we wanted, but as a small team with limited tech skills, it has been really helpful to have a program that has most of what we need built in and functioning in ways that we just don't know how to set up in Rukovoditel.

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

The boards of Trello are an interesting concept, but ClickUp seems to be a more natural way for us for viewing tasks. What is great, though, are the other options to view tasks that are similar to Trello if needed, but we are not bound by that.
Rudolf
Rudolf

Reviewed on 08/09/2020

Best of all for tasks and project management

Pros

I've tried them all, both the well-known project management tools and the newer ones, more document-oriented. ClickUp has the absolute best development team, listens to their community's voting platform and reveals new features every week. At the same time, their packages are reasonably priced, so affordable for many. We run a small real estate development company with ClickUp.

Cons

Their UI could be cleaner and their mobile app should be relaunched for sure. With their latest implementation of 'Automation' it looks very promising, and I hope they can keep up with the new players and make ClickUp more document oriented.

Coda, Infinity Call Tracking and Notion

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

While Asana is known for being slow in their development, ClickUp actually implements the features their users are asking for.

Asana

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

While I like the document-oriented approach of the other apps, ClickUp has one of the most mature task and project management products.
Olakunle

Reviewed on 17/06/2021

Very powerful project management tool for freelancers/small businesses

I've been using ClickUp as a project management tool to help oversee subcontractors and give clients insights into how a project is moving along. There are a ton of cool features to dive into even at the free level. I like the ease of switching between a Kanban-like structure to Gantt or Timeline. And more importantly, I like the hierarchy of organization within a workspace. I can organize by Spaces and within each of them have a folder and within each folder have a project. And I can click on any level of the hierarchy to see any projects and tasks to are included.

Pros

The number of features at the free level are enough to tackle 90%+ of all common project needs for those looking for a powerful and cost-effective tool

Cons

Because Click Up also includes features for documents, mind maps, and analytics, it can feel like a lot to manage and understand. I can see some users finding it to be a confusing platform.

Trello, monday.com and Asana

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

I still use Notion for organizing digital content, but it was not as powerful out-of-the-box as a project manager and harder to control permissions/security

Notion

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

There were more features are the free level than these other tools.

Response from ClickUp

Hey, Olakunle!

Thank you so much for writing this great review! We are so so excited that you've found our Free Forever Plan was able to handle nearly all of your workload and work management needs at a cost-effective price of... no price! Because it will always be free!

We definitely understand the overwhelming feeling of learning about ClickUp's endless features, as it can be a lot! However, we have a bunch of helpful documents and videos that can help with this! Check them out here: https://docs.clickup.com/en/

Thanks again for taking the time to write out this awesome review! :)

Replied 01/07/2021
Paddy
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 05/04/2022

Solid, constantly improving, one to rule them all

One of the few SaaS I chose to pay for instead of using the (well featured) free tier. Recent job needed non-user people to submit dietary requirements, 2 minutes later I had a form that crated tasks that were assigned to the catering manager who could then update their statuses as they made the necessary changes. Click-Up is almost a platform upon which to create custom line-of-bisiness applications, so rather than being bound to a particular tool's workflow/constraints you're always able to tweak any feature to fit your own way of working.

Pros

Like lists? Click-Up does lists. Like Gantt charts, done. Kanban boards? Yep. Need to see the calendar or some kind of timeline? Yep. Mind maps? Got'em. Whiteboards? Yep. Public forms? You guessed it. The bit where it gets useful is that they're all just views on the same underlying data, so everyone can work how they prefer. Automations are functional and included, big plus for project management. Updates are constant, with new features and integrations available to add/vote on.

Cons

The default UI is very low contrast and horrible. There are high contrast and dark modes, which I suggest for anyone wanting functionality. The power can make the tool seem a little daunting when you're getting started, but start simple then explore.

Freedcamp, Trello, monday.com and Asana

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

Trello hit a ceiling pretty quickly - automations or getting data out or custom fields etc. Simple but inflexible by comparison.

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

Right balance of price and functionality, and the active development of user-requested features means you always feel like you're getting value. It replaces a few other tools, too. Bug tracking, project management, etc.

Reviewed on 30/07/2022

Great small business management option.

Pros

As a small business owner I loved that I could use ClickUp to perform the task of several other platforms, which keeps my subscription costs down and all my stuff in one place. It can get overwhelming and unproductive having data in various different places, so ClickUp has been able to help us solve that problem.

Cons

Sometimes the system is a bit slow, but I believe they've done a lot of work on improving the servers lately to address this issue. The thing I like least isnt against the software, but rather that there is SO many options, so you really need to do some planning before you dive in, so you don't get overwhelmed and lost in the options. There is lots of YouTube videos with ideas, but really, you need to work out what will work for you and your business. Once you do that pre-work, it makes the setup and use a lot easier. No 2 businesses are exactly the same when it comes to requirements. Take the time to work out what works for you.

Response from ClickUp

Hey, there!

We're so happy to hear that you're enjoying a productivity boost with ClickUp!

Don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything at all, and have a great, productive day!

Replied 24/08/2022
Jay

Reviewed on 03/10/2022

Clickup Gets the Job Done

Pros

It has a lot of features. It allows automation which is very helpful for saving time creating tasks. It allows you to track time of employees and manage if you are overloading the employees. It provides a lot of views to better understand the project.

Cons

I think that the documents could use a lot more work. It feels far behind Notion in that regard.

Trello and Asana

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

It provides a view like trello with more features.

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

It had a gantt chart view at that time.

Response from ClickUp

Hey, Jay!

Replied 04/10/2022
Amit

Reviewed on 11/12/2022

One of the best and most affordable project management tool

I had a great experience using ClickUp for project management. It is a very user-friendly tool that has helped me to keep track of my projects and tasks. I have found it to be very helpful in organizing my work and keeping me on track. It has also been a great help in collaborating with other team members. Overall, I have found ClickUp to be a very valuable tool for managing my work.

Pros

I love ClickUp as a project management tool for our team. I like how it's user-friendly and how it allows me to easily keep track of my projects. The best feature that we use is the custom properties. I can make notes about my tasks and then I can pull them up in the future to see how long I worked on that task and other details about that project. It's helpful for us to stay on top of our projects and we can easily create and manage them all in one place. I would definitely recommend ClickUp to any team.

Cons

For someone who isn't familiar with technology, it can be daunting to see all the features available in ClickUp. However, I didn't find any major issues with the product.

Response from ClickUp

Hey, Amit!

Replied 21/12/2022

Reviewed on 16/02/2019

Best Project Management Tool I've Ever Used

I use ClickUp exclusively as a solo user for my personal projects at the moment, although I'm trying to sell the idea to my employer to move a small team toward this to replace our current project planning and bug tracking solutions.
I was so impressed that I upgraded to the Unlimited paid plan and intend to be a lifelong customer.
I absolutely love ClickUp and highly recommend it to everyone.

Pros

-Packed with features and options; advanced features are called "ClickApps" and can be turned on/off by an admin, depending on the team's needs.
-Beautiful UI, with relatively intuitive layout
-Lots of view options: by Time (i.e. a calendar), List, Kanban board, Box (cool idea I haven't seen before), Gantt chart (paid feature), and Reports.
-I love how they allow you to minimize a task to pin it to the bottom of your window for easy access. I regularly pin my top 3-4 tasks I need to urgently work on, which could otherwise get forgotten (although their reminders and notifications system is quite robust, those help too).
-The notepad feature is such a great idea. Perfect for having a convenient way to jot down rough notes, which you can later convert to a task if desired.
-Fast development team: features and improvements are rapidly added.
-Unlike a lot of their competition, they listen to users and are transparent with their roadmap: ClickUp uses a feature feedback tool called Canny to let users suggest and vote on features/improvements/bugs (see clickup.canny.io/). They also publish their roadmap, with regular updates, so you know what is coming (see docs.clickup.com/features/roadmap). I regularly check both of these pages and absolutely love this.
-ClickUp's Support team is amazing. Large amounts of written and video content get posted regularly to teach you how to use various features. And if you get stuck, their Support team responds very quickly.

Cons

There is certainly a learning curve to figuring out how best to fit their many levels of hierarchy that groups of tasks can follow: ClickUp offers spaces, projects, project lists, tasks, sub-tasks, checklists, and "checked lists" (an alternative to bullet points within a description box), as well as tags and the newly-introduced goals.
With all these options, it can certainly be confusing on how to structure your to-dos.
My advice is to 1) watch as many of their support videos as you need to understand what they offer and 2) use only what you know you immediately need, then ignore other features until you see a need in your projects.

Andreas

Reviewed on 31/03/2019

Clickup is packed with features, but it needs some polishing

Clickups main strength is to give the user full control over how they want to manage their tasks and checklists, while also give the option to viw them the way they prefer it. There is a bit of a learning curve with clickup, but one you get the hang of it, clickup has the possibility of saving a lot of time (for example with recurring tasks for us).
For the productivity freaks like me, clickup is an uncut diamond that need a lot of polishing (mainly better styling in terms of visibility of featues - especially for people with bad eyesight like my girlfriend - but also in terms of using the screen space as optimally as possible). I hope that with time the styling gets updated such that new users can get the same enjoyment out of this system as we have when we applied our own styling to clickup.

Pros

I like that there is so many ways you can customize and view you tasks, which was vital for my girlfriend and i who uses clickup for managing our daily lifes together and for our jobs. The primary reason we switched to clickup was the ability to make recurring tasks, such that we could keep track of maintenace tasks in our home that doesn't have to be done every week.
Before i managed this manually for us, but now we have automated this with clickup. In combination with this we wanted to have one system to manage all over our tasks, reminders and notes, which clickup can do for us. We also wanted to be able to switch views, bacause my girldfriend wants to see tasks in a list view, where i prefer a board view, which was what the main thing that convinced my girlfriend to switch over from trello, which doesnt have this feature.

Cons

The main problem we have with clickup is the overall styling and layout of clickup. Mainly many of the colors in the app is too neutral and often just different shades of grey, which makes it hard to distinguish one thing from another.
Also the acitivity overview in each task is WAY to big, and it would be cool if this was made an optional thing to view, which was hidden at default or could be set to hidden in the settings because we rarely use it.
Lastly the individual elements on the views and for each task has way to much padding around them, which makes it such that you almost cant see any of the important (in my opinion) things on each task, whick is the checklists and the subtasks, which gets pushed out of view when you are rolled to the top of the task, especially when viewing things on a laptop. This also applies to list view, where the tags (which is also hard to read for my girlfriend with bad eyesight) could be moved out to the right instead of being underneath the task name to fill less on the screen so more can be viewed.
To try and make up for these problems, i have actually made my own styling to clickup (i am a system developer myself in my daily job) to solve many of the isues we have with it. When these things are solved, clickup becomes much more intuitive and user friendly to us.
We hope that with time the styling will improve such that we dont have to make out own styling, but in the meantime we get around these issues by this method.

Eva
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 15/04/2019

Great app for staying on top of my workdays, tasks and projects

Clickup has become the easiest way for me to organize my tasks per week because I can easily customize the lists-features to my needs. The best thing is that I can move all items around between lists per drag and drop (I created two lists, each with the five working days of the week: "Week A" and "Week B", because this is the best way for me). I can also plan out whole projects aside from my weekly schedule or combine the two. All lists appear in a neat sidebar. This way I can focus completely on the tasks for each day without having to look a the whole week. To distingish between jobs, I just tag them with different names and colors. And if a task is completed, I can check it "done" and it's gone. I really get stuff done now without getting stressed out anymore by constantly seeing my whole workload in front of me. Thank you, Clickup team!

Pros

I really like organizing my jobs and tasks with Clickup (free version) because it's a both simple and highly customizable app. As a freelance journalist I often have to switch a lot between many jobs and clients. If I don't stay organized, I can easily miss tasks – with Clickup I can really stay on top of it and quickly change my plan day to day if something unexpected comes up. I mostly work alone, which is why a lot of other project management apps (which are mostly designed for teams) aren't right for me. Clickup allows me to do both. The software works nicely both on my desktop and my smartphone. I can create tasks and organize them in individual lists, tag them and create subtasks. I can also add due dates or estimated times to each task if I need to, so I can plan both my to dos for the week and my (realistic) workload for the day.

Cons

I wouldn't change anything major, but like any great app Clickup's still missing some features :-) First and foremost I'd love a german version of Clickup. A real inbox to organize email and create tasks from it directly in Clickup would also come in handy (via IMAP and for any email provider, since I don't have either Outlook nor Google Mail). I would also like to rename the default (required) statuses and disable the "undo" popup in the left bottom corner, because it's really annoying when I remove a lot of tasks at once (they overlap my lists so that I can't use them until the popups disappear after a while). And last but not least: Some tasks are "in progress" for a long time but still far from "done". For example I sometimes work on just one text for many hours and I can't add any subtasks to that task. So I'd love to have a progess bar or circle to manually add the percentage I've already accomplished in each task (like in 10 % steps or so). This would greatly increase my motivation :-)

Rick
Rick
  • Industry: Design
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 17/08/2019

Innovative project/task management software with plenty of power, even in the free tier

I'm impressed overall although I'm not sure I'm going to switch from Todoist. Having task dependencies is pretty tempting though. Definitely anyone looking for a task/project management for teams should look very closely at Clickup. If any of your team has aging eyes, however, trust me they're going to protest.

Pros

I have to say I'm impressed with so much power being offered for small teams for free: Things like email notifications, a slick Android/iOS app, dependencies for tasks (almost never free), file attachments for tasks (ditto), integrations (Todoist and Slack are the two I checked out), generous allocation of projects.

This is a thoughtfully designed app for teams with enterprise-level features for everyone.

At first it might seem like a negative that time tracking isn't native to the app but since so many adopters are probably already using a dedicated TT app, the tight-enough integration with third-party apps like Toggl is a good idea. Plus Clickup has a Chrome extension. See below for caveats.

I also liked being able to minimize tasks to the bottom of the screen.

Other members of the the team, such as managers, can watch tasks without those tasks being assigned to them. This is unique to Clickup, I believe.

Cons

The tagline for the app is One app to replace them all and the strain of accomplishing that shows in the webapp's complex UI. Don't get me wrong, the devs have done an impressive job with basic onboarding, in general, and with cramming so many features on-screen. However there were times I either felt lost or wondered about the various spaces and panes that weren't being used. I kept finding features that

But the worst thing about the UI is the text size and the too-light accent colors. Too many UI elements were in the lightest gray imaginable that could still be perceived. Not at all optimal. Some more themes would be appreciated. I can't see being happy using the app every day because of this. Also, a tiny tiny little flag that indicates a high priority task is kind of a joke. Maybe lightly shade the whole task?

The Android app , on the other hand, is better if not ideal. I'm not used to different type sizes within a pane.

I disabled the Chrome extension because when it was installed it kept crashing my other extensions and its massive CPU grab led to my having to Powerwash my Chromebook.

Bhavik Singh
Bhavik Singh

Reviewed on 27/06/2022

Want to organize tasks? Look up for ClickUp!

ClickUp is a great task management tool that helps me keep my team organized and on track. I love that I can create custom tasks and subtasks and that I can collaborate with my team on each task. ClickUp has also been a great way to keep my team organized, as I can create spaces for each team member and assign tasks accordingly. Overall, I highly recommend ClickUp to anyone looking for a great task management tool.

Pros

I have been using ClickUp for some time and absolutely love it. Personally, it has helped me to be more organized and productive. I know these two words get overused like some random metaphors, but it's no less than the truth.

I love that I can customize the tasks, and subtasks and collaborate with my team. The spaces feature is also very helpful. It helped us define spaces for different functions (marketing, content, devs, etc.). The tasks are also very customizable, which is great if you need to add subtasks or collaborate with others.

In addition, the UI is pretty user-friendly, and the support is great. Overall, I would recommend ClickUp to anyone looking for a great task management tool.
So, if you're looking for a great task management tool, ClickUp is definitely worth checking out.

Cons

I don't have many complaints, but if there were one thing that really annoys me about ClickUp is that it sometimes tends to lag big time when there is a lot of data on the content board or the document/editor. It becomes quite annoying when you're short of time. Apart from that, there's one more thing that makes the content board kind of cluttered. When I look at the finished tasks, I could see some of them from 3-4 months back. Now, over time, these grow and look cluttered. I wish there was a way where the finished tasks get archived or something after a month and a half to keep the dashboard clear. You see, a cluttered desk leads to a cluttered mind... not something desirable.

Reviewed on 20/11/2022

Great tool for my company.

ClickUp is a powerful cloud-based tool for communication and project management. It can seem intimidating at first, but once you get accustomed to the user interface (especially on the free version), it will become second nature. ClickUp is an excellent choice for businesses and projects of all sizes, in all industries.

Pros

One thing I love about Clickup is the ability to make tasks dependent on others. That way, instead of having to move cards and manually check them off (which can get very time-consuming), you can just mark a task complete and the Clickup system will automatically notify the next person in line to do their part. It's honestly why our team uses Clickup because we have multiple big projects that are often too large for just one person.

Cons

As with any new software, you'll need a bit of time to get used to the interface and start learning all of its features. But don't worry, what you invest in learning now will save you a ton of time in the future. There are still some features that need to be worked on, but the developers are focused and quick with new releases.

Jira and Trello

Asana

Response from ClickUp

Hey, there!

Replied 02/12/2022
Samara Zuri
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 01/11/2023

Have an overview of all work engagements plus curb collaboration friction

ClickUp stands out from the crowd because it is affordable while offering a range of benefits that together enhances personal and teams Productivity

Pros

ClickUp is a tool of it's kind. It has a splendidly designed UI that makes it soo easy to set up and utilize each and every feature. I have used ClickUp over the years and have found all it's features soo indispensable. From being able to have a bird's eye view on all my To- dos with multiple views which include overdue timelines makes it easy to sort, group and filter tasks. When working on projects/ campaigns, my team and I are able to divide the complex projects into smaller tasks which are then delegated to each one of us. From the dashboard we can then get to see who is working on what soo there is no the issue of double delegation of one tasks. Also Clickup put an ultimate end to the collaboration friction,we are now able to communicate through direct emails,realtime chats, white board, documents sharing and notifications and mentions on action items which makes working together on projects soo hassle free. Realtime reportings is a plus for me as the team manager, Iam able to create reports and see where we are soo far on each particular project and what resource have been used for reporting to my seniors and even sponsors of our NGO

Cons

With the 24/7 support I get from the technical team and loads of information available online on ClickUp, there is no chance left for drawbacks

Boryana
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 28/12/2023

Decent tool. Works for my multidisciplinary team.

Fairly positive. Overall it is very useful, we have used it to manage our team work, track and report project progress, do planning, etc.
Bear in mind that we are a multidisciplinary work, so we've tried to make it work both for delivery/ tech functions and research and strategy.
The only drawbacks are the small customisations we haven't been able to make (e.g. the weekly view to start on a differerent day) and the syncing time / loading time.

Pros

1. Helps us manage our workload and set the expectations right. It allows us to plan and forecast work: we get to understand the pace at which we move on projects, it allows us to understand what blockers have occured and how long it takes us to deal with them.
2. Allows us to see clearly where we have dependencies (so that no task or person on the team blocks another person to do their tasks). We use it to optimise our sprints.
3. Supports productivity and team collaboration: during the sprint check-ins, we refer to teh burn-down charts to see if we are on track and if anyone needs help.

Cons

1. Syncing takes time. E.g. Once we have planned our month, we input all information in ClickUp and so it happends that a few people make changes in parallel and we refresh and give time for the changes to appear.
2. Some of the views don't load propearly occasionally. E.g. In the Workload view, the users with their workload for the week disappear and we cannot see our workload. Refreshing the view helps, but can be annoying.
3. We haven't found a way to track time for personal projects and not have them appear in the reporting. E.g. I want to time tracked for volunteering, which is separate from our work and my time utilisation at work, but this doesn't seem to be possible. All time tracked goes to utilisation. The same way we need to track time for time off. It would be good if this gets implemented.
4. There is a weekly view, however it would be better for us to get a view not starting on Monday, but on the first day of our sprint (in our case Wednesday).