AppFolio Property Manager Reviews

About AppFolio Property Manager

Run your entire portfolio on one powerful platform. AppFolio’s intuitive and user-friendly experience gives your property management team the tools they need to provide excellent service to residents and owners. Whether you...

Browse AppFolio Property Manager Reviews

1,896 of 1,896 reviews
Benjamin
Benjamin

Reviewed on 05/11/2020

Well-Rounded & Reliable

Appfolio has world class customer service with extremely quick response time. Implementing the software was as easy as it could have been. It still takes time and effort, but it is certainly worth it to be on such a streamlined software.

Pros

I love the ability to track collections, maintenance orders, and Tenant info/documents from my smartphone. This software gives me the option to have any staff work remote as needed and still do our jobs at 100% capacity.

Cons

Appfolio does a nice job at continuing to develop better features. One area that needs improvements is the ability to do inspections. It takes forever for photos to upload while at the property and uses a ton of data. Would be nice to be able to have the inspections saved locally to the phone and then upload all at once while on WiFi. This would speed up inspections drastically. Improving inspection templates is also needed.

Propertyware

Reasons for Choosing AppFolio Property Manager

We used a bunch of Microsoft Excel spreadsheets. Data was easily messed up, and it offered no mobile features. It wasn’t specifically designed for real estate.

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to AppFolio Property Manager

Appfolio had a sleek look and better support being offered.

Response from AppFolio

Hi Benjamin, thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback!

Replied 21/04/2021
Mike

Reviewed on 30/10/2023

AppFolio is the Apple of Prop Management Software

In general this is the best property management software on the market if you have a portfolio of 100 to about 1500 homes. Any smaller than that there might be simpler solutions that you could use in any larger than that you might need some customization that could be a little bit tricky to do an app folio. Before that midsize property manager this is the perfect product to really streamline your systems and give your residence and owners a great experience.

Pros

AppFolio simply works. Or should I say that it works simply. Whenever you're purchasing software the folks that are in charge of selling it will always tell you all the things that it can do. If I lined up at folio side by side next to various other property management software that I've used they all would check the boxes of doing all the things that you need them to do. However from using many of the different providers and have folio I can tell you that when our team turned on that folio it was far less training because everything just simply made sense. The screens look nice the reports made sense the dashboards made sense the flows were simple and easy to understand. It's very difficult to understand this type of nuance when buying software so I can only tell you that our experience was extremely smooth and running this especially when compared to using the competitors that we had done previously.

Cons

Personally I find some of the accounting functionality to be a little bit challenging but that could be simply a part of me not being an accountant.

Reasons for Choosing AppFolio Property Manager

Hopefully it was simply the best option for the amount of homes that we had.

Reasons for Switching to AppFolio Property Manager

We use building them and it is a simple product that might work well if you have less than 100 homes but as you start to advance beyond that the flows and systems are simply not disadvanced is that folio and it's simply not as easy to use.
Obaid
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 06/06/2024

I have seen better

Pros

I have used Appfolio in my previous employment and I was not very impressed. Using numerous other property management software, this was my lease favorite. It doesn't offer a lot of resources like Entrata does. I understand smaller companies tend to use Appfolio, and I believe it is due to cost.

Cons

prospect management, moving residents in, accounting, etc.

Top AppFolio Property Manager Alternatives

QuickBooks Enterprise

QuickBooks Payroll

Yard Management Solutions

Toi

Reviewed on 06/02/2024

It’s Effective and Efficient

I love it! I prefer it over Yardi! It can be used as an accounting program, property mgr program, marketing program, affordable housing certification/ recertification. Communication with residents and leads.

Pros

Being able to market specific units by adding videos/ photos and an auto generated marketing description based on tags added to each individual unit based on its own unique floorplan

Cons

Sometimes different financial reports do not speak to each other so one report can be misleading from the other

Leif

Reviewed on 31/01/2024

Need to take a course to use the program

In general, a manual would be helpful, or a FAQ sheet. Wonderful customer support and help with any errors and questions, but it still took a long time to get used to all the information. In the end, the [sensitive content hidden]sold the property.

Pros

The financial part was amazing if you put the numbers in the right area.

Cons

I needed extra training to get everything up and running. There were two of us trying to learn how to work the program. We lost time in managing our other 93 doors trying to learn this system for managing 250 doors of private student housing for The University of Arizona.

Aria

Reviewed on 01/03/2024

Don't get involved with Appfolio

I should start by saying the product is great. It's robust, it's comprehensive, and once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy to use. But if you have a choice, don't get into bed with these guys. The customer support is beyond bad...good luck getting anyone on the phone. They recently switched to some sort of AI for customer support--and I didn't think it was possible to get worse--but I have given up on ever getting their help in solving any issues. I have to figure it out myself or find a work-around. And during all that time, their prices have gone up. Apparently, the only thing they care about is profits...because as their prices have gone up, the quality of their service has decreased. We now average more than $2,000/per month in charges and fees to them. But, like a divorce, leaving them is going to be expensive and messy. I'm going to retire in about 4 years...so I think I'm just going to suck it up and stick with them. But listen to me boys and girls: don't make the same mistake I made. Don't get involved with them.

Pros

It's useful and is pact with all of the bells and whistles

Cons

Just about every part of the user experience makes me wish we had never switched to Appfolio. Their customer service is so bad, it's legendary. They are the poster child for American corporate greed.

QuickBooks Desktop and Buildium

Reasons for Switching to AppFolio Property Manager

I initially liked their online payment method for tenants to pay their rent. I also liked their full integration of their product.
Autumn

Reviewed on 06/11/2023

A Life Saver

Pros

So many features to help with property management. Very easy to use.

Cons

I really don't have any complaints. Anything that I don't understand or need help with is easily fixed or understood through customer service which is outstanding.

Isy

Reviewed on 11/01/2024

The best Property Manager Software so far

Extremely satisfied with the ease of every task.

Pros

Our reason to switch to Appfolio was the ability to perform the accounting within the same software than the property management.

Cons

That there is no a phone number I can dial for assistance.

Katy
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 13/11/2023

AppFolio Review

I am happy for the switch, there are some things I wish could change, however overall I am happy.

Pros

It is very user friendly. It has great features and easy reporting.

Cons

The compliance feature is non usable as it is extremely out of date.

Emily

Reviewed on 15/05/2024

Great Property Manager

Pros

AppFolio is a great property management software, making it easy to use. The support team is also very helpful and quick to respond.

Cons

It is very limited on design and customization capabilities.

Jon

Reviewed on 10/12/2019

Powerful - Easy to Use and Learn

AppFolio has been able to streamline and give so much more efficiency for day to day operations that we're able to scale our business at a much more dramatic pace.

Pros

The all encompassing ability to power a website to sophisticated accounting, maintenance controls, tenant/owner communications is all at your fingertips anywhere with a mobile device or computer.

Cons

If you're not a seasoned bookkeeper and you're managing somewhat sophisticated accounting of properties, you can dig yourself a hole real quick.

Reasons for Choosing AppFolio Property Manager

AppFolio had the capabilities that we needed that the previous software could not provide and are constantly improving the software. Appfolio has come a long way from 2 years ago!

Property Boulevard

Reasons for Switching to AppFolio Property Manager

We got a better feeling with Appfolio and their sales team.

Response from AppFolio

Hi Jon, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We know transitions to any new software solution can be tough and we're glad you chose AppFolio to streamline your business!

Replied 30/12/2019
Shawn

Reviewed on 30/06/2020

Would recommend AppFolio

Automated reporting, and records management for property managers is efficient and works well.

Pros

Easy to use and understand at the site level in most respects. Reporting to various owners is automated. Includes free on line payments for our residents.

Cons

The marketing of vacant units to various advertisers was a real plus but this has gone downhill since we originally adopted use of AppFolio.

Yardi Voyager

Reasons for Choosing AppFolio Property Manager

Training to many people is more efficient in Appfolio and automation of accounting report and owner reporting.

ONEsite

Reasons for Switching to AppFolio Property Manager

AppFolio is better understood at the site level and over time AppFolio accounting features have become more robust.
Brayden

Reviewed on 10/11/2020

AppFolio is Powerful, Take the time to study it

Pros

This software is amazing. It has so many features from initial contact with prospective renters all the way through the rental process. It allows you to initiate online payments to vendors and owners. It is capable of creating HTML packets for posting to websites manually. It also posts automatically to about 30 other websites. It is awesome.

Cons

It has taken a lot of work to learn and I’m still learning a lot and I’ve been using it for 7 years. You have to treat it like learning a new language and dive in to understand each facet of the software.

Rent Manager and Yardi Corom

Reasons for Choosing AppFolio Property Manager

Quickbooks couldn’t provide the services that AppFolio can. AppFolio brought our small property management company to a whole new level.

Reasons for Switching to AppFolio Property Manager

AppFolio is consistently improving. It is organized and professional and the customer support is incredible.
Sherry

Reviewed on 06/07/2021

Appfolio Review July2021

Appfolio is a great product and takes a lot of the user labor out.

Pros

I love how you can tie everything in from property to owner to tenant. You can click on the amount in any report to review a transaction. Attaching PDFs to the statements are fantastic. Communication is wonderful.

Cons

The finer accounting pieces. I would love to be able to run the balance sheet and click on Operating Cash to see what the balance of each bank account that makes up the Operating cash, then if I want to see by property, I could click on that total.

Propertyware

Reasons for Choosing AppFolio Property Manager

Cost was the biggest reason, but Appfolio has a better user friendly, less keypunch product.

MRI Software

Reasons for Switching to AppFolio Property Manager

We had another smaller company that we had been using Appfolio with and your upgrades throughout the years let us know you listen to your clients to improve your product. That was what helped us make our decision.

Reviewed on 17/12/2019

Appfolio makes our business run smoothly!

Appfolio adds so much value to the services we provide to our HOA clients. We wouldn't want to do business without it.

Pros

Appfolio is so easy to use, both for us as managers and for homeowners using the portal. Appfolio has spent a great deal of time figuring out which features are the most beneficial and perfecting those features.

Cons

There are a few very minor technical things but I am sure they will get fixed as Appfolio is constantly making improvements.

Reasons for Choosing AppFolio Property Manager

I started onboarding with Buildium when we first started our company but they were making the onboarding process too difficult so we switched.

Reasons for Switching to AppFolio Property Manager

Ease of use and customer support.

Response from AppFolio

Thanks, Sarah! We're so glad you are finding AppFolio easy to use with your HOA portfolio and look forward to continuing to partner with you!

Replied 30/12/2019
Sherry

Reviewed on 30/06/2020

Appfolio Review

I love Appfolio and how they always are trying to improve the software!

Pros

Easy navigation throughout each piece. The leasing and accounting flows easily to the reporting. All of the pieces link very nicely.

Cons

The balance sheet sums all of the bank accounts into operating cash and escrow cash. It makes it hard to see individual bank account balances on the balance sheet.

The late fee program is very laborious when dealing with 2000+ units and residents.

The minimum fee bills on a unit even if you didn't collect income. There is a lot of work to make sure we don't bill when the unit is vacant.

Rent Manager and Propertyware

Reasons for Choosing AppFolio Property Manager

Appfolio was much more user friendly and cost less.

Reasons for Switching to AppFolio Property Manager

Previous experience with a small portfolio.
Vivianq

Reviewed on 16/06/2022

If you are in Property Management AppFolio is the best choice!

We all love using AppFolio!

Pros

The program is super user friendly and quality life changes are being made regularly to make the software better. Between adding features and their support system makes workflow with AppFolio easier than ever. They take suggestions made from customers/users and do their best to implement them. Training new employees to use AppFolio has gone from taking months to get someone able to use to just a few weeks.

Cons

They do make changes behind the scenes that sometimes effects the way you have something set up and you don't know it until it gets brought to someones attention.

Yardi Voyager and Buildium

Reasons for Choosing AppFolio Property Manager

The program was not user friendly at all.

Reasons for Switching to AppFolio Property Manager

AppFolio had the best price at the time for the features they provided.

Reviewed on 08/02/2019

Chatel Real Estate

Overall I'm very pleased and excited every time something new rules out. I'm the operations manager for one of Chatel's locations and I'm constantly playing with the new features to see if they will be useful for my company. This software is super easy to use, it cuts down on labor-intensive data management and archiving information. Plus the fact that it allows a property manager to be mobile. There is nothing sweeter than being at a board meeting or a condo meeting and saying hey I can pull that information up on my phone. :)

Pros

I love that things are so well integrated. I have been with Chatel Real Estate for 7 years and we have been using Appfolio for the last 6 years. I appreciate all of the new features that you roll out and I'm super excited every time I see that little bubble at the top of my screen meaning something new has been added. Also, it's super nice that it's easy to use on the phone, I don't like the App. I only use it through my cell phones web browser but it works perfectly and I can get a ton of stuff done while visiting a building. I love that its a one stop shop for property management needs. I like being able to communicate with an entire building and record that information on unit owner pages. The key system is fantastic! We just started using it recently, and it has saved us so much time in addition to providing us with accurate records.

Cons

Prepayments on unit owner ledgers do not automatically apply to the next owners charge automatically. This makes the aged receivable detail look off which is annoying and clients complain about it. It's not a huge deal and its something we easily fix. I also wish the homeowner directory report had columns to add their tenant's information into it, instead of having to pull a renter directory and then an owner directory. Clients want just one spreadsheet not two! I wish you accepted AMEX for payments, I get a fair amount of compliants about it.

Response from AppFolio

HI Sarah,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback and thanks for being our longtime partner! We have updated the app to have the same, full functionality that the browser has. We'd encourage you to download it from the app store so you can continue to easily pull up information on your phone in any meeting!

Replied 12/03/2019
Janee

Reviewed on 24/09/2019

Great product overall! Highly recommend!

Overall, I am very satisfied with AppFolio Property Manager. We run a tight organization and I attribute much to this software.

Pros

This software keeps me organized and on top of managing a large inventory of properties and clients.
-It has a strong financial reporting side that encompasses everything necessary to operate and deliver to owners as well as tenants.
-We receive great feedback from the tenants as this software provides a very seamless experience from application process all the way through move outs.
-User friendly, easy to navigate.
-Reports to Experian credit bureau and now RentBureau.
-I also love that on the property page, tenant page, owner page we can add activity reminders.
-The options of reports are great and the customization of them are endless.
-Owners, tenants, vendors all have portals to work in giving them access to their information/accounts.
-AppFolio is always working to improve features and add new services that could benefit property management companies.
-Newer feature is an app for tenants to use to pay online and schedule maintenance. Love it!
Many pros. You won't be disappointed.

Cons

Overall, I don't have many cons and really had to think up what our biggest frustrations are with the software. Not bad if this is all I could come up with. We work around it because overall we are very satisfied with the product.
-Small improvements that need to be made based on user experiences are seemingly overlooked as not important. Example, you can now email tenants/owners from their page. If the email does not go through there is no notification so we are unaware that tenants/owners did not receive our communication. So for now, I do not use that feature if it is something I need to be certain is received by other party.
-There is also a sensitivity with the new showings feature that if a booked party does not reply exactly with CONFIRM, then the booking will automatically cancel. It creates many headaches daily. Cannot reply with YES, CONFIRMED, OK, I'LL BE THERE, etc.
-Owners would like real time details in their owner portal, not just past monthly reports to review.
All of these items have been suggested to AppFolio to review for tweaking by many users.

Paris

Reviewed on 09/04/2019

Small PM Company 20 Month Review

Pros

*Convenient user access on computer & phone.
*User friendly & comprehensive for property management operations
*Good visuals, nice looking documents & communication to customers.
*Love how you launch improvements ongoing & post "What's New"
*Sending work order links to vendors, how they can see all their w/o to stay better organized
*Paying vendors via direct deposit.
*Sharing documents to tenant & owner portals. No more mailing.
*Helps organize functions

Cons

*Expensive.
*Very complicated to manage the accounting portion. There are many hidden, connected functions, that fixing one, often doesn't fix all or messes something else up.
*Move-outs are exceptionally difficult if you have to meet a short time line & have to break the tenant refunds into 2 payments. In WA state, water/sewer companies don't put account in tenant names or read meters in between, so we have to wait up to 60 days to get final bill. We want to hold out deposit funds for that & then refund the tenant any overcharged amount.
*Customer service is friendly & knowledgeable, but have to wait for returned contact & about 25% of the time offers solutions doesn't fix all aspects or messes up something else.

Big Issue: A HUGE number of brokerages are hiring outside Appfolio experts to help manage & solve their problems, instead of relying on Appfolio customer service. A HUGE number. There is something wrong with that.

Response from AppFolio

Hi Paris, thanks for the feedback. We know that the implementation of any new software can be an adjustment, so we've created our Help Center full of articles, community forums and other how-to training resources that will help you to master all of the capabilities within AppFolio Property Manager. We hope that as you continue to learn and grow with AppFolio that you will have a more positive experience moving forward!

Replied 20/06/2019
Jim

Reviewed on 19/02/2020

WOW VERY DISAPPOINTED TECH SUPPORT IS SLEEPING ON THE JOB!

I'd give them NO STARS If I COULD...

WOW VERY DISAPPOINTED
TECH SUPPORT IS SLEEPING ON THE JOB!!

For nearly a TEN DAYS I have called, emailed left messages for ALL numbers AppFolio offers. I finally called custome relations only to be hung up on !
As for support I have opened multiple tickets with..
Software is decent on tenant side and maintenance side.. Accounting and back end is cumbersom to say the least, but definitley over priced!

What really kills Appfolio is the LACK of customer support when needed.. When you call it always leave a message and wait for a call back (Jeapordy Music playing in background)..
We have had this software for over a 16 months, upfront they wanted our money and contract signed ASAP!

Now Ican see why they need to get you under contract in order to stay in business, once there .. YOUR TRAPPED..
If any one at AppFolio is payin attention !

Feel free to contact me directly www.brgohio.com I'm sure you have the number.. Hopefully..

Next stop Facebook and then onto Twitter, Instagram and well.. Anything else I can hit today until I get a call back !

Signed very unhappy customer if you care !

Pros

Intially their handoff and onboarding seemed seemless.. All flowed OK through Web Design and initial onboarding..

Cons

I'd give them NO STARS If I COULD...
It wasn't until we started to use software and my staff needed support to inpliment and use the software day to day .. They all became frustrated when it would take days to get a call back to address their issues and move forward.. So, learning curve was slow.. Tech support doesnt schedule a call back.. They simply call you when THEY're ready.. Like staff just sits and waits for their call !

Response from AppFolio

Hi Jim, thank you for reaching out to us. We are sorry to hear that you are disappointed and we will do what we can to help remedy this issue. We're glad were able to help Katie yesterday and regret that the same level of service was not delivered in your experience today. A manager will be reaching out again today to discuss what we can do for you moving forward.

Replied 27/02/2020

Reviewed on 07/06/2017

Outstanding software, but customer service could be better

Overall, I am extremely pleased with the software platform and I have not regretted switching to AppFolio from our previous property management software platform. Making the switch to AppFolio was a very beneficial business decision, from a number of perspectives.

Pros

AppFolio is very intuitive and the learning curve for basic functionality and navigation within the software is relatively short. The "help" section is generally very informative. From a property management, unit-based accounting perspective, the software is very robust and offers tremendous bang for the buck. Using the software platform streamlines work flow and provides increased efficiency within the office.
The Tenant and Owner Portals are hugely beneficial for all parties. Paying rent (Tenants) or sending funds for maintenance & repairs (Owners) is simple and quick.
The ability to submit online maintenance requests through the Tenant portal is also a positive feature of the software. Work orders can be generated directly from the maintenance request and they can be easily tracked to completion.
The text & email capabilities within the software are also positive features. Having the ability to review email/text history without having to search through an external email program is terrific.

Cons

The Tenant Move Out & Security Deposit Disbursement process is one of few features that I don't care for. Processing security deposit claims where a portion of the SD is forfeited to the owner, a portion of the SD is forfeited to the management company and a portion of the SD is refunded to the Tenant is not a smooth or intuitive process. Security deposit funds cannot be retained within the escrow account until funds can be legally disbursed - they are automatically transferred from the SD escrow/trust account to the management/property account. This places an additional burden on accounting staff to ensure that funds are not inadvertently released/disbursed before statutory time frames allow.
It would be helpful if the state specific SD disbursement protocol could be customized by the end user.

Response from AppFolio

Dear David, thanks for sharing your feedback with us! We are happy that AppFolio has been a beneficial change for your business! We have made significant changes to the move-out process and next up we'll enhance the move-out accounting flow. When our product team begins researching the needs for the move-out/security deposit accounting flows we will have a Product Manager reach out to you directly to learn about your use of this feature!

Replied 20/06/2016
Stacey

Reviewed on 29/03/2021

Newer user, Pleasant surprises, and managing challenges.

Our implementation team was great. We tested one building in the system (paid for it, not free) so that we had a real idea of what using it would be like. That gave part of our team a positive advantage. It is very easy to use although the language takes some getting use to and often at times -- people are up in arms about changes. If you can handle that, this software will be a great success.

Pros

It can be very user friendly if you invest the time to take advantage of what the system offers. It offers A LOT. When one thing doesn't work the way you want it to, it doesn't mean the system is bad. It is actually REALLY GOOD. It helps us encompass a lot of different platforms into one which was the main reason we chose it. We were pleasantly surprised how much we like using the software.

Cons

In our market, there are several items or tasks we need to perform or things we need to track that are often overlooked by property management software. Appfolio does know how to handle one task that is critical but it is not fully functional. When we choose the software, we thought because it was marketed as something that handled "NYC DHCR" leases but that's is misleading. As we were going live, we found out that it has limitations which resulted in us not being able to fully utilize in the way we thought we would. Once you discover things like this, it is quite difficult to get a total solution that is easy or quick available for use. This creates a real challenge and means we have to work around it but we want to be hopeful that we can help them continue to make advancements to fully handle the NYC market. In the meantime, we are stuck with challenges.

Reasons for Choosing AppFolio Property Manager

The product we were using was a dinosaur and it did not fully integrate with other platforms that we used.

Reasons for Switching to AppFolio Property Manager

The user experience and ease of navigation.
Terri

Reviewed on 01/11/2017

Accounting using AppFolio for 7 years

I am not a computer geek, but have had a little computer programming training in the past. As I read the different users complaining about things or how they think their issues should be addressed in the upgrades to the system sooner than other issues, I wish I could open their eyes to finding creative ways to make things work for them till the next improvement arrives. AppFolio is a very elaborate program and there are multiple ways to accomplish almost every task needed in the property management field. AppFolio's development staff has a very complicated job to make this program work perfectly for all their users coming from all different kinds of backgrounds and from what I have seen over the past 7 years, they are doing an amazing job (and it appears they have a lot of fun in the process).

Pros

The support staff is amazing. Responses are within 12 to 24 hrs and solutions are found or suggestions for the future improvements. Over the past 7 years I have watched with admiration as this program has blossomed, filling the needs of multiple users in detailed ways. I use AppFolio in two different accounting venues, one with a large property management company servicing over 1600 home rentals, the other with one owner handling his 325 apartment units. This program provides excellent adaptable reports for both aspects of a property management company and for one owner with multiple apartment complexes in all phases of financial accounting, rental reports and maintenance. AppFolio encourages all discussions between all users and the staff of AppFolio resulting in ongoing improvements and additional options within the program. To be quite honest, since my specialty is the accounting department, there are many parts of AppFolio that I have not had the privilege of really working with, but those that I have come across look to be as detailed and helpful as the accounting processes. The Help & Training section within the program is also evolving and very detailed in explaining how things work.

Cons

If I had to find something I didn't like it would be the constant change that requires me to think and be constantly attentive to the processes in the program. It seems that almost every week there is a subtle or large change that rocks me for a moment. It is frustrating at times to stop and relearn a process. But then to my amazement I am once again loving this program even more and all that it does to make my job easier. You can't use this program out of habit. It is always evolving for the better.

Todd

Reviewed on 05/03/2018

Wall Street Greed and Arrogance Abound at Appfolio

Run don't walk from this software. Read the reviews on other sites to get 'the rest of the story'!

Pros

The UI is simple and easy for new staff members to learn. The features are 'simple' and provide entry level functionality to get tasks done.

Cons

Since signing up with Appfolio in 2010, they've lost their consumer focus - and replaced it with what can best be described as 'Wall Street Arrogance':
- selling 'value add' services to our clients without our prior consent
- adding a maintenance call center that is a joke and an embarrassment
- their suppressed fees feature is a nightmare to use, requiring hours of extra labor to ensure it works
- coming out with simple versions of software 'improvements' that don't compare or compete with online alternatives

That last point is why I am actively searching to leave Appfolio.

Instead of letting me connect Appfolio to Docusign, they develop their own lousy lease writer which noone likes or uses.

Instead of letting me connect Appfolio to TenantTurner or other showing softwares, they insist on making us wait for their 'simple' (less powerful) version to come out.

Instead of letting me connect my Appfolio to SalesForce or Hubspot or Infusionsoft, they say 'who needs a CRM anyways'? Mind you they use Salesforce to grow Appfolio... but we can manually add new clients versus importing them from our CRM

Instead of letting me connect my Appfolio to Podio or Asana or another workflow management software, they say 'use paper checklists, or maintain a dual database' if you want to get your work done with the latest cutting edge software tech. Folks - THIS MATTERS, and means you will spend TONS of extra hours doing labor that could easily be automated otherwise.

Instead of letting me connect my Appfolio to Survey Monkey, they make us use a dual data base, and miss the chance to survey our clients. Appfolio surveys us all the time, but apparently we don't deserve to use an integrated survey feature.

Instead of letting me connect my Appfolio to PropertyMeld, they want me to use their Model 'T' version of a workorder system. So I went with PropertyMeld, and deactivated the Appfolio maintenance portal so I could replace it with PropertyMeld's portal. We now run far more efficiently - no thanks to Appfolio.

I recently used a competing call center to answer our maintenance lines, and received a 'cease and desist' style letter from Appfolio?! They said that 'for the safety of my data', I was to no longer use any 3rd party services!? I shook the tree long and hard and they retracted that statement. A thinly veiled attempt to shut down a competitor. Shameful actually.

When Appfolio went public, I told my Stock Broker 'you should buy it, cuz I know it will go up'. Their share price tripled over the past two years, but I refused to buy their stock. Why? I HATE that Wall Street Greed and Arrogance has entered our industry, and refuse to support them.

An open source API solves all of the above 'connection' issues, and is what's best for the customer. But Appfolio will not release their API. So folks, before considering moving forward with Appfolio, remember that the folks who play God with your data will decide WHAT improvements to bestow upon us at THEIR leisure. They'll decide what products to sell to our clients WITHOUT our knowledge or consent.

I'll leave you with a closing thought - why would Appfolio decide to shut down live support while their share values triple? One would think that escalating share values means they could afford to give us excellent live support... apparently the shareholder is now more important than the customer at Appfolio.

Response from AppFolio

Hi Todd, thank you for providing this feedback. We are sorry for your poor experience with AppFolio. We work to provide an all in one solution to meet needs across your business and we created an online leasing flow that allows for the automation of your move-in processes and the ability to e-sign a lease. We also launched the ability to survey your tenants directly from AppFolio and we welcome your feedback regarding other features that you believe could be improved. We would be happy to disable the ability for tenant's to purchase renters insurance through their portals and to clarify, we launched this as a feature offering to help property managers mitigate risk. In regards to our customer support, our Customer Success team's first priority is your success, and they work hard to help improve each situation. Our team has also created an online Help Center that can provide step-by-step assistance in time of need, it is a great place to start when you have a question. We take your experience seriously and hope that we are able to provide you with excellent service moving forward!

Replied 09/03/2018