About Forma LMS

Forma LMS is an open-source learning management system designed to help businesses provide corporate training to employees based on company needs and processes. Key features include online courses, video conferencing, certificatio...

4.7

Browse Forma LMS Reviews

Kelly
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 03/08/2022

Unprecedented,tremendously brilliant and iconic Learning Management System.

Forma LMS is very beneficial as it helps go manage and deliver online training courses in real-time.

Pros

I like the how this tool provides corporate online trainings to employees.It's simple to create advanced custom reports with Forma LMS.It's a reliable tool for video conferencing.It's simple to organize online courses with Forma LMS.It's also a reliable tool for carrying out quizzes and assesments.

Cons

Forma LMS is fully-featured and functional thus helping to achieve all our objectives and I have nothing to complain so far.

Shazia
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 20/07/2022

The only LMS providing unlimited customizability and smooth integration with awe-inspiring...

We tried various LMS solutions before but Forma LMS was the best match for our institution as it was the most customizable and intuitive solution for providing training. We first used it for educational purposes for educating my students during the COVID era. However, we felt that this software has a big scope for employee training so we started to use it to provide induction training to new employees and weekly training to existing employees.

Pros

The most favourable feature of this platform is its enhanced user interface through which we can navigate and find all the features easily. There is no learning curve when the product is first installed. Forma provides various features like organising users, providing certificates on completion of courses, organizing courses and taking tests and assessments. It is a great tool with a wide variety of integration options and plugins. A mobile app is also available so you can learn on the go!

Cons

There's nothing much that I dislike about this software. However, the user interface for learners could be improved by using modern elements.

TalentLMS

Reasons for Switching to Forma LMS

Due to its additional features and integrations.

Reviewed on 10/02/2022

Stable and reliable LMS platform with an improvable UX

We chose this platform to address the request of our cliente who wanted a low price LMS platform.
After 3+ years of using with 2000+ users, we can say that the choice has not been so wise.
The user support we had to set up and the difficult maintenance of the platform made the costs grow significantly.

Pros

The platform is stable and reliable. It has advanced features and can be integrated with other services.

Cons

The platform is not easy to use and it doesn't have an overall pleasant user experience.
Menus and functionalities are difficult to find and use for users and for the administrators.

Moodle, Docebo and TalentLMS

Lower price

Response from FormaLms

Hello,

thanks for your review, although I think it's a bit unfair. Forma is used by thousands of users and one of the main reasons is that it's much easier to use than Moodle, for example.

Also it's unclear to me what kind of user support you need, we have several installations with thousands of users and barely any support request.

If you think we can help you in any way, let us know.
Max

Replied 15/02/2022

Top Forma LMS Alternatives

Reviewed on 09/06/2022

Best tool to set up an LMS in a short time

I really liked using Forma LMS. It is very simple to use, and is efficient in its features of providing courses and a platform for users to learn. Courses can be tracked easily, and the learning path progress information makes sure you continue learning. Overall, a very pleasant software that does what it promises, at a good price!

Pros

It is pretty easy to set up on your website. It integrates very well with third-party apps and doesn't have too many initial setup hassle like some other LMS. Learning on the platform is also simple. It keeps track of your progress and lets you complete goals efficiently. The UI looks nice, better than other software like Moodle. Also, it is open-source and gets updates frequently if we report any problem.

Cons

The exam/test modules are a bit difficult to navigate. Even the entire dashboard has poor UX due to navigation issues. Getting support can be time-consuming since the development team seems to be quite small.

Priyanshu

Reviewed on 04/07/2022

Ultimate Training management via Forma LMS..

Overall Forma LMS is highly aesthetic & scalable for corporates & key requirement for current corporate world..
IMO if Company focused on slight modifications then mass adoption definitely on the way in near future....

Pros

Well Forma LMS played a vital role in building my Working profile & Durability via its aesthetic tools & builtups for corporate training sessions..
Multi layer training sessions, well designed & structured setup , high skilled Teams & collaborations & big community behind are one of the key note of Forma LMS...

Cons

Well overall workflow & content focus for P2P & corporates is totally stable in Forma LMS but slight hindrance in mass adoption & scalability is only due to slight mid to high subscription services which need to be focused on..

Cindy

Reviewed on 09/07/2022

Effective Learning Platform.

Forma LMS overall learning experience and services quality is very effective and productive content management solution.

Pros

Forma LMS has simple features and easy to navigate across the entire dashboard and effective solution for perfect learning content creation and functional reporting features.
Project data management and the collaboration through Forma LMS is excellent and data analytics provided are valuable.

Cons

No issues from Forma LMS functionalities and the training when getting started was very easy.

Valarie

Reviewed on 24/06/2022

Intuitive Learning Platform and Easy to Use.

Forma LMS provide unique learning experience and the capabilities are more productive and the coordination for the teams is excellent.

Pros

Forma LMS content creation and the learning content management capabilities are quite reliable and the collaboration through Forma LMS is the best.

Forma LMS reporting tools are stable and file sharing ability and the content integration is amazing and the easy on getting valuable data insights across other learning systems through Forma LMS is incredible.

Cons

Dislike on Forma LMS there was nothing since even the deployment was easy and smooth through the help from Forma LMS technical team.

Bernado
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Reviewed on 28/06/2022

My Thoughts on Forma LMS Usage

In-house course training in our organization and management of learning materials.

Pros

It was simple to implement this solution without third-party service providers intervention.
Managing classroom courses, locations and calendars.

Cons

Were it not for the effectiveness in ticket response from vendor success team I would be having tons of issues.

• Industry: Internet
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 16/07/2022

Strong learning platform, easy to set up, with potential on UX improvement

Pros

- We were mostly looking for a content hub where we can store and manage all training content for new colleagues and colleagues with development plans. Forma does a great job here.
- Getting PDF certificates adds a nice incentive for our employees to improve their skills.
- Forma integrates well with other software/apps we are using in the HR space.

Cons

- The mobile experience could be improved, both for admin and especially users.
- Tests could be more pleasant to take UX-wise, I have seen stronger solutions on that side.

Chamilo and Teachlr Organizations
Naveed

Reviewed on 20/06/2022

Best learning management tool Ever

I used it for my online courses the best tool ever I use I have a great experience with this tool.

Pros

It is very easy to setup on mobile devices. The UI is very easy to understand for every user. The assignments features are very great and helpful

Cons

The exam module are little bit difficult to find need to improve this section otherwise It is great learning tool .

Ridwan
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 10/04/2021

A great, professional looking, open source, option perfect for establishing a no cost LMS

Forma LMS helped me to launch a low cost, professional looking and easy to use LMS. My audience loved it too as they can dive right in without crossing a complex learning path.

Pros

I was trying out different LMS solutions in the market. I tried several paid options which are mostly out of my league just to get the taste of the current innovations in LMS. Then I came back to the real world and started test riding all the open source options. My 1st test was with Moodle as it was the go to option recommended by most websites. I didn't like Moodle's interface. It has a ton of options but doesn't have the looks of a corporate LMS where it is very inviting and easy for users to jump instantly inside a course. So, I went for the second best, "Forma LMS".
Forma amazed me because I could set it up instantly in my website. Uploading courses are also a breeze. Yes I face some hiccups as I didn't know it works well with PHP version 7.0 and lower but the basic functions were working fine. I was able to test run my LMS within hours of deployment. If you are geek like me you know how does it feel when everything works the first time. If you have softiculous support with your hosting provider then it is more convenient. You will have a working LMS within 15 minutes if you have the contents ready.
So, all the poor people who wants to role out his own easy to use and pro looking LMS, Go for Forma LMS.

Cons

Certification Module is very irritating. You have trial so many times to get your working certificate template. And it is broken if you use any PHP version later than 7.0.
Another thing is the exam module. No doubt its very powerful. But powerful doesn't mean the UI have to look complex.

Reasons for Switching to Forma LMS

Because its easy to setup and professional looking and you won't have to sell your kidney just to start your LMS journey.

Response from FormaLms

Hi Ridwan, thanks for your excellent review.
Version 3 will be out in a few weeks, with added support for php 7.4

I will report your comments on the certificates and on the exam module to the UX team.

Replied 15/09/2021

Reviewed on 25/02/2021

Forma LMS great way to start your online learning tools

Generally, I like it as my students don't have any problem using it and navigating it.

Pros

there is no initial cost associate with it, where if you want to use WP or any platform you need to spend more than $200/year. I like the straight forward course creation and adding a registration page and be able to create courses and share materials between the students

Cons

the difficult process for me was to figure out how to create a course and how they gonna look like for the end-user. I strongly believe Forma LMS needs to create a course to teach how to use the software. Also some of the options you need to integrate with, it would be great if it comes with it.

LearnDash and TalentLMS

Reasons for Choosing Forma LMS

It was slow and not expandable. some of the students had speed and loading problems.

WordPress

Cost in long term

Response from FormaLms

Hi, thank you for your reviews.

Please look into our documentation website: it's full of resources on how to create courses.

Max

Replied 01/03/2021
Nihat

Reviewed on 17/10/2019

Why Forma LMS we use and trust

The Helty and Safety Environment (HSE) trainning sector in Turkey, people who want to be expert on HSE must attend the courses and 90 hours of these courses had been taken on a LMS. But the LMS must meet the requirements of Ministry of Labor. So we customise the software for these requirements in 2012 and till today over 4000 experts attended these courses and use forma lms.

Pros

We have used the forma LMS since 2012 for training the tech. people to prepare the exam of HSE experts in Turkey. It is very easy for using as attendies/students. And to manage and customising is not difficult.
You can get support on the forum "elearningcommunity.net" very quickly. And there are so many published/shared fixed problems on the forum.
so it did not let us down till today.

Cons

On the previous version the template was not supported via mobile . but now on the new version this problem is solved.

Response from FormaLms

Hi Nihat,
Thank you for your very nice review!

Replied 12/02/2021
BHAVIK

Reviewed on 22/03/2021

A Powerful LMS solution for Organisations of any size.

My overall experience with Forma Lms has been really satisfactory. It is a great solution for learning management and provides a lot of flexibility which enables different sections of an organisation to use and implement it.

Pros

The thing I like the most about Forma Lms is the ease it provides in creating, maintaining, managing and sharing learning objects. The reporting and Gradebook feature is also very useful. Integrated skill management also helps in tracking and enables enhanced learning.

Cons

The thing I like the least about Forma Lms is the UI part, which can be improved. Also, the onboarding experience can be improved and a manual could be provided.

Response from FormaLms

Hi Bhavik,
thanks for your review!
We're about to release version 3.0 with some major improvements on the UI. Namely, a dashboard page and a refactoring of the LO views for learners and for admins.

Concerning the manual, there is actually more than one. Please go to docs.formalms.org and you'll find reference guides and tutorials.

Replied 10/04/2021
Marilena
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 17/07/2018

We use Forma Lms for several years, the experience is very satisfactory.

I was able to develop the online training business in my company, with great satisfaction!

Pros

Forma Lms is simple, intuitive and designed for the corporate world so much more practical and intuitive to use than other open source LMS designed for the academic world. The new responsive version responds to a need that we have been waiting for a long time. Now we hope that developers continue to optimize the project more and more by following the suggestions of users who use the LMS daily

Cons

More things I like about those I do not like about Forma Lms. The exchange of ideas with the team of developers in the forum is very active and above all reactive so even things that do not work now are always resolved within a reasonable time.

Response from FormaLms

Thank you Marilena, your review makes us very proud of our product!
The best part of the review is that thanks to Forma you could develop your business, that's one of the core reasons behind our project: the idea that if many people benefit from it, we'll benefit too.

We will always do our best to improve Forma every day: stay tuned, important news are coming fast!

Replied 18/07/2018
Kristen

Reviewed on 23/07/2019

FORMA LMS

Pros

The ability to customize the LMS - the login page; tabs and buttons; reports, etc. This enables us to be able to create a unique training experience for each of our customers based on their needs and requirements.

Cons

It would be nice to have some more automatic email notification options in the system.

Reasons for Choosing Forma LMS

We needed an LMS that could support multiple languages.

Response from FormaLms

Hi Kristen,
thank you for your review!

We already do have plugins to add more automatic notifications to the system. Moreover, in the next major release we'll also add more notification options to the LMS.

Replied 29/07/2019
Graeme
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 17/08/2017

Simply the best opensource platform out there.

I manage all of my multiple clients training requirements through this platform

Pros

Simple set up
Easy to manage as super admin
Quick
API's
Sell courses through paypal
Groups
The list is endless!

Cons

Currently the UI on mobile is non responsive, this is being addressed in the soon to be released update. Integrating with other platforms is not as easy as other LMS I have used though that's not to say it can be achieved it just may be beyond my skill set.

Response from FormaLms

Thank you Mr Clarke for this excellent review.
We'll keep pushing to release the responsive Forma 2.0 as soon as possible, it will also include many new features.

(update): in the meanwhile
- we have version 2.0 available
- we published API, so integration has become easier

Replied 19/07/2018
Vito

Reviewed on 17/02/2022

The best managed Open Source Ever

Pros

User Experience, Support, Administration, Scorm compliance

Cons

Maybe the curve of learning the administration functionalities

Response from FormaLms

Wow, thank you very much Vito for this wonderful review.
We'll to our best to soften the learning curve for the administration functionalities,

Thanks again!

Replied 22/02/2022
Mario

Reviewed on 03/03/2022

Excellent lms to manage courses

I have been using Forma LMS for many years and I find it much simpler and more intuitive than the various competitors. It is reliable in reporting and easy in installation and configuration

Pros

it is very intuitive and precise in reporting thanks to SCORM compatibility. Excellent support from large user base

Cons

Integration with videoconferencing systems is limited as is the interface for selling courses

LearnDash, Articulate 360 and Docebo

Response from FormaLms

Hi Mario,
thanks for your review!
We've added many more integrations for videoconferencing systems, and we also have a couple of integrations for ecommerce. You might want to check them out!

Replied 08/03/2022
Abhishek

Reviewed on 18/04/2022

A fabulous LMS tool

We can easily say that this is one more f the best lms tool available in the current market in this price range. Moreover this is a great platform for open-source learning for all types of businesses. Our students are having a good experience with the tool and we haven't heard any complaints regarding the tool till now.

Pros

We have a lot of things we like about the product. Being one of the most reliable tool we are using now, everyone can work on it from administrator to a normal user. Getting started with this tool was quite easy as it comes with a super clean interface so that we didn't get confuse in anything. Beside these features, their customer support team is excellent, they are always up for help.

Cons

We have a nice overall experience with the tool, but the pricing is little expensive, could be little low. Integration with other tools become difficult in certain platforms but rest of the things are good to go.

Response from FormaLms

Wow, Abhishek, thanks a lot for your flattering review!

Replied 21/04/2022

Reviewed on 10/02/2022

Nice product and not complex.

Overall is a good experience if you don't expect too much.

Pros

Is very easy to use and the there is a lot of documentation.

Cons

Some features was missing when i was using this lms, but i see that is a lot improved from my last check.

Reasons for Switching to Forma LMS

At the time was the best solution for us.
Antony

Reviewed on 18/07/2018

Excellent e-learning platform. All you need is here!

Pros

I love the flexibility of this product. Ideal for every division and company, easy to maintain, intuitive and quick to set up. The interface is modern and attractive, very user friendly system from admin to learner

Cons

User manual.
No built-in Authoring. Is not really a problem for me because i prefer creating high quality courses using external authoring tool.

Response from FormaLms

we're proud of your feedback!

We'll do our best to improve our customer support to reach the 5 stars and to include more tutorials and the user manual, as you suggest.

Built-in authoring tools: you already have the creation of tests, glossaries, polls, linkographies, html pages and other types of LO's.

We also have a plugin to upload videos and treat them like scorm objects, with the same type of tracking.

Replied 19/07/2018
Sebastiano Edoardo

Reviewed on 08/04/2022

I love this software

Pros

Intuitiveness is the key to this huge piece of software. I never stop discovering its features, it seems endless!

Cons

It slows down sometimes, but I can understand it, it's a software that offers a lot of options.

Response from FormaLms

Thank you for your excellent review. If Forma slows down, it might have more to do with your server having insufficient resources. I would recommend upgrading it.

Replied 14/04/2022

Reviewed on 16/02/2022

Best LMS I’ve tried

Pros

FormaLMS has a power user management system, has multi template feature and can attach different template to different domain.

Cons

it would be interesting to receive more software updates

Response from FormaLms

Well, wow! Thank you for your review and for your comments.
We will try to accelerate the deployment of new releases.

Replied 17/02/2022
Alessandro

Reviewed on 25/02/2022

A good way to learn

A lot of fixes

Pros

I think the gradebook system and courses management interface

Cons

It is not a performing system (in 2022) as the code is poorly written and has many years with numerous developers

Response from FormaLms

Thank you Alessandro for your review.

Replied 01/03/2022