RetailEdge Reviews

About RetailEdge

RetailEdge is an on-premise, retail POS solution designed for small and midsize businesses. It offers mobile POS, multi-location support, website integration, credit card processing and gift card management functionalities within...

Browse RetailEdge Reviews

Reviewed on 22/10/2017

Started RetailEdge in 2013 . Quickly proved to be faster, easier & 1/5 the cost of POS used...

Saves money, makes money, saves time analyzing and ordering products.

Pros

Pre-made Reports export to excel with 1 click. The customer loyalty program alone is worth the price of the program. The stand alone laptop workstations let me work anywhere. The support is personable, quick and detailed.

Cons

Some of the reports I use the most require extra steps to create. There is a nice feature which gives you extra "custom" database fields for inventory and customers - but you cannot change the generic labels - which makes it hard to keep consistent across multiple users.

Donna

Reviewed on 30/07/2020

Reliable, full featured and affordable POS

I can perform all of my inventory management processes and sales from anywhere. Even when I travel to Trade shows across the country, I am never impacted by internet issues.

Pros

This is a full featured POS and inventory management application that can run with or without an internet connection. All of this at a very reasonable initial investment price.

Cons

It does not integrated with my website database, Magento.

QuickBooks Desktop

Reasons for Choosing RetailEdge

Quickbooks release a new version several years back that was extremely buggy. While I struggled for 3 months attempting to resolve the issues, it was negatively impacting my ability to do business. Customer support was terrible.

Reasons for Switching to RetailEdge

It was 25% of the cost of most other full featured POS applications and included all of the functionality i needed. Because it is a small company that has been around for awhile, customer support is easy to work with - you can talk to the same support rep throughout the process of completing an issue.

Response from High Meadow Business Solutions

Hi Donna, thank you for the kind words! We do have an integration with Magento through a third party called Modern Retail. Feel free to give us a call or email if you'd like to learn more!

Replied 13/10/2020
Melissa

Reviewed on 02/11/2017

Mostly good, with a few major frustrations.

Ease of checking out customers and keeping track of inventory.

Pros

Pretty simple and explanatory interface. Not difficult to teach new hires how to use. Tech support is usually pretty speedy and efficient.

Cons

Every time there's an update with the software or with Windows 10, we have to call tech support because something becomes incompatible or switched off. Also unhappy that we started out being able to use our POS as a touch screen, and when Windows 10 became the operating system, it was no longer able to operate as touch screen, tacking on time to our checkout speed.

Some of the report functions are a bit tedious to use.

Many customers unhappy that we can't tell them how far along in the loyalty program they are without us doing some major research; wish it was just automatically tracked in their account.

Top RetailEdge Alternatives

Nicole
  • Industry: Sports

Reviewed on 27/03/2024

GREAT Customer Support

Pros

Retail Edge offers a plethora of reporting options, making it a versatile tool for my business. Its user-friendly interface makes navigation seamless, enhancing overall usability.

Cons

At the moment, I can't think of any drawbacks to Retail Edge.

Response from High Meadow Business Solutions

Hi Nicole, thank you for the feedback! We are happy to hear of your positive experience of the program and look forward to continue serving your POS and inventory management needs. -Kiana

Replied 12/04/2024
Kim

Reviewed on 23/03/2023

Old Dog, New Tricks

Overall, BEST purchase I have made in the last 2 years. I sleep better at night knowing my POS is working, updated and backed up!

Pros

The pos was fairly easy to learn and upload inventory and customers from old POS system. Support team was a tremendous help with uploading information

Cons

Not enough training included in purchase price.

Reasons for Choosing RetailEdge

the company was out of business and didn't offer support or updates any longer

Reasons for Switching to RetailEdge

I wanted to OWN my information! Retail edge allows me to do that!
Marilyn

Reviewed on 15/03/2022

The great service I received from [SENSITIVE CONTENT]

Pros

keeping track of inventory, faster sales

Cons

Hard to figure out making reports, easy to change prices

Response from High Meadow Business Solutions

Marilyn,
Thank you for your review! If you don't like that it is easy to change prices, you can set up security in RetailEdge that only allows clerks with certain security levels access to actions like changing prices. Check out our video tutorials on that here: https://bit.ly/364WZum
And if you ever need help with reports, don't hesitate to call or email us!

Replied 12/04/2022

Reviewed on 13/06/2023

Good software for retail sales

Pros

what I like most is the possibility of doing a free trial so that you're not forced to use a tool that doesn't suit you.

Cons

I find this software a bit complicated to use although it works well, I would have liked something very simple.

Square Point of Sale

Tessitura

Response from High Meadow Business Solutions

Hi there,
Thank you for the review! We do understand RetailEdge has a bit of a learning curve. Like most softwares, it takes some time to get used to a new work flow. That is why we give all new customers one hour of free training to use to their areas of interest in the program. We thank you for your feedback and look forward to continuing to serve your business' needs.

Replied 15/06/2023
Dian

Reviewed on 14/01/2024

Small Nonprofit Religious shop

I have used a version of Retail Edge for more than 10 years. As far as a retail programs this has been far easier to use than other programs I have used in Retail stores have worked in over the years. I have been working in retail over 50 years.

Pros

Tracking customer and retail sales. I like creating input for new inventory and then printing tags for the merchandise.

Cons

Creating reports for departments and vendors vs cost and inventory.
The recent upgrade of Retail Edge is based on Microsoft and the sales screen font is much smaller which is a handicap when the store is busy and having to do things quickly. Shouldn't be challenging to make sales. It would be nice if font size was adjustable throughout.

Response from High Meadow Business Solutions

Hi Dian, thank you for the review. There is a new feature in RetailEdge where it allows you to adjust the font size. Just go to Tools > Settings > Workstations, Modify. Click the Misc tab and adjust the font size to your liking! Please let us know if you have any other feedback or comments. -Kayla

Replied 16/01/2024
Melinda

Reviewed on 28/12/2023

Your suppport - with [sensitive content hidden] - was exceptional!

Very positive experience - both in leaving messages and receiving call backs.

Pros

Today, we wanted to fix a number of problems that have existed and had no time to troubleshoot. With the help of a friend who is in IT - [sensitive content hidden] helped us to figure out that our second computer was hanging (not printing receipts) because of a hardware interrupt - caused by discontinuing the cash drawer. For 3 years this problem existed; it took the diligence and knowledge that [sensitive content hidden] possessed to fix this problem.

Cons

There is nothing for s to put in this catagory.

Lorraine

Reviewed on 18/10/2023

RetailEdge is the POS to use

Using RetailEdge to keep track of sales, inventory, and run needed reports. Very positive experience.

Pros

It is easy to add products and / or make changes to existing products. You can run many types of reports to get whatever information you might need at any given time. Tech support is the BEST! (Thanks, Raymond!!!)

Cons

So far the biggest issue is adjusting to the newer look when updates hapen - last one moved the product tabs to the side from the top.

Response from High Meadow Business Solutions

Hi Lorraine,
Thank you for the kind words and positive feedback regarding your experience with RetailEdge!

Replied 19/10/2023
Zak
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 30/10/2017

User friendly software that takes only a few days to learn. Awesome tech support! :-)

Made my product inventory easy to handle. Does not need much computer knowledge to operate. Easy to capture customer's information and use the data to develop promotions and obtain more return customers to our crystal showroom. Lots of functions for data backup and security to prevent unauthorized entry to sensitive data ( about inventory, customer info, sales and account info etc..)

Pros

I have been using RetailEdge POS since 2014. Glad to say that I'm very satisfied with this software. It's very easy to learn if one can commit just 1 to 2 hours for one week when newly bought. The functions provided are certainly worth more than the price tag of this software (I'm not kidding).
The function buttons and menu items are easy to navigate and after a few tries, it becomes natural to navigate. When compared to other competing POS software which may look more colorful and user friendly at first, they sell functions which are already included with RetailEdge as add-ons. A good example would be RetailEdge's gift card function, membership function, cupon function and many more. With the other software, you will end up paying for each add-ons and the final cost of owning that software can be quite costly.
I have been persuaded by many firms that want me to switch over to their POS software but when asked if they can give a software that has the same or more built in functions as that of RetailEdge AND at the same cost of RetailEdge, I never seem to get a reply from them...haha.
Any software is as good only if the tech support provided is reliable and prompt and the folks at RetailEdge have not failed me once. The tech support cost is again affordable when compared to other POS software. Oh, before I forget, the constant software update provided is simply awesome. You can be assured that you're in safe hands for the long term when you purchase RetailEdge POS.

Cons

Not much actually. I just hope that the gift card and membership (points system) functions can be expanded more in RetailEdge POS. These are the only functions I personally feel that has not caught up with other competing POS software. There have been many updates and improvements in RetailEdge pos EXCEPT for gift card and points system functions. If these can be made competitive with other software in the POS market, I'll be happy as lark.
Maybe as I write this review, the good folks at RetailEdge are already coding new functions and updates for the above 2 functions....finger crossed.

Elio

Reviewed on 15/10/2019

Former QBs user

Very pleasant

Pros

Multi location. Recon. Brendon barcode reader

Cons

I think it could have more options for credit cards processing

QuickBooks Desktop

Response from High Meadow Business Solutions

Hi Elio, we are so glad you like RetailEdge! And we completely agree about having more choices for integrated credit card processing. That's why we recently added a new partner processor, CardConnect. They have a flat rate of 2.5% and $0.05 per transaction. email us if you'd like more info! -Kayla

Replied 01/11/2019
Vicki
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 15/10/2019

Grocery Store POS

Disastrous initial training session - I had done my due diligence in selecting this software and got the "out of the box" training not at all customized to my existing knowledge, specific questions, or rapid turnover of perishable products.

I was advised to not select Gold Level customer support when calling for tech support, even though I pay for it monthly.

The software is solid and predictable, have had no issues with it working as designed. Tech support is friendly and helpful.

Pros

Simple to set up; intuitive design for Inventory Management.
Ability to track 100% of items.
Plenty of Customer Manager features.

Cons

Full, robust reports are difficult to access. Downloaded standard reports are pdfs or garbage csv that require cleaning up to utilize.
Functionality for labels is limited, especially for character counts and font size, a huge disappointment.
Adjustments to Sales Screen QuickList are cumbersome - a definite disadvantage to grocery seasonal stock rotations. It takes 8 clicks just to get to the search window to update/add/delete a QuickList item.

Response from High Meadow Business Solutions

Hi Vicki, thanks so much for the feedback! We are very sorry to hear your initial training session was anything less than ideal. There might be some confusion with regards to our phone-based technical support, so someone will be contacting you shortly to clear that up and to address your other issues as well. We'd love to hear your suggestions on how to better the program. Thanks again! -Kayla

Replied 05/11/2019
Vanessa

Reviewed on 30/07/2018

Best Value and Excellent Service

Pros

Simple yet powerful. Great support. Online forum is excellent for getting questions answered or to learn a new skill. Fantastic reports and even more functions I have yet to try out. I love how there isn't a huge monthly monetary commitment and that the software does exactly what I need it to do. You really can't go wrong. It was the best decision I made. The gentleman who runs Rings n Things recommended it and I am so glad I went with his recommendation. It is scary to put all your inventory onto one system. I started with a small store and now we are filled to the brim. I am very confident with the software and am looking forward to doing more with it when I can find the time to play with it. I am happy to talk to anyone who has any questions.

Cons

My online store and inventory are not directly connected. The printers can be a pain but that is more of a printer issue not a software issue. Also things are wonky with only one USB on most new computers. Again, the printers don't want to play nice all the time.

Eric

Reviewed on 14/02/2022

Retail Edge for Everyday POS

We have been using RetailEdge since 1995 as our primary POS system. The program has been rock solid (which is why we're still using it) and customer support has never let us down. So the program has it's hiccups, again we find the work a round which makes it worth it since we can't afford to have any 'down time' on our POS or simply put... cash register with customer tracking, inventory management, and daily sales reporting.

Pros

Customer Tracking, Inventory Management, Report Generation and Shopify (E-Commerce) Integration are all super important in our daily use of RetailEdge.

Cons

Some features are a little cumbersome, but there is usually a work around ie... Assigning multiple vendors to an SKU, Apply a multi tier discount structure to a group of items, ie... sell 1 sticker for $3.5, 2 stickers for $3, 4 stickers for $10. Unfortunately program is not able to do this.
Have a feature for service work where customer's items can be tracked like skis in for a tune or bikes in for tune-ups.

Reviewed on 18/05/2022

RetailEdge is awesome

I would recommend RetailEdge to any store that is getting started because it is affordable and the IT team is able to speak in terms that is understandable.

Pros

I have used RetailEdge for 4 years now and I love having the gold level which is very inexpensive. I know I can call them and get any question answered usually within an hour.

Cons

I wish there was a training manual that I could download with the basics for my employees for returns, exchanges, gift cards, entering inventory, etc.

Response from High Meadow Business Solutions

Hello Paul, thank you for your review! There is an online training manual for all things RetailEdge. just go to www.retailedge.com/help. We also have a YouTube series with basic training video tutorials. Thanks again!

Replied 19/05/2022
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 11/07/2018

Very easy to use and straight forward. Does everything I need for my store and more.

an well made-smooth checkout for my customers and employees.

Pros

Easy to use and easy to teach new employees. Adding inventory is fast as well as grabbing reports.

Cons

Wish there was a Buy 1 Get 1 Feature for the discount. Feel like the customer information retention gets deleted after so long.

Response from High Meadow Business Solutions

David, Thanks for your review! We're so glad you like the ease of use and our comprehensive reporting features.

We do have a Buy X for Y and get Z off feature! please click <a href="http://retailedge.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=3420">Here</a> to go to our forums for a step-by-step tutorial on how to set it up. Give us a call if you have any questions!

Regarding your customer information, nothing should be getting deleted since your data is local to your own computer. If you are concerned you're losing data please give Tech Support a call.

<a href="http://retailedge.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=3420">Here</a>

Text

Replied 20/07/2018
Joshua

Reviewed on 14/11/2016

Easy to use and easy to set up.

I was looking for a Point of Sale Software to run my sporting goods store and the reason I chose RetailEdge was because they were the only system that I found where I could just buy it outright and not get hit with all sorts of subscription fees. The other reason I chose them was because the data was mine and it was not sitting up on someone's cloud having who knows what analyze it and mining my information. The support team is knowledgable and has ben able to help me through the small issues that all seem to be related to Windows Updates messing up printers. All in all its a good program at a good price.

Pros

Easy to use tools and my data belongs to me. I don't have to be connected to access my data. I can work in an offline mode and then synch up later.
The other big thing was credit card processing and I had a choice when it came to this unlike other companies where they only give you one option.

Gena

Reviewed on 29/07/2018

Has a lot of features and is a very good value for the money

Great inventory control and helps me to decide how/what/how many to reorder.

Pros

Most tasks can be done on the keyboard. Using a mouse slows me down on completing a transaction and we don't have touch screens, so being able to use the keyboard and hot kets, etc, is SO helpful! I've used this program for about 15 years and it's a great product at a great value. Their service is good and you get to "know" the people at the company, even though they are based on the other side of the country from me.

Cons

When looking at inventory, have to go to several different tabs to see 1) quantity in stock, 2) price that they last sold at and how many, etc. And quantity in stock is no longer a column that you can see at a glance on the inventory screen.

Nicole

Reviewed on 18/07/2018

We have been using RE for a long time. It is perfect for a small retail business.

Pros

It is easy to use and is awesome for managing inventory. The reporting functionality is very helpful for ordering and deciding what inventory should be discontinued or reordered. Great program for multiple locations as it is easy to see what inventory each store has so you can satisfy a customer right away with knowing we can transfer the item right away.

Cons

Two things: I would like to see the loyalty dollar part of the program a little more user friendly. Most loyalty programs accumulate in real time vs. having to batch. The other thing is having to select a payment method for gift cards before scanning the card. It would be easier if you scanned the card before the payment screen.

Connie

Reviewed on 07/03/2023

Retail Edge User

I have used Retail Edge for more than 17 years. It has served us well. I would recommend RetailEdge.

Pros

It is user friendly. It is easy enough for all my staff to use.

Cons

When an update is required, I need to call on IT to help me because I don't have admin rights. I understand the need for this. It just requires me to call on help and not be able to do it myself. Not a complaint, just a reality.

Response from High Meadow Business Solutions

Hi Connie,
While we understand that must be frustrating, we want to clarify that Admin rights have nothing to do with RetailEdge, as that is a security feature by Windows itself set up by your IT. Unfortunately we cannot do anything about that. Thank you so much for the kind words from such a long-standing customer.

Replied 09/03/2023
Peter
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 23/03/2023

Easy to use and learn and very Affordable

Tracking sales, Inventory and customer traffic was a key factor to us purchasing Retailedge. Ease of reporting was surprising easy

Pros

Easy to learn and use sales. Screens are easy to read and follow. Customer base is very useful

Cons

PO and ordering can be a bit confusing. I do not order very much purchased product only 1 time a month if that

Veronika
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 01/12/2017

Retail Edge is so easy to set up and use, and if I ever have a problem, the reps are super...

I can track my stock, issue Gift Certificates...thinking about it, we have 2 locations and we don't utilize a way to be able to track gift certificate sales over both registers. It would be nice to be able to accept our other location's GCs without having to go in and adjust the sales later. I don't know if that can be done or not.

Pros

I like the interface between Retail Edge and my credit card system. I don't have to enter the amount twice, which prevents errors in charge amounts.

Cons

When an old record is deleted, sometimes you can't re-use the stock number or it warns of a duplicate entry. If I deleted it, it shouldn't be there at all!

Matt

Reviewed on 15/08/2023

Service Call

It does the Job

Pros

All works well with the support assistance.

Cons

My staff does not know how to use the available capacity of the product.

Response from High Meadow Business Solutions

Hi Matt,
It sounds like your staff would benefit from our training services. Feel free to reach out to the support team and we can schedule a training session to help alleviate some pain points for your staff.

Replied 13/10/2023
Vanessa

Reviewed on 11/02/2019

Best Value and Customer Service

Great. Excellent customer service and a great well priced product. I don't know what else you could ask for. I liked paying upfront and having minimal monthly fees. Most other companies have little to no up front costs but then their monthly fees are ridiculous. I plan on being in business a long time so this made the most sense to me. Maybe if you aren't sure if you'll be around in 5 years this wouldn't be for you but otherwise you will be saving a TON of money.

Pros

No monthly fees. Powerful yet simple.

Cons

Didn't work with the shopping cart on Weebly. Not able to have Loyalty dollars instantly apply.