About Suralink

Suralink is an audit management solution, which helps accounting firms streamline processes related to Provided by Client (PBC) lists, document transfer, progress tracking, approvals and more. Professionals can create custom...

Browse Suralink Reviews

Michael Y.

Best PBC Request/File Share Site I Have Used

Exceptional. I've used a few different PBC request/file share sites and none of them have come close

Pros

Very simple to use, the client view is just like the audit team view so I can walk them through the site, easy to upload, has almost every feature we were looking for, and they are constantly upgrading based on my feedback

Cons

No setup to send automatic status updates to clients throughout an engagement. Must remember to send them manually

Katy P.

Great for Audits!

Sometimes the clients are slow in adapting, and still try to email documents. I continually nudge them to use Suralink, and it's working well.

Pros

It allows both the clients and the audit team to track the status of the engagement. You can make comments, upload files, and watch as your audit goes from 100% outstanding to 100% complete!

Cons

That I cannot delete comments on the engagement once the area is fulfilled.

Shawn B.

Reviewed on 20/02/2020

Suralink

I like the software. It does what it is designed to do and I have not experience any functionality issues. It's great for audit.

Pros

Suralink is a great way for clients to see an organized needs list of items needed for an audit. It tracks if items have been loaded. It allows you to mark items complete so that know what is open and what is closed. Finally it gives a timeline and history of activity. It is a huge improvement over trying to sort through emails to determine if something was received and what items on the needs list were still outstanding.

Cons

There is a learning curve with some client. Some, more traditional clients, still prefer to just use email and then you are using two different organization systems and it reduced the effectiveness of Suralink. That's not the problem of the software but rather people's unwillingness to change. The software Sometime I like to load to use the software to view files rather than move them to a folder and tracks every time you open it. It should track the first time it is opened, and then stop. the other history is not of much value.

Jared B.

Reviewed on 07/02/2020

Suralink is great for auditors and clients

It's a great tool to set preliminary expectations with the client, and get them providing documentation early for an engagement. You can respond to support with questions and get back client responses.

Pros

Suralink is a great way to share an active list of requests. Clients always have access to what items are outstanding to perform the audit, and it's also a centralized storage space for the entire audit team to access. It's simple to create and respond to requests.

Cons

Only one engagement list can be open at a time, meaning you have to close out of one if you want to review another. Additionally, it's difficult to order your requests - when you create a new one, it automatically receives an assignment number, and it may not be numbered consistently with other, similar requests.

Jordan G.

Suralink Review

Very Good. I accidentally deleted a whole binder once and had to call support. They understood the issue was time sensitive and were able to restore it quicker than usual.

Pros

The fact that it is user friendly. The drag and drop function is great. It is very easy to communicate with the client. I like the layout of the requests, and the ability to expand/collapse as necessary

Cons

I wish you didnt have to extract documents after you download more than one. However I do like that you can drag documents into your folder to save them and avoid extracting, its just time consuming either way if there are many requests

Bruce B.

Reviewed on 21/02/2020

Suralink is Almost Perfect

I really helps customers understand what is required of them durring an assessment.

Pros

Task assignments, project organization, file transfer, evidence repository

Cons

Not an option for N/A (Not Applicable) for a Request State. You can select "fulfilled", "Returned", and "Accepted" but it would be very helpful to be able to see the N/A items. We created a template for our customers but not all items are applicable to all customers.

I can only select "remember this computer for 30 days" on one system at a time for multi-factor authentication. I use my laptop on site and my desktop at home and I would like to be able to have both systems remembered.

Mayra C.

Suralink

Pros

I liked the easy interface and it is very user friendly. I am able to delegate certain tasks to others as well as restricting viewing options for sensitive data. Visually, this software shows how far along a client has fulfilled requests and one can gain a sense of the client's readiness. Also, this software tracks all activity (client and firm) which is extremely useful.

Cons

It can be a bit confusing on how to upload/delete files when you're first learning the software. Also, because its cloud-based, if there are any internet issues, you cannot access the account but that is typically a minor issue.

Amy B.

Reviewed on 07/02/2020

Pros

It is very user friendly. It has helped tremendously with becoming more efficient with our audit engagements. The entire audit team has access to all of the requests so we are not constantly bugging the client for the same items. Also I love the time/date stamps on everything because it has helped us with our hard meetings when clients are frustrated on timing. MAny times we refer back to when we requested items vs when they delivered.

Cons

I really have no cons to the software. It has really been a great tool for us.

Reviewed on 01/08/2018

A stream-lined and intuitive file share software

Pros

I use this as a public accountant to satisfy our various requests from clients. It is very easy to use, create needs lists, pull support, edit requests, and track the status of items. I have also heard from many clients that it was very intuitive and easy to use.

Cons

I haven't experienced any large issues while using the software. If I am preparing or rolling forward a new needs list, it only gives me the option to establish one new "due date" for all requests, when in reality, there are many different due dates. Not a large issue; just more of a mild inconvenience.

Eric G.

Great Software for Audits

Having a centralized location for all the many files we look at as part of an audit has been a life-saver on many engagements.

Pros

Sending and receiving files is a quick and secure process. Adding new users is simple.

Cons

The firm-provided files are not always easy for new users to find. Small issues with the format have been the only less-than-positive experiences I have had. A priority system would be nice.

Jamissa Y.

Suralink Review

Pros

What I like most about this software is the ability to roll forward PY engagements. I also like how we can set engagements as inactive until it's ready for the client users to use and also that it tracks the activity on which user downloaded, etc.

Cons

What I like least about the software is the import process. I've always had issues when importing.

Izabela P.

Easy to Use - Effective & Efficient

Pros

Super easy to use, no glitches. Makes it easy to track when and what a client has submitted. Really great for clients who like to reference prior year files when submitting current year files. A+

Cons

Nothing worth noting. Maybe at some point it would be nice to have the ability to upload files right to our audit software.

Carly E.

Suralink review

We use suralink for creating requests for audit clients. The clients then provide the documents and reports we requested via suralink.

Pros

The ease of sharing documents and requests between our team and the client

Cons

I get a lot of log in errors when I try to log int. I have to wait several minutes to try and log in again and it works eventually,

Danielle T.

Suralink review

Pros

It can send reminders to the clients for outstanding items, and it appears to be a system generated email and not sent from us :)

Can easily track what the client provided timely or not

Cons

Can get very cluttered if there are LOTS of requests and alot of back and forth including messages between clients.

Andrew H.

Better then email

Pros

Provides a platform that everyone on the team can have a central location to request and download support. The worst this is when you ask the client for something that your co worker already has on their computer

Cons

You have to save files to your computer to upload to the site

Alex W.

No ccomplaints

Pros

I like how user friendly it is and how easy it is for clients to figure out. I can invite client users and they're usually able to figure it out pretty easily.

Cons

I wish it wouldn't time me out after a few minutes of inactivity.

Christine T.

Great Tool

Pros

Suralink is easy to use and easy to communicate with clients regarding requests and comments.

Cons

Some users find it difficult to navigate as when additional requests are added the numbering can be off from the presentation.

Tracy M.

Great Document Management Software for Audits

Pros

This software is very user friendly and allows teams to track documents easily.

Cons

There are added features that would be beneficial when auditing multiple funds under the same client that are not yet available.

Aaron J.

Overall good experience

Pros

Accountability on both my team's side and the client's side.

Cons

Sometimes confusing user interface (i.e. colors of buttons, placement, execution of certain options).

Hugo L.

Reviewed on 07/02/2020

Good for sharing confidential documents

Pros

It ease of access and the ability to share and check off documents received.

Cons

This software is great but I wish that clients had a way to add their own staff.

Eric G.

Love the tool.

Pros

Very easy to use and navigate. It has really changed how we executed our engagements

Cons

Customer support has gotten slower over the past few years

Aniket G.

Reviewed on 10/02/2020

Customer friendly user interface

Pros

The user interface of the software is very customer friendly. Also, we can always obtain a real-time status update about the data received and data sent. And it provides information as to the date and time when the data was uploaded/downloaded, thus everyone being accountable for their job.

Cons

The data confidentiality should be maintained within a particular request. For eg. For payroll, if a request has been assigned to a particular person, only that person should be able to download/veiw the data. The problem we face is, all persons who have been assigned any task in one particular engagement can view/access or the data for all requests within a particular engagement. Thus confidentiality of the data is compromised and as an alternative we have to use email as an option to obtain data, which we don't want.

Philip J.

Reviewed on 25/02/2020

Suralink in the Audit Industy.

Pros

Organization is key in the Audit field and having Suralink to track outstanding items plays a crucial role in all of our audits.

Cons

When the client does not use it. Some clients complain it is too difficult. However, if we walk them through how to use it they really start to enjoy it.

Jacob S.

Great Software

Pros

I love how it keeps the audit support I receive from my clients organized and secure. My clients love how they can export everything they provided us so they can better prepare for future engagements.

Cons

No significant cons in my book. I really like this product.

Gunner H.

Reviewed on 17/02/2020

Suralink is a game changer

Pros

I like that the software holds everyone accountable. I know when things are uploaded and downloaded allowing the transfer of information to go very smoothly.

Cons

There are no cons to using this software. This software improves client communication and transparency.