Instagram Reviews

About Instagram

Instagram is a social media application that enables businesses to manage content, create and edit posts and monitor customer engagement. It lets users share photos and videos, comment on other users’ posts, send private messages...

4.1

Browse Instagram Reviews

4,821 of 4,821 reviews
Miranda Estefanía
Miranda Estefanía
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 19/06/2021

I can't believe it's free!!

I really like Instagram, it's one of my favorite social media. I love how easy is to find places to go, information about different topics, even educate yourself since there are many educational accounts out there. i love how anyone can share their passions, a lot of people are amazing at painting and they get to share their creations with their followers, some others dance, others may write... it's a plataform full of different things and that's what make it special

Pros

I like how you can capture your best moment with or without filter. You can make boomerangs, take videos and photos and also go live if there's something you want to share with anyone who follows you. Also, I like how you can connect with people all around the world; you can see different locations, discover places and even go and search of certain words in Hashtags and see not only pictures but accounts that helps you to learn more about any topic you want. I can't get enough of Instagram

Cons

Maybe that you can't send stickers like in WhatsApp, but you can send gifs and other type of stickers so it isn't that bad

Hamza

Reviewed on 20/03/2024

Instagram Review

it's a great tool to connect with friends and family

Pros

I like that I can connect with my friends and keep in touch, and I like the new reels content.

Cons

I think content moderation is very strict and biased.

Meg
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Instagram app

Pros

There aren't any pros for this one. It's awful.

Cons

Slow, intrusive, messy, disordered... Exactly what you expect from a Meta product.

Top Instagram Alternatives

janiffer
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 13/12/2023

the best bussiness social media app

instagram is a beautiful amazing social app, it is fast, and the app is flawless. I have met a lot of interesting people through Instagram and a lot of customers. it has given a boost to my business too.

Pros

As a business owner, Instagram has made my business grow, it has made it easy to connect with people around the world. the Instagram store feature makes it easy to sell anything you wish. but above all, you get to see what your competitors are doing and posting. for any business owner out there, just join Instagram and see your business grow magically.

Cons

nothing much, its just a great social media platform that gives businesses a boost.

Twitter/X

Reasons for Switching to Instagram

Instagram has the best features for a business, you can grow a client base, it has a beautiful display where you can upload all your pictures, and it also makes it easy to upload videos for your business. it is just the best app out there for any business owner.
lyka angelic
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Instagram is the best

My overall experience using this app is great. I always use it every day because it's easier to use and also to see all the posts from influencer pages that I follow.

Pros

What I like here on Instagram is that the new feed is very relevant, and you can also use this platform if you want to earn money. The communication you can filter depends on your preference.

Cons

I'm not sure there is a reason yet for me to dislike this platform.

Lonwabo

Reviewed on 25/03/2024

Why is Instagram important?.

Ever since using it, i have had the greatest experience i love the platform beside some few hiccups i have had other its wonderful.

Pros

Instagram is one of the best META social media platforms where you are able to socialise with thousands of like minded people with same interests and goal. It's even the best platform to market your business and row it to greater heights.

Cons

It's a bit expensive to advertise your business when you are an upcoming entrepreneur. Their customer service is not very fast one of my accounts was hacked its difficult for them to help me recover it.

Christina
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Instagram for communications

Great! I love Instagram. Would love if there was an easier way to connect with people for support.

Pros

It’s where my audience is and it’s so easy to engage with them and reach them on this platform.

Cons

It has more glitches than I would like. For instance how I can’t login to sub accounts right now and I can’t remove additional accounts from my login list.

Mirelli
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 15/03/2024

For me Instagram is the best social network

Pros

I like it because it has everything, recipes, news and because it knows what you are looking for the most and already shows you what is probably of interest to you

Cons

I don't really like Reels, I find it complicated to mess with, and it doesn't have many editing options

Lindsey Raye
Lindsey Raye
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 19/02/2024

Instagram works great during events

Pros

As my position as VP of Marketing for a 20 years online based company who needed som updates- this was such a great to interact with your audience while also guiding more brand recognition

Cons

Some of the adds or boosted posts were get rejected for no good reason

Helena
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 19/02/2024

On Social Network

Since I started using Instagram I got the expected results within my proposal.

Pros

I like the functionality of the application and the visibility it provides to the user.

Cons

There is nothing against it, since the user has the freedom to use Instagram in the best way.

anas

Reviewed on 27/10/2020

A comprehensive review of the Instagram application

A great experience, I use Instagram every day
Most of my time on my phone is I spend on Instagram
This exceeds the 7-hour barrier of daily use
I hope that the developers of the Instagram application prefer this way and do not tend to obstruct the design, as happened with Snapchat previously, because I was one of the active users of Snapchat in the past, but with the update in which the design of the application changed significantly, I am no longer the best so I moved to Instagram and it was a great experience to the cheek now with Instagram

Pros

Instagram has many features, so in general it is an integrated application for me. I use it almost the entire time I open my phone
But the features I like most of it
All my friends and acquaintances use the application, so I can communicate with almost everyone from one platform and this is a very beautiful thing
And the advantage of sending a picture that the other party can see only once, and then it cannot open the image, and the most beautiful of this is that if he takes a screenshot of the image, an alert appears to me.

Cons

I think if I had an alert feature added, if someone took a screenshot of the conversation it would be better for my experience
What is bad is that users are not allowed to send a video in the chat that lasts more than a minute. If it reaches 3 minutes, this will be better from my point of view.

• Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 25/03/2021

Instagram Review

Instagram is the place I go to in all moods, when I am tired, happy, sad. It helps all my moods. I enjoy everything about this app, and the Instagram lives give me joy.

Pros

I love Instagram. Instagram is the first place I go when I wake up in the mornings. It’s entertaining and has a way to keep me captivated for hours. I am able to post my favorite moments or memories on my personal page, in the form of a post or an Instagram story. I love the fact that I am able to post my Instagram story, so that only my close friends are able to see it. I love the features that are available to be when recreating a story; the filters, the different photo colour edits, etc. I could go on and on about this app.... I am able to direct message my friends, and if it’s a private topic being discussed I am given the option of using disappearing messages which is just perfect. I believe Instagram should be used by all, and if you are not already using this app, then you are truly missing out. You are also able to go live on your page and talk to your audience, and even watch other people’s lives. If your don’t want everybody to have access to your personal page, you are given the option of making your page private. You are also able to create an Instagram business page.

Cons

I honestly have no problems with this app, I believe everyone should experience this app atleast once. It’s entertaining and you able to follow pages that best spikes your interest. I would recommend this app to all!

Abbas
Abbas
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 24/05/2021

Instagram.. Its fun to share your moments with family and friends.

I use Instagram almost everyday for quite a bit of my free time. Its good to have a platform desicated to Picture and short video sharing, usually with small captions. Also what I love the most about it is the fact that you don't get too much political posts here like other social media platforms.

Pros

Instagram is a good space to connect with your friends and share your photos and short videos with them or see what they've uploaded. You can also share long videos on Its IGTV features. It also give you the ability to go live with friends or share stories with them that disappear after 24 hours of upload. It has a huge user base and you get a lot of celebrities and influencers here to follow and get to know what happening in thier life, if you are interested. Its editing tools are great and you can edit your pictures according to your need to make them look more good. Also unlike Fb or Twitter, you won't find a lot of political and dissenting debates on Instagram which is a big relief. Along with personal use, you can also effectively use Instagram to promote your business or services due to its mass user base.

Cons

It shows a lot of ads. Also sometimes you get so indulged in scrolling down that you lose track of time and end up spending more time on it.

Avery
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 09/11/2021

One of the best Social Network programs for community and business

It has impacted my brand and business as well. I have been able to reach out to more people because of the exposure that Instagram creates for me. Varying from my music to my events that I am putting together, it makes sense to heavily market your product through this platform. My exposure by word of mouth would have not been as great without Instagram

Pros

Instagram gets to the point. For people who are looking to expand their business and grow their brand, Instagram is a great way to do that. It has always been a great addition to Facebook, but with the introduction of Instagram LIVE, being able to upload longer videos, creating Instagram Story posts, and making Instagram Reels, it strategically reaches in the quickness of how life works, and gives you the exposure you need to grow.

Cons

I think sharing the longer videos to automatically play on your story needs to be updated. Some videos would heavily benefit from it.

Other than that, there isn't much to hate about this app.

Lena
  • Industry: Veterinary

Reviewed on 18/01/2022

Instagram for Small Business Networking

Instagram is great for small businesses. I originally thought Instagram was for sharing personal content, but once I realized that you can market your business on there, I joined immediately. It is so easy to post content to share with your desired audience. I don’t have to worry about spending money to advertise to people that are not in my area or demographic. It is easy to track my ads, my post interactions, and my conversion rates through the analytics. The cost for ads and promotions is relatively cheap compared to other social media platforms and gives a lot of customization to give the best suited options for my business. I highly recommend Instagram, it has really helped me connect with my customers and grow my business.

Pros

I like that I am able to share my media and create ads and promotions that are special specifically for my business.

Cons

I don’t have a lot of dislikes, but the financials could be better.

Google Analytics 360 and Meta for Business

Reasons for Choosing Instagram

The features were better, there are more users, and the pricing is competitive.

Meta for Business

Price and ease of use
Evelyn
Evelyn

Reviewed on 17/05/2022

Not as good as it should be having such a big users community.

Instagram is both good and bad at the same time. It does provide a channel to deploy information and advertisement, but it does no offer clear rules to do it. The new argued "inclusive" guidelines of their working algorithm foster or not the distribution of your publications, then, many of your followers will or won't see what you have to show.

Pros

Does have a lot of active users worldwide.
It allows integrating with platforms like Facebook.
The app is fairly simple to use

Cons

Does not have defined game rules
The algorithm shows your content or hides you despite your follower's amount but their interest.
The customer service is a shame, it is almost no existent.

Pinterest, LinkedIn for Business and Meta for Business

Reasons for Choosing Instagram

The users' community is broader than those other platforms, and it does provide on a paper a bigger audience for any publication made.

Pinterest

Reasons for Switching to Instagram

Instagram used to be a platform to portray instant fast-paced content, then it offered a better chance to deploy publications to a broader audience.
Amar
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 24/01/2021

Review for Instagram

Quite Satisfied

Pros

1. First of all it is one of the most popular social media platforms very easy to use and to create an
account. Instagram is a huge social media community of networks, Marketers, and creatives.

2. You can create your account for the purpose of socializing and sharing your own pics and other things
and grow your social media base by having thousands of people following you and you following them
back.

3. On Instagram you can share pics and videos related to your products and share them with thousands of people who are also looking and searching for similar products to buy or to sell. It is very to create
content for your products and promote them with different offers to attract potential buyers.

4. Instagram is the main source for celebrities to connect with people of the nation and to promote their movies, events, series, shows, and so on. They connect with their fans on Instagram, fans can visit their profile and even can comment on their movies and other shows.

5. Instagram has tools that make succeeding easy like the Optimization tool which tells you when to optimize and is free to use when to post an app. There are tools that allow you to preschedule your post and you don't always have to be at your computer to post.

6. People from different fields can like Authors, Marketers, Bloggers, Companies, and so on can run a poll about their products to have the people's ideas and to make changes and improvements to enhance customers' experience.

Cons

It is only about the algorithm which is making it less famous. there is no proof that people who follow you in a loop will continue to follow you due to the algorithm. Instagram is mostly used and followed by the millennials and they get bored very soon. If you want to keep them intact you have to provide new and Interesting features and content to keep them engaged.

There is a limit that one can follow only 7500 people if they want to follow new people they have to unfollow some which is a disterbing thing.

Memory
Memory
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 16/04/2021

Fun for personal use and a great marketing tool for business

I have found Instagram to be a good source for discovering new businesses that I’m Interested in. When I follow a business page, Instagram suggests similar pages you might want to follow. So, if used correctly, Instagram could be a great resource for reaching new customers/clients and growing your email list.

Pros

We use Instagram to post social media graphics and utilize the Instagram Shop feature. I linked our Instagram store to our Facebook and Instagram accounts and first imported our products to Facebook to set up a shop on that page.

Note: Since Instagram is now owned by Facebook, you can easily link your Instagram account to your Facebook business page and automatically post to both accounts with the click of a button. It’s a great way to increase your visibility to potential customers with less effort.

Going back to the Facebook and Instagram shops... It took some time to customize the Facebook shop, set up product categories, and request Facebook to re-review denied products that I felt should not have been denied. But because our Facebook and Instagram accounts are linked, I was able to automatically import the Facebook shop into Instagram, creating a shop there as well, with the click of a button. That was super easy! (They only bad thing was the categories I set up didn’t transfer to Instagram.)

Another note: Much of the work I put into setting up the shops was done through Shopify - I only had to go into Facebook itself to customize the shop’s appearance and set the categories. I’m not sure how the process works if you are setting up shops directly within Facebook/Instagram.

Cons

My biggest complaint about Instagram is that they don’t let you add links to your posts. You can add a description to the pictures/videos you post, and you can add a URL in the post, but the URL is not clickable. So people viewing your post would have to copy the link, open a new browser tab, and paste the URL there to open the web page. Most people are not going to take the effort to do that.

You can add one link in your Instagram account - to the profile section. So you could potentially switch out that link to send people to a different landing page when promoting a different product or service, inform followers in your new posts about what you are promoting, and instruct them to click the link in the profile. But it makes the whole process much more difficult and annoying.

Kriti
Kriti
  • Industry: Photography

Reviewed on 03/08/2021

A content creator's app!

Like many, Instagram is my favorite social media app - it's full of aesthetics, it helps me connect, network, showcase my work and whenever I'm taking a break from my office work, I open Instagram. It's my number one source of news, and it also provides me with a platform to voice my opinions. So to say, for me, Instagram is an all-in-one app that I use for entertainment, information, and even education!

Pros

Instagram may have started as a mere photo-sharing app but it has now become a content creator's home. I'm a freelance photographer and I use Instagram as my photography portfolio.

It helps me connect with fellow photographers, build community with them, and simply appreciate our shared love for photography with each other. It's a great social networking app that a lot of us use for leisure but now our purposes have moved much beyond that. Features like reels, IGTV, stories, guides and so much more provide creators like me with endless possibilities of showcasing our work in many formats. The use of hashtags makes it even more interesting!

Cons

Since it is primarily a social media app that most of us use for leisure, Instagram can be really addicting. Sometimes you open your phone to do some important work but end up scrolling Instagram instead. If you can control your addiction with the app, you can put it to great use! Moreover, their customer support isn't satisfactory at all. I haven't received the reels feature on my account even though it's been months since Instagram launched it. I have written to them countless times about it, yet there has been no response or certifications. There is no email id or phone number provided by them, and the only way of reaching out to them, i.e., 'help' section of your account, doesn't work either.

Yassine
Yassine

Reviewed on 06/09/2021

Share your moment and grow your business on Instagram

I've been using Instagram for a long time and prefer it to other social media networks due to its simplicity and absence of long text updates. Instagram has been great for connecting with new consumers and marketing my brand. New ways to share material include the Explore page, search boxes, and hashtags. Using Linkedin/Facebook was one thing, but I couldn't overcome corporate difficulties until I adopted BizzBook. I My societal norms have been adjusted, whether for commercial or personal motives. If you have other tasks to complete, you can create multiple logins and switch between them as needed.
You can also create a store under your profile.

Pros

The best feature is Instagram's UI. It's easy to have too much information on my profile. This platform's amazing organization makes my profile more appealing. I joined Instagram for its design. I can edit my photos before posting them to Instagram using filters and geotags. I may also limit who sees my material by setting privacy controls. I may share photos, movies, and other original content with many others that use the app. My content is also available on other social media sites. I use hashtags to promote my Instagram campaigns and engage my followers. Geotags show a business's location and its surroundings. I can also link my account to Facebook and Twitter. You can use Facebook to notify your friends about your story. Instagram has made visualizing my brand easy. To attract buyers, I publish fantastic images of my stuff.

Cons

Instagram is a photo-sharing network, and as such, only photographs can be shared. Though you may also include videos. Instagram's design is disorganized due to the fact that it is not accessible via the web and must be viewed via a mobile device. Web images are impossible to display correctly in each unique shape. The program is mostly reliant on pictures, and the editing capabilities are relatively limited. There are ways to use images shared by professionals on Instagram without obtaining permission from the copyright holder.

Rap
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 27/10/2021

Instagram is overall a beneficial app though it has some flaws.

Overall Instagram has been beneficial, I've made lots of friends and respectful people. I can communicate quickly with my friends, I can promote my business to my audience and I probably wouldn't have gotten any sales if it wasn't for Instagram. There have been some unpleasant experiences on the app but I don't think they outweigh the good.

Pros

- I like that it's somewhat easy to reach an audience given that you have useful/good content, use tags etc.

- It's easy to communicate with friends and you can have privacy (to a high extent).

-It can be a good way to promote your business too

- It allows me to find a community I belong in and make new friends.

- I appreciate them allowing users to add pronouns

- I like that you don't need 10,000 followers to share links on your story now

- Most of the new features are awesome, though I can't use some yet

- It's nice that you can limit who can message you, you can hide your story and mute people

Cons

- When people are harassing you, (giving you death threats or sharing hateful content for example) and you report it, Instagram basically says it's fine behavior and does nothing about it.

- I wish they had a feature where you could mute or block certain posts with keywords from showing up in your feed like you can on twitter.

- If you make an additional account, Instagram will send some people from your previous account a notification asking if you know the person which is a bit worrisome especially if someone wanted to separate a business profile from their personal.

- They don't always show your posts to your followers, they're more focused on reels right now

Raj
Raj
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Reviewed on 25/07/2022

Not just another social channel!

Instagram has changed the way we socialize. Let us hope it keeps us busy with regular but valuable updates.

Pros

1. Get the latest stories from your family, friends, and acquaintances. Know about their lives when they share their tidbits on the storyboard.
2. You can introduce yourself to the world in exciting ways, including videos, images, music, portfolios, or any other creative way you want.
3. The app shows posts from your social circle and informs you when you are all caught up. Still, you can view older posts to your heart’s content.
4. Follow your friends, companies, and groups and get their piece of life on your devices.
5. You can like, dislike, comment, love or hate what others share.
6. The Reels lets you pour out your natural emotions with creative videos.
7. You can search for your old friends or make new friends from an extensive collection of people who want to socialize.
8. Instagram can also be an effective medium to sell your eCommerce ideas, businesses, or even the brand YOU.
9. It is well integrated with Messenger for quick chats and sharing.
10. You can also go live or join other live friends.

Cons

1. You can only connect to people who approve. So, at times, you may feel lonely.
2. Like other social media, it adds to the fatigue of information overload.
3. It is highly addictive and has the potential to waste your precious hours.
4. The recent takeover by Facebook has diluted its original image.
5. Its platform has some known issues with spurious ads and fraudulent activities.

Amr
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 28/12/2022

I really liked Instagram and it is the best social network

Some specific business problems that companies might be trying to solve with Instagram include:Increasing brand awareness: By regularly posting content on Instagram, businesses can reach a larger audience and get more visibility for their brand.Boosting sales: By using Instagram to promote special offers, discounts, or new products, businesses can encourage their followers to make purchases.Improving customer engagement: By responding to comments and direct messages from customers, businesses can create a more personalized and interactive experience on Instagram, which can help to build customer loyalty and satisfaction.Gathering customer feedback: By asking for comments and reviews on Instagram, businesses can get valuable insights into what their customers like and dislike about their products or services, which can help them to improve and tailor their offerings.Overall, businesses that use Instagram effectively can realize a number of benefits, including

Pros

It is a popular platform with a large user base, which can make it easier to connect with friends and family, discover new accounts to follow, and potentially gain a larger audience for your own content.Instagram has a simple and user-friendly interface, which makes it easy to navigate and use.It offers a wide range of features and tools, including the ability to edit and enhance photos and videos, add filters and effects, and share content in a variety of formats such as photos, videos, and Stories.Instagram has a strong focus on visual content, which can make it a great platform for artists, photographers, and other creatives to showcase their work and engage with their audience.The platform also offers various ways to interact with other users, such as through likes, comments, and direct messages, which can help foster a sense of community and connection.

Cons

It needs to be featured on Instagram. for example:Temporary Comments: Users can comment on posts, but comments are deleted after a few days. This is useful for reducing negative comments and sexual harassment.Control how long links are valid: Users can control how long the links they promote in comments are valid. This can protect users from malicious and deceptive links.Comment cancellation feature: Users can cancel the comments they have made on their posts. This can help users control their content and prevent negative comments on their content.Blocked Comments Feature: Users can block comments from their own posts. This can help users reduce negative comments and sexual harassment

abdellatif
  • Industry: Photography

Reviewed on 06/06/2023

vision fitur

The Explore feature of Instagram provides users with personalized recommendations and content tailored to their interests. It helps users discover new accounts, posts, and trends based on their preferences, engagement, and the accounts they follow. This feature makes it easy for users to explore different content categories and find inspiration.

Pros

Instagram is renowned for its focus on visual content, making it a platform where users can share and discover captivating photos and videos. The emphasis on visual storytelling allows users to express their creativity, showcase their experiences, and engage with content in a visually appealing manner.Instagram fosters a vibrant community where users can connect, interact, and engage with others. Users can follow friends, family, celebrities, influencers, and brands to stay updated on their activities, and they can also participate in conversations through likes, comments, and direct messages. This sense of community and engagement is a key aspect of Instagram's appeal.

Cons

Algorithmic Feed: Some users have expressed frustration with Instagram's algorithmic feed, which determines the order in which posts appear in the feed. Some feel that the algorithm can prioritize popular or sponsored content over recent posts from accounts they follow, resulting in a less chronological and less personalized feed.Privacy and Data Handling: Privacy concerns have been raised regarding Instagram's data handling practices. As a social media platform, Instagram collects user data for various purposes, such as personalizing the feed, displaying targeted ads, and analyzing user behavior. Some users have expressed concerns about the security and privacy of their personal information on the platform.

Akshita

Reviewed on 01/10/2023

A great place for small businesses

My overall experience has been great! Instagram is a need of the hour. Connecting with new people and be able to know what’s going around me has become so fun through Instagram.

Pros

I love Instagram! It has given me a chance to show what my business has through user profiles, great campaign management and its other features such as alerts and notifiCations have helped in increasing my sales. I would definitely recommend all businesses to use Instagram to promote their business. It is great and so easy to use!! For a person like me who doesn’t know much about technology, Instagram is the easiest and simplest platform to use and yet it provides me with so many cool features and opportunities.

Cons

Sometimes there are glitches in Instagram due to which there are issues with posting new products so I have to use stories feature to put new products. Those glitches sometimes affect the sales a lot because people are usually signed up for alerts for posts and not stories and since stories get removed after 24 hours not a lot of people are able to see the products.