Spendesk Reviews

About Spendesk

Spendesk is the all-in-one spend management solution that delivers more control, visibility, and automation to modern finance teams. Combine purchase orders, budgets, approvals, purchasing cards, virtual cards, expense reimburseme...

Browse Spendesk Reviews

• Industry: Computer Hardware

Reviewed on 21/11/2018

Great efficiency tool for small companies

Pros

It greatly improves the purchasing workflow, all the way through to payments and accounting. It decentralises purchasing, while keeping control of the whole process with the decision makers. It's very intuitive to use - I never have to train new employees on Spendesk. The customer support level is the best I've ever seen, and they are constantly adding new features and improving the existing ones.

Cons

It costs money. But compared to the employee time saved by using it, as well as the added value compared to manual processes, it's money very well spent.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Mark for your kind review. We are really happy to free you and your team from the hassle of paying at work!

Replied 28/11/2018
Martin

Reviewed on 04/05/2021

Makes daily expenses tasks super easy

Pros

Spendesk is very easy to use and at an affordable price point. Since it is cloud-based, I can access it from any computer, at home or the office. It is sleek and easy to find what I'm looking.

Cons

Since it is a cloud-based software, it is dependent on a reliable internet connection

Qonto
Ferdinand
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 17/06/2019

Improvements

Paying all over the US when travelling. Helps with keeping track of company expenses.

Pros

Easy to mangae/upload your receipts when you are travelling.

Cons

-Spendesk card doesn't work in many places (Trader Joe's for example)
-With the app you can only take photos from receipts. It would be a great improvement if you could make a photo that recognizes the receipt (adapts the borders automatically) and that converts it to a pdf.

Response from Spendesk

Dear Ferdinand, thank you for your review. The good news is our new mobile app will be launching soon, and includes a new feature to automatically crop receipt photos. Sorry to hear about the issues you had overseas, we've passed your comments on to our product team to investigate further.

Replied 19/06/2019

Top Spendesk Alternatives

• Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 28/12/2022

very good way to manage payments you can believe me

given my very good experience with spendesk I would recommend it

Pros

It allows me to have a better follow-up of my expenses management, it allows me to automate my invoices management by email. Thanks to spendesk I was able to develop my business.

Cons

since I have been using spendesk it has worked well for me. I have not had any complications yet.

Ruben
Ruben

Reviewed on 11/07/2022

Control of budget movements.

Spendesk monitors our department's expenses to avoid unnecessary or lavish spending.
It helps to keep a healthy accounting, pay subscriptions and issue invoices to customers.

Pros

I like being able to issue virtual cards for unforeseen expenses or employee travel, keeping a very detailed record of expenses in case of an audit.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about this platform.

Kristan
Kristan
  • Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 15/02/2019

Life changer!

Loads of international travel and receipt management - worry free

Pros

I was in sales in the earlier part of my career and vowed to never return because I thought the expense reports took way too much of my precious time. thanks to Spendesk - it has literally changed my professional & personal life - bank is happy and I am hassle free - love, love love it!

Cons

literally cannot think of one - so easy to use & instantaneous....My accounting team no longer loathes me!

Response from Spendesk

Thank you so much Kristan for your wonderful review !! We are really happy to make your life so much easier.

Replied 25/02/2019
Katie
Katie

Reviewed on 07/07/2022

Effective cost control.

Spendesk is a platform that has helped us optimize our budgets and control our employees' expenses.
It allows us to run expense reports with the data it collects and design new expense and budget execution guidelines based on those reports.

Pros

It allows me to issue cards when I or any employee in my department needs them.
It allows me to make online payments and generate invoices, receive reimbursements and monitor compliance.

Cons

I have no complaints with this platform.

Reviewed on 10/05/2019

Good review

Very easy to use, I use it almost daily since I work in marketing and am responsible for buying stuff for the office. I love the reminders to upload the receipts. I feel a sense of completion when I've uploaded a receipt.

Pros

Being able to automatically pay for work spendings through spendesk without having to use my own money or wait for my expenses to be refunded by my company.

Cons

Nothing, maybe make it possible to copy the card number.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you for your nice review!

Replied 13/05/2019
Rodolphe
Rodolphe

Reviewed on 11/12/2018

Perfect tool for open company

Use it for 4 years now, so usefull for employees.

Pros

If you work in a company where trust rings the bell for your boss you have use this tool, it's so easy and powerful. Everyone can be autonomous when travelling or need to buy any good need for his job.

Cons

Maybe the UI with soft colors is not easy enough to understand for blind colors people leike me, bigger icon shoud be a good idea

Response from Spendesk

Thank you so much Rodolphe for your kind review!

Replied 12/12/2018
Vlad
Vlad

Reviewed on 25/12/2018

Great help for managing your work receipts

Pros

- expense cards for recurring payments
- OCR to recognise receipts
- configurable approval workflows (with auto-approval if under specified amount)
- VAT support
- mobile app
- visibility on back payments

Cons

- not enough visibility with spending per per category / missing analytics dashboard

Response from Spendesk

Dear Vlad, thank you for your kind review!

Replied 26/12/2018
Rene
  • Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 08/03/2022

SaaS business review

Positive, as said gives me a quick overview. the team with access, can also easy upload expenses and i can approved

Pros

Easy to use, use friendly, gives you quickly overview and control of spending's

Cons

For now not sure, as we are growing and implement new ERP system, so maybe in the future we could have

karim

Reviewed on 22/10/2019

Easy, Painless, Efficient

Pros

- Easy to use
- Intuitive
- Easy to manage user accesses and spending policies, to avoid creating complex procedures
- Easy to upload receipts (email address for automatic matching of invoices, native app for pictures etc.)
- can integrate with accounting

All in all I think spendesk allows us to gain time and control over many administrative tasks, enabling us to focus more on our business.

Cons

- Sometimes the plastic cards fail without any reason at some shops, this is a problem because it blocks us to buy things when we need them the most (ie at the cashier of a shop). But the CS team helps fairly quickly and solves the issue.

Kim

Reviewed on 02/07/2019

Great office management tool

Pros

Ease of use and speed of customer support response and help

Cons

Sometimes the cards take a few minutes to load. Also the log out time is very quick meaning you can't stay logged in to your account throughout the day.

Response from Spendesk

Hello Kim, thank you for your great feedback and nice review!

Replied 11/07/2019
Nicholas
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Reviewed on 10/07/2019

Best Tool for Consolidating Company Spending

Pros

Spendesk has been invaluable in making it easy and straight forward to make company purchases. Setting up purchases is quick and painless, and if managed correctly easy to track all of your spending and invoices.

Cons

Would maybe like an option to create a department card which can be used multiple times but still has the limits and tracking capabilities, but which doesn't fall under the subscription use case.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Nicholas for your nice review on our product! And be sure that we took your feedback concerning department card into account. Have a nice day.

Replied 17/07/2019
Lucille
Lucille

Reviewed on 10/07/2019

Great tool to manage company expenses

Pros

- No need to pay first and expense later, you can directly use Spendesk virtual credit cards!
- No risk to forgot about sending the invoice to the finance team, Spendesk directly sends you a reminder
- You can generate recurring credit cards for recurring expenses

Cons

- Some companies or website don't accept virtual credit cards (but really few of them)

Response from Spendesk

Thank you so much Lucille for your great review. We are so happy to help you better manage all your business spendings :)

Replied 16/07/2019
Clemens

Reviewed on 24/11/2020

Solved our problem with missing receipts

It is a great tool to manage expenses of your colleagues and providing them with budget without missing a receipt.

Pros

-No missing receipts anymore
-Easy management of expenses
-Easy management of subscribtions
-Virtual credit-cards for purchases

Cons

-Seems to have different functionality on app and on the web app which can be confusing in the beginning.

Response from Spendesk

Thanks so much for your review Clemens. We're glad you're catching all those receipts!
- The Spendesk team

Replied 26/11/2020
Holli
  • Used for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 24/06/2019

Instant, quick and easy to use

adhoc I need to use the company card to buy tickets for events etc. Spendesk makes it hassle free

Pros

- The speed of funds being ready to spend on my card after making my request and it being authorised.
- Not being reliant on company card holder being in the office to use the company card

Cons

I haven't experienced any issues with spendesk so far

Response from Spendesk

Thank you so much Holli for your super nice review. We are glad to help you better manage your spending. Have a nice day :)

Replied 01/07/2019
Megan

Reviewed on 14/05/2019

The simplest way to expense!

Great!

Pros

The app on this and the way you can instantly upload the receipts make this so much easier! Better than complicated spreadsheets and weeks of waiting before, Spendesk makes it so easy

Cons

Only con is that my card doesn't have contactless but I understand the new cards do.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you so much Megan for your amazing review. And yes, the contactless card are coming...stay tuned!

Replied 16/05/2019
Joshua
Joshua
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

Forget updloading receipts, just take a pic

Simplicity with a potential to be too good to be true

Pros

As a sales manager, I travel all the time, and a week of tickets can be a real pain to upload on any platform regardless of its friendlyness. What I love about spendesk is that you just got to take a picture of the payment, by the time you receive the printed ticked you usually have received the nofitifcation in your mobile.

The next level would be to just forget the receipts.

Cons

I need a defult for my expenses, as they usually revolve around the same possibilities, so that whenever i had to change anything, i could just modify the default option.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Joshua for your very interesting review. We will take into account your needs to improve your use of Spendesk!

Replied 28/11/2018
Celine

Reviewed on 21/07/2016

My easy Life with Spendesk

With employees of 13 different time zones, manage their needs and expenses were a puzzle..
and 3D Secure, sending SMS to our CEO who wasn't necessarily available to transmit me the codes ... I was pulling hair. Now the life became easy

Pros

automated management, delegation and approval by setting dedicated team.

Cons

Some websites, not much, doesn't accept virtual card

Response from Spendesk

Thank you so much Céline for your time and your review!

Replied 05/12/2018
Sasha
  • Industry: Internet
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 10/03/2022

My experience has been very satisfactory.

Pros

The tool is very easy to use; the drag and drop functionality is very convenient. The alerts to know when to upload an invoice are very helpful.

Cons

Nothing so far; but it is true that I am a basic user (maybe the accounting team would have more feedback to give).

Thiemo
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 03/09/2019

Excellent product that makes a messy, old-fashioned process truly digital and efficient.

Very reliable, solid product.

Pros

Software user interface, easy of use. End-to-end, very well though-trough experience and features.

Cons

Heavy pricepoint for smaller companies like us.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Thiemo for your nice review. All the team wishes you a great day!

Replied 06/09/2019
Rhodri
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Reviewed on 22/10/2019

Great product

I'm spending less time filling in forms for credit card spends, scanning receipts and chasing invoices.

Pros

Ease of use. Easy to keep track of payments and receipts. More secure than using a normal card.

Cons

Can't think of any.

• Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 10/09/2019

Easily to adopt!

Tackling daily expenses with ease!

Pros

The overall speed and straightforwardness of handling on a daily basis expenses as a field commercial.

Cons

The fact that Firefox doesn't handle the software?

sandrine
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 30/01/2024

Contract manager

Pros

there's nothing i don't like, all is ok for me

Cons

the application, it' simply, pratical. all the informations usefull at the same place