Everhour Reviews

About Everhour

Everhour is a cloud-based time tracking and project management solution for teams and small to midsize businesses across various industries such as marketing and advertising, nonprofits, consultancies, and more. Track the time...

Browse Everhour Reviews

Martin
Martin

Reviewed on 10/10/2019

Good software for time tracking

Pros

Easy to understand and use and explain to other colleagues in team, yeat full functionality.

Cons

Sync with other systems (like JIRA) is basic only. Rights for different roles are set up in different way that we would need in our company, but understand that this might vary. Maybe it would make sense to allow admins to set up custom roles?

Jira , My Hours and Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Switching to Everhour

Price/performance, budget trakcing on different levels, different levels of detail in project/section/task and estimates.

Response from Everhour

Thank you for the high grade, Martin! We are working on some improvements to our Jira integration, stay tuned ;)

Reviewed on 28/06/2023

Does what it says it'll do!

Amazing support

Pros

Live, real-time view of time tracking against the budget in Asana

Cons

I would love a cheaper per-person rate for contractors needing basic time-tracking capability. I would love it if the reporting setup was a little easier and template-driven.

Reasons for Choosing Everhour

Because it's junk! Horrible interface and reporting.

WorkflowMax

Reasons for Switching to Everhour

Familiarity with it before switching to WorkflowMax (on the advice of our accountants).

Response from Everhour

Thanks Paul!

Replied 23/08/2023
Ivan

Reviewed on 18/11/2019

Easy to use but huge problem with Asana

I always trust you time tracking, after this latest discover, I'm check back every hour counted till now.
Sorry to say my experience isn't good.

Pros

it's easy to use, this is the main things that convince us to move to this time tracking system for Asana

Cons

I discover after 2 years that your sw don't track under second layer ok sub task for performance issue with Asana API. I did lot of wrong analysis...

Harvest and Wrike

easy to use...

Response from Everhour

Hi Ivan,

This is bad to hear that we might have let you down! We are going to take another approach to improve the total calculation.

Top Everhour Alternatives

Laban

Reviewed on 01/04/2024

Phenomenal tool for effective time management

Everhour has made our time tracking seamless hence empowering our project management.

Pros

I like its robust forecasting capabilities that help us to accurately estimate time and budgets. Thanks to Everhour, we are able to get indepth reporting on our projects which enhance project and time planning.

Cons

The functionalities of its mobile app could be enhanced for effective time tracking.

Response from Everhour

Thanks for the phenomenal review!

Excellent, just excellent

Tracking time and cost to me vs employee. Seeing meeting time costs and ensuring meetings are short. Improved visibility into costs of things I didn't realize takes so long.

Pros

I like the Asana integration. I use the application regularly to keep track of project timelines and estimates. Manage employee times and timesheets and know who's in and who's out. Tried about 4 other apps and this was the exact one I was looking for. Once I found it I stopped looking.

Cons

I sometimes get confused where some of the admin features live. Having the tabs in tabs I can get a bit lost finding what tab contains timesheets or reports.

Time Doctor

Reasons for Choosing Everhour

Manic time wasn't developing. They didn't have good Mac integration, didn't have good admin abilities and couldn't edit other employees times.

Reasons for Switching to Everhour

We tried 3 other software apps before settling on this. After using the other ones Integration was not good, the apps weren't consistent and it was difficult to get what we wanted in reports. Everhour was excellent and gave us exactly what we wanted. We run multiple projects and needed to easily track all of them as well as subsets of projects. This let us do it without complex configuration. It just worked.

Response from Everhour

Hi Daniel, thanks a lot for your feedback. We will think it over how to avoid menus in menus.

Reviewed on 19/11/2019

Everhour Review

Pros

Everhour is very easy to use, as a daily user and admin, I use it every day to track time, and weekly to generate billing reports and invoices. Everhour has been invaluable to accurately tracking and billing my time.

Cons

Only thing missing is a phone app, but the website works well enough on mobile that you don't really need it.

RescueTime and Toggl Track

Reasons for Choosing Everhour

When I switched, the integrations with everhour were better, and the reporting and invoicing were better.

Toggl Track

Reasons for Switching to Everhour

better integrations and better invoicing and billing stories.

Response from Everhour

Hi David, thanks for a great review! do you refer to an Android app?

Roshni

Reviewed on 19/11/2019

Loving Everhour so far

Pros

I use Everhour integrated with JIRA. New updates come through every few days making the product more wholistic in its purpose, seems like they're working through a well-prioritised list of features.
I'm quite excited to see new stuff being rolled out almost each week even though not all of them always apply to me. They respond very quickly to support requests and their help sections are quite informative.

Cons

I didn't have the option to import hours from my old tool into Everhour and had to / still have to do that manually for 10 people for 3 months so we could get all hours from start of the financial year into the system.
There is an option to set Client Budgets however they dont get pulled into the reports (yet) - waiting for this feature to come through soon :)
Would be good t be able to define multiple budget periods.
Eg: "xx" amount for initial implementation for a client from Jan-Feb, and then an on-going "yy" amount from March on wards .
This is currently a manageable issue, but i do need to go in and remember to change budgets etc manually.

Response from Everhour

Hi Roshni, thanks for your thoughts, we will think about them!

Skyler

Reviewed on 27/10/2021

I've Tested the Alternatives: Everhour is the Best Time Tracking Tool for Apps like Asana and...

I've been using Everhour for over a year and things have been great. I've used the major alternatives and Everhour is the most seamless to use with the most features.

Pros

It's seamless integration with Asana. The ability to capture data directly from Asana and track time without having to define a project every time you need to do so is a huge time saver. The ability to also track budget based on whatever ways work best for your business model is fantastic as well (e.g. by cost, hours, billing, etc.).

Cons

A few things I wish were better would be:

• A direct integration with Data Studio.
• The ability to handle expense recording directly within Asana and/or the ability to do bulk expense recording.
• The ability to handle workload management using Asana data.

Response from Everhour

Hi Skyler, thanks for this review! Heads up, we are actively working on your 3rd desire from Cons box!

Replied 01/11/2021
Joel

Reviewed on 24/03/2023

Everhour makes managing our projects and team more effective

Pros

We track our time directly in our project management tool. It makes budgeting easier and more effective, saving us time and keeping our attention in the place where we do all of our work: Asana.

Cons

It would be great if the accounts payable side of Everhour integrated with Xero, i.e., what we owe to contractors. Then it would be a complete package!

Airtable

Reasons for Choosing Everhour

We wanted a budgeting tool. Everhour offers it, and it integrates with how we already work in Asana.

FreshBooks

Reasons for Switching to Everhour

We had to do all kinds of customization to make Airtable work. Everhour had all of the features we were trying to build ourselves. It saved us a huge amount of effort and time, and it is far more effective.

Response from Everhour

Thanks, Xero integration development is kept in mind for sure!

Natálie

Reviewed on 13/02/2024

DYPE review

Pros

I like the integration with asana, because it makes it easy to track each task - better price making; better overview

Cons

I dont like the roles. Due to approvals of timesheet we at the moment have more than 10 admins..Even though I choose option: Admin*, I think it would be easier and more user friendly to add a possibility "timesheet approvals" for "SUPERVISORS". At that moment it would be easier for me to set up (now i need to check what the admin* can or cannot see in Everhour and sometimes I need to make bigget concessions that I would like to.

Response from Everhour

Thanks for the review. Unfortunately, we can't change the user permissions easily.

Greg

Reviewed on 04/08/2023

Everhour has seamless integration

Great time tracker and great integrations. We would recommend it to anyone.

Pros

One of the biggest reasons we chose Everhour was for the two integrations it has with Asana, and with Quickbooks.They are now seamlessly integrated where we can track time in Everhour or in Asana without them feeling disconnected or incongruent. The Asana integration has worked great for our time tracking needs.Our Quickbooks client and project list is our single source of truth. With Everhour it was able to take those lists and integrate them just as we needed it to. When we create invoices through Everhour it does a great job of copying them to Quickbooks.

Cons

Our biggest problem (and truly the only hitch right now) is that we have to manually export all of our invoices from Everhour to Quickbooks. We wish that this could be a simpler and less manually intensive route where we don't need to click through every client and we end up with 50+ tabs that have created the invoices.We wish we had a more dedicated page to send off the Invoices quickly and effortlessly, while still being able to edit the line items and expenses. (Further, why aren't we able to create invoices that only have expenses in them more easily?)

monday.com

Reasons for Choosing Everhour

Everhour has better integrations and a smarter way to track time. Pause/unpause is great!

Response from Everhour

Thanks for the notice, Greg. We will think it further.

Replied 23/08/2023
Loren
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 29/10/2021

Asana Integration is Unparalleled

Pros

We use Asana for project management and Everhour integrates in a way that make it feel like the time tracking is managed completely in asana. It tracks to each task and sub task as we create them in asana — and can track tags, people, estimates, billable vs non-billable, and probably a bunch more things I don't even know. Compared to other time trackers that "integrate" with asana — they simply provide an interface button where you still have to select the task again, vs. everhour where you create the task in asana and click the start button and you're on your way.

Cons

Nothing I'm aware of yet. I guess having more robust invoicing would save me from exporting the invoicing to Xero.

Response from Everhour

Thank you for leaving this review, Loren!

Replied 02/11/2021

Reviewed on 09/06/2018

Great tool to track your working time

Pros

I found this tool really not invasive and very easy to use. You can install the extension for chrome and then it just shows a tiny icon on the bar from where you can open the tool and see your activity and also start or stop tracking a task from there.
If you use asana on your company, then this tool will make time-tracking even easier thanks to its integration with asana.
When you're logged in asana you can start tracking from there already as a "play" icon will show next to every task from where you can start tracking by just clicking on it. The icon will turn into a "stop" icon so that you can stop tracking when you're done, or simply click on the play icon next to another task to start tracking next.
Another major and great feature of the tool is that you can generate reports of your tracking (or your team's tracking) that can be customisable to the very detail, allowing you to filter by multiple variables and time frames.

Cons

The reporting feature is powerful but can be a bit tricky to set up due to the fact that there are multiple options that you can select from.
So, you may need some time playing with them until you obtain exactly what you need.

Response from Everhour

Oh, thanks for your wonderful review!

Replied 11/06/2018
Brenden

Reviewed on 02/09/2021

Fantastic Software!

I have been extremely impressed by Everhour from design, to speed, to support it is all top notch.

Pros

Everhour fits seamlessly into Asana. It is though Asana themselves designed this into their software. It works perfectly!

Cons

I can't think of any features that are missing.

Response from Everhour

Hi Brenden, thanks for this review! We currently integrate with QBO in terms of invoicing, do you want to integrate for payroll?

Replied 08/09/2021

Reviewed on 22/11/2019

It´s not about being good from start. It´s about getting better every day

Helping us to get up every morning and going to bed with the satisfaction of the done duty.

Pros

Un click from my Trello integration.

From Trello I structure my homework. But from EverHour I exaclty know if i´m being eficient, if i´m being "profitable" with my time.

And please don´t think that I mean "money" about being "profitable". No no no!! It´s my time i´m being profitable, my most valuable good.

Cons

I had some issues with the last version. But seems like they read my needs. The report section improved a looot! and the "time" page now is simply beutiful. I like the new "home" page too.

Probably, after a couple of more months I´ll find other issues. I hope the listen by that time as they did before. It´s not about being good from start. It´s about getting better every day

Response from Everhour

Hey Daniel, thank you so much for your feedback! We appreciate your insights and will do all our best to keep on getting better for you every day!

Replied 11/12/2019
Thomas
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 22/06/2018

Usable plugin but with errors

The possibility of tracking time in Asana

Pros

Integrates with Asana using Chrome browser and makes time tracking possible.
With Chrome it's easy to set up. You just add the extension and connect it to Asana through the integration settings.

Cons

Often there are sync problems to Asana so working hours are often lost. It can be sync again but you have to find the lost task to do this and sometimes in large projects it can be hard to remember what have been done and not.

Everhour cannot be integrated to Asana Window App or with Microsoft Edge so it works with the Asana (like with Chrome). This is a huge deal breaker because I use Edge a lot. The customer support couldn't even tell me that Everhour had this issue - I had to find out myself.

Response from Everhour

Hi Thomas,

I'd be lying if I said I'm happy to hear such a negative feedback, but it's your right.

Yes, we do not support Edge browser. But it's not only for Chrome. We support Chrome, FireFox and Safari.

Yes, we cannot embed time tracking controls into native Asana apps. This is technically impossible unless Asana integrate with Everhour one day. Has anyone else do this?

As for our support service - I can't believe that you asked us about supported browsers or native Asana apps (such a simple questions) and we were not able to answer.

Respectfully,
Mike

Replied 25/06/2018

Reviewed on 01/02/2019

Integrates with other task management software

Everhour was really useful in tracking the time spent on jobs so that we could properly bill clients and better understand how long specific jobs took for future quotes and estimates.

Pros

We used Everhour with our task management software (Basecamp) to help keep track of billable hours and time spent on projects for clients. It was very easy to use and integrated almost seamlessly. We were also able to download a chrome app so that we could clock in and out quickly from any tab eve if Basecamp wasn't open. It was also easy to adjust hours if a mistake was made. You can also set up estimates - which is a feature I have yet to use.

Cons

While you can adjust times when mistakes are made, it would be nice if you could set up notifications if a job is running longer than usual or during off hours. In addition, of line functionality would be great for times when we don't have internet access.

Response from Everhour

Thank you so much for leaving a review! Was it not enough to use the browser notifications we offer in your personal settings?

Replied 05/02/2019
Oyaro

Reviewed on 27/03/2024

Tracking time and managing projects with Everhour

Pros

I like the flexibility and scalability potential of the tool which allows us to track many projects we manage all at once.

Cons

No particular issue with the tool so far, everything seems to work perfectly

Response from Everhour

Thanks a lot!

Otieno

Reviewed on 14/03/2024

Invoive creation and sheduling solution

Pros

The tool has a user friendly interface making it east to schedule and create invoice

Cons

The tool has been effective and i have not yet realized any issues so far

Response from Everhour

Thanks for your wonderful review!

Volodymyr
Volodymyr

Reviewed on 28/08/2018

Good Time Tracking Program

Everhour is one of the best time tracking software applications out there. It is easy to use, never lets you down and gives you a clear picture of the passage of time.

Pros

The biggest asset of Everhour is its simplicity. You don't need to spend much time figuring out hows, whats and whys of its operation. You just plug it in and do your thing.

The reporting is detailed and exports without anything going wrong.

Everhour is also very helpful in strategic planning as a measuring tool. It was very useful to track how much time it takes for me to complete certain tasks under certain circumstances (urgent, regular, low-priority, etc) and then plan my days accordingly.

Cons

As far as my use of the program goes - i can't really pinpoint anything critical with it. If you are using it with Trello - there might be some mess related to revisions but that is more of a managing issue than technical. Otherwise i can't recall any other issues.

Response from Everhour

This is wonderful to hear how you get such a tremendous value from the product, Volodymyr!

Replied 30/08/2018

Everhour Summary

Overall it's a great tool and really met our specific need with its integration into Pivotal. We also find the timesheet generation also very useful for team oversight. At this time we are looking into automation of sending timesheets out to our individual team members via email or some other medium.

Pros

We selected Everhour based on its integration with Pivotal Tracker. We utilize pivotal heavily and wanted to add options for tracking timesheet level data by pivotal story. The integration with this tool has worked very well. Our developers leverage the timer function daily.

Cons

Would like some more flexibility and/or options for reporting. While the reporting that is there is useful, you can often get 85% to what you really need in a regular report output and still feel like you are missing a few extra items.

Response from Everhour

Hi Michael, thank you very much for your rate! We are going to add an option soon that allows sending reports by email.

Replied 22/10/2019
Olena

Reviewed on 09/10/2019

Great tool for tracking personal and team performance

Pros

I quite like the integration with Asana, it makes time tracking accurate, always in context.

Cons

I find the reporting tools UI a bit difficult to use.

Response from Everhour

Hi Olena, thanks for the highest likelihood to recommend and please write to us with any questions about reports!

Antonis

Reviewed on 09/05/2022

Everhour Review

Pros

The intergration with Asana and the easyness of time tracking task time

Cons

It's kind different in comparison of Harvest and for categories that are not on Asana

Due to the intergration with Asana

Due to the intergration with Asana

Response from Everhour

Thank you for your review, Antonis.

Replied 31/05/2022
Raj

Reviewed on 24/03/2023

I am a user

Its great and because of the add on I can generate report for my work and because of history i can trace my code also

Pros

To generate reports of tasks from start to end and save my records and file to share with the team

Cons

I think so, whatever I want my work all in the ever hour and I am using this addon in asana.

Response from Everhour

Thanks!

• Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 27/03/2023

Simple and useful

Pros

It's simple and quick. Browser extension on chrome easily integrates with asana where I do my tasks.

Cons

I don't have any complaints about the use. I guess it would be nice if there's an option to see all task monthly basis just like it has default weekly options.

Response from Everhour

Thank you!