Hubstaff Reviews

About Hubstaff

In today's ever-evolving work environment, maintaining peak productivity while ensuring a positive employee experience is a challenge many organizations face. Hubstaff stands at the forefront of solving this challenge, offering a...

Browse Hubstaff Reviews

1,480 of 1,480 reviews
Ashish
Ashish
  • Industry: Online Media

Reviewed on 01/06/2022

The best Employee Monitoring Software in Market for Remote Employees

It was a great experience, the software is scalable and affordable. It only adds cost upon usage which is critical.

Pros

As a company with lots of employees working remotely for us, we need strong software to monitor employees' performance and act according to the efficiency analysis. Its best feature is idle time management which helps you know if some employee is sitting idle.

Cons

Customer support is delayed a bit. We sometimes faced problems with Windows computers, this is somewhere Hubstaff needs to work it more user-friendly for Windows.

Roldan
Roldan
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 27/03/2022

Using Hubstaff for 5 years more. Seem it has improved!

Really just fine. What more should I look for as a freelancer who just need to track time for a project. Then send a a simple invoice at the end. As far as I'm concerned, I have a good experience with the app. If I have to suggest, maybe as a UX/UI Designer, they can enhance the looks an feel of the software to make it more professional and appealing to users.

Pros

Straightforward. Just the thing you need, you'll find it. Pretty much like any other time tracking software - as freelancer it has screen capture, invoicing, offline tracking and all...

Cons

It's just straight forward. Maybe they can add quick chat for client. Instead of additional login to browser when you need to quick communicate with your client.

Response from Hubstaff

Hey Roldan, thank you for submitting this review for Hubstaff! We are happy to hear that you are enjoying using Hubstaff for your time tracking needs.

We want to continually improve the platform and our offerings, so we do welcome all feedback onboard. Please feel free to go to https://roadmap.hubstaff.com/ and add any ideas for features to be implemented.

Replied 29/03/2022
Derrick
  • Industry: International Trade & Development

Reviewed on 16/05/2024

Managing Work Hours Made Easy

Pros

It keeps me organized and focused throughout the day, and I can see what my team is working on in real-time. Plus, the reports help me see how productive we're being. It's a great tool for remote work!

Cons

The desktop app can slow down my computer sometimes, especially when it's running in the background for a long time.

Top Hubstaff Alternatives

Diane
Diane

Reviewed on 05/02/2019

Constantly Rated As Poor Productivity Even When Working Hard

My overall experience with this software is a very poor one. While I appreciate what you're trying to accomplish with the software, especially for remote employees such as myself, it just isn't working out for me personally. As I said earlier, it's going to wind up costing me my job because the software is telling my management that I'm not working when I am. The software also doesn't account for things like needing a lavatory break or taking our (legally required) paid time breaks. If I were to take my 30 minute paid time breaks every day, my productivity would just sink into the teens. There's also no way to account for meetings or times I am on the phone where I am still being productive and working but since I am not clicking anything or typing it thinks I am sitting doing nothing.

Pros

I like the way Hubstaff is designed. It's intelligent and user-friendly. It's sleek and very polished and up-to-date with modern design standards and as a user I am easily able to access the dashboard and different features and see the differences in productivity from minute to minute, see the screenshots, see the tracking points, etc. From the perspective of direct user experience, it's ace.

Cons

However, my qualms with Hubstaff far outweight its superior design structure. The program, to me, is broken. No matter how hard I work, I have never had a day above 40% productivity - and that only happened once. I am usually rate in the mid to high 20s, even on days when I am busting my butt to get work done. I don't know why I am having these problems with the software, because I know I am working, I know I am getting work done, but why am I being rated so poorly? This software is going to wind up costing me my job, and that makes me furious.

Response from Hubstaff

Hey Diane,

Sorry you aren't having a good experience. Let me explain how Hubstaff tracks activity, and if you still think you should be getting a higher score, please contact our 24/7 support team at [email protected].

Your activity levels may be lower or higher depending on your responsibilities. Manual and mobile time tracking can also lower your productivity levels so include a note to your employer letting them know what you were working on. Here is a helpful article about how activity levels are tracked: https://support.hubstaff.com/how-are-activity-levels-calculated/

Replied 08/02/2019
Kim
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 10/03/2024

Love this app

Pros

That i didnt feel the time tracking, it tracks time so well and smooth, we all dont feel it, dont have to think about it. it does the job!
it also looks great, nice friendly layout.

Cons

The billing department and the billing experience!
As i was checking out the subscription (i am on a monthly subscription), and want to check how much would a yearly billing save me.
i moved a knob from monthly to yearly and my credit card was charged!
no warning, no confirmation, no thank you and no confirmation (on the web or the email)
I found out by chance, a few hours later that my CC was charged for a year.
Also, i was charged for a year after i just paid a week before.
i had to write the billing support 3 times and they acted as if they didnt understand what is the big deal.
which is a frustrating thing to do to a client.
780 bucks IS a big deal for me.
also their replies were vague, late,
and it took 3 emails before i was finally given the link to cancel this transaction.
the app is amazing, the billing interface and support is terrible.

Joemar

Reviewed on 04/06/2024

Hubstuff Review

Very good and I like it since it works all the time

Pros

The data it generates is very reliable and accurate

Cons

Maybe it is my computer but I experinced a bit of freezing

France
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 10/06/2024

Surprisingly hassle free...

User-friendly. Imagine that you just logged in, in the comfort of your home, you do your job/daily tasks, and after a week, you'd be able to submit your time sheet with no sweat. Everything has already been placed accordingly.

Pros

Everything is just one-click away. And everything is calculated accordingly.

Cons

No 15-minute break? I'm unsure if this is between the company and the user, but I hope, HubStaff could offer that.

Remya

Reviewed on 03/06/2024

Hubstaff makes my life easy

It makes my life easy. I can regularly monitor my teams activity. No excels sheets needed to track time.

Pros

Time tracking and expense management. I can monitor my team’s activity easily.

Cons

Nothing I can find. I’m happy so far with what Hubstaff offers me.

Muskan

Reviewed on 15/06/2024

Pros

It is user friendly, UI is attractive and easy to understand. It work on desktop and mobile too.

Cons

The think i like least is when only able to see total time on web version only in desktop version we only have the feature to track.

lisa
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 03/06/2024

excellent product for invoicing

Pros

its very straight forward and user friendly and allows me to free up time when invoicing and its much more straight forward then most systems

Cons

nothing I think this is an excellent system

Mackie

Reviewed on 05/04/2023

The most robust, one-stop-shop for time tracking especially for remote teams

Using Hubstaff has been exceptionally easy across the board. It is an asset for our company to see project profitability, team member hours, and manage time off for a fully remote company. The customer service with Hubstaff is superb. Highly recommend the app!

Pros

The customer service at Hubstaff is second-to-none. They are super responsive and attentive to our account. The clarity in the dashboard and ease of use of the app and online tracking tool is superb. It was extremely easy to implement in our team and get team members onboard for utilising the app through the use of badges and "friendly competition".

Cons

The fact that PTO doesn't count towards the total weekly hours for a team member, which is should so that we can see the team member's weekly hours inclusive of PTO.

TimeCamp , Time Doctor and DeskTime

Reasons for Choosing Hubstaff

More sophisticated app, more flexibility, better dashboard. Easier to implement across a large organisation.

TopTracker

Reasons for Switching to Hubstaff

Great competitive price for what you get. Great customer experience. Great interface.
Tia
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Reviewed on 16/07/2020

Best Time Tracking and Invoicing Software

Easy to navigate, easy to learn, many options for invoicing, many options for tasks/clients/projects.

Pros

I use Hubstaff daily to track my clients, tasks, and invoices. They're always there to help and very easy to work with. 100% recommended for any virtual workers!

Cons

Sometimes I need to make adjustments to time entered and it won't allow me. But I've found a work around and I'm sure this will be updated soon.

Asana

Reasons for Choosing Hubstaff

More options better pricing.

QuickBooks Time

Reasons for Switching to Hubstaff

I loved the trial and it does everything my business needs.

Response from Hubstaff

Hi there Tia, glad you find Hubstaff easy to use. Don't hesitate to email our team at [email protected] if you need any help. Thanks and always be safe.

Ninon

Reviewed on 13/03/2023

Your Asset when it comes to time tracking

Very good. Easy to use and definitely a tool I will keep using in the future.

Pros

The best feature of HUbstaff is how easy it is to add projects and assign someone to track them. We bill our clients for example 200 hours of design and resource management and Hubstaff has been our go-to for tracking this time for our invoicing. It's also a really lovely reporting feature where you can easily switch between per project and per member to track the resources effectively.

Cons

The timesheets have an error with the buttons that need to be fixed. I have contacted support before, but I have never once received feedback from Hubstaff support. So definitely zero stars for their support structure.

Benjamín
Benjamín
  • Industry: Furniture

Reviewed on 25/03/2019

Hubstaff is a very cool and light tool for time tracking

As a time tracking, payment management, and employee monitoring software, Hubstaff does a great job. It does help many companies keep track of their employees and is pretty comprehensive and even fun to use (when you look at it form the browser). Aside from the archaic Windows app, which has many problems, I have no complaints.

Pros

I've only used Hubstaff for time tracking with my company, I've never used it individually, but I've worked with it with two separate companies so far (as a freelancer), and when comparing it to other time tracking and monitoring tools, I find Hubstaff to be one of the most easy to use and amenable. The thing I like the most is the comprehensive user experience from my end, though I can't speak for admins. As a worker I enjoy being in control and up-to-date with my activity.

Cons

I would say that working with Hubstaff can get a little pressuring because of the activity system in place. What I mean is that I understand the way they measure activity but I do believe that looking for an activity sign every second can be very daunting, especially when some affiliate companies look for activity percentages higher than 80% for their employees. This forces many freelancers into a burnout trying to achieve these impossible productivity standards. Of course, Hubstaff can't claim responsability for what its users decide to do with it, but since it's fairly understandable that we (as workers) don't necessarily press keys or move the mouse at all times, maybe it would be better if they counted one activity sign every two (2) seconds, for example. Or if they offered ways to take breaks that were a direct part of the software and not something entirely at the discretion of one's employer. Hubstaff is great, but its current system does seem to favor employers more than employees, in my opnion, and this could lead to exploitation. Another thing is that the Windows app really needs an update, it has many bugs and doesn't look well on the UX side. There should be more options, not just an outdated-looking time tracker.

Lady Marie

Reviewed on 01/01/2023

Unlock Efficiency & Maximize Productivity with Hubstaff Software!

Yes, I have had a great experience with Hubstaff. It is one of the most efficient and easy-to-use management tools that I have ever used. The web-based dashboard makes it very simple to track employee hours, projects, tasks, and more in one central location. Additionally, the reporting capabilities make it easy to review progress and identify areas of improvement. The customer service team has also been very helpful and responsive to my questions. All-in-all, Hubstaff is a great tool that I would highly recommend.

Pros

My team really appreciated the intuitive user interface and easy to understand features of this software. We found it very helpful in streamlining our workflow and making tasks easier to complete. Additionally, we liked that the software was highly customizable, allowing us to tailor it according to our specific needs. Furthermore, the customer support team was available 24/7 which provided us with great peace of mind. Overall, we found this software to be a great solution for our business needs.

Cons

The pricing of the software is on the high side, and some of the features appear to be a bit advanced for my needs. Additionally, I find the interface difficult to navigate and understand at times.

Le-an Lai
Le-an Lai
  • Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 17/09/2018

Great for online teams

Great! It's amazing for the team but needs more options for the manager to be able to easily track employees with whatever variable that is needed.

Pros

I love how it's so easy to use for any new team member. I can also teach a new manager quickly on how to track those who are below them.
It's also great that I am able to calculate pay easily, and see who has been actually performing the least when online.

Cons

The biggest thing I would love to see is being able to easily check if someone has been adding/modifying their time too much. In the old software that we used, I can easily open a calendar and for each employee, check how many hours was working on the computer, and how many hours were done offline/tracked by the app. I have to go through one by one before actually catching someone who is violating company policies.

Another one would be instead of having the checkbox portion of idle time when people have been away from their computer, make it a radio select where they have to choose whether to keep or delete it. This has caused so much confusion with our team when we started, and would greatly help in making sure that their time is logged correctly.

Response from Hubstaff

Hello! Thank you for your review. In regards to being able to easily check if members have been editing time manually, we do have a report section dedicated just for that. It is called "Manual Time Edits", and you will be able to see exactly which time was edited manually instead of tracked with the time tracker. As for the idle time features, we would love to here more about your feedback and suggestions. Please feel free to contact us directly at [email protected] and let us know!

Replied 24/09/2018

Reviewed on 31/07/2020

No Reason To Change

We have used Hubstaff for 4 years to track our remote staff and have no reason to change to another provider. It is well establsihed in our business processes and we upgrade plans as we add more team members. Onboarding new team members is very, very smooth.

Pros

We create tasks in our Project system (jira) that appear in Hubstaff for the team member, they start the clock and we pay on that time spent - simple.
There is a Dashboard to see who is working on what task at any time and lots of reporting.
The project task gets the time spent reported back for project tracking/costing.
We get 10 minute screen shots if there is a concern over productivity. I also use that to get a sneak peek on their design ideas if a client is calling me on progress and sometimes I'll suggest a change in direction.

Cons

We tried to interface with Quickbooks by Customer by Task but Hubstaff couldnt handle that. We do this via the tracking in Jira (which includes Hubstaff time by Task anyway).

Response from Hubstaff

Hello Michael, we are happy to be at your service! Please don't hesitate to message us at [email protected] for any technical inquiries. Our team will be happy to assist you. Thank you and stay well.

Reviewed on 09/02/2018

Easy to use, not quite as easy to manage, but still pretty easy to manage.

We're able to track the work time and habits of a mess of remote workers from the other side of the world with relatively little fuss.

Pros

Hubstaff gives different levels of control that can be passed down through the command chain, allowing The Boss to have the total domination he needs to feel like The Boss while enabling middle management to fiddle usefully with things and retain enough control over their team's calendars and settings to not make them feel emasculated and vestigal. Even the rank-and-file employees themselves can be given a decent amount of control -- or not, if that's how you like it.

Cons

The calendars used on their Timesheet pages are really finicky -- sometimes, you swear the thing you just did in order to get from 'looking at today' to 'looking at yesterday' SHOULD have worked, but clearly didn't...and then you do the exact same thing again, and it works like you expected.

Also, and I realize that this is a problem in all similar software but it IS avoidable and SHOULD BE avoided even though it's not actually avoided anywhere, Hubstaff is not great at dealing with timezone changes. So if you have people on the East Coast, people on the West Coast, and people in the Philippines, two of those groups have to learn to think and act like they're in the third group's timezone, and that's hard when you're dealing with entry-level remote workers.

Jason
Jason

Reviewed on 20/07/2020

Love me some Hubstaff

Pros

It has revolutioned the way that we manage our employees. It's amazing to be able to see granularly what they are doing so we can manage them more effectively and have them use their time more productively.

Employees waste time, let's face it with Facebook, cell phones, lots of other stuff is distracting them and wasting you the owner ofyour companies time, give them an inch, they will take a mile. Let's keep honest people honest and let them know from the beginning, if they are here to work, they are here to work and not to waste any time!

Cons

None really, I love it. It has met and exceeded all of my expectations.

Time Doctor

Perceived ease of use

Response from Hubstaff

Hi Jason, we appreciate this! Thanks and stay well.

Esther

Reviewed on 16/03/2020

Best time tracking software for businesses

We've been using Hubstaff for a few years now, and it's the best time tracking software I've come across. It tracks all our employee's hours, activity levels and takes 3 screenshots every 10 minutes so you can look more carefully into your employees' performance if necessary. They also recently introduced badges which are awarded if someone has consistently high activity levels, which is also motivating for employees. They also offer a billing section which we don't use but is useful for businesses who pay employees per hour.

Pros

The best part is that the software downloads onto your PC and runs in the background with minimum interference. If you stop working, it will record idle time and ask you f you want to keep the idle time as work time or not - which is really useful. Another stellar feature is that it tracks activity levels. If an employee's activity levels are low, you get an email with a screenshot of their screenshot showing what they were doing at that time.

Cons

I can't think of anything we don't like.

Response from Hubstaff

It is great to hear that you are enjoying Hubstaff,
If you have any questions feel free to contact us anytime.

Thanks again!

Replied 25/03/2020
Patricia
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 15/02/2022

Hubstaff is a great payroll tool for small businesses and beyond

Best one we have used so far

Pros

The software does a great job of integrating users in tasks to be completed as well as tracking their time on the computer.

Cons

More than once the system has not allowed users to clock in their time and it has to be manually input by management. Also the time tracking cannot be customized to your payout schedule.

Response from Hubstaff

Hello Patricia,

Thank you for providing us with this detailed review about our current offerings.

Working on different tasks and allowing time tracking on various devices for those is one of the main aspects of our application, and we are always looking at ways to improve our offering, in that regard. We are happy to hear that you are happy with what we currently provide.

Regarding the issues that you've had in the past, in terms of team members being unable to clock in time, there could be a number of different reasons for that to be the case.

The best thing to do, when this situation arises, is to get in touch with our support team - either via live chat through the www.hubstaff.com website, or via email on [email protected], in order for us to troubleshoot the issue for you and ensure that it doesn't happen again.

Our live chat team is available for support 24 hours a day, over the weekdays, and response to emails typically takes less than a business day.

Replied 24/02/2022

Reviewed on 21/06/2021

It does the Job, and does not interrupt

It's great, just the right tool for the job, and I barely feel that I'm being monitored, it takes your mind of that and just gives you enough space to focus on your work.

Pros

* It's a great productivity tool to have for a company who want's to manage their employee activity tracking with ease.
* Easy to setup specifically in the employee's side.
* Does not require much resource, you'll barely feel it running on the background even though it takes screenshot of your desktop by the minute, so you'll never get interrupted by it.
* Accurate activity & time tracking
* Smart features, like when an employee is inactive for a certain amount of time, it will pop-up a prompt informing the employee that he/she is already inactive, when you get disconnected from the internet it will still resume time tracking, but the activity tracking will halt and it will sync back once your connected again.

* Frequent updates, which in turn addresses any existing bug in the software.
* Cross platform

Cons

* An occasional automatic-stop-time issue, it rarely happens, but when it does, it's a huge hassle.
* Automatic logging out issues, these are knit-picked issues really, and future users might not experience this anymore due to frequent updates done by the hubstaff dev team.

Reviewed on 25/11/2022

used it daily for 13 months for my remote job

Pros

i managed to work remotely with this app and my manager introduced this software for me and showed me how its amazing tracking for time and some screenshots being taken to assure to the boss that work is in progress

Cons

i would say alittle bit should include a warning to the employee that he is being tracked by some managers, lucky for me my manager told me the way it goes but you can be tracked with out your consent if you don't know this app and start using it

Response from Hubstaff

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to submit this review of Hubstaff. We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your experience on the platform.

Please be advised that Hubstaff aims to provide transparency both for the person(s) tracking time, as well as to their organisation's management, about the information being tracked in displayed on Hubstaff as a result of the tracked time. This is why the same information is available to both parties on Hubstaff, so both are in the clear as to what information has been tracked and is available on Hubstaff.

Additionally, it is the case that the person tracking time has to manually start the time tracker on their computer, or other device, when the time time tracking is to be done, in order to it to happen.

Replied 06/12/2022
Ahmed
Ahmed
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 11/02/2021

Now even newbie freelancers can land a gig thanks to Hub spot

My overall experience has been nothing less than a blessing because I had almost lost hope to work as a freelancer because of the huge competition on platforms like upwork which resulted in no job for the first couple of months but as soon as I joined hubspot it all changed for me.

Pros

What I liked the most about this software is the fact that despite of the ever growing competition in the freelancing industry hub spot is still giving every freelancer a chance to prove their worth

Cons

To be honest there’s literally nothing I dislike about this software but I would say that it could be even more better if they gave freelancers an option to attach their certificates and portfolio.

Response from Hubstaff

Hi Ahmed!
Thanks for your feedback and your kind words!
We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying the platform!
If you have any questions feel free to shoot me an email at [email protected]

Thanks again!

Replied 15/02/2021
Tri
Tri

Reviewed on 17/07/2020

Hubstaff, your go-to tool to manage the remote working

Hubstaff is a tool I recommend to all people manage a team of remote workers.

Pros

The integration with many platforms and how they communicate seamlessly.

Cons

I work with Jira. Sometimes it has verification problem which makes the calculation of the work time inaccurate.

Time Doctor and Harvest

Reasons for Switching to Hubstaff

Screenshot features and the package.

Response from Hubstaff

Hi Tri, thanks for the honest feedback! For any issue you may experience while using Hubstaff, please don't hesitate to talk to us through our official support email, [email protected]. Thanks and stay safe.