Google Drive Reviews

4.8

4.8

About Google Drive

Google Drive helps users store company data in one place. Users can access files from desktop and mobile devices and control how team members share these files. The platform provides a central admin panel, data-loss prevention...

4.7
4.7

Browse Google Drive Reviews

27,409 of 27,409 reviews
Ellenore
Ellenore
  • Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 26/03/2024

Essential for my remote job

Pros

I love that I’m able to stay in the loop while not in the office. I work remotely 70% of the time, and I never feel like I’m missing data or access to my work.

Cons

Sometimes the sharing settings feel overly complicated or unclear, although that’s almost always user error.

Jesse
  • Industry: Media Production

Google Drive is (almost) the backend of my business

Overall Google Drive has been wonderful to use. Earlier this year I tried to switch over to Dropbox (I store my clients’ final videos there because it works better for large files) but there was too much of Drive that I missed.

Pros

As a user of Gmail, Google Drive is the hub for all of my documents and assets. It’s super easy to add assets to a folder straight from Gmail, and the organization and ease of use just works. I’m so used to Google Sheets that anything else feels clunky, and thanks to Google Docs I haven’t had to touch MS Word in decades. All of that lives in Google Drive and makes managing my projects a simple task.

Cons

I’m a video editor, and downloading large video files for Drive is a pain in the butt. It collects them all in several zip files and makes managing or naming them very hard. I also never use the Mac app sync option, because I don’t the same confidence in it the way I would Dropbox. Also, it’s a small thing but the new Move/Organize right-click menu buried my most used options. When you click something multiple times a day, having to go through multiple sub-menus adds up.

Meg
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Drive is ok

Pros

It's ok... Not a lot of pros though, sorry.

Cons

Slow, glitchy, emptying the bin is almost impossible. Expensive.

Top Google Drive Alternatives

Kayla
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 22/01/2024

The #1 business tool for organizing and sharing files

This tool facilitated the startup of my business!

Pros

What I enjoy most about Google Drive is that it offers all-in-one solutions, for free up to a certain amount of storage, compared to Microsoft Office. Backups are saved and documents are synched automatically and I can collaborate simultaneously with coworkers and clients in the same document to facilitate work.

Cons

There is sincerely nothing that I don't like about Google Drive. I use it all day, every day within my business. I couldn't survive without it!

Deyan
Deyan

Reviewed on 27/03/2024

Decent cloud storage for personal needs or small companies

Pros

I like that it's very easy to use, has a ton of integrations and almost everyone is familiar with it.

Cons

The pricing. There are much cheaper cloud storage providers out there.

Subhajit
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 06/03/2024

Best Personal Cloud Storage & File Sharing Platform

Amazing! We use it consistently as it coordinates very well with our projects in general and gadgets. The convenience is the best component of Google Drive. We transfer and offer substance across numerous clients in which Google Drive makes it extremely simple to team up.

Pros

The way that I am ready to chip away at the cloud, while simultaneously teaming up with others without security and wellbeing issues.

Cons

In some cases looking through certain documents take somewhat additional time assuming they've been shared or put away fairly quite a while in the past.

Colleen

Reviewed on 26/03/2024

Keeps everything organized in one place

Pros

Google Drive simply is a necessity inside and outside of work. It keeps everything organized in one place and is easy to manage multiple folders, share and collaborate with others.

Cons

The permissions for Google Drive continue to change and often times there are documents that are not meant to be shared that somehow end up in the wrong place.

Microsoft Teams
Jacklyn
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 25/03/2024

Pros

I love that it is easy to use, and the mobile access is unmatched.

Cons

If the files aren't organized properly, it can get a little be unwieldy.

OneDrive
Juan
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Reviewed on 17/02/2024

My secure bank for any file type

Pros

I feel safe having my data uploaded on Drive, and I can easily access it from multiple devices, my computer, phone, or tablet.

Cons

The upload speed could be faster. Especially when uploading long videos. I have found other apps speed faster.

Reviewed on 26/03/2024

A great tool for backing up and collaberating

Pros

Automatic backup of files.
Live collaberation on document with collegues
Always available files

Cons

There isn't much to dislike. It's a great product

• Industry: Performing Arts

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

Brilliant Working and Co-Working Platform

My co-working and collaborative online experience has been elevated, and my workflow and organization have been simplified and optimized thanks to Google Drive. It syncs beautifully across all of Google's platforms and makes my life easier.

Pros

Google Drive works almost perfectly seamlessly and very intuitively for those importing or creating documents from the more historically familiar Microsoft suite. It's great if you want to upload and continue working on a document, as the drive provides an online storage space that syncs beautifully and easily from whichever computer you're accessing. It also provides a fast, simple way to co-work on the same documents and share documents and files -- especially large ones that are otherwise difficult to manage. It also allows you to keep track of who contributed what and track changes over time. From Google Drive, you can share, store, and view media (including videos), multi-media presentations, documents, and more. Google Drive has been invaluable to me personally as well as to every organization for which I have worked.

Cons

As far as I know, it is not possible to work effectively offline and then upload changes when the internet reappears.

Jason
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Reviewed on 05/03/2020

Once again, Google is better than Microsoft.

I use Drive for most of my personal files and all of my professional files. I love how organized I can be and my life would be much more difficult without Google Drive.

Pros

I am a hyper-organized individual, and I like being able to place items into their correct folder. Every file I need more than once gets sorted and filed away in my Google Drive. If I lose/break my laptop, it really doesn't matter because everything I need is save to my Google Drive. They give you so much storage room (15GB) that I don't think I'll ever need to buy more from them.

Cons

Sometimes I discover that really old files that I haven't needed for a decade are still there and taking up storage space, but there is so much free space that it doesn't really matter. Plus, I'm glad that Drive doesn't erase files I haven't used in a while. It might be nice if they asked once in a while if still needed something that hasn't been touched, though.

Dennis
Dennis
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 20/07/2020

Lifesaver

Very positive - everyone in the organization has adopted it. It is very easy to implement if you are a Gmail centered business.

Pros

We used to keep a shared drive at each of our locations and ask staff to back up critical file to shared drive. Now we use Drive and it really works well for our organization. We have established shared drives for departments regardless of location and individuals can securely store their docs.

Cons

I am not really sure it is an issue with the software however I wish I could map drives without eating up hard drive space. This may be available however the last time I tried it I ended up with a very full hard drive.

OneDrive, Box and Norton Secure VPN

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

We are already using GSuite so it just made more sense.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

The peace of mind knowing that our documents were in the Google cloud secured by permission level access.
Asfak
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 26/10/2022

The most affordable Cloud storage I've ever used.

Google Drive allows me to easily store, and share files, documents, spreadsheets, and presentations with my friends & colleague in real time. It's making it easy for multiple people to work on the same project at once. Anyone can access files from any device with an internet connection. Overall, Google Drive has greatly increased my productivity and made collaboration easier.

Pros

Google Drive is one of the easiest cloud storage options available. It offers an impressive amount of storage space at no extra cost. Many third-party integrations are available. It allows me to access and share files from any device. The search function helps me quickly locate documents, and its file management features help me organize and collaborate on projects like a charm.

Cons

Sometimes it takes too much time to upload & sync files. There is no tag or label function built in. No password protection for shared files

MEGA and Zoho WorkDrive

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

The pricing model of google drive is fair enough compared to Onedrive & Dropbox.

Dropbox Business and OneDrive

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

The google ecosystem & its integration into google workspace make my choice easier.
Nick
Nick
  • Industry: Online Media

Reviewed on 09/12/2022

Affordable File Sharing and Organization

Pros

I use Google Drive (mostly Docs) to create working documents and share those among members of my team. It's great that multiple people can collaborate on the same files and it's relatively easy to use.

Cons

Search and sorting seem a little buggy. I've run into issues with the sharing permissions on certain folders and files. I'd love to be able to edit docs on mobile without using the specific app. It sucks when you paste content into WordPress it carries with it a bunch of garbage html on the backend.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

I was using Google Docs for content creation and collaboration, but switched from Dropbox for some other file sharing and storage because of the better value and user interface. At that time Dropbox didn't allow for file editing, which was a pain.

Upen
Upen

Reviewed on 17/04/2023

Cost effective tool with multi-purpose functionalities.

Highly satisfying and effective to handle my small-size business.

Pros

The fact that I am able to work on the cloud, while at the same time collaborating with others without privacy and safety issues.

Cons

While the tool is robust, with time, there is a need for more and more storage which is only available for a cost.

OneDrive

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

This was much easier to use.

OneDrive and Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

Easier to use, and simpler to understand and learn.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 24/09/2018

Google Drive for G Suite - Pros easily outweigh the cons.

Our company shares a lot of files and folders within the company as well as outside our organization with customers. Google Drive has been a simple solution to keep everyone on the same page with shared files/folders and gives us the option to temporarily share files with clients using the permission expiration features. We love that it keeps everything in one place but is easily accessible from just about anywhere.

Pros

- Ease of use: it doesn't get easier than Google Drive. We use Google Drive with our business G Suite account, the ease of use makes onboarding new employees quick and simple which means less wasted time for management.
- Accessibility: Access from ANYWHERE. Instant upload and instant availability means accessing files on the go is simple and fast.
- File sharing: Add an email address and you're good to go. Easily set permissions for what that person is able to do (view only, edit, organize, share, etc.) and change those permissions just as quickly if need be.
- File sharing expiration: We love this feature. We share images with our clients and give them a time frame to have the option to download or save their files. You can customize that time frame for any length of time. After that window of time is up, the link automatically stops sharing. No setting reminders or deleting share permissions.
- Commenting on files: Just found this little gem and it's amazing. We have a lot of shared files and folders, you can easily comment or make notes on both. This is very helpful if the folder is missing something or a file needs annotating but you don't want to markup the actual file.

Cons

- File "corruption": Occasionally one of our shared files will be opened on a PC and someone else will open it on a Mac and for some reason that doesn't always go smoothly on the back end. The next time you open the file it sometimes says it's corrupted. Luckily, (a "pro") Google Drive automatically saves "versions" so you can fairly easily restore an earlier version before the file was corrupted and typically you don't lose any changes or information. Mostly just an inconvenience.
- Commenting on files: While this is a huge "pro", the only downside is that the comments are not timestamped or dated so it's hard to keep a string of comments or notes going to show updates or changes.

Ricardo Andrés
Ricardo Andrés
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Reviewed on 24/10/2018

GOOGLE DRIVE MORE AND BETTER STORAGE IN THE CLOUD

In addition to the usual files that can be shared on Google Drive, there are some special documents "THE GOOGLE DOCS" which is another point for me that clearly highlights Google Drive.

These are similar to Microsoft Office's "GOOGLE TEXT DOCUMENT WOULD BE WORD EQUIVALENT" and "GOOGLE'S CALCULATION SHEET WOULD BE THE EXCEL EQUIVALENT" with the difference that there may be several people working on it at the same time being a great help for work at distances in groups or teams.

All this plus the synchronization of folders and files from the computer or mobile device which allows to edit the files since, Google Drive will analyze the changes and apply them to your files in the cloud, this happens with all the actions "delete, edit, add "and with all types of files from any synchronized device, sharing documents now becomes easier when they ask for topics or shared analysis in some kind of format

Pros

WHY CHOOSE GOOGLE DRIVE?

Simply because it offers more storage space in the cloud in its free plan of 15 GB in total compared to other hosting services, however, this space is actually the general of the entire Google account, since it also counts the space that contain your Google+ photos and your Gmail emails.

But despite this apparent limitation the space offered by Google Drive continues to be much higher compared to other storage services, therefore, store all your files on the Internet and have them always available in your account is what Google Drive offers you , always having the possibility of obtaining more storage capacity.

Cons

I must say that after several years of using Google Drive, which has greatly facilitated my work and my personal activities as a blogger to be able to store all my PDF, WORD, IMAGES, ETC. I find very few disadvantages in Google Drive, such as:

. - Google Drive Does not offer statistics for downloaded or viewed documents

. - If the documents have several editors or collaborators could be eliminated by one of them.

. - Although Google offers to be able to index advertisements in several of its products in the case of Google Drive, this is not the case, which would allow the downloads to be monetized while visualizing the study documents made by oneself, an option that would avoid cumbersome shorteners being used for downloads.

Despite these apparent disadvantages of Google Drive are really only small details that can be improved in an era in which massive communication and monetization of the pages are the order of the day.

Reviewed on 20/11/2018

Best platform for collaborative shared files!

If I were to sum it up in a few words, it would be easy, simple, free, collaborative and productiv. I highly recommend it!

Pros

I've been using Google Drive for a couple of years now and it never failed on me. Everything works as expected. The new interface is easier to work with than the previous one. The layout is cleaner and it's easier to find what you need. It's very well integrated with its other services such as Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Photos etc.

File sharing is great, made really simple. Just right-click on any file or folder and select the option to share that file. That's it. You can easily upload or create a new file by clicking the big white button "New" in the top left area of the screen.

The mobile app works very well and you can browse your files easily. The desktop app makes a real folder on your computer with all the files that you have on Google Drive, making file changes (copy, cut, paste, delete, rename, etc) just like you do on locally stored files.

I haven't had any technical issues so far, but when my colleagues had trouble, the support team was always helpful and very quick to fix any issues.

Cons

If you use google drive for work with your work account and also have google drive for your personal account, the desktop app is not currently supporting multiple users. You are forced to be signed in with just one of them and use the web browsing version for the other account(s). It's frustrating that it so easy to switch between users on the web, but you can't do that on your desktop. Other than this, nothing comes to mind.

Samridh
Samridh
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 17/04/2019

Google Drive: One Location for All

Google drive is the goto place for sharing and collaborating and I absolutely make use of it pretty much every week and sometimes everyday.

Pros

Before Google drive, sharing and collaborating with other people was through CDs, Pen drives, emails and other such mediums. Google drive has changed it dramatically by making this process easy, intuitive and less stressful. Google drive has so many Pros but here are the three main ones that makes me want to use it every time during all my personal and schooling projects - want to share only certain things with certain people but have access to all of them in one location, Google drive got you covered; want to see what others are changing things on the files (doc, xls, ppt) in real time, google drive has got you covered; want to see the history of changes over time, of course google drive has you covered. I like how I can organize my folders in different locations. One can not only create folders and documents but can easily upload them as well. As long as you have access to internet, you have access to the files. It is well integrated into the google's environment which I think is the reason why it has become so popular.

Cons

The biggest con for me has been the size limit. 15GB was not enough for me as I have a personal folder where I have lot of personal pictures and personal videos stored. These days a good 1080p videos of just a few minutes can climb up to 100MB. The other con is that though google drive gives you access to the doc, xls, ppt files the formatting is limited. This causes some issues when files are downloaded from google drive to Microsoft platform or vice versa. I don't see google drive ever enhancing their file formatting to keep up to date but again it is meant to be a collaborative platform to share and collaborate ideas and work together. For formatting simply download and do it on the correct tool.

Reviewed on 14/06/2019

without google drive you may as well kiss your hard drive away!

Pros

I have been using Google drive for almost a decade. This price of 2 tera of storage is beyond inconceivable low - and can't be matched by the competition. My entire business and personal life is stored in the Google Drive Cloud. The best feature is that I am not forced to sync the cloud with my local device as most all other competitors force you to do. The ability to access my GD from my phones and tablets allows me to take my entire life wherever I go. The fact that you can choose any folders and files you desire from anywhere they are located on your local machine is another incredible benefit most of the competitors do not offer. The best feature is how flawless the backup and sync app works with Windows 10 pro, and how easy it is to "switch to a new computer" and still keep all your files without having it sync them all over again from the new computer device---you just simply need to make it "aware" you have a new device and do some basic easy configuration steps---but it works out great as long as you do things correctly. I feel that Google is the safest of all the cloud storage choices since Google runs the world, so my security is first and foremost in their minds and I have complete faith in that.

Cons

The worst and I mean the worst thing about GD is that backup and sync conflicts with Microsoft OneDrive and the 2 cannot run at the same time. This is due to a "defect" in GD that it creates a "temp download folder" in all the folders set to be synced, and this "folder" causes OneDrive to malfunction and stop working. Therefore, I am forced to only use GD when I go to sleep as I must have MS OneDrive working because it has to be in order for me to use my MS applications. It too me dozens of hours of technical troubleshooting and technical support assistance to finally have learned of this in the hardest way that could be possible to learn such a thing. This was a total nightmare for me at the time as this nonsensical "temp folder" caused all my troubles but dozens of hours of tech support cals and remote sessions were needed before an angelkic tech explained to me what the problem was being caused from. The fact that I can't have GD running while I am working all the day is the worst thing possible there could be, but I am stuck between a rock and a hard place on this as MS OneDrive supersedes GD when it comes to 1st priority rights of which app gets to be enabled throughout the day.

• Industry: Utilities

Reviewed on 14/11/2019

The Ultimate Tool for Anyone With a Laptop

For any student, especially with how much group work is being expected, Google Drive is a great way to organize all the shared documents (as well as personal documents!) I always recommend people to use Google Docs for the benefit of saved storage space, and once you get those documents accumulated Google drive has a great way to organize them and share them in bulk as well.

Pros

- Saves on storage
This stores all of the files added on into the cloud, and even if you don't subscribe to add on more storage, the starting amount is quite large (15GB!) I have been using this for 8 years and have yet to run out of space- but pro tip: this storage space does include your Gmail, so if you are ever running out of space just go and do a quick dump of the promotional/social emails that tend to take up a lot of space
- Easier to share LARGE files (and small files too!)
When you try to share some larger files, it can take so long if you try to do it the old-fashioned way (USB, etc) but with Drive, you can very easily just send them permission to the file to their email, and even the upload is much faster compared to normal speeds.
- Very easy to organize
With how laptops tend to organize things (downloads folder vs documents folder vs the madness of "tags") this is a great way to just be able to have your files put all in one place, with as many folders and color coordination schemes you want. You can even choose to share whole folders or sub-folders with people very easily! (which comes in handy for me, since I often share personal notes from classes all at once rather than individually)

Cons

In order to get full functionality out of this, you need to be a heavy Google Docs, Slides, or Sheets user. Otherwise, it's not worth putting in the time to organize and file as much.

Donna

Reviewed on 20/02/2020

Google Drive- Productivity Tool

Offers Remote Access from any Browser. My files are always with me whether I access my own PC/Laptop or on vacation using a public computer. I can work Anywhere Anytime! I use Drive for my Back Up and I can Share my files stored on Drive with anyone I want to. And if the 15 GB isn't enough after some time I purchased another 100 GB of storage for less than $2.00 per month! Plus, any changes I make to a document or with a shared client those changes/ revisions are automatically populated in all versions of the document!! I never have to carry a heavy laptop with me since the sync feature across all my devices allow me access from a table or a remote PC.

Pros

Everything! Plus the Free 15 GB of Storage with Synching across multiple devices. Drive Syncs to all my Devices, whether my phone, laptop, PC, SD Card, USB flash drives and my camera. I can Upload and Download and everything is in there! Drive Folder also sits on my Laptop folder and I can drag and drop and file stored on my computer to the Drive folder that auto syncs to Cloud Drive!

Cons

So far after many years of using Drive I haven't found anything I don't like about it. It is an amazing tool!

Cole
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 25/03/2020

Google Drive and All Its Applications are Essential to Succeed

Overall, Drive keeps our entire business connected and running anytime, anywhere. Employees can simply log in on a tablet in their home, their laptop while traveling, their computer at work, or on their phone while walking into a meeting and they immediately have access to all of our files. Furthermore, employees can do so much more than just read or download items. If I notice an error on a presentation for the meeting I am walking into while looking on my phone, I can edit it from my phone and it will save immediately and apply my changes in real time for everyone. So, by the time the presentation starts, the error is gone.

Pros

Google Drive is easy to understand, convenient to use anywhere, and totally efficient. I cannot imagine a modern business being successful today without it. The software and user face works superbly across all operating systems and that’s an incredible pro. Our employees use Mac’s, PC’s, iPhones, and Android phones and the software remains the same across all devices. This streamlines everyone’s understanding and thus communication when needed to discuss the drive. The software is also built very intuitively; anyone with experience using a computer will be able to navigate the software very easily!

Cons

I rated Google Drive a 4/5 stars because there are some features and functions that are not simple to execute. Most notably, the inability to easily move entire folders from individuals’ to team drives. This becomes tricky because it involves who created (ownership) the original folders and files. In a growing company, we’ve experienced an employee creating a shared folder that is used after the employee has moved on and then when we’ve tried to reorganize it to a new team drive, it requires administrative assistance and Google Support. Thankfully, they have great customer service!

Hafiz Muhammad

Reviewed on 23/09/2021

Google Drive is a Best opportunity for Freelancers

As a freelancer i have a great experience with google drive. Easily i have share data of my projects with my clients and get all the requirements also here on google drive.
so overall i have a great experience with it

Pros

As a freelancer, Google drive is my first and foremost selection to deal with my clients efficiently. I upload all necessary documents in Google Drive to share with my friends. My clients feel it convenient to use this service because it allows sharing a file in each format.
The other benefit I get from Google Drive is the security implementations. I can lock my files as well as I can share my data with limited and selected persons. Advanced encryption of 256-bit never allows the hacker to hack our essential personal data. Its protection with a cloud storage system is incredible.
The storage characteristics of Google drive is highly appreciated to me. Google drive offers me 15GB of data for free to store essential files. I can easily save and upload my family pictures to this service. The other offer I get from Google drive is 100GB of data for two years. Yes, Google drive also provides free 100GB of data for two years. You can also avail this opportunity as well from the free storage system of Google drive.
I can access my photos, presentation and files in any format at any place in the world. I have to log in to my Google account and start using this service. I don't need to take a USB or CD during travelling.
I have no words on the speed of downloading and uploading files. I enjoy the working of this service. It reduces time wastage and all confusion to me.
I can make multiple folders in Google drive. You can manage your complete specific information in a related folder. I

Cons

The security threats of Google drive sometimes makes me feel unsure. Google drive gives a potential security system that means it can harm my computer physically or non physically. There might be a chance of viruses in my computer. There are also chances of my computer threatening after excess info and location info to a hacker.
Google drive always demand an internet connection. Sometimes, I don't have good signals to use this service. I feel trouble at that time using google drive. The necessary internet access for Google drive is somehow the least interested to me.
The other difficulty I face from the Google drive is the file size limits. Google drive is restricted to upload high-quality files and videos. The working of this service becomes slow when dealing with high MBS files. For that, I minimize the quality of files, which is undesired to me.
The next factor, which is the slightest desire to me, is unpredictable third party access. I even don't know which applications are getting access to my Google drive. I decrease my trust in data security issues. Some applications on my computer are directly attached to this service.
These are the only few issues I face in using Google drive. Otherwise, I have good experience with this excellent service.