Gem Reviews

4.8

4.8

About Gem

Gem’s Talent Engagement Platform helps large and mid-size recruiting teams use data and automation to engage talent more deeply, build diverse, high-quality pipelines, and hire predictably at any scale. Gem unifies data and...

Browse Gem Reviews

Blake
Blake

Reviewed on 16/11/2021

I love using Gem and their team!

Through my experience working with Gem I've been able to harness our recruiting data to allow is to make huge strides with our Diversity recruiting goals as well as uncover insights that help us re-organize and become a more efficient team. The team at Gem has been very helpful and I love partnering with them as they certainly have been committed to enabling us to achieve our goals.

Pros

I love that it gives us the ability to track our recruiting efforts towards our Diversity goals. I also love how easy it is to automate sequences and email campaigns while also providing quantifiable data so we can continue to iterate on our strategies. Lastly, the reports are great to view recruiting pipeline health.

Cons

Whenever I think of something that could be improved on the team is quick to help me find the solution. I really enjoy partnering with their CS team.

Ryan

Reviewed on 10/08/2022

Great Recruiting & Sourcing Tool!

Overall, Gem is a great tool for any company's recruiting stack. It's got a ton of features, great integrations, and they're backed by top tier VCs!

Pros

I like that Gem has a strong database of email addresses that they verify, their reporting and analytics is very useful for identifying bottlenecks in the recruiting & sourcing process, reviewing top of funnel metrics for the team, and measuring template effectiveness when reaching out to candidates.

Cons

I believe the user interface is a bit clunky and could honestly use a design make-over.

Terry

Reviewed on 07/04/2022

Corporate Recruiter

Very good !

Pros

You have to play around with GEM but once you acquainted with the system yo can master it

Cons

The time to feel comfortable learning and working with it. And the wait time in changing from one screen to the next.

Top Gem Alternatives

Tommy
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Reviewed on 01/11/2023

Useful for sourcing

Pros

Gem is a useful tool for finding contact information and creating nurture campaigns easily. Its easy to use and started building out a marketing and an ATS, so having a Gem ecosystem.

Cons

the support could be much better, working with support on problems is slow.

ZoomInfo Talent

Reasons for Switching to Gem

Ease of use and been using Gem longer and so didn't feel a need to change

Reviewed on 15/09/2022

GEM it is

Gem is really good for recruitment and obtaining data for better outreach, especially in Recruitment and HR roles.

Pros

This platform is really good especially in sourcing as it has automatic sequencing that will send follow-up emails which is time-saving. You could also integrate other software tools for seamless transfer of data.

Cons

interface as it's a little confusing but when you get the hang of it then you get comfortable

HubSpot CRM Integration for Jira

Reasons for Switching to Gem

Gem is referred to us by one of the Manager success which gives us better reach rate
Hannah

Reviewed on 16/11/2022

Useful Product that Helps a Busy Recruiter Stay Organized and Informed

Pros

The ease of use and streamlining workflow. Makes follow up easy and candidate management/relationships more attainable.

Cons

That more analytics insight even for just user is an extra cost

Outreach and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Gem

Ease of use, actually works with recruiting products.
Pablo Ariel
Pablo Ariel
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 10/06/2022

One of the best sourcing tools in the market!

Excellent, it beats any other sourcing tool out there.

Pros

Achieving superb response rate thanks to the sequences and how easy they are to set up. Not only it allows personalisation at scale, but it also gives you the tools to send highly personalised messages. Their reporting and analytics tool has saved me lots of time and is well-rounded in terms of the info that you can download from candidates.

Cons

There are mainly 2 things that I would love for them to improve:
Making sure that the email that gem is showing is actually the email of the candidate (would be nice to know how it was generated to double check).
It would be great if you could select candidates from a peoject/sequence and only download the info of those.

Sandra
Sandra

Reviewed on 06/05/2022

Amazing tool to source for candidates

I enjoy using Gem. It's a great tool that has kept on changing since early on. They keep making it better.

Pros

- It's easy to send messages, engage with candidates by setting up reminders. Also, great analytics data.

Cons

The only feature that is missing is adding information when a prospect accepts the invitation to connect on LinkedIn. It has to be added as an InMail instead of using the personal LinkedIn messaging service.

Jonathan
Jonathan

Reviewed on 07/09/2022

Gem beautifully automates so much of sourcing outreaches and reporting with graphs

Pros

Categorizing prospects into projects, automatic detection of whether they replied to outreaches, the sequence/outreach automation is great, the data analytics seem helpful too though I haven't spent much time on it.

Cons

I had to troubleshoot with tech support about correctly counting prospects as converted to candidates since at first it wasn't doing that for all candidates that were in our ATS, but it seems to have self-corrected or been corrected by support. I'd make it a little easier to add notes about candidates and make them visible on the project columns, and also make a way to manually mark as converted to candidate on the ATS (maybe by linking on the ATS) if it doesn't automatically detect. Also I'm not sure why I sometimes have to manually add in a prospects info when adding to Gem from Linkedin, but if that could be better automated that could save time and make sourcing less burdensome.

Reviewed on 14/06/2022

Turbo-charging Recruiting

Overall I feel like utilizing Gem in my sourcing/recruiting function provides me with a competitive advantage to help attract and engage candidates.

Pros

Integrates seamlessly with ATS, LinkedIn, Calendly, etc. and provides excellent data on effectiveness of outreaches, candidate engagement with messaging (open rates, click rates, etc.), and qualitative sourcing information.

Cons

Sometimes the "download as pdf" feature can be a little slow or buggy, but it's generally responsive.

Galo

Reviewed on 20/04/2023

Gem Review

Access to data and keeping track of candidate outreach (sequences).

Pros

Gem makes it so easy to create projects and build talent pipelines using the Gem extension.

Cons

I sometimes have issues with boolean searches not yielding results. A simple refresh usually does the trick

• Industry: Biotechnology

Reviewed on 11/05/2022

Excellent Product!

Awesome! I would say GEM is a great partner to help achieve our Talent Acquisition goals. Our current ATS (Lever) does not offer some of the features this technology does. I'm so happy we decided to partner with GEM!

Pros

The technology offers a great dashboard experience for producing reports for our internal clients, they are easy to set up and share. We also use the technology to source, send sequenced messages, and manage a passive candidate pool. Great software, I would highly recommend it!

Cons

There are still some features that are in production or haven't made it to this state, but there are only a few of these situations. On one or two occasions, we've asked for enhancements our Account Manager/Tech Lead took our feedback and shared it with their Engineering team. To my surprise, our request made it into production and 2 weeks later the feature was created in the product. I'm super happy with the partnership and response from GEM.

Rhianna
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 10/06/2022

Organized and User Friendly!

My company uses gem to reach out to candidates for recruiting purposes. Because of the sequence set up, we can automatically schedule and send multiple emails in hopes of getting a response. It is nicely organized by sequence and project and shows clean data at the top to show how successful your sequences are.

Pros

For someone not super tech savvy, this was very user-friendly and well organized. It's extremely helpful in collaborating with my team and keeping track of our candidates and their status.

Cons

We are moving from Google to Outlook, and in the middle of this integration some of our sequences are not being stopped when a candidate responds, unless we log into Gem separately to mark them as replied.

Katinka

Reviewed on 06/01/2023

never want to work without Gem

I never want to work without Gem, I am a Sourcer and my aim is to reach out to as many candidates as possible. Gem is very user-friendly and helps me track myself easily. I love the Outreach stats section,

Pros

search in the Prospects; email sequencing and automizing the outreach to candidates, being able to set up email sequence "on behalf of" hiring managers; the reports; finding the emails of candidates works pretty well; customer support is excellent and quick; love the brochures

Cons

It is not possible to download the candidate list or change the status of candidates who are in my team mates' sequence (in case of holidays this would be useful). I would make the Columns in Sequences adjustable, like in Projects, but it is not a dealbreaker.Just an idea: would be great if I could be able to rank candidates (prospects) on a given email sequence or project e.g. Tier 1, Tier 2 (based on how much they match the job requirements).

Ethan

Reviewed on 03/12/2021

Secret Weapon

Pros

- Automates the sourcing process, allowing you to set up drip campaigns (either short bursts or long-term)
- Data visualization in sourcing efforts
- Ease of access to hiring teams to have insight into sourcing efforts

Cons

- Manual inmail sequences
- Difficult to setup/share drip campaigns with teammates
- Expensive

cory
  • Industry: Investment Management

Reviewed on 08/11/2022

My only must have tool outside of LinkedIn Recruiter and an ATS

Pros

I like how you can set up drip email campaigns and even thought sending inmails is manual, it's much better to remind you when you have to send that follow up(2nd, 3rd) whereas before it would be a one and done.

Cons

I'm curious to explore more about the pipeline/stage analystics connected with Greenhouse

Peter

Reviewed on 28/06/2020

Better than traditional ATSs, especially for sourcing

Gem's made sourcing and hiring much easier for us. It automates following up multiple times with a drip email contacts, importing and synchronizing who we've reached out to, and keeping track of both email and LinkedIn (InMail) outreach.

Pros

Gem has been perfect for us as an early-stage startup for our sourcing efforts. It nails the key features of reaching out to candidates and keeping a paper trail of who we've contacted already, and makes importing data from LinkedIn (where we do most of our sourcing) extremely easy. It also magically finds emails for the candidates; I don't know how they do it, but it's great.

It's way better than a spreadsheet or Airtable/Notion, and the bigger ATSs (e.g., Greenhouse, Lever) really are overkill for us at this point.

Cons

Nothing much, really. The UI sometimes feels dated, but really gets the job done! Also, they don't fully support browsers other than Chrome, but really, that's not been much of a problem.

Justine

Reviewed on 12/03/2021

Huge fan of Gem!

Love Gem, no other recruiting tool compares! Highly recommend for your recruiting team.

Pros

So many things. Gem makes my recruiting workflow so much simpler and less manual. I love how it integrates with Greenhouse. It has good reporting features as well.

Cons

I wish this software integrated with Lever (a previous ATS I've used–I currently use Greenhouse). I also wish InMails could be sent more efficiently.

Ashia

Reviewed on 18/04/2022

Great product for sourcing and hiring professionals!

Very easy to use, intuitive.

Pros

The product is extremely easy to use and integrates seamlessly with Greenhouse. One of my favorite features is the ability to set up my sequences ahead of time. Additionally, the analytics on response response rates, sequences is unlike any other product I've used in my 10+ years of sourcing. The user interface is extremely well designed.

Cons

I'd be interested in seeing any other analytics that might be market related.

Tiffany
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Reviewed on 07/09/2022

Recruiter's Dream

Overall I love it and I wholeheartedly know it saves me a ton of time! Thank you Gem!

Pros

It saves SO much time! It saves you a lot of typing as well, so it saves you ergonomically as well! I love how you can set templates for projects, that they are timed, and that they stop when someone replies... it is very intuitive and smartly made.

Cons

I would love a pop out of the person's LinkedIn page for a quick glance, rather than needing to open a whole new tab to see their profile from a sequence/project.

Erin
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

Reviewed on 12/09/2022

Thoughts on Gem

Pros

The contact information finder is wonderful. Second, is the email campaign feature.

Cons

I wish I could search for candidates within the platform instead of by LinkedIn similarly to how HireEZ does.

Response from Gem

Hi Erin, thank you for writing us the review. You can search, organize, and re-engage your past candidates and silver medalists from your CRM and ATS with Gem's Candidate Rediscovery. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact your customer success manager. Thank you!

Replied 13/09/2022
Amanda
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 12/10/2022

If you don't have Gem, you should!

Pros

Gem is one of the best software products I've used for daily use. Some of my favorite features include the talent pipeline, personalizing analytics dashboard, and the outreach stats to track which versions of sequences work best.

Cons

One thing that I think could be improved is getting daily, weekly or monthly reports for analytics that people have run before so you don't have to go back every time you want to.

Reviewed on 15/11/2021

Gem is the champ in candidate outreach

Pros

Easy to use the product, makes outreach seamless!

Cons

The UI is a bit janky, could be a prettier design.

McKenzee
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 17/11/2022

Very Effective and Useful

Amazing.

Pros

Mass communication to candidates. Automatic completing of sequences. Gem saves a lot of time when initially contacting prospects.

Cons

I do not have something that I like the "least".

Response from Gem

Hi McKenzee, thank you so much for giving us a good review. We are happy to learn that Gem can save you time and increase efficiency in candidate communication.

Replied 18/11/2022
Moses
Moses

Reviewed on 20/07/2020

This product is truly a Gem!

As soon as you get full buy in from the team, Gem has been our source of truth for all things sourcing. We use it to gauge our diversity efforts as well as our overall top funnel recruiting activity.

Pros

We've used this product for about a yr now and it's our go to for all things sourcing. We use it to log Linkedin reach outs and of course send direct emails. The reporting is fantastic and I really rely on it to see how my team is doing.

Cons

They are still early in their lifecycles so sometimes things can break. We've had times when it stopped working but their team is quick about addressing the issue. Customer service can take a bit long to respond but again that might just be because they are scaling quite fast.