About KidKare

Kidkare is a cloud-based childcare management solution designed to help daycare centers and sponsors manage operations related to meal planning, admissions and Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) claim processing. Features...

Browse KidKare Reviews

Deshonda J.

Reviewed on 16/04/2021

Easy and Inexpensive

Overall it has been a great experience with KidKare. From planning meals to the accounting feature.

Pros

The different features such as expense tracking, invoicing, and printing off the reports.I like the ability to copy meals from one week to the next. This is good if you have alternating menus.

Cons

Since I have been using the software, it has helped me in my business. I currently do not have any cons.

Judy A.

Reviewed on 20/12/2018

Helpful Additions

I have not utilized the program to its entirity. It provides so many options to assist with the effieciency of the program and paperwork, taxes, record keeping.

I would like an in service or training on the options concerning tax record keeping, money and space, and daily record keeping. Management skills would be so much better if I made use of these management tools.

Pros

The software is easy to work through as information is added or deleted to a child's profile,
The software allows easy access to profiles, meal status, claim reviews and updates,
The message board and file is very helpful to review old and new information, and
The reminders as post are made is very helpful for meal entries.

Cons

Concern:
It may be the user; however, I have not been able to send messages via the software to the provider .

Rayna D.

Reviewed on 20/07/2018

I have been using KidKare as MMK then KK. It helps up keep track of everything pretty well.

Pros

Web based! Love that I can access it from my phone or tablet. I like that my teachers can login and complete attendance.

Cons

I hate the look of the invoices. The web address at the bottom confuses my clients, they try to login to it. I also don't like the look of the new invoices, they are small and crammed up into the top 2/3 of the page. I miss having a report to print for birthdays, emergency contacts, etc. I would also like to see a printable weekly attendance schedule. We fill in the hours the child is in care in their general info, the software should be able to print out a daily or weekly roster with those hours filled in. It helps to plan coverage since we are a ratio driven program.

Top KidKare Alternatives

Marlene M.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 03/01/2019

I have been extremely satisfied, minus all the small details! Thank you for all you do for us who provide for the young and old alike. God Bless and Happy New Year

Pros

When I started doing the food program online for my daycare, I was only able to do it on a computer and now that KidKare has taken over, it has made it possible to be able to still program all my meals but yet I can do it on the couch in the same room as the children as they sleep!! This was the biggest improvement to me since I was always stuck upstairs in my room while my family was spending time together. Customer support is amazing and the monitors that represent this area ( Wyoming) are phenomenal!

Cons

The big thing in the beginning from switching from webkids to this was that there was a button to select all kids instead of pressing each one. This made it difficult for me since I have a large number of kids most days, then I would depress the ones that weren't there for that day. Made it so much easier. Now, there is the sign in time for each child which takes extra time to do instead of just clicking on the child. I do everything at the end of the month all at once so having to do that is just another annoying step for me

Deanna H.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 13/01/2019

Your own personal accountant

Recording your meals and attendance couldn't be any easier. You can use your smart phone or computer to record your menus and attendance. Once I found out about the scheduled menus where you can save your frequently used meals, it became even easier. I like that at the end of each month, I can enter all my receipts, hours, and mileage. You can even do it weekly and save yourself HOURS, DAYS, WEEKS of preparing for taxes at the end of the year! I wish I would have signed up earlier and I could have saved myself all that time preparing. This makes it so much less scary when doing your own record keeping.

Pros

I like the ability to record all aspects of my business. Recording your meals served, kids attendance, and business expenses all in one software. It's very easy to keep organized, which for a lot of us is difficult since we don't have a lot of time to spend on ourselves when caring for the children.

Cons

I don't like that the software doesn't send notifications or reminders. Being a daycare provider, we are busy and having the ability to have the software send a reminder that you haven't logged in recently would be so helpful.

Verlynn A.

Reviewed on 28/12/2018

Food Ease

This program has saved me time from the old bubble sheets and also the time and cost of snail mailing everything into the sponsors.

Pros

It is easy to use. If you are missing a component on a page it won't let you save and continue until you figure it out. You can also do reports and correct any errors before it is sent to your sponsor. It also helps identify foods you should/should not be serving. Also, aids in serving sizes.

Cons

Sometimes when you hit a name or number the program jumps the screen causing you to have to scroll more than necessary.

Julie P.

Reviewed on 04/01/2018

Someone is making money hand over fist with this software and problems are still not being...

Pros

I like that it is a web-based program so it is accessible from any device when it is working correctly.

Cons

Accounting stuff never migrated over from Minute Menu when I was told it would. I don't trust that the program is adding up all my reports correctly so there fore I have to put extra time in entering it all into a program that is trust worthy. I have never been so scared to print reports for taxes as I am this year and I have been in the business for 15 plus years. When you do run reports it is 30 pages long when in Minute Menu it was at least half that. Consistently bumping me out and making me log back in every time I leave it sit idle for a little bit. Can not enter 2017 invoices or expenses after December 31, 2017. It will not let you change the date to a date in the previous year. Print button for reports is not available in all web browser. When you do get a report to print it prints a message on the top of the report about some kind of discrimination-which does not pertain to any report in KK. The program assumes when a child turns 5 years old that they are in school, which indeed they are not. So then we get disallowed meals because we claim them for all meals during the day. If you don't go back into child information and change it you are not being paid correctly from your food program. Never had to double check all of this stuff in Minute Menu. Can't run emergency numbers/pickup reports to have sitting by our phone like you could in Minute Menu. You get a spinning wheel many times when trying to enter things. No choice but to log out and come back in w/ problems

Dana H.

Reviewed on 16/12/2018

Taxes

I'm hoping that I will have some ease with taxes this year thanks to the program. If all turns out as expected, I will be helping fellow providers to use the program.

Pros

The ease of preparing for taxes has been amazing!

Cons

I dislike the colors on so many levels. The light blue is difficult to see even when the brightness on my lap top is 100%. Also, there's been several questions asked and the answers that came back were not helpful. I had to google answers. I should also have the option to leave as long of a comment on a bill/statement as I need to. I have to scroll to the bottom comments area to leave a lengthy comment.

Georgina M.

Reviewed on 11/06/2020

Comprehensive and Simple

Great experience. I find myself digging deeper to see if I can find additional helpful features.

Pros

The menu planning is great and has all of the options needed. Even someone who lacks food planning knowledge can find this software appealing.

Cons

Not having the option to print all reports in color if desired. Have the ability for color in the reports allows for distinguishing different categories of information.

Holly H.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 08/07/2018

Very slow to load but the program makes it easy to track childcare expenses.

It helps me track expenses and balance my budget.

Pros

It keeps my business records very organized. Makes it very easy to find tax information. I love keeping track of the food program and entering my meals in kidkare.

Cons

Slow to load. Timer just spins so often. I miss some of the features of minute menu such as being able to print an energency contact list and a birthday calendar.

Heather A.

Reviewed on 31/12/2018

KidKare Review

Pros

I like that the program is always available. Sometimes I'm so busy and I cant get to the computer right away, so I jot things down and log in later. The program is pretty easy to navigate and self explanatory.

Cons

I can't think of anything that I dislike about the software. I don't like how the rules and laws keep changing, but it has nothing to do with KidKare.

Daisy R.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Reviewed on 02/01/2019

KIDKARE IS GREAT!!

WHAT I LIKE IS THAT I CAN KEY IN WHAT TIME I CHOOSE BEFORE 12 AM. I ALSO, LIKE THAT I CAN TAKE ATTENDANCE WITH INSERTING WHAT I HAD FED THE CHILDREN. THIS IS A PROGRAM ALL IN ONE. I LOVE Kidkare!! THANK YOU

Pros

WHT I LIKE MOST IS THAT I NEVER HAVE TO DEAL WITH PAPER THAT WAS HURTING OUR FUTURE ENVIRONMENT. AT FIRST, I WAS NERVOUS USING A NEW TECHNOLOGY PROGRAM THEN ONCE I HAD GOT THE HANG OF IT AND HOW I CAN KEY IN AND FORMAT THINGS, I LEARNED TO APPRECIATE IT.

Cons

I HAVE NO COMPLAINTS AT THIS TIME, DONT CHANGE A THING.

Deborah C.

Reviewed on 28/12/2018

I really like that I can look up information on one a specific child easily. The overall program is easy to use.

Pros

I am not very good with a computer and this program is very easy to use. It is also easy to look up specific information with just a couple clicks of a button.

Cons

I have not had any problems with this program.

Angela W.

Reviewed on 18/12/2018

The Best Ever

I love KidKare because it alleviate paper and help with bookkeeping, it help with menu preparations and help me to create healthy meals for the children.

Pros

This software is convenient and save me time that I can spend with the kids.

Cons

This software often causes errors that causes reduction and delays in payments

Brooke C.

Reviewed on 09/07/2018

Always very helpful

Love being able to do it all on my phone

Pros

Very easy to navigate and submit daily meal records. I love that I am able do it all right in my phone.

Cons

Sometimes changes are done to the site that take time to get use to. There has been a few evenings that I wasn't able to get the site to load.

Melinda G.

Reviewed on 03/01/2019

Helpful Meals

I appreciate the privilege to use KidKare.

Pros

I enjoy the ease of recording my daily meals. I like that it tells me totals and I can read my details. I also enjoy the simplicity of the system.

Cons

I dislike the record time in/out option. It is a little time consuming and confusing.

Barbara C.

Reviewed on 04/01/2019

Kid Kare

have not had any problems thus far. thank you

Pros

I like that I am able to keep up with my childcare accounting in a professional easy to use manner

Cons

Not having access to lesson plans, certificates, and daily reports for my children as the previous Minute Menu provided these tools

Caroline E.

Reviewed on 06/01/2019

This is a must have for all daycare providers!!

It has allowed me to be much more organized in my business!

Pros

I love that my information is all in one place, and my accountant loves it too! It makes it so easy to do my bookwork and keep everything organized all year!

Cons

The program does glitch sometimes and freeze up on me- usually this is resolved by logging out and back in,, but it can be a bit annoying at times when you're trying to get bookkeeping done.

Stacy B.

Reviewed on 20/12/2018

Rating

I enjoy using Kidkare, it makes running my daycare business run just that much smoother!

Pros

Easy to use once you are familiar. Easy to navigate, if you have quest we can call DCR. They are very helpful.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about the software.

Corinme C.

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

After the change, I really thought it is user friendly. Change is always tuff in the beginning.

Pros

I like the record keeping. It makes it much easier at tax time. The meals and times of children in and out makes documenting easier. The program easily tracks meals daily.

Cons

Sometimes it runs slow but that may be on our end. It seems to run slow on the last days of the month when people are submitting their claims. I have not really found anything that I really dislike on the program.

Reviewed on 13/12/2018

Kid Care takes the stress out of meal planning

I have never had a issue with the KidKare software, it is always available when I need it

Pros

Kidkare software is so very easy to navigate, and it has so many informative places you can go to.

Cons

I do not have any issues with the KidKare software

Kathleen K.

Reviewed on 18/12/2018

KidKare is a Keeper

I love the accounting portion of KidKare, it's easy and fast.

Pros

I love that I can hand my parents their tax form on the last day of the year.

Cons

That you have to pay additional for the voice update of how the kids day is going.

Melvyna ann L.

Reviewed on 11/12/2018

I love KidKare

Love it, easy to use and it makes managing my meals a breeze.

Pros

I just love the ease when I use the the website to document my daycare meals daily. The website is AMAZING!!!!!!

Cons

NOT ONE CON!!!! I simply love the site

Caitlin V.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 25/04/2019

Good product

Pros

Easy to use on any device. Help site has many, many answers to common questions and issues.

Cons

Glitches prevent proper use of some features. But, customer support is quick to respond and provide solutions!

Frances F.

Reviewed on 12/12/2018

accounting

I love it, it makes running my daycare most easier.

Pros

How I can do my accounting and at the end of year just print out , to give it to my accountant. She also loves it.

Cons

I like the whole software and use it all.