About KidKare

Kidkare is a cloud-based childcare management solution designed to help daycare centers and sponsors manage operations related to meal planning, admissions and Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) claim processing. Features...

Browse KidKare Reviews

Isah A.

Reviewed on 30/11/2020

Love having an option for me to record my childcare suppers on the web

By and large: I love my experience the extent that my youngster care business goes. I have not utilized the bookkeeping programming yet I am thinking about pursuing that. As I expressed, the client support side is the main destruction up until this point. I haven't needed to utilize the client support for some time so I expectation it has improved.

Pros

I love the simplicity and accessibility on various gadgets to record my dinners and participation.

Cons

Customer administration is exceptionally moderate when you do require help...it takes days and once in a while weeks to find no solution most occasions. Extremely baffling no doubt.

Vickie C.

Reviewed on 28/08/2020

Great software!

I love this software, have used it and the previous one that it took over, Minute Menu.

Pros

I love how it tracks my expenses and the reports it generates, even birthday lists!

Cons

I would love to have an area for notes to update info on children as needed such as injuries, benchmarks for them, or NSF checks.

Larissa S.

Reviewed on 02/01/2019

Very useful tool

Love it! Owning a Family Child Care, it is a really helpful tool! It keeps hours, dates, not only meals but important information for a licensed daycare. ;)

Pros

It keeps a record of very important information and in case a licenser comes in, it can help.

Cons

It might not be very clear about some things.

Tamara E.

Reviewed on 19/11/2019

KidKare

Very good product and company. I’m not sure the recent pay increase was warranted though. Nothing new so not sure why the price went up. Our county agency mentioned this at a meeting.

Pros

I love the ease of use after you use it for a bit. You do have remember the exact name of the forms you need to print etc... overall very basic and easy to learn. Lots of video to explain as well. Customer service has grown greatly. I think their customer grew so rapidly they got overwhelmed in the beginning. Doing great now.

Cons

I wish their was a better defined drop drown list for files you need to copy each month for your own records. I’m still clicking around finding the forms. It’s prob just me but it can take a minute.

Debra G.

Reviewed on 07/12/2018

KidKare Saves Time

I have used it for sometime, 3 yrs I think or longer. I don't know what I would do without it. I am not the most organized person and this program makes it so easy.

Pros

It is easy to use and very helpful. I love that I put in my receipts and file them away. When tax time comes I just hit print on the forms I need and hand them to my tax guy and he does the rest. Stress-free.

Cons

I am not a huge fan of the parent pay portion. I send the invoice and it takes a full 7 days to post to my account. I would think with technology today that they could move this along much quicker. I only have one family that uses this feature because I don't pro-actively offer it due to the time it takes to post. It works great and is really nice to have and if it posted in 2-3 days I would probably request most if not all my parents to use this service.

Kelly T.

Reviewed on 09/12/2018

Great software!

It just makes keeping up with the report easier. I also wish it had just a spreadsheet to fill in parent's payments with a running total. I don't want invoices, etc.

Pros

I love the ease of completing the forms.

Cons

The only thing that I wish it did, which it says it does but it doesn't, is the ability to print the children's in/out times to compare with the food attendance report before submitting it. It has a print button but doesn't print anything. I also wish there was a report to check the child's meals versus the in/out time. I do the verify the in/out times but every once in a while I get an error on my claim report that says "child not present for meal."

Terri G.

Reviewed on 09/12/2018

KidKare Pros and Cons

All my business expenses are kept at my fingertips and it makes getting ready for tax time a breeeze.

Pros

Ease of use for keeping up with menus and meals. I have several menus saved and it is very quick and easy to call them up and make my weekly plans. I also love the fact that I can use the app on my phone and can do it from there as well.

Cons

The invoicing section was very nonfunctional the last time I tried to use it. Kept sending out duplicate invoices or none at all. that was awhile ago, I just have not gotten the courage to try it again.

Dawn F.

Reviewed on 12/12/2018

Days and minutes count

I am streamlining paperwork. I need as much time as possible w children. Anyway to streamline paperwork is advantageous. Support people are top notch..Know their product and are educational don;t seem like they are policing my business. Wish parents were educated more.

Pros

i can do on smart phone. it has pretty much all i need for my day. wish it had a list of credible w/g brands on this site. pain to go looking for in paperwork.

Cons

Only bad I can say is wish it I was more computer literate, seems so easy when I know the system. Not so easy when first attempting programs.

Sharon G.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 24/04/2019

15 years of change for the better

On the business side of KidKare, we experience less calls on how the software works and it has eased the process for the providers for day to day entry. They like being able to add pics of the daycare children to the enrollments. That is a nice feature.

Pros

That we now have the Sponsor view mode which limits keystrokes and saves time when assisting providers with navigation around the screens. A lot of providers just like for someone to talk them through the steps.

Cons

Not that I dislike it but i think the screens could use a little more color.

Jason K.

Reviewed on 17/10/2018

Simplify CACFP participation

The organization the program provides is unparalleled. Introducing the program to new participants is quite easy. Every individual who was hesitant about converting to KidKare are always so pleased they did and wished they had switched earlier.

The Help desk is fantastic if issues do arrise

Pros

The ease of use. The program prompts if you forget a step. Collects all pertinate information for CACFP participation.

Cons

Over the past year there were a few days of technical issue all seems to be working properly again and we are happily moving along

Nicole S.

Reviewed on 22/01/2019

Very friendly front Staff of KidKare and sponsor.

I notice several benefits, for instance the business account subscription. One day I plant to look into that benefit to use in my program.

Pros

The software is beneficial for providers to easily document menus and attendance. The copy paste feature makes it helpful to complete schedule menus.

Cons

What I like least about the software sometimes it is to time consuming. Brainstorm some different ways to make time shorter when it comes editing, adding meals, and clicking each child attendance.

Kim R.

Reviewed on 13/12/2018

My Experience Using KidKare

I love using KidKare ... Even though I write down each day's menus on my own forms, it's nice knowing I don't have to have copies of everything any more. One copy and it's done!

Pros

I like that it is easy to use - like all programs, it took a bit of getting used to but once I did, everything fell into a smooth transition. There are also parts of KidKare that I don't use because I keep records in a separate place on my computer, but it's nice knowing the option is available if I choose to change my record-keeping.

Cons

Apparently, the "Notes" on the bottom of each meal aren't viewable by my food rep. I wish these notes were available and viewable to everyone because if I miss noting something on a calendar, it would be nice to know there is a "back-up" of my notations.

Reviewed on 12/01/2019

KidKare.com

Pros

I'm completely computer illiterate!! I have no problem entering all of my information daily. It's super easy to follow and there's always help a phone call away.

Cons

I think the thing I like least is that you can't enter information the next day without assistance. Some days are so difficult to do everything required for life and the time is up to enter your meals. Very stressful.

Pamela S.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Reviewed on 03/01/2019

childcare

i'm able to track my parent's payments to me. i'm able to use the business part to track all my expenses and income. great for tax time!

Pros

it keeps all my records in one place so I can easily look things up

Cons

i do not like the automated payment system. i don't like the way it takes so long for a payment to be credited to my account. the day of invoice is usually the due date. i give 5 days to allow payments to be processed. if my client misses the invoice for some reason they will be late with the payment due to the 5 days it takes to process.

Dana G.

Reviewed on 18/12/2018

Great Software

Love It!!!!

Pros

I really enjoy how fast and easy you can work with the app on any device. I have never had any difficulties with the software and SWHD can fix any issue that I have had in the past. I highly recommend this software to providers.

Cons

Time to Time the software will run slow due to high usage but nothing major.

Christine D.

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

saves so much time

I don't have to use paper menus and I can always go back to check my work

Pros

all children's information is recorded so I don't have to enter their info everyday. It keeps trackof their birthday. Choices of food are easy tomake

Cons

takes a few seconds for meal to be saved. I'm usually in a hurry and when I enter meal I usually get an error message.

Denise S.

Reviewed on 10/12/2018

Best Food Program Software for Childcare Providers

I appreciate that everything is in one place, I can access with my phone or another computer if need be, and great to be able to print W-10's for families at year end!

Pros

Very easy to use, improvements updated as needed, offers accounting option for continuity.

Cons

Sometimes you have to log out and back in to switch between accounting and meal recording.

Kristin S.

Reviewed on 10/12/2018

KidKare

We have used other programs and this is by far the easiest to use, and accurate. With the ability to run reports we can see any issues or concerns long before they become an issue. We also love the fact that we can track and run reports of our choosing anytime. It is also super simple to use and keep up on all our daily tasks!

Pros

It is easy to use. Overall the easiest system we have used, We don't use all the options at this time. I think for the attendance, reports, food tracking are all amazing. Very minor issues if any!

Cons

You can't always see the drop down boxes options. To have a scroll option would be great and sometimes the words used don't match what I am putting in.

Victoria D.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 05/07/2020

KidKare

I'm not having any problem with kidkare. It's the product differences.

Pros

I love being a mom. This product is helpful because the service offers incentives on being better at kids.

Cons

I don't dislike much about the product. It's easier to read and know then too play and forget, understand.

Sarah M.

Reviewed on 08/01/2019

Appreciate

The functions I use are helpful and time saving. I also appreciate the monthly option to pay.

Pros

I appreciate being able to use the app function in my phone. It’s amazingly convenient.

Cons

I do no not have any thing I like least about this program. I really enjoy the opportunity to use it each day.

Kim M.
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 11/12/2018

Excellent Resource

It has been an excellent business saver time and money wise. I am so grateful for the wonderful resource it has been to my large home daycare. Thank you.

Pros

No cost for organizing your daily meals. It is so simple to use and takes very little time.

Cons

Having to check the children in for the first meal.

Beata P.

Reviewed on 02/01/2019

Curiosity

I haves good experience with kick are so far.

Pros

That. Most or all the information the providers need are here to use. Also is very convenient.

Cons

The fact that we have to put in the information on the same day, not giving the option to do it later on especially when we are too busy.

Stacey M.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Reviewed on 15/01/2019

I like using KidKare!

It really has helped me organize my food planning.

Pros

The overall ease and organization is brilliant.

Cons

When enrolling a new student, I can't go back and change certain things. I have to get it right the first time. I don't always get it right the first time.

Sandra U.

Reviewed on 15/12/2018

Its fast

I like it because I do not have more problems like when I did it on paper

Pros

Easy at any time, also I can plan the menu for weeks or month so I can spend more time teaching the kids.

Cons

well I did not have any problems with web-kids, so is nothing I disagree.

Dawn D.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 08/12/2018

Grateful Daycare Provider

The greatest benefit is time saved from having to do the manual forms. A click here and a click there and you are done. Very user friendly and a big time saver.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use and utilize.

Cons

I have yet to uncover anything I do not like about it.