Benchmark Email Reviews

About Benchmark Email

Benchmark Email is a cloud-based email marketing platform. It offers email templates for different occasions and events. It helps users manage email campaigns. It provides Email signup forms on website, blog and social media to...

4.2
4.1

Browse Benchmark Email Reviews

Bruno
Bruno

Reviewed on 18/11/2021

A good option, but not the best option

I provide consultancy as a freelancer for the implementation and operation of IT and marketing services for self-employed professionals and small retailers, such as lawyers, dentists and real estate agencies. In order to find a tool to use as a standard for mail marketing, I recently tested Benchmark mail, but I decided not to stick with it.

Pros

Clean, intuitive interface, user doesn't need to learn anything. Just log in and start using. For what it offers, it has a lower monthly price than competitors of the same level.

Cons

I needed customer service support and my issue took days to get answered and resolved. Furthermore, although it is possible to create campaigns, newsletters and customer journeys through automation, on other platforms this can be done in a much more intuitive way.

• Industry: Media Production

Happy customer

Overall I enjoy using it very much.

Pros

Unlike other email programs, benchmark allows me to send as many emails as I need without having to pay extra. I think benchmark is one of the only platforms that allows me to pay on the basis of the number of records and add the number of emails that I send.

Cons

Sometimes there is massive delays in receiving test emails.

Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to Benchmark Email

Because they charge you by the number of emails that you send. benchmark does not do that.

Response from Polaris Software

Hello Michael,

Thank you for your review.

Please don't doubt to chat with us if you're encountering issues with our test emails. We'll be glad to help.

- Benchmark Team

Ranjan

Reviewed on 12/06/2019

Using Benchmark for last 8-9 years

Excellent - till a year back
Poor - since the last few months (just unacceptable)
Unless there is restoration of Benchmark used to be, we will stop using the platform

Pros

Ease of use ... pro-active helpdesk
This has been reason that we have been using the platform for so many years

Cons

There has been a serious deterioration in the quality of the platform. Delivery rates have dropped upto by about 90-95% of what it used to be. Frivolous checks have been introduced that even your helpdesk is helpless to explain. Currently the platform as good as useless for us and already we have started working parallel to other platforms where are getting similar results that we used to get using Benchmark.

All our emails through your platform is directed only to our clients or prospective clients who have signed with us to receive communication from us.

Response from Polaris Software

Hi Ranjan,

We're sorry to hear that you feel this way. Email is a constantly evolving medium and we work hard to keep our processes up-to-date with best practices to ensure deliverability.

While I don't have the information I need to identify your account and speak to the issues at hand, if you would contact our support team via phone, chat and email, we can review your account to see where we may be able to help.

- Benchmark Team

Replied 10/07/2019

Top Benchmark Email Alternatives

Ilenia

Reviewed on 29/04/2024

The Ideal Email Marketing Solution

Pros

Content management and handling email marketing is easy. It is smooth and easy to manage

Cons

With Benchmark Email, it is all smooth. No serious cons.

Noel

Reviewed on 21/02/2022

Easy to use email marketing software

Excellent customer service right from the get go

Pros

I like that Benchmark is clean looking and easy to navigate. You can create an email in no time.
I like the email templates.

Cons

I don't like that I have to create a segment to email a few people in my list.
Also my current website doesn't integrate with Benchmark to save emails. They said they were working on that feature, however. So not Benchmark issue.

Constant Contact and MailerLite

Reasons for Choosing Benchmark Email

MailChimp isn't easy to use and has virtually no customer service. I'm a yoga instructor, not an IT specialist

Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to Benchmark Email

No fuss interfaces and easy to use for my small business. Plus I was connected with a very helpful sales rep
Laura

Reviewed on 06/09/2019

Great Software!

With Benchmark I'm able to communicate with all of my clients, inform them about new deals, and work to promote my business well. Not only that, but Benchmark also provides us with valuable statistics about how our well our email was received.

Pros

This software is extremely organized and user friendly. I am able to navigate my emailed newsletters with ease and convey everything in one place.

Cons

There isn't much I don't enjoy about this product. I will admit there is a bit of a learning curve to the formatting; however, once you get the hang of it it is smooth sailing.

Andrei

Reviewed on 06/05/2024

Benchmark Email

Is a great app, everything works great and support is helpful.

Pros

Setting up the account is easy, it has an intuitive user interface and starting the first campaign was very easy. The builder is optimized very good for mobile device as almost all users use the phone the most. Support is super and fast, they do a great job.

Cons

Beside the price I can't say there are any cons.

Mathew
Mathew

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

simple yet powerful

Pros

benchmark provides a great WYSIWYG editor - much better than most and all of the preset templates are fully responsive. Navigation is simple, the layout is clean, and the reporting functionality is great. seamless automation mapping makes setting up automated campaigns a breeze. GREAT customer service is also a bonus.

Cons

Like most email marketing suites, it can get pricey as subscribership grows a there are lower cost alternatives available but they lack the functionality that benchmark offers. image storage is limited to 10mb without upgrading to unlimited for an additional five a month. Deliverability is ok but could be further improved but is getting better.

Response from Polaris Software

Thanks for the review Mathew. We have worked countless hours to get the editor where it's at. It makes our day to read a comment like this :). At this time, email delivery is our top priority and we look forward to continuously improve our sending methods for best delivery to the inbox. Thank you for choosing Benchmark and for taking the time to write this review.

Replied 12/07/2018
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 23/05/2019

good service, some good features, needs photo editor and interface improvement

Good - I use it often to communicate with prospective camp families and staff!

Pros

the email editor is excellent, and the open/click tracking is very good.

Cons

the built-in photo editor is poor. simple things are missing, like rounded corners, circle mask, edge blur and erosion...

The interface is very “clicky” - there are multiple clicks where one will do (e.g. Adding contacts), and pathways you need to click through over and over again (e.g. Look at unopens, resend to unopens). An interface once-over could save hundreds of clicks.

Delivery rates seem to have improved, but were low in Fall 2018. Also AOL seems inclined to auto-mark Benchnark as spam, which Benchmark then lowers your rating for! I had to remove all AOL addresses.

Response from Polaris Software

Hello John,

Thanks for the feedback.

Whenever you have a moment, chat with us and let us know about these issues, they seem as if they're isolated to your account.

• Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 24/05/2019

GOOD TOOL FOR MAILS

Pros

Very easy to use. A lot of grids. You can make an email insert images, documents in few minutes.

Cons

More grids and a liitle program to format images will be fine

Response from Polaris Software

Hello David,

Thanks for your high rating.

We're always working on improving our features. Image editor is one of them.

- Benchmark Team

Marcy
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 30/05/2019

Great list management and decent email software

Benchmark helps us communicate with our clients in a way that is both easy for us to use and easy on the eyes (for clients).

Pros

Creating and using lists is very easy, especially with the new upgrades! Adding contacts to lists works well with various options. I tend to upload excel files to make new lists, very easy within Benchmark.

I do like that it's easy to merge lists -- and that the software only accepts one contact (if that contact is already on the merge to list).

Somewhat easy to use when creating emails -- selecting blocks and design [but the source code isn't as easy to decipher and use (my commands do not seem to "take").] Using attachments and links and media is pretty easy as well.

The reports (opens, click thrus etc) are very good! [However with the new interface, it's not as easy to back-track to the original Email Report (I find myself having to choose again from the report list).]

Cons

I don't really like that I can't "re-send" emails on my own schedule (not have to wait 1 week after last send).

Also, emails from Benchmark DO get caught up in Junk Spam Trash Promotions folders of recipients and we do need to remind them (often) to check for their email.

Also, when "copying" an email to use and re-name as a new email, I do not like that the software selects the "old" contact list to also mail to -- I've mistakenly sent emails to old contact lists and that was not a good thing in my situation.

Response from Polaris Software

Hello Marcy,

Thanks for your feedback.

Whenever you have a moment, chat with us and let us know about your concerns, we'll be glad to assist you.

- Benchmark Team

Brian
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Hits the Mark!

We are a Provincial Health Authority covering an area roughly the size of France, and current health related information is critical to our subscribers. Benchmark resolved an issue of timely, wide reach that we had been trying to resolve.

Pros

The best part of this software is the ability to plan the reach in advance so our contacts are kept 'in the know' even when the editor is otherwise occupied with meetings, conferences, etc. We have three separate weekly and bi weekly going out to three different audiences, covering 2,500 individual contacts, and we can pre-populate weeks in advance and backfill where necessary at the last min, or just let the information go as scheduled.

Cons

The learning curve was steep, but short. We had a couple of false starts to begin with, but learned from our errors.
Line spacing can be an issue. Even when the preview shows single spaced sometimes the publication comes out 1.5 or double spaced - not a big problem for our use, but we get some calls from our constituents about "weird formatting".

Response from Polaris Software

Hello Brian,

Thank you for your feedback and great rating.

Chat with us to help you with the formatting of your email, sometimes something as small as copying and pasting can affect the format.

- Benchmark Team

Replied 04/06/2019
Hasnain
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 31/05/2019

Great Service

The software overall is great. It allows me import the contacts I want in any way I want, create emails, schedule or send emails out immediately and even has analytics for the emails that have been sent out.

Pros

When creating an email, it is ever so easy. There are many templates to choose from and if you don't want a template you don't have to use one!
I can create an email within minutes as the click and drop feature allows me to have my email layouts exactly the way I want it.

Cons

Some of the templates I am unable to add things to. For example, there was a template with a blank space for aesthetic reasons. I would have much rather place an image in the area, however I couldn't. There isn't many negatives I can comment on this software as it is brilliantly done.

Response from Polaris Software

Hello Hasnain,

Thanks for the great feedback.

Next time you're working on a template and need assistance, let us know!

- Benchmark Team

Mohammed

Reviewed on 31/05/2019

Email feedback from

Average

Pros

Good for normal email campaign and good that BM has inbuilt list of unsubscribe and invalid contats

Cons

Not at all suitable for heavy automation no form for opt out like mail chimp offer

Response from Polaris Software

Hello Mohammed,

Thank you for the feedback.

Whenever you have a moment, chat with us and ask us about our Manage Subscription form and share with us other concerns you may have.

- Benchmark Team

Jeetendraa
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 24/05/2019

Best for email marketing

Its good and price effective.

Pros

Very easy to use.As you don't require a trained staff to work on benchmark.

Cons

More templates to be included. As for travels there are very few. You must include new templates in every 2/3 months. So that we dont use the same templates again and again. Also templates options for Indian Festivals.

Response from Polaris Software

Hello Jeetendraa,

Thank you for the review and high rating.

We will take into consideration the templates request.

- Benchmark Team

Ian
  • Industry: Publishing
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 13/04/2020

A Very Good Auto-responder That Fits My Needs

Pros

What I like most about the software is when I signed up it was free up to the first two thousand subscribers and still allows the feature of having an auto-responder on it. This is very helpful to someone when you're first starting out, as an independent self-published author you need something that can send a lead magnet/free gift to get people to sign up to your email list, a lot of the other email list providers don't allow for the auto-responder aspect unless you use a paid version of their software.

Cons

As of yet, I can honestly say I haven't found anything difficult with using Benchmark or that there's anything missing or needs to be improved on. It's hard to complain about the free email account when you're starting out.

• Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 23/05/2019

We have been using it for a long time

Pros

This software is practical to use in a daily v

Cons

The e-mail sender is always changing so the receiver can not record the e-mail address in is non spam list.

Response from Polaris Software

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

Whenever you have a moment, please chat with us, we'd love to assist you on the email sender matter.

- Benchmark Team

• Industry: Entertainment
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Benchmark Email Saves me money

Benchmark email saw this my problem of keeping in contact monthly with my clients. I find that I’m able to keep my name in front of them and distribute information to them very efficiently. When I relied on mailings I did it much less frequently and it cost a lot more. Paying yearly reduces the fee so much that it’s a no brainer not to use benchmark. And I’ve tried to lease three other services. I found all the others are use more difficult to create and do the emails and much more expensive .

Pros

Benchmark software allows me to easily create catchy emails to keep in contact with my clients . I can easily create emails and track it’s openings and click rates.

Cons

The software is very good occasionally since I do a lot of my work on the iPad I may have the occasional issue where I need to get on the laptop to do something. But that issue is usually because I’m on an iPad not a PC .

Response from Polaris Software

Hi,

Thank you for your review and high rating.

We would love to hear your feedback on what part of our email editor is not responsive enough to use your iPad. We're always looking to improve our platform features.

- Benchmark Team

LaToya
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 23/05/2022

Benchmark

Overall, initially Benchmark was OK. The business problem I was solving with this product was sending out email campaigns.

Pros

The feature I liked the most about Benchmark Email was the automated email campaign.

Cons

The main issue I had with Benchmark was the deliverance of my emails. For some reason, once my emails were sent out, according to the report in Benchmark, emails were not being opened. That was very strange that none of my emails were being opened.

Constant Contact
Shawn

Reviewed on 11/06/2019

Benchmark E-mail for Marketing E-Blasts

Generally positive. It's our main e-mail blast marketing tool.

Pros

List management is very user friendly. That's the biggest plus for me. Easy to integrate sign-up forms.

Cons

Sometimes the builder (drag and drop, not HTML) is a little buggy. It seems to be getting better.

Response from Polaris Software

Thank you for your review! In regards to your concern sometimes something as simple as copy and pasting can affect the builder. Here's a link to our knowledgebase on the topic: https://cutt.ly/OYkx3c. If you have any other questions or concerns you can always reach our to our support team here: https://cutt.ly/JYkEvz

- Benchmark Team

Replied 10/07/2019
Eduardo

Reviewed on 06/09/2022

My Review

Good enough in order to be used for E-Mail Marketing

Pros

It has many Features for e-mail marketing

Cons

It does not offer a trial with enough amount of e-mails included...it offers a very limited features for it and people needs to check quality on this matter first (sometimes)

Brevo and SendPulse

I did not do that
Laura
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Simplified E-mail Communications

We've been using it for years, with very few issues.

Pros

Generally, it's very easy to use, and very intuitive. I love the fact that I can remove the Benchmark logo so that I'm not advertising Benchmark, but promoting our company's products instead.

Cons

Once in a while, it can get quirky, and not let me set things up exactly as I'd like. In those instances, Customer Support has been helpful to resolve issues.

Response from Polaris Software

Hello Laura,

Thank you for the review.

- Benchmark Team

Robert
  • Industry: Newspapers
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 15/02/2024

First I tested it and stopped using it

Pros

It was easy to setup and get the campaigns going.

Cons

The price is not lowest one for this kind of software.

Zoho Mail

Response from Polaris Software

We are happy that you are finding it simple to launch your email marketing campaigns with Benchmark Email. It's our goal to empower marketers with simple tools that get results.

Replied 16/02/2024
Peter

Suits my needs

It provides direct contact to people who want to hear from me-I like that.

Pros

It is easy for me to get out my message. I don't use all facets of it but it does what I need.

Cons

Once in a while I have to mess around with images but I generally get it figured out.

Response from Polaris Software

Hello Peter,

Thanks for your feedback.

Images are a big part of Email Marketing campaigns, we're working on always providing the best experience. Let us know whenever you need assistance.

- Benchmark Team

• Industry: Entertainment
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 20/09/2022

Used for our monthly investor updates

Great! Just annoying to have emails go to spam.

Pros

I liked how simple it was to create email groups, template emails and email campaigns. It's literally the easiest one to use and I used MailChimp for a long time before switching to Benchmark.

Cons

My emails would often go to Junk. I even "warmed up" my email, but I still had problems.