About Jonas Enterprise

Jonas Enterprise is an intuitive, integrated solution for contractors that has been present in construction and service management for over 25 years. The application offers service, accounting, and operations project management...

Browse Jonas Enterprise Reviews

137 of 212,076 reviews
Dave G.

Reviewed on 28/08/2011

We have used Jonas for over 1 1/2 years. However, we have recently changed to another software company. The reason we went to Jonas was because our previous system was DOS based and did not have a strong service package. We have a fast growing service department which has increased from approximately 15 techs to over 30 techs in the last 5 years.

After reviewing multiple companies we felt Jonas was the best selection for service. However, there was a problem with Jonas on the contracting side. We could not "trust" our numbers. The program would give us different amounts for the same project. It really had problems in retention amounts that differed from 10% retention.

I think that some of the problem was our input. It was not easy and for whatever reason we decided (for Jonas) that we should have decentralized inputting of information. Therefore we had project managers inputting information. In the past that was always a function of support staff.

Another negative is that they are a Canadian company and the way they perform some of their business practices are different than what we perform. The function and terminology is different. The people are extremely helpful, however.

The positives about Jonas is that our service liked the service options available. If you have a service company that does not have a large contracting base I think they would be OK. There is a lot of information in Jonas that can be used to analyze your company. There are also some very good items like the hand held devices and customer information feed back loops, customer scheduling and a very good dispatch board.

Response from Kevin

Thank you for the review. We appreciate the acknowledgment of the decision to decentralize the inputting of data. We found that we did have some minor issues but it was the incorrect inputting of data that created the imbalance. We have reviewed this and according to other clients using the same modules, the Jonas job cost retention functionality balances and is sound, the data is trustworthy. Additionally, in regards to Jonas Software being a Canadian Company, we are actually worldwide and a majority of our clients are located in the US. Although our head office is located in Toronto, we are experienced in successfully dealing with our U.S. clients for over 20 years.

Replied 14/09/2011
Anita J.

Reviewed on 17/01/2019

Seems to be lots of issues that are unexplainable by service department.

I hate getting the answer of we will fix it but can't explain why it happened. I am the type of person that likes to know why something is happening. Payroll fixes are one of those issues. When I remove something it should be removed not partly removed and then have to have a Jonas tech take the information out completely and start over. Also when I call in it seems that the people that call back are new and have no idea what they are doing and I have to waste time looking for the payroll individual when time is a factor.

Pros

Easy to get around for the most part. Search function works good but needs more detail. Easy to start a case.

Cons

Fixes seem harder than they should be and when I call in for help on a time sensitive matter the person helping doesn't seem to know what I am talking about.

Paula A.

Reviewed on 21/06/2019

Long Time User

I have been very satisfied and happy with Jonas. Their improvements and new ideas every year are very beneficial to my company. In the beginning of our purchase of Jonas, project management was new, and since then ( almost 10 years ago), it has come such a long way, and has continuous improvements. The changes and the growth that has been made over the last 10 years has made my company more productive, has allowed us to analyze, keep track of certain important items ( job related, and human resource related) and help us grow our company, since we know we can handle any situation internally.

Pros

There are many things I love about Jonas. Here's just a few

1. The structure of the entire software, for example, how the trial balance ties into the general ledger, which then can tie into your job costing and your work orders. In addition to consolidating financial statements.

2. When a mistake is made, you can not delete it. It's there for good. You can fix it, but not delete it. This actually helps when needing to figure something out months later.

3. Job costing module, especially for gross profit analysis. This is very robust module, and works amazing to analyze on a company basis or at a job level basis.

4. Restrictions or an individual user, or a group of users. There are not only restrictions by module, but by button, by job etc. Security and restrictions for administrators all the way to super intendents is great. There have been many times where we have allowed a project manager to do something, and then we realized they shouldn't have access, and we made the change instantaneously.

Cons

There isn't much that I dislike about Jonas, but there are a couple of items I believe need improvement:

1. Procedures on how to do a specific task, including tricks and short cuts. There is an online module for all procedures, but doesn't give you everything.

2. Jonas Contacts, not very easy to use. Understanding where to create a contact ( job related or non job related), where the contacts are kept, as well as needing more people in my company to understand how to use it.

Top Jonas Enterprise Alternatives

Katelynn W.

Reviewed on 02/08/2018

I am Happy Long-term Client that has been using Jonas since 2001

Great trainers who are very knowledgeable and professional. They work with us to troubleshoot any issues we are having with prompt response time!

Pros

We found Jonas easy to learn because they have THE BEST trainers and customer support. We have gotten to know that staff over the years and they are awesome! Doesn’t matter if we have big or small questions - they are always willing to help us. We use the system for A/R, A/P, G/L, Payroll, Project Management, Service Management, Inventory, and Equipment. The reporting is the best part because we are able to fully drill down and see how all projects are doing at any point in time. We’ve also been able to grow our service management side because of their Dispatch Board and the mobile solution. We love it!!! And last but not least, the payroll makes my life so much easier, having both union and non-union – this makes it a breeze. As a Union Electrical Contractor working in over ten different locals in California, this is imperative to have this functionality. Jonas Software has changed the way the company operates, saving time, making things more organized, and more proficient. Jonas is always listening to clients and they truly care and live up to their promise of being a partner rather than just a provider. We are able to have full insight into our business and we’ve been able to grow because of the software!

Cons

At this time I can not think of any cons.

Mike G.

Reviewed on 29/10/2019

Well worth the time and money you put into the software

Overall we are very pleased! We use EMobile to handle all of our service technicians and the construction package, general ledger, payroll and A/R are all solid packages.

Pros

Great flexibility once you learn how to use it! Put the effort in ahead of time and during setup, get the buy in from your staff and given a little time you will have a solid package that is able to be tailored to your business. We were able to eliminate separate data bases we were keeping on different platforms due to the limitations of our previous software package!

Cons

Report writer could be a little more robust but overall it is not difficult to get the information you need from the system

Lesa P.

Reviewed on 25/04/2018

11 Years of Loyality!!

When we first came on board with Jonas in 2007 we had some issues being an excavation contractor in Pennsylvania with the state Prevailing wages, taxes, etc. but Jonas worked through those issues with us and now I highly recommend them!! I have been on many different software packages and Jonas is my favorite!!

Pros

Have always loved the support and ease of logging a support call. Staff is very knowledgeable!! Updates are easy to load. Jonas listens to clients needs for any changes that benefit the client.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about Jonas. I have never had any thing to complain about with them. Everything is great!

Cindy V.

Reviewed on 04/04/2017

After some training it is a very indepth easy to use program

The customer support are amazing and really know their product!!!

Pros

The customer support whenever you have an issue, question or concern is outstanding, when you log a case they get back to you very quickly.

Cons

The system can be a little overwhelming if you do not have some training, but once you have been working with it for awhile (if you have worked with other accounting software) it is very user friendly at least for the general areas of each module. If you search in the tutorials Jonas is quite good at supplies assistance for most of the modules.
Therefore I can not really find a con.

Nick H.

Reviewed on 04/12/2018

We have been using Jonas Enterprise just over 6 years. Not happy with the product. Unfortunatel...

low budget product

Pros

Unfortunately we spent to much money on this product. I honestly can't think of any pros. we went with this product initially because it was a Canadian company and they would have a better handle on the accounting piece. our accountants think the software isa joke.

Cons

- Currently the it runs on a data base that no one uses, out dated. the company does a great job marketing the product but once you start using it, you will come to discover its not that good. Some examples:
Job names, contract numbers, part numbers etc , only allow a limited number of characters. some times client PO's or contract numbers are 15-20 characters or more and the field doesn't allow for more than 12.
- Many more to list, will probably run out of room.
- Support is not good.
- document control does not sync well, cannot drag and drop items from document management or emails back and forth
- EBI always go down.
- design your own forms has many limitations not customizable
- project scheduler is not customizable
- dispatch scheduler does not sync smoothly with the software
- e-mobile is a joke, not customizable
- no automatic update functionality for the software. has to been done manually. have to end all service to update and restart server.
- maintenance fees are very expensive, not worth it

John E.

Reviewed on 16/02/2017

Jonas Construction

cumbersome and not very user friendly
reporting is terrible

Pros

complete set of modules

Cons

reporting and user interface and ease of use

Response from Ashley

Hi John,

I’m really sorry about the pain you’ve been experiencing. I know that an apology doesn’t make up for what you are going through, but we have been trying to get in touch with you but haven’t been able to reach you.
We did notice that you are currently on an older version of Jonas and not utilizing a lot of the modules that Jonas has to offer and believe that this might be the root cause of some of the issues you are experiencing.
Our newer versions have a different user interface and are included free of charge with your annual maintenance fee.
We do apologize and hope you have some time to connect so we are able to work through this and build a strong successful partnership.
Please feel free to call me back at 1(888)789-9073 ex. 2504 and we will schedule a complimentary system review.
We’ll keep trying to get in touch with you if we don’t hear back!

Ashley Pagliaro,
Manager, Account Management,

Replied 28/02/2017
Chris B.

Reviewed on 08/01/2019

Jonas is a great all in one system

Pros

This software works great to tie all aspects of your business back into one central module. It covers 90% of what you need in day to day business.

Cons

There are a number of small issues or oversights that the support team really does not have answers for, you are basically left to live with these. For example on the job invoice template there is no second comma seperator, there is also no line for subtotal after holdback, we were forced to pay for a custom form design to add what should be a standard feature. The scheduling module is lacking and needs some work.

Kathleen O.

Comprehensive Program

Pros

This program is easy to navigate and is very user-friendly. We have people with a variety of levels of accounting knowledge that use the program without issue. The ability to adapt the program to various enterprises has made this program a favorite with our Board.

Cons

It is difficult to have a "like least" facet of the program, as I like all aspects. The customer service is great, the program is adaptable to various industries, and has different modules to meet the needs of a growing company.

Luke V.

Reviewed on 08/01/2019

Best Integrated Software

Pros

- Very robust reporting, and easy to customize reports
- Easy to use and easy for new employees to learn
- Support is pretty quick at resolving any technical issues
- Everything is integrated, accounting, scheduling, project management, time entry in the field
- Jonas really understands the industry

Cons

They are always developing and releasing new modules. I'm always excited to see new modules being released. Currently waiting for geofencing to be added to Field Time.

Britney S.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 08/04/2021

Do not purchase

Terrible. The customer service is not friendly and they blame you for everything that doesnt work or they give you a work around a work around a work around and they NEVER give you a valid reason why the modules never work correctly!

Pros

The sales team promotes things that do not exist in this software. They told us the software does everything we need it to do and it definetly does not.

Cons

Nothing works correctly EVER. I process payroll weekly and constantly have to double check sometimes triple check what the software does and does not do. PO system does not work like they told us it does. We can't put in a full invoice number from our vendors because of the character limit. Fixing things in Jonas is near impossible.

Response from Jonas Construction Software

Hi Britney,
Thanks for voicing your opinion here. As a software consumer, I can appreciate a situation where I expect software to work a certain way, and then it doesn't.
We'd really like to work with you on this and do our best to provide you with a software you can be satisfied with.
I understand my colleagues have been in contact with you and we're hopeful we'll be able to help out.

Oren Falkovitz,
Marketing Manager,

Replied 11/05/2021
Kristi O.

Reviewed on 08/05/2017

Clunky, Inefficient, Outdated

Pros

I have enjoyed working with the VP Business Development, hopefully he will be able to move us forward and enable us to give a better review in the future.

Cons

Many of the screens are not linked for example I had to search an invoice but couldn't jump from that invoice to the Work Order associated with it, I had to go out of the A/R area and then into the Service Billing area. It takes a LONG time to run reports. One report that I need to run twice a month takes 3 hours. We have owned one module for 3 years and have not been able to implement it due to certain set-up items in our system but we have still been charged every year for this module and no one at Jonas has been concerned that we are not using it.

Christine R.

Reviewed on 19/03/2015

Good system

Pros

I like that I can call technical support or email anytime and get a case number, and have a live person call me back to help me with my issue.

Cons

Sometimes there are updates to modules that were working fine change, and I wish they would stay the way they were. In example, with this new update, the customer inquiry is different and not as easy to read as it was before.

Mel K.

Excellent software

Pros

The software is very easy to navigate and learn. I love the report generators!
When I need help with something, the Jonas team is always just a phone call away.

Cons

Nothing. I find it very easy to use and have nothing to complain about.

Sean S.

Reviewed on 11/09/2009

Review of Jonas from Sean Schmidt at R.M. Schmidt Inc.

New Interface and it would be PERFECT!

Pros

Customer Support is OUTSTANDING! We are treated as friends and partners in business NOT as a Customer#!

Software does everything we need NOW and everything we need it to do as we grow in the future. If something is missing, Jonas wants to know, they are eager and willing to make any and all changes to the software to continue meeting their customers needs.

Cons

Interface is not as friendly as it should be! It is intense and robust software and to most people other than an IT person, it can be VERY intimidating. Needs a simple user friendly interface for normal people with the ability for the more savvy user to go deeper if needed.

Response from Jonas Construction Software

Sean, We are all over the User Interface issue. Jonas should have a new face for Version 12!
Thank you for the review! Glad you are happy. See you at the User Group.

Replied 11/09/2009
Michelle G.

I love Jonas

Pros

It's a great product! It's easy to use and easy to understand. Jonas support is very good.

Cons

There really isn't anything that I don't like. The software is an excellent product.

Tammy A.
2.5

Reviewed on 03/03/2015

Customer support is terrible

Pros

Accounts payable module works, but any accounting software can do that.

Cons

I have been using this software for the past 7 years and find the support staff doesn't really know what they are doing. When you finally get to a programmer (which typically takes days), they fix the problem. Not always. Then if you do have a procedural question, the help manuals are impossible to navigate to the specific spot you need help with. So again you call support and your question get put onto log. Lately it takes over a day to get a phone call back. It's not helpful at all, and it's frustrating really.

Corey J.

Reviewed on 05/06/2017

Comprehensive Software

Pros

Jonas provides many modules of an ERP system. The electronic timesheets module is excellent! Remote users can easily enter their time from anywhere they have access to the internet.

Cons

The user interface of the inventory management component is a bit dated. Need to move to web based platform.

Courtney P.

Reviewed on 16/05/2019

Jonas Review

I use Jonas, Field Time and EBI, overall it has been a good experience.

Pros

Jonas is very user friendly and sleek looking.

Cons

Cons are the reporting.
I do not like that layout of the reporting and the functionality of working in the reports.

Jennifer M.
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 06/04/2018

Overall a comprehensive database and services

Pros

Has all of the features that you would expect of a comprehensive database and easy to learn how to use.

Cons

When making changes or upgrading the version, it has not always been smooth. It took a group of individuals working together to fully understand the changes that were included in the new version.

• Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 22/09/2019

Dated but Functional

At the end of the day this software does what it needs to do. From an administration perspective it can be difficult to manage.

Pros

Jonas software is reliable and gets the job done. The functions of the software meets the business need.

Cons

This software tends to be rather finnicky to get running in any environment. Frequent issues are often frustrating to resolve with support. Their reps tend to be hit and miss I've dealt with very helpful and completely useless support agents when reaching out for help.

Lisa M.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 18/03/2014

Jonas Construction Software

Pros

Ease of use; whether your company is large or small, to me, it is a great program.

Cons

The one thing I think that they could consider is the amount of audit trails. Sometimes, printing them is not necessary, and there should be an option to print or not to print; just a thought.

Judy A.

Reviewed on 16/08/2011

Jonas Software's strengths include a low learning curve and a system that's easy to use. Reports are easy to write, and allow management team members to have at their fingertips the tools they need to make decisions. Fully integrated capability gives the entire team up-to-date information at any time it's needed.

The system's weaknesses include slow run time for reports, and no job cost scheduling. Furthermore, we have to contact customer service several times before we receive help with our issues.